PDA

View Full Version : Today's News,Monday, May. 18

denime
05-18-2009, 06:44 AM
Mornin'

TFC still learning that outshooting does not mean outscoring
PAUL ATTFIELD

"Goals win games, it's as simple as that."

While interim head coach Chris Cummins gets no marks for pointing out the obvious, it would be hard to score any fewer than his offence did against the still-unbeaten Chicago Fire on Saturday.
Once again, Toronto FC outshot the opposition 11-7 but failed to find the back of the net, coming out on the wrong end of a 2-0 score that dropped their record to 3-3-4 with one-third of the Major League Soccer season now in the books.

Read More (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20090518.TFC18ART2207/TPStory/Sports)

SUNSHINE (http://www.torontosun.com/sunshinegirl/)

boban
05-18-2009, 09:10 AM
SSG - a little old ( I like the SSG to be 18-25 max), but my nice body . :hump:

London
05-18-2009, 09:16 AM
SSG - a little old ( I like the SSG to be 18-25 max), but my nice body . :hump:

looks to be a local stripper!!
look at those bruises on her legs and thos big fake titties:hump::hump:

rocker
05-18-2009, 09:18 AM
5'2 and slim like that is always nice..

WHITEY
05-18-2009, 09:20 AM
5'2 and slim like that is always nice..

Yes sir!:yum:

Shep
05-18-2009, 09:21 AM
"...wants to return to college one day."

:canada: Love the woman they put in there. :drinking:

London
05-18-2009, 10:12 AM
"...wants to return to college one day."

:canada: Love the woman they put in there. :drinking:

like i said, is that not what every stripper says??

WHITEY
05-18-2009, 10:21 AM
like i said, is that not what every stripper says??

I think it's usually more like "doing this to put myself through college";)

denime
05-18-2009, 11:13 AM
It's good to see everybody read the TFC article :rolleyes:.

But it's more than just one game. Now in his fifth year in MLS, Barrett has averaged a goal every 8.5 shots, while McBride, into his ninth MLS season, takes an average of seven shots to score.

As a point of reference, former England manager Glenn Hoddle famously refused to pick Andrew Cole for the 1998 World Cup because he was the "type of striker who takes six chances to score." And this was a man who once enjoyed a 40-goal season in the English Premier League for Newcastle United.

Yohan
05-18-2009, 11:18 AM
the difference between barrett and mcbride is that mcbride doesn't miss sitters very often...

ExiledRed
05-18-2009, 11:28 AM
A lot of Barrett's 'missed shots' aren't really shots at all.

toeing the ball softly to the keeper, might count as a shot statistically but it really isnt.

And as Chad didnt get his shot off the other night, that doesnt count on his statistics as a miss.

We talk about Chad's final touch being awful. On Saturday, too many good plays ended with him, not because of his finish, but because he can't read the game and does the wrong thing every time he gets the ball.

Toronto Gunner
05-18-2009, 11:54 AM
We talk about Chad's final touch being awful. On Saturday, too many good plays ended with him, not because of his finish, but because he can't read the game and does the wrong thing every time he gets the ball.

Being Arsenal supporters, my wife and I have the unfortunate habit of shouting "Bendtner!" in an angry and disappointed way nearly every time he ends up with the ball in front of goal. After watching Barrett this season we have started shouting "Barretner" just as often... the guy can't finish, and if he can't finish, is he the guy we want up front? I'm a big fat no in that department.

That said, a salient point was brought up previously while Barrett-bashing on these forums: the guy creates tons of opportunities to score, and if he did in fact capitalize on them, he wouldn't be an MLS striker, he'd be somewhere in Europe making at least thrice the coin.

boban
05-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Last I checked we don't live in some commy country where we are told what to think and write on.

ExiledRed
05-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Being Arsenal supporters, my wife and I have the unfortunate habit of shouting "Bendtner!" in an angry and disappointed way nearly every time he ends up with the ball in front of goal. After watching Barrett this season we have started shouting "Barretner" just as often... the guy can't finish, and if he can't finish, is he the guy we want up front? I'm a big fat no in that department.

That said, a salient point was brought up previously while Barrett-bashing on these forums: the guy creates tons of opportunities to score, and if he did in fact capitalize on them, he wouldn't be an MLS striker, he'd be somewhere in Europe making at least thrice the coin.

This logic is flawed, there are many superior strikers in MLS who aren't going anywhere.

He doesn't make as many chances as he gets, quite a lot are served to him beautifully and he squanders it.

More often than not on Saturday, a string of good passes would end with Barrett, who would pass it to Chicago or flub it. In the first half I think he forgot he was playing for TFC now.

Every time momentum would build, it would end with Barrett's terrible decision making and I'm not just talking about his attempts to score. I'm talking about playing it on, finding a guy in space whatever.

He can't read the game, he has no idea what the other players are trying to do and he fucks up good plays.

Roogsy
05-18-2009, 12:53 PM
This is how tight the east is.

We went from contending for first last week, to being in fourth this week.

That playoff spot isn't looking so easy to attain right now. A dry spell in the summer again could knock us out. And playoffs are a must this year. A must.

We have to score more than a goal a game. Right now, that first goal is hard and the second is almost non-existant.

ExiledRed
05-18-2009, 01:03 PM
If the revs are good for their games in hand, we could technically be fifth.

denime
05-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Last I checked we don't live in some commy country where we are told what to think and write on.

Stay on topic or stay away from this boards,now you are told what to do,it's up to you now.

Cambridge_Red
05-18-2009, 01:12 PM
Barrett has a fucking concrete first touch too which result in scoring chances turning into goal kicks. Statistics mean shit.

Roogsy
05-18-2009, 01:27 PM
If the revs are good for their games in hand, we could technically be fifth.

Ufffffff...you just made my day a little worse with that dose of reality.

boban
05-19-2009, 08:13 AM
Stay on topic or stay away from this boards,now you are told what to do,it's up to you now.
I did. You posted about the SSG and I commented on it - as did others.
Sorry to have bruised your ego.