PDA

View Full Version : Gerry Dobson - TFC pour it on

denime
06-01-2008, 09:21 AM
TFC pour it on

On this day it was time for something different.

Normally I sit in the press box for a TFC tilt at BMO Field. If the game is on Sportsnet, then you'll find me in the broadcast booth. But Saturday I joined my wife in the seats. Yes, I bit the bullet on season tickets.

Now, when I left my house in West Rouge the sun was shining and it was warm. Rain pants or poncho were not required, or so I thought. I, of course, am an idiot for not bringing such accessories just in case. And of course you know the rest.

My better half is a die hard fan, and so there was no way we were leaving our seats until the final whistle, even though the water was up to our ankles, or at least it felt that way.

Despite it all I still managed to notice that without David Beckham and Landon Donovan, this L.A outfit doesn't have much to offer, except excuses.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/05/31/tfc_galaxy/

Razcle
06-01-2008, 09:47 AM
i WAS waiting for someone to explain why Cunny put the ball underneith his jersey...I was expecting he did something afterwords with it to make the celebration complete but I missed it on the broadcast

Ron Manager
06-01-2008, 12:00 PM
i WAS waiting for someone to explain why Cunny put the ball underneith his jersey...I was expecting he did something afterwords with it to make the celebration complete but I missed it on the broadcast

He did indeed...he kicked it into the stands and was apparently carded for it....lol.

TFC07
06-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Jeff Cunningham showed something as well Saturday. His under the shirt routine after scoring was in dedication to his pregnant wife.

Cool.

Cambridge_Red
06-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Put your purse down Dobson. Good article :)

Dirk Diggler
06-01-2008, 12:15 PM
So Dobson called the Canada - Brazil game from the studio? Pathetic.

Broadview
06-01-2008, 02:44 PM
So Dobson called the Canada - Brazil game from the studio? Pathetic.

They fooled me!

Blizzard
06-01-2008, 10:32 PM
They fooled me!

Well, if you missed the pre-game or half-time show with them sitting at a set in a big studio, it would be difficult to know the difference. They have got better at it through the years and while there's no way I'd ever choose Gerry over Nigel, Gerry is able to convey much more enthusiasm than Nigel in that circumstance.

rocker
06-02-2008, 08:40 AM

Joe Ross of the footy blog had the best description of it:

Cunny impregnated himself by putting the ball under his shirt, sprinted around to induce himself into labour before he gave birth and punted his ball-baby 20 rows deep for a lucky fan to nurture.