PDA

View Full Version : Chicago @ Toronto FC Postgame Thread

TFC USA
05-16-2009, 04:58 PM
To paraphrase of Jim Mora.

"WIN?!! Win?! I just hope we can score a goal."

Barrett has to go. Vitti has to go. Some of it can be attributed to fatigue but the misses from these guys have been the story all season. Scrap everything and sign strikers. I don't care if it's one of the RPB members playing in a rec league. These 1-0 wins finally stopped and we've been bitchslapped by reality.

Frei had his worst game of the season. This defense had two crucial mental lapses that ended the game.

I'm not hitting the panic button, but these missed chances are going to kill us in the deep run.

By the way, Ricardo Salazar, you are a facking horrible ref.

Batman
05-16-2009, 04:59 PM
I know it's obvious...but the game completely turned on the NO CALL on the hand ball.

That and Barretts lack of finish killed us.

Waggy
05-16-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm not blaming the ref a bit. I agree with the calls. The questionable handball didnt impact play at all. Thats the standard for whether or not to call a penalty. It was just a soccer play. Then we stopped playing to complain and they scored. THATS when the real issue showed up: we could have had 2 or 3 goals

ALSO DERO!!! 'This turfs got to go" awesome

edit: forgot to finish my thought. Distracted by Deros interview. Anywho: Mo A STRIKER! My kingdom for a striker!!

troy1982
I agree with the no call, the defenders hands were into his body and not out wide as in Wynne's instances. Plus it did not stop a scoring chance.

twistedchinaman
Ref = shite.
Game = laugher.
Barrett = the tribe has spoken.
Vitti = lárgate, bastardo! (FluSH, please feel free to correct me)

Beer and Preakness Stakes time.

TFC USA
05-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I somewhat agree.

It really turned when we decided to just let Chicago waltz their way into the opening goal.

Krasno.pL.
LMAO thataa boy Derooo.
This Turfs Gotta Go. Im Sick of it hahahahahahah
lets see what happens there :D

Dub Narcotic
Can't win every game, especially with so many in a row. Chicago was good defensively and a little bit lucky with their goals. The handball would have been a very harsh penalty, but I'm sure we're doomed for a week of threads about how much MLS referees suck. I think some of the Frei->Europe threads also have to stop for a while, now that Frei has looked shaky two games running.

Mojo
05-16-2009, 05:02 PM
I dunno if it was smart of DeRo to call out the turf on live TV, he should probably save that for his talks with management. But still, totally agree.

Juanito
05-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Are we the LEAFS now?
We are always BITCHING AND COMPLAINING about the refs (not everyone, but it seems like the thing to do) ...

For 60 minutes, we couldn't do FUCK ALL ....
It wasn't until they scored a goal (and where were the back four?), that TFC decided it was time to play footie.

Can someone buy Vittit and Barrett a fucking map, compass, and instructions on where the goal is? Holy crap .... we'll never win with such piss-poor decision-making!!

Inklink
Wynne and Harmse were called on those handballs earlier in the season. But it's just not going Toronto's way (the penalty calls). But that's the least of our problems.

Finishing is dreadful. Cummins says "as long as we're creating chances, I'm not worried at all". Well Chris, you better start worrying if I'm honest with you. 20 minutes? Listen, Barrett needs 20 hours of finishing training every day, if I'm honest with ya'. Vitti: Dude, you gotta go bald or something. BTW, what an awful pitch.

..if I'm honest with ya' .

You wanted Bitching, right? ;)

BigLou
I am watching the game on CBC and after the game DERO said " Im sick of this turf, it has to go, its killing our game". I wonder if our top players speaking out like that are gonna push on MLSE to get it done?

TFC USA
It's time we start playing attractive football on a consistent basis. I think that the interest is waning in Toronto and it's because we never produce entertaining games. Just entertaining spurts.

Play attractive and get results, like against Montreal. Not this bull.

troy1982
05-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Wynne and Harmse were called on those handballs earlier in the season. But it's just not going Toronto's way (the penalty calls). But that's the least of our problems.

Finishing is dreadful. Cummins says "as long as we're creating chances, I'm not worried at all". Well Chris, you better start worrying if I'm honest with you. 20 minutes? Listen, Barrett needs 20 hours of finishing training every day, if I'm honest with ya'. Vitti: Dude, you gotta go bald or something. BTW, what an awful pitch.

..if I'm honest with ya' .

You wanted Bitching, right? ;)

the difference is the hands were out side in the calls against us and blocked passes from the other teams, the defender today had his hands against his body from a header pass from his own team mate.

Vindaloo
05-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Great hearing that from Dero.

They better talk about his comments on the post game show.

jloome
05-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Fuck, what a ridiculous outcome. We control possession huge chunks, have four or five golden opportunities and can't finish worth a fuck.

We need a fucking striker who can finish. Love the skills from Chad and Pablo, but it's like they're trying to fucking miss the net. Like it's a contest: which one of us can put together the most hilarious highlight reel of flubs this year?

Either O'Brien White is the real deal (and judging by the rest of this year's graduating class he might well be) or Mo's gotta get us a finisher; Cummins is doing everything right tactically and we're just not putting games away the way we should.

Yes, we've just had a good run. But pretty much all by single goals. Today, against a better team, we flubbed our finishes.

Batman
05-16-2009, 05:05 PM
I dunno if it was smart of DeRo to call out the turf on live TV, he should probably save that for his talks with management. But still, totally agree.

I think the management is with him on it. Glad he said it.

ag futbol
05-16-2009, 05:06 PM
I don't think this game told us anything we didnt' know... We have zero wide midfield players and strikers (hopefully White is feeling ambitious). Back end of the roster needs to be cut for new blood along with the other obvious targets.

Mo's got some work to do this summer.

PS. we can't blame the ref for actually calling a good game while the rest of his peers do a piss job. All and all it didn't impact the game. No touchy fouls called, maybe a few 50/50's that were mis-handled. But other than that he controlled the game well. I think people are grasping at this based on the past, but the reffing today was acceptable.

twistedchinaman
05-16-2009, 05:06 PM
It's time we start playing attractive football on a consistent basis. I think that the interest is waning in Toronto and it's because we never produce entertaining games. Just entertaining spurts.

Play attractive and get results, like against Montreal. Not this bull.

Chicago plays the ugly style, sort of like the trap in hockey. It's effective but lowbrow. We must not stoop to their level.

BigLou
05-16-2009, 05:07 PM
To paraphrase of Jim Mora.

By the way, Ricardo Salazar, you are a facking horrible ref.

I wonder in three years how many points him and Baldomero Toledo cost us.....

Juanito
05-16-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm glad to see that we aren't going to settle for mediocrity .... we deserve better than that crap we saw today!

Lennon
05-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Can't wait for O'brian White to get healthy so we can see what he can do ... creating chances means nothing if you never put the ball in the net ...

Inklink
05-16-2009, 05:09 PM
the difference is the hands were out side in the calls against us and blocked passes from the other teams, the defender today had his hands against his body from a header pass from his own team mate.

You may be right, but from what I remember, the one against Harmse and I believe one of the two against Wynne were similar.

Juanito
05-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Can't wait for O'brian White to get healthy so we can see what he can do ... creating chances means nothing if you never put the ball in the net ...

Totally agree. No one cares how many players you beat, or how well the cross was .... as long as the ball doesn't go in the back of the net, it's worth spit.

profit89
05-16-2009, 05:10 PM
That was a pretty ugly game.

TFC USA
05-16-2009, 05:11 PM
I've stayed quiet on the whole Mo thing.

But what does it say to you that for 3 years running under his wing we're saying "We need a new striker"?

It's not working out. Even with these MLS rules that defy logic you gotta produce something.

Redcoe15
05-16-2009, 05:12 PM
DO NOT GIVE ME THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT ABOUT THAT NON CALL HANDBALL BEING THE RIGHT CALL! THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED RIGHT ON THE FUCKING SPOT! PERIOD! IF THE REFS ARE GONNA CALL IT, LIKE THEY DID ON WYNNE, THEN YOU GODDAMN FUCKING CALL IT ON EVERYONE! MLS REFS ARE THE MOST INCOMPETENT PIECES OF FUCKING SHIT THAT FIFA EMPLOYES! SALAZAR, YOU ARE A FUCKING DOUCHESTAIN ON YOUR PROFESSION!:rant:

profit89
05-16-2009, 05:13 PM
Seattle's FieldTurf is miles better. Ours is all beat up and pounded.

TFC USA
05-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Someone on Big Soccer just mentioned we haven't scored more than 1 goal in any of our BMO games. Yet on the road we've scored 3 goals on two occasions.

This is alarming.

Could also say that (I believe) KC and DC have grass surfaces.

Inswingingwingman
Last week the Montreal announcers said the Fieldturf was our advantage. This week it was Chicago's. Now how does that make sense? What is DeRo blaming his poor game on, the turf? How come it didn't bother the opposition..?

Juanito
DO NOT GIVE ME THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT ABOUT THAT NON CALL HANDBALL BEING THE RIGHT CALL! THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED RIGHT ON THE FUCKING SPOT! PERIOD! IF THE REFS ARE GONNA CALL IT, LIKE THEY DID ON WYNNE, THEN YOU GODDAMN FUCKING CALL IT ON EVERYONE! MLS REFS ARE THE MOST INCOMPETENT PIECES OF FUCKING SHIT THAT FIFA EMPLOYES! SALAZAR, YOU ARE A FUCKING DOUCHESTAIN ON YOUR PROFESSION!:rant:

Fair enough. But all those misses have NOTHING to do with the ref. We should have won either way.

Redcoe15
05-16-2009, 05:16 PM
and Chad Barrett Has Got To Go! He's All Start And No Finish! How Much Longer Do We Have To Be Patient With Him?!!

Juanito
Last week the Montreal announcers said the Fieldturf was our advantage. This week it was Chicago's. Now how does that make sense? What is DeRo blaming his poor game on, the turf? How come it didn't bother the opposition..?

I agree. TFC are becoming professional whiners ... stop making excuses and put the ball in the back of the net!

boban
Why wasn't it?
Just puts more heat on the people who can make this happen.

Batman
05-16-2009, 05:18 PM

I didn't hear Dero say the turl was the reason they lost. Just that if fucked up the game.

cochrdoc
05-16-2009, 05:21 PM
If Harmse and Wynne`s are called handballs,so was the one today.First goal was because of mental breakdown because of no call.Players have to stay focused and not have these breakdowns but refereeing is very inconsistant.So what is new.If this team is going to get to next level we need a finisher.

troy1982
05-16-2009, 05:23 PM
If Harmse and Wynne`s are called handballs,so was the one today.First goal was because of mental breakdown because of no call.Players have to stay focused and not have these breakdowns but refereeing is very inconsistant.So what is new.If this team is going to get to next level we need a finisher.

The defenders hands were not up wide, that to me is the big difference.

AdamZ
05-16-2009, 05:26 PM

Huh? Nobody cares what announcers said. It wasn't Chicago's or our advantage this game.

All it does is make the game ugly, even in good weather. It's not the right surface.

boban
05-16-2009, 05:27 PM
You are right about staying focused when a call does not go our way, but the goaltending on that play (as a last ditch effort to save a goal) was piss poor. Late in coming out, hesitated, and didn't play his arms. Just brutal.

Yes we need a finisher - a quality one at that.

Batman
05-16-2009, 05:29 PM
You are right about staying focused when a call does not go our way, but the goaltending on that play (as a last ditch effort to save a goal) was piss poor. Late in coming out, hesitated, and didn't play his arms. Just brutal.

He's a rookie. Maybe first mistakes of the season.

Batman
05-16-2009, 05:30 PM
BTW...when Dero is saying we shold have finished a few of those... is he calling out Barrett? I hope so.

Davenport
05-16-2009, 05:31 PM
and Chad Barrett Has Got To Go! He's All Start And No Finish! How Much Longer Do We Have To Be Patient With Him?!!
Christ he's shite....and so is Vitti.
I have taken a dislike to Barrett especially...he behaves and finishes like a loser.

Juanito
05-16-2009, 05:33 PM

Cut Frei some slack. He has saved our keeshsters throughout the season and he made one mistake, he is a rookie. What our back four were doing is the better question.

Juanito
05-16-2009, 05:34 PM
I have taken a dislike to Barrett especially...he behaves and finishes like a loser.

Chad is terrible.

boban
05-16-2009, 05:35 PM
He's a rookie. Maybe first mistakes of the season.
No it wasn't.
He made 2 mistakes on DC goals last week and those weren't his 1st mistakes either.

boban
05-16-2009, 05:37 PM
BTW...when Dero is saying we shold have finished a few of those... is he calling out Barrett? I hope so.
Dunno. It was intermixed with the turf comment so who knows.
But I sure hope he was. Same with Vitti.

I was like the guy when he first came here and the given the chance with Cummins.
But now some 6 games in he needs to score. Enough of the deeking bs, put the fucker in the back of the net already.

Beach_Red
05-16-2009, 05:38 PM

One thing about this team, when they have a defensive lapse - every one of them has it.

boban
05-16-2009, 05:41 PM
One thing about this team, when they have a defensive lapse - every one of them has it.
True that. it's like they have a collective brain fart or something lol

Oldtimer
05-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Calm down everyone. ONE bad game after playing so many games in a super-compact schedule. :rolleyes: Sheesh!

Now that I've said that, I'd like to say that Sutton should be in net next game. Frei clearly needs a break (I said that already after the MTL game).

Waggy
05-16-2009, 05:48 PM
The rule is the ball can hit hands and be incidental contact. If the play isn't interupted by the handball, then no penalty. If someone were swinging their hands (Like Wynn did), and the ball hits, when it would have gone clear through for a scoring chance, the ref has NO option but to give a penalty. The ball today had it not hit his forarm, would have hit his head/chest/shoulder. It'd NEVER have gotten to a tfc player, we'd lost posession. Its not important anyways. Whatever call the refs make or dont make, you DEAL WITH. You dont STOP PLAYING AND GIVE UP A GOAL! You aren't going to change the refs mind, you're professionals ACT LIKE IT. Fuck me.

edit: Oldtimer, I ordinarilly completely agree. We won't always get results, and I'm ok with that. But what I have a serious problem with is if we lose out of lack of effort. And on their winning goal, we didnt even try and compete because we were whining. Thats a big problem for me. If we play hard and lose, shit happens. But to lose due to whining?! Maybe the players are reading the board too much

TFC07
05-16-2009, 06:04 PM
- Not converting our chances is hurting this team! We got lucky with Vancouver and Montreal game, but that doesn't say much since both those opponents lack quality.

- Chad and Vitti gotta go! We need to use our DP on a striker who can finish!

- I find it interesting how J.Smith played today while Rohan Ricketts was sitting on the bench.

- Field turf is a pain in da ass! We need to get rid of it! It is killing the game.

- Sutton should have started insted of Frei. Frei has played too many games lately. Give him a rest!

- Too many giveaways and bad passing from TFC.

dag
05-16-2009, 06:10 PM
Overall, a T E R R I B L E performance by the lads. Perhaps the high number of games in recent days slowed them down. But all I saw were first touches that gave away the ball, passes that went nowhere, lack of on-field communication, and Barrett demonstrating once again that he can't hit the broad side of a barn.

The thread already has the usual burning-in-effigy of the referee, but it will always be easier say that we were robbed, than to admit we were defeated.

I only saw De Ro displaying any passion on the pitch. Robinson seemed incapable of developing a play. The back four twice let down the keeper.

And what the hell is Toronto's inability to play to state of the pitch? Don't these guys practice on it? Aren't they aware of how the ball skips on the (admittedly shit) surface?

A very poor game. TFC needs to regroup, send Barrett to a sports psychologist, and get its act in gear.

morgank1986
05-16-2009, 06:22 PM
When it comes right down to it Chicago got 2 chances today and they finished both of them. We got 4-6 chances and finished none of them. A lot of us have been on Barrett and rightfully so, he has wasted many chances, but it's my feeling that this is a slump and we shouldn't be calling for is head. Some guys need to just stick on it to snap out of their slumps, some need to have a seat for a while, Cummins has tried the former with Barrett it's time for the latter. As for Vitti, he didn't have a good game today. He was playing in a centre forward position and was getting beaten quite often in the air. Vitti isn't the kinda player who is going to win the majority of battles in the air though, he's much stronger when he is playing on the right.

iansmcl
05-16-2009, 06:46 PM
I have to find a replay of the "handball" cause when I saw it at the game it looked like the defender moved his hand/arm towards the ball.

Shit effort from the team, regardless.

Cronin is a good crosser of the ball, he should start taking free kicks and corners. How many corners is Guevara going to hit at the closest defender before we give someone else a shot? Also, Cronin has the first touch of an ox... at least today.

Harmse: Target Man of the Future? He had a few nifty headers/flicks today.

Guevara... I don't even know. Sometimes he seems like he wants to play, other times he stands and watches everybody. Frustrating to watch.

Barrett: Needs to shot the ball away from the keeper. I know for a fact I could have put that open header he had on net.

Vitti: I dunno about this guy. Definitely not the finisher we need. Couldn't hit the net on either header he had... even after giving the Chicago defender a stiff arm to the back once to get a totally free header.

SoccMan
05-16-2009, 06:48 PM
You know what I can't blame Frei on any of the goals today or against D.C. However, last year, I don't have enough fingers on my hands to count how many screw ups Sutton gave us.

loconet
05-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Had it been us at the other end of that incident, it would have been called.

Markham_RPB
05-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Here's a Chad Barrett Slogan ;

" All Swedish , no Finnish "

giambac
05-16-2009, 07:25 PM
I just got back from the game and I can't figure out was the worse thing from todays match:

1) a boring snooze fest first half. I mean it had to be the worse excuse of a soccer half that i have ever seen. It put me to sleep and took the home advantage crowd right of the game, or
2) The poor officiating, or
3) The terrible, brutall, lack of finishing from our strikers.

I mean they were all bad, the whole game, the whole afternoon was bad and disappointing.

billyfly
05-16-2009, 07:52 PM
I am upset about today's game. We had chances but the lack of finishing cost us again.

What can you do, when you live in a shoe?

Juanito
05-16-2009, 07:53 PM
I'm glad I watched that match on television ... if I went to the match, I would have been even more upset because I would have wasted my afternoon for nothing!!

billyfly
05-16-2009, 07:55 PM
G Force!

Tintin
05-16-2009, 07:58 PM
You are missing his point He said that the turf tires the body in the long run

Juanito
05-16-2009, 08:17 PM
G Force!
???
Wrong thread?

billyfly
05-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Oops. Sorry.;)

wzhxvy
05-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Oh and btw, the fans/supporters should get their ass in their seats before the game..not 2 minutes before the game but 10 minutes before the game. It was embarassing today and it gets worse everygame.

The "we are still playing hockey" chant was good, I have to admit. And the East side, all those empty seats, yikes.

Today was horrible game and I am not going to comment about our play until after next week...I think we will be able to judge where we are next week. No needs to go crazy after this game.

NewCity
05-16-2009, 08:51 PM
Who else found it a little offensive that Brennan being a "C" states (in my round about words to summarize) in his post interview that they are tired from playing all those games within such a short period. I would of rather he told media this before the match, so I could of stayed home to watch the game. I'm just a little upset that this REF'ing is continuing. I was completely turned off. It was also not cool of the lateness from the supporters...something was just not right in the air tonight maybe....and get the vocal chords going. OK, now that I've vented....the positive....we've created alot of chances and we're missing multiple goals by inches. I'm confident that we will succeed with greatness this year. Let's all make sure that when New England Team comes to "Our HOUSE", that they get a warm invitation....cause the goals will be popping like popcorn..TFC 5-0 VICTORY! Let's put the past beyond us and let's be proud of the GREAT SUCCESS our mighty REDS have been achieving. Cheers!

ExiledRed
05-16-2009, 08:55 PM

Because the opposition haven't been playing on it for 5 of the last 6 games. Those guys were obviously fatigued out there.

NewCity
05-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Because the opposition haven't been playing on it for 5 of the last 6 games. Those guys were obviously fatigued out there.

I Agree. I've also never seen a ref change his mind from a goal to a corner kick until today,lol.

Cambridge_Red
05-16-2009, 09:19 PM
I Agree. I've also never seen a ref change his mind from a goal kick to a corner kick until today,lol.

Fixed.

RedsYNWA
05-16-2009, 09:27 PM
The first half was like watching paint dry....I brought a buddy of mine for his first time ever to a TFC game in the south end....SNOOZEFEST..not just by the team but by the fans..I think everyone was gone for the weekend, no cheering lame chants, piss poor result... I should of gone up north

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-16-2009, 09:33 PM
We did ok but that moment when we sould have got a PK our player's got fucked up and Cronin pass the ball right to a chi player then to Blanco he mad a nice pass to Rolfe and that was that.

Yohan
05-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Yeah really. The boys looked bagged even from the first whistle.

None of that zip zip nice passing we saw against Mtl or Van.

This game was so frustrating to watch

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-16-2009, 09:36 PM
^^ Well they have played alot in may what like 6 or 7 game

shaggingscot
05-16-2009, 09:56 PM
That match was fucking awful.....I don't care about all the excuses show some fucking heart. Guevera's act is really starting to wear thin on me, stop playing the fucking ball square or backwards...christ i'm pissed off!

Cambridge_Red
05-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Our lineup suggested we weren't out for blood.. packing the midfield isn't a great idea.. Back to square one I suppose.

werewolf
05-16-2009, 10:29 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=278949

TSN's match recap from the Canadian Press, the last two paragraphs are the best -

He didn't do much else. At 36, Blanco runs like he is in need of a hip replacement and he was clattered by Toronto pretty much every time he touched the ball.

Toronto defender Nana Attakora left the game after the first half with a concussion. "He called me J.C. (former coach John Carver) so I thought we'd better get him off," said Cummins.

Inklink
05-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Frei is the least of our problems, I think.

Pachuco
05-16-2009, 10:43 PM
We lost because we didn't finish. Simple as that. We didn't have our best passing game, but Chicago's passess were even worst then ours. At the end of the day, they had two chances and buried them both. We had more then them and just couldn't convert.

The promising thing for me is that I don't feel we were outplayed, as opposed to the Seattle game at home. We've played alot of games this month, so losing to a stacked Chicago team really isn't the worst thing in the world. I've been feeling confident about this team since Carver left, one game isn't going to change that for me.

EDIT: I'd like to add one thing. If Nana stays on the pitch the game could very well end 0 -0. I thought he was a beast in the first half. Fuck I love that kid.

Detroit_TFC
05-16-2009, 11:20 PM
The only thing that was wrong with Barrett's game was the finishing. He fought hard, he had big hustle, he was moving the ball around better than ever. He was in the right spot nearly always.

But he just can't get the ball in the net.

Cambridge_Red
05-16-2009, 11:37 PM
The only thing that was wrong with Barrett's game was the finishing. He fought hard, he had big hustle, he was moving the ball around better than ever. He was in the right spot nearly always.

Its been the story all season. I would rather a lazy bastard that only scored goals as opposed to a "tryer"

cougars732
05-16-2009, 11:56 PM
gotta admit that was a nice ass pass from blanco for the assist on the first goal.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-16-2009, 11:59 PM
TFC players..show some heart when your playing at home..this was the worst game at home in franchise history..No effort, No Heart= no points...even thought i had to leave at the 70 min to attend the folks 50th anniversary..im not sorry i walked out i should have run the display was pathetic...ok we have had a lot of games in a short period which is fair enough, but not showing any emotion at home is not acceptable..

Azzurri86
05-17-2009, 12:13 AM
some of the guys in this forum act like they expect our guys to go out and perform 100% to their capability every game and win every game. As long as they give 100% effort each game, they are allowed to lose games. They've played a hell of a lot of games and as long as they give it all they can, which I believe they do every game, then I think some of the guys on this forum need to relax and accept the fact that we will never (even if we're in this league for 300 yrs) go 30-0-0 with 90 points and deal with a loss accordingly.

tfc007
05-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Everyone is asking when obrien white is ready to play,its like he is going to be our savior. He might just turn out to be just as useless as some of the tits we have running around on the field.What we need is a solid defence which we havent seen since day one (you would figure MLSE would learn this by now) Then we need is a DP striker somebody like juan Pablo angel,pure scoring machine and not bad playmaker, I dont understand how a fucken player like this is playing for the Red Bulls.Angel has proven himself in MLS.We also need to improve our bench, guys like johan smith,kevin harmse,etc...... just dont cut it.And finally we need to improve our playing surface,yesterday was another fine example why field turf SUCKS!:flare::scarf::flare::flare::flare::flare::f lare:

bertal
05-17-2009, 08:15 AM

agreed, that doorknob barrett thinks hes wayne rooney
and vitti cant finish for shit, and pass the ball once in a while... its a team game

Hooligan69
05-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Disappointing game and result yesterday. Not a pleasant day at all.

Inswingingwingman
05-17-2009, 08:43 AM
Someone mentioned Vitti makes way more than Chad B. Illuminate me.

RealG-TFC
05-17-2009, 09:02 AM
I still have faith in Vitti when he plays with Dichio. Barrett is simply a lost cause.

giambac
05-17-2009, 09:38 AM
]Oh and btw, the fans/supporters should get their ass in their seats before the game..not 2 minutes before the game but 10 minutes before the game. It was embarassing today and it gets worse everygame.[/B]

The "we are still playing hockey" chant was good, I have to admit. And the East side, all those empty seats, yikes.

Today was horrible game and I am not going to comment about our play until after next week...I think we will be able to judge where we are next week. No needs to go crazy after this game.

True point.

When you look at the start of the match 60% of the seats are empty.
It gets worse and worse each game.

I don't get it. It's a 4:00pm start on a Saturday so there is no excuse.

And we say we are the best Soccer supporters in this league??? That isn't support.

giambac
05-17-2009, 09:39 AM
I still have faith in Vitti when he plays with Dichio. Barrett is simply a lost cause.

Who has missed more opportunities, more easy chances - Cunningham from last season or Barrett this season??????

Kevvv
05-17-2009, 09:50 AM
TFC players..show some heart when your playing at home..this was the worst game at home in franchise history..No effort, No Heart= no points...even thought i had to leave at the 70 min to attend the folks 50th anniversary..im not sorry i walked out i should have run the display was pathetic...ok we have had a lot of games in a short period which is fair enough, but not showing any emotion at home is not acceptable..

You weren't the only one. The place drained fast and early.

And finally we need to improve our playing surface,yesterday was another fine example why field turf SUCKS!

It did, the ball was bouncing off our guys like a beach ball. That said, they won playing on the same surface.

Pachuco
05-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Who has missed more opportunities, more easy chances - Cunningham from last season or Barrett this season??????

Interesting thing to note. Comparing Cunningham last year to Barrett this year.

Cunningham - 747 mins, 3 goals, 0 assists, 19 shots, 8 Shots on goal
Barrett - 769mins, 2 goals, 0 assists, 27 shots, 13 shots on goal

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/stats/index.jsp?club=t280

So based on stats, Barrett has missed way more chances and based on recollection, Barrett has missed way more easy chances. Cunningham also has 1 more goal then him with less minutes played.

Having said that, I'll take Barrett over Cunningham anyday. He just works too hard to keep these stats up. Hopefully he doesn't prove me wrong. Because if by the end of the season he's still doing the same shit then I would say we have no need for him.

Juanito
05-17-2009, 10:23 AM

Unfortunately for him, the scoring is what matters!!
Close only counts in darts, curling, and horseshoes!!

Roogsy
05-17-2009, 10:32 AM
I am surprised at the comments and attitude of the board after this game.

Yes...we played like shit. I agree. I am not happy about it.

But none of us should be surprised. How many games has this team played in the last 3 weeks? With the limited MLS roster we are allowed to have, no wonder they were exhausted. They had no zip out there. This team needs a break.

And I don't care how you justify it. Had that defender been TFC, that call would've gone against us, so how you guys can say it was a "good" call is beyond me. It was a handball. Period. But our guys had a brain fart after that and let Chicago capitalize on our frustration.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if we lose 1-nill or 4-nill....you aren't going to win any games if you don't score a goal.

Our finishing HAS to get better. It HAS to. I am a Vitti fan but at this point, he needs to have put one in the back of the net...especially that header he had a chance with.

Roogsy
05-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Having said that, I'll take Barrett over Cunningham anyday. He just works too hard to keep these stats up. Hopefully he doesn't prove me wrong. Because if by the end of the season he's still doing the same shit then I would say we have no need for him.

Barrett works all game. Wins balls. Creates chances. Helps defend. In many ways, he really is a mini-Rooney (except with the finish).

Cunny did none of that.

So yeah, I agree, I'd take Barrett over Cunny any day.

Yohan
05-17-2009, 10:39 AM
I am surprised at the comments and attitude of the board after this game.

Yes...we played like shit. I agree. I am not happy about it.

But none of us should be surprised. How many games has this team played in the last 3 weeks? With the limited MLS roster we are allowed to have, no wonder they were exhausted. They had no zip out there. This team needs a break.

I blame this more on Cummins lack of squad rotation

We're suppose to have a bit of depth this year, right? What's the point of depth if you don't use it?

boban
05-17-2009, 10:58 AM
I blame this more on Cummins lack of squad rotation

We're suppose to have a bit of depth this year, right? What's the point of depth if you don't use it?
Exactly.
Why Sutton has not started in one of these games during this run is beyond me for starters.

Pyeddo
05-17-2009, 12:15 PM
It was hard sitting in 105 and hearing the Flamer fans chant "you got barrett we got McBride".... and then watch Chad bumble and easy pass, lay off, etc.

giambac
05-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Interesting thing to note. Comparing Cunningham last year to Barrett this year.

Cunningham - 747 mins, 3 goals, 0 assists, 19 shots, 8 Shots on goal
Barrett - 769mins, 2 goals, 0 assists, 27 shots, 13 shots on goal

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/stats/index.jsp?club=t280

So based on stats, Barrett has missed way more chances and based on recollection, Barrett has missed way more easy chances. Cunningham also has 1 more goal then him with less minutes played.

I agree. I too would take Barrett over Cunningham. I just wanted to point out that they both have had similar problems. True Barrett is a hard worker and defends as well. I too hope that eventualy things turn around for him. You know he is trying.

S_D
05-17-2009, 04:07 PM
I too think that Barrett is a hard worker and defends well. He just can't finish with somewhat regularity, and after watching Vitti closely, he is outmatched as a forward with those big defenders in the MLS.

Now hear me out. I think they should both be midfielders. Barrett with his solid defending and workrate should be a central mid and Vitti strikes me as more of an attacking mid. Technically he is very good, but his body just isn't big enough to take on the like of Conde. He was getting pushed around and his head came up to Conde's chest. I would like to see them in other positions to allow them to play to their strengths.

What do you think?

deeznutz
05-17-2009, 04:27 PM
I too think that Barrett is a hard worker and defends well. He just can't finish with somewhat regularity, and after watching Vitti closely, he is outmatched as a forward with those big defenders in the MLS.

Now hear me out. I think they should both be midfielders. Barrett with his solid defending and workrate should be a central mid and Vitti strikes me as more of an attacking mid. Technically he is very good, but his body just isn't big enough to take on the like of Conde. He was getting pushed around and his head came up to Conde's chest. I would like to see them in other positions to allow them to play to their strengths.

What do you think?

You have a point there! The bottom line is hitting the back of the net! Vitti is like watching a gaint stick with legs.I don't care how many moves he has put on or how fast he is or even if he perms his hair! If you can't hit the back of the net with how many trys it's time for someone that can! Same is said for Barrett.

tfctoffee
05-17-2009, 09:05 PM
^ I have to disagree, Barrett is more of a wing forward and I don't think would be necessary or as good in central midfield. He's fine where he is now on the wing and moving around, although I'd like to see the forwards change sides/positions more often to cause the defenders a few more problems.

Vitti just hasn't done it for me so far, Barrett gives us so much more in terms of pace, work rate, his running(timing and angles), his position, movement, and his tracking back.

That being said we don't really have that many options right now, it would be nice to have a good finisher that barrett and dero could play off of but that doesn't look likely, and until we can get one in we will struggle to find the back of the net.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-17-2009, 09:41 PM
You weren't the only one. The place drained fast and early.

It did, the ball was bouncing off our guys like a beach ball. That said, they won playing on the same surface.

i hated leaving early, but 10 minutes at the ex go station i saw the mass coming out i knew the result was not good. we should have had a penalty, it was clear as day. we have to start making our own luck and start creating chances. We have the Revs up this Saturday, another tough but winable game.....come on:scarf: pick it up

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Exactly.
Why Sutton has not started in one of these games during this run is beyond me for starters.

Frei has been great...hes not out problem the other 10 are..!1 when a keeper is doing we you dont switch....TFC have to deal Sutton to get
a good pick or something

TFC USA
05-17-2009, 10:01 PM
^ I have to disagree, Barrett is more of a wing forward and I don't think would be necessary or as good in central midfield. He's fine where he is now on the wing and moving around, although I'd like to see the forwards change sides/positions more often to cause the defenders a few more problems.

Vitti just hasn't done it for me so far, Barrett gives us so much more in terms of pace, work rate, his running(timing and angles), his position, movement, and his tracking back.

That being said we don't really have that many options right now, it would be nice to have a good finisher that barrett and dero could play off of but that doesn't look likely, and until we can get one in we will struggle to find the back of the net.

But in the end all of Barrett's effort and workrate is for naught when the point of the game is to score more goals than the other team. Vitti and Barrett fail at this miserably. Don't mask shite up. He does some good things but he sucks at the objective of the game.

If you can outscore the other team and at the same time do well enough to prevent said other team from scoring then I'm okay with that.

Barrett and Vitti have one more game for me. If they fail against New England then both of them have to go.

Ossington Mental Youth
05-18-2009, 01:46 AM
Barrett and Vitti have one more game for me. If they fail against New England then both of them have to go.

Go where?
Who will play in their place?
We couldnt sign a sorely needed CB in time for the season what makes you think we can sign two top level strikers during hte next window?

boban
05-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Frei has been great...hes not out problem the other 10 are..!1 when a keeper is doing we you dont switch....TFC have to deal Sutton to get
a good pick or something
First of all check what you type before you post.
Second, you don't understand the game with this post anyway.

waterdown red
05-18-2009, 10:28 AM
First time @ the BMO stadium, Great crowd and worth a goal start, Blatantly missing a striker who knows where the onion bag is, Good day out result sucked, Will be back the atmosphere is incredible credit to TFC faithful.

Waterdown red

SoccMan
05-18-2009, 11:59 AM
To the group of people who were chanting Blue Jays after the game in the hallway of the west stands, the Rogers Centre is just down the street, give me a break!

deeznutz
05-18-2009, 12:04 PM
But in the end all of Barrett's effort and workrate is for naught when the point of the game is to score more goals than the other team. Vitti and Barrett fail at this miserably. Don't mask shite up. He does some good things but he sucks at the objective of the game.

If you can outscore the other team and at the same time do well enough to prevent said other team from scoring then I'm okay with that.

Well said mate! Well said!

DichioTFC
05-21-2009, 03:10 PM
My Second time at at TFC game (first was against Montreal earlier in the week), and I loved the atmosphere and the fans.

Lets give the Reds a little bit of a break. Barrett lost possession too easily a couple times, but 5th game in two weeks is tough, especially on DeRo's favourite playing field.

Going to my third game on Saturday, hope to see the strikers come out of hiding that day!!

Thearcticwander
05-22-2009, 01:45 PM
TFC had a couple of glorious chances to score - the free kick of the crossbar was almost a brilliant goal. However, our demise started with a brain freeze by the defence. If they weren't bellyaching the handball, then maybe someone would have been available to play some defense.

Maple Leaf Red
05-22-2009, 01:50 PM
Well said mate! Well said!
Yeah, let's just disband the entire team except for Frei, Serioux, De Ro, and Dichio.

TFC USA
05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Yeah, let's just disband the entire team except for Frei, Serioux, De Ro, and Dichio.

And sign Chuck Norris. :D

Yohan
05-22-2009, 04:26 PM
And sign Chuck Norris. :D
that's so worth DP money!

Walnut
05-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Barrett works all game. Wins balls. Creates chances. Helps defend. In many ways, he really is a mini-Rooney (except with the finish).

So he is a Rooney without what makes Rooney great...?