PDA

View Full Version : 2nd assistant - Limniatis?

sampace
05-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Now that Limniatis has been removed as the head coach for Montreal, would this be a good time to bring in a second assistant? He is Canadian, decent coaching experience and as a second assistant, one who is good coaching defense, would in my opinion be an excellent asset. :yum:

Ossington Mental Youth
05-15-2009, 11:02 PM
already got Daso but i do agree he'd be good to have, dunno if he'd wanna be second coach or even 3rd coach

Blizzard
05-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Now that Limniatis has been removed as the head coach for Montreal, would this be a good time to bring in a second assistant? He is Canadian, decent coaching experience and as a second assistant, one who is good coaching defense, would in my opinion be an excellent asset. :yum:

Remove the last two letters from "asset" and you'll have it right.

rocker
05-16-2009, 12:15 AM
no need... cummins is undefeated with Daso as his assistant.
if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

VPjr
05-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Limniatis will either land a CSA job or he'll go to Greece, where I hear he's already got a few contacts. he wouldn't likely get a head coaching job in Europe but a lead assistant is possible.

sampace
05-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Rocker, I agree the team is doing well, it is not about fixing anything, it is about replacing Dasovic's only position as the 2nd assistant. Good teams take advantage of opportunities. This is an opportunity to bring in an experienced coach like Limniatis, whos if familiar with the league, players in Canada, and could help bring in some more young soccer players to TFC. He would be an ecellent coach for the development team, and assist TFC as a second assistant. The question is would he be willing to work under Cummins and Dasovic? If he is willing and interested in helping the TFC, I would definetly bring him into the fold. We need to start developing not only our Canadian Players but our Canadian coaches if we wish to see soccer in Canada take off...I believe DeVos talks about it on CBC.

Pachuco
05-16-2009, 10:55 AM
I think it's a good idea. I just don't know if he'll come here to work for Cummins and Dasovic. I also don't know if his coaching style would work with Cummins. I'm not saying I know his coaching style, just saying there's always a possibility of the other two coaches clashing with him. If they want him they'll probably get him.