PDA

View Full Version : CB Signing, On or Off?

H Bomb
05-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Remember how we had a CB lined up for the end of the European season. Does anyone know if this was a Carver move, and is now dead. It was all the talk for some time and has really died out, did I miss some info. Rahdi Jaidi was let go by Blues today and I remember him fitting a description Ives gave of the candidate...if it's happening at all that is.

Edit: Michael Duberry was also released and he fits the profile Ives gave

jloome
05-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Remember how we had a CB lined up for the end of the European season. Does anyone know if this was a Carver move, and is now dead. It was all the talk for some time and has really died out, did I miss some info. Rahdi Jaidi was let go by Blues today and I remember him fitting a description Ives gave of the candidate...if it's happening at all that is.

He's an excellent defender. He'd totally dominate at MLS level.

prizby
05-15-2009, 10:50 PM
whats our cap situation like?

Ossington Mental Youth
05-15-2009, 10:59 PM
I kinda get the impression that we might not be. I seem to remember some interview in which Mo said he'd have to re evaluate the situation with Cummins (whether or not we still need a cb) now that hes head coach (which honestly kinda reeks of dodging the bullet imo and im a Mo supporter)

T_Mizz
05-16-2009, 09:28 AM
whats our cap situation like?
I believe its worse than we previously assumed because with GA players they don't count against the cap unless they play a certain amount, like Edu in year one. Although it could possibly be that they start to count in their second season

ensco
05-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Right after we get a DP and grass.

Where did the Edu money go?

Beach_Red
05-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Right after we get a DP and grass.

That's the right order, though. We can't expect too many more 1-0 games, so DP to score some goals asap.

deltox
05-16-2009, 09:51 AM
I believe its worse than we previously assumed because with GA players they don't count against the cap unless they play a certain amount, like Edu in year one. Although it could possibly be that they start to count in their second season

actually it doesnt matter how many games they play. The GA players do not count against the roster.

you are also a GA player for 3 yrs. so thats 3 yrs you do not count against the cap

Nuvinho
05-16-2009, 09:54 AM
We have 1 roster spot, some allocation money, and a international spot still left.

But, that could also change IF we decide to move a keeper.

T_Mizz
05-16-2009, 10:02 AM
actually it doesnt matter how many games they play. The GA players do not count against the roster.

you are also a GA player for 3 yrs. so thats 3 yrs you do not count against the cap
Edu did count against the cap in year two didn't he? I feel like I know that for sure so at the very least Frei will count next year but I could swear I remember reading somewhere that the amount of games a GA player plays affects the length of their GA status

poppamidnight
05-16-2009, 10:03 AM
We have 1 roster spot, some allocation money, and a international spot still left.

But, that could also change IF we decide to move a keeper.

or a midfielder.....

Seems like that's all we have ready to play off the bench everygame:

Fuad, Rohann, Johann, Harmse

We can shed 1 goalie and 1 MF by my count.....

....the goalie depends all on how fast/what the timeframe is on Frei's tenure with us.....

....or their eyes for another young keeper via 2010 draft (if they deal 1 now)?