PDA

View Full Version : thieves among us........

edmundo
05-15-2009, 02:12 PM
i should of posted this already but i didnt have time until today, but basically, wednesdays game at about the 30th minute out of the corner of my eye i noticed this guy sitting behind me was picking up my scarf which i had laying on the seat benath me as i was standing up, knowing it was mine i turned around and said "i think thats mine man" and took it from him he made agesture as if it was an accident so i assumed nothing of it really, fast-forward to the 90th minute and after cheering and waving my scarf right up until about the 85th minute i layed it down and just continued singing, the game ends and i look down to get my scarf which was on my seat 5 miniutes before and its suddenly gone, the guy who tried to take it earlier as well was also gone, two and two being put together i realized this idiot took my scscarf and bounced, now in all honesty i dont really care cuz its a free scarf i got at the opener, but, its an important reminder that even tho the majority of us are there to cheer on the team and have fun that there are people at the games who have other ideas in mind, so just a friendly reminder to keep and eye on your things and dont leave stuff laying around cuz you could lose something of more importance or value than my free opener scarf............

AL-MO
05-15-2009, 02:14 PM
There are dishonest people everywhere. Keep your scarf around your neck at all times!

Ageroo
05-15-2009, 02:22 PM
There are dishonest people everywhere. Keep your scarf around your neck at all times!

That sucks man.......I make it a habit to keep it around my neck at all times...and if it is too hot, I tie it around my arm or wrist. You never know who will be eyeing it.....

egoodwin
05-15-2009, 02:23 PM
hope he wasn't an impact person...

Toronto Ruffrider
05-15-2009, 02:36 PM
That really sucks, man. I don't even like leaving my jacket on the seat behind me - I'm paranoid that someone will sift through the pockets. As for my scarf, I didn't have to worry about it getting stolen at the last game, since I used it was a bug shield for much of the game.

daner90
05-15-2009, 02:40 PM
jeez somebody is going to be all decked out by the end of the season, probably wearing carters jacket and edmundo's scarf. I hope he doesn't try for a pair of shorts...

edmundo
05-15-2009, 02:40 PM
ive been going to the games for about 3 years now and ive met alot of cool people and made alot of new friends and i guess for whatever reason ive let my guard down when im at the games because i feel like everyone is pretty much on the same page, but again its a reminder not just to me but everyone that you gotta be careful with your stuff

edmundo
05-15-2009, 02:42 PM
jeez somebody is going to be all decked out by the end of the season, probably wearing carters jacket and edmundo's scarf. I hope he doesn't try for a pair of shorts...

well i know what he looks like and word is he was a scalper too

BRed
05-15-2009, 02:53 PM
DAmn dirty scalper!! Rot them all to hell!

English Rachel
05-15-2009, 03:01 PM
I sit around the same people every game and they're great but thanks for the reminder, I am definitely TOO trusting....

FluSH
05-15-2009, 03:07 PM
What section where you at?

FluSH
05-15-2009, 03:08 PM
hope he wasn't an impact person...

For someone to try TWICE, either he is a low scum dirty thief or an impact supporter... the latter is worse!

tfcleeds
05-15-2009, 03:12 PM
DAmn dirty scalper!! Rot them all to hell!

You'll probably see it selling on craigslist one of these days for around $100...

Anyways, to the OP, that sucks man...

Super
05-15-2009, 03:32 PM
The team stole my heart when they beat Montreal.

:P

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-15-2009, 03:33 PM
too bad..never leave you scarf alone....i found one prior to the Impact fans arriving, i guess a guys girl friend dropped it..i was on the way to the box office to turn it in when they asked if i found a scarf..i said yes and handed it over... so their are some honest fans amoung the RPB too.

REDPATCHGRL74
05-15-2009, 03:36 PM
I also had my last years RPB member scarf stole at the Impact game on Wednesday. I am totally bummed. I know how you feel.

wzhxvy
05-15-2009, 03:42 PM
I have had stuff stolen at a game...there are definetly thieves at BMO..now wether its more than ACC, I have no clue. But low lifes exist everywhere...

Pyeddo
05-15-2009, 03:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, but common sense prevails.... hold onto anything you care about in a public setting.

edmundo
05-15-2009, 03:49 PM
What section where you at?
i was in 111 infact i remember when you were on the capo stand late in the game and i stood on top of my chair and waved my scarf lol one of my last memories of it haha, i was in row 9 seat 6 this guy was in row 10 and about seat 6, they showed up well after kick off and word is those guys were all scalpers

T-Bird
05-15-2009, 03:51 PM
ive been going to the games for about 3 years now and ive met alot of cool people and made alot of new friends and i guess for whatever reason ive let my guard down when im at the games because i feel like everyone is pretty much on the same page, but again its a reminder not just to me but everyone that you gotta be careful with your stuff

Wow! Thanks for posting! I never pay any attention to my personal belongings at games...except my purse if I have it basically for the same reasons but from now on I'll be a lot more careful!

That totally blows that someone would do that! Maybe you'll see him tomorrow and snatch ot back.:p

james
05-15-2009, 03:58 PM
in year 1 someone stole my flag. I think we have had a few banners go missing over the years to. Its more of just a piss off like who goes to a TFC game to steal shit. Kinda like back in high school at big house parties, there was always some punk who would come and steal shit from the house.

Gixmo
05-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Scarves are for wearing? :) That's brutal though!

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-15-2009, 08:56 PM
i also dropped mine at the end of the game in 112......i watched a dude pick it up in front of me and head to the exit...until i asked him nicely where the fuck are you going with that.....his reply..."ohhh i thought it was my buddies.!

DOMIN8R
05-15-2009, 08:58 PM
Threads like this depress me.

FluSH
05-15-2009, 09:05 PM
I gave my bro $12 for a Large Beer... he came back with a Medium and NO change!!!!

werewolf is my witness

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-15-2009, 09:07 PM
I gave my bro $12 for a Large Beer... he came back with a Medium and NO change!!!!

werewolf is my witness

nice......i pull that on my bro all the time!:D:drinking:

Torcida
05-15-2009, 09:10 PM
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

You should have kept your scarf on you after the first time he tried to steal it.

MrHawk
05-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Stuff gets stolen everywhere.

Nothing new here.

Dave67
05-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, but common sense prevails.... hold onto anything you care about in a public setting.

That's it. I'm never putting my beer down again :)

Dirk Diggler
05-15-2009, 09:21 PM
"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

You should have kept your scarf on you after the first time he tried to steal it.

Yea ... put the scarf to its intended use. Even on the hottest summer days, I find that just casually putting the scarf around the neck does not really make it unbearable.

edmundo
05-15-2009, 10:16 PM

haha to be honest man i was so into the game and cheering on the team that my brain wasnt able to clue in and say HEY WAIT A MINUTE, HE MIGHT OF BEEN TRYING TO STEAL THAT! and plus id of never thought people would be low enough to steal a scarf from another fan, so i thought nothing of it, if it were my wallet however id be reaching for the first sharp object i could of gotten my hands on lol

edmundo
05-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Threads like this depress me.
no no no, this thread is not here to depress anyone, but simply to remind us to get back to the basics in terms of being aware of our surroundings and personal belongings while at the stadium, things that people can sometimes forget about when they become too comfortable in a particular environment, such as at the stadium cheering on the team

Shep
05-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Traveling to europe alone a fair bit and always in hostels, I've developed a healthy paranoia, but I'm a bit dark too in that after that first attempt I probably would have been pissed enough to actually set him up for the second grab, then lay him out. I'd have missed the match, etc.. but it still would have happened.

Scarf stealing isn't serious, but it is, it's the principle, that's my flag you are stealing - protect your neck.

I don't think I'll ever get the chance though, if it's not on my neck it's wrapped around my waist.

On the note that he might be a scalper - should be easy to find him again at some point, but only if it means that much to you.

Suds
05-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Scarf stealing isn't serious, but it is, it's the principle, that's my flag you are stealing - protect your neck.

yep ... it is the principle for sure .. thieves often take advantage of your trust to get what they want ... and when they steal from you they take more than something physical .... that is why they are scum!!

KdotOdot
05-16-2009, 01:09 AM
HAHAHHAHAHAHAA

best Chris Tucker voice..YOU GOT JACKED MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!

onemanbarmyarmy
05-16-2009, 01:20 AM

Yeah you Misunderestimated that guys Axis of Evil!