PDA

View Full Version : Have we permanently damaged Chicago's reputation

TorontoBlades
05-14-2009, 09:34 PM
I mean it would piss me off if it was my team that was getting showered on by thousands of seat cushions on national TV....and replayed again and again on a date remembered by everyone on this board....they must still hate to be to be known as 'that' team...and now the crowds are getting smaller and smaller, and Blanco doesn't want to play there anymore

No one wants to hang with the Fire any more, please discuss? :scarf::drum:

T_Mizz
05-14-2009, 09:39 PM
what day was this? I can't figure out why I know the specific minute of the game but not the day, weird.

Kevvv
05-14-2009, 09:39 PM
we invented t-shirts

InTheCrowd
05-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Isn't it May 12th? Anyway I don't think that the celebration that one game resulted in everything that's happened to the Fire. But they're still in good condition, they've got McBride on their front line.

TorontoBlades
05-14-2009, 09:41 PM
...it's still embarassing ;)

Kevvv
05-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Their attendance this year is embarrassing. Sad really, Columbus has better numbers but a smaller population base to draw from.

ensco
05-15-2009, 06:37 AM
Chicago and Dallas very worrying situations. A lot of capital was spent in those cities, but their stadiums are too far from the central core.

Technorgasm
05-15-2009, 09:03 AM
http://content.imagesocket.com/images/pissoutthefire665.gif

Fort York Redcoat
05-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Tragic. This is a team I love to hate more than any other. Blanco. A player who loves being the villian. The MacBride debacle. Hometown hero returns, we got shafted on that trade at the time and look how it turned out. Sure Barrett has been inconsistent but where are we in the table? Where are they?

Seriously, BOTH teams got a hometown hero this year. Look how Chicago has responded.

I can't wait for the Chicago trip.

Canadian Blue
05-15-2009, 01:05 PM
I didn't even remember who we played that day.....so I would say no we haven't damaged their reputation since in all reality besides TFC fans now one cares or remembers

james
05-15-2009, 04:48 PM
to many stadiums were built to far outside of the actual city. I herd Chicago fire stadium is like 40 minutes away from Chicago. What a mistake that was, they should of built it in the actual city of Chicago, i bet they would get sell outs all the time if they had done!

james
05-15-2009, 04:50 PM
any why does Blanco not wanna play in Chicago any more??? other then the obvious that everyone there is a douchebag:D

Roogsy
05-15-2009, 04:50 PM
I would love to see Barrett bury one against his old team. Just to bury the dagger a little bit deeper.

Jeffro
05-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Tragic. This is a team I love to hate more than any other. Blanco. A player who loves being the villian. The MacBride debacle. Hometown hero returns, we got shafted on that trade at the time and look how it turned out. Sure Barrett has been inconsistent but where are we in the table? Where are they?

Seriously, BOTH teams got a hometown hero this year. Look how Chicago has responded.

Um.... Chicago is one point behind us with a game in hand, and they are undefeated.

Blazer
05-15-2009, 06:48 PM
When that video is shown, the vast majority of those watching are less interested in the team we played that day, and more infatuated with the shear electricity that was tapped into.

Chicago is a critical market to MLS, and although I hope we whoop ‘em every time, we need them as a viable franchise if we want long term sustainability for MLS and ultimately TFC. Simple as that really.

onemanbarmyarmy
05-16-2009, 01:28 AM
Yeah I heard the whole economic downturn is blamed on how bad the entire city of Chicago feel following those events. It also made Jesus cry and caused Swine Flu.

Calvin
05-16-2009, 02:50 AM
we invented t-shirts

hahaha

did anyone ever figure out how thats a diss?

ilikemusic
05-16-2009, 04:25 AM
Rep....u...tation?

We are talking about an American MLS franchise right?

Pachuco
05-16-2009, 11:11 AM

Ammm...they are 1 point behind us AND they have a game in hand. I don't understand what you are implying.