PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Barrett for Goal of the Week!

sidney
05-14-2009, 08:51 PM
you lads will know the right weblinks (e.g., fox, honour roll, etc) to help out/provide below I hope. But his goal, as JJ would say, was "DYNOMITE!!!" and deserves to be on may "best of" lists.

Redpunkfiddle
05-14-2009, 09:23 PM
? Great strike but...

It wasn't an MLS game. Sorry.

Vote for DeRo.

Brooker
05-15-2009, 12:16 AM
the goal was amazing. i was in 112 so i couldnt really tell how great it was until i got home and watched the replay.

"Brilliant!"

sidney
05-15-2009, 04:49 AM
doesn't need to be an mls goal of the week...for fox anyway

sidvan
05-15-2009, 05:16 AM
DeRo already lost out according to MLS site

http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/goal_of_the_week/

Steve
05-15-2009, 08:20 AM
DeRo already lost out according to MLS site

http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/goal_of_the_week/

It means nothing. DC has decided to run scripts to win them (ok, not DC as a whole, but some DC fans). Did TFC do it first? Who knows (though it does seem likely people were doing it in our first season). Is TFC doing it now? Unlikely (if you look at the progression of votes, we usually get a bunch when a thread is posted, rocket up, then fall off in time, which leads me to believe it is just people voting once, but a lot of people). I think that Toronto fans tried to rig every vote we could to our players in our first year, then most realised that was stupid (since it should be about the best goal, not your own team goal) and stopped doing it. Unfortunately, we seem to have created a monster, as now teams like DC are doing what we did. Can't complain I guess, but it does make the entire voting process count for nothing is someone with a script can affect the process so much.

ExiledRed
05-15-2009, 12:53 PM
It means nothing. DC has decided to run scripts to win them (ok, not DC as a whole, but some DC fans). Did TFC do it first? Who knows (though it does seem likely people were doing it in our first season). Is TFC doing it now? Unlikely (if you look at the progression of votes, we usually get a bunch when a thread is posted, rocket up, then fall off in time, which leads me to believe it is just people voting once, but a lot of people). I think that Toronto fans tried to rig every vote we could to our players in our first year, then most realised that was stupid (since it should be about the best goal, not your own team goal) and stopped doing it. Unfortunately, we seem to have created a monster, as now teams like DC are doing what we did. Can't complain I guess, but it does make the entire voting process count for nothing is someone with a script can affect the process so much.

It's true, and for a whole day, I couldnt get the replay of DeRo's goal on the gotw site, while I could get all the others.

Too fishy for me.

Dbl_D
05-15-2009, 01:16 PM
Proves now that the GOTW means nothing... since the DC goal was the worse of the bunch...