PDA

View Full Version : EXCELLENT day of football!

Corpand
05-31-2008, 11:26 PM
Not only do we win and get 3 points, but Energy Drink (positioned under us in the table) lost to Houston and Craplumbus (located above us in the table) got whooped by Chivas.

Life is good. :canada:

colman1860
05-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Furthermore, Canada played and excellent game against Brazil and lost 3-2, while a draw would have been deserved.

Keyman
05-31-2008, 11:43 PM
We should probably put an (R) on this thread, seeing as some people have not seen the Canada game yet.

As for other results around the league, it went as well is it possibly could have. Even San Jose lost, which is nothing but good news for our draft pick next year :D

Ageroo
05-31-2008, 11:46 PM
Furthermore, Canada played and excellent game against Brazil and lost 3-2, while a draw would have been deserved.

it should have been a draw...probably a win.....what a game!

Nodoubtguy
05-31-2008, 11:47 PM
yeah, i'm planning on watching tomorrow!!!

Ageroo
05-31-2008, 11:49 PM
yeah, i'm planning on watching tomorrow!!!

you will love it dude.....

Cas87
06-01-2008, 05:32 AM
Even San Jose lost, which is nothing but good news for our draft pick next year :D

Hate to burst a bubble, but would the pick we have from SJ be the 2nd overall? Because we have another expansion side coming into the league (seattle)

JonO
06-01-2008, 07:32 AM
Hate to burst a bubble, but would the pick we have from SJ be the 2nd overall? Because we have another expansion side coming into the league (seattle)
San Jose still have to finish last for that to happen, so yes - a loss is good news for us.

tfc_4_ever
06-01-2008, 09:20 AM
It was a beautifal day indeed

Cas87
06-01-2008, 03:42 PM
San Jose still have to finish last for that to happen, so yes - a loss is good news for us.

I think it is pretty concrete that SJ will finish last. But, then again the Fire won the MLS Cup in their first season.

professor
06-01-2008, 06:56 PM
We should probably put an (R) on this thread, seeing as some people have not seen the Canada game yet.

As for other results around the league, it went as well is it possibly could have. Even San Jose lost, which is nothing but good news for our draft pick next year :D

hate to burst your bubble, but the Guevera deal with Chivas might have an impact on when TFC makes their round 1 selection in next year's draft

I'm hearing different versions, if TFC make the playoffs, if both make the playoffs, if neither makes the playoffs, regardless
Chivas has an option on 1 of TFC's 1st round picks:

If Chivas finishes lower than TFC, they get the higher of TFC's 2 first round picks;
If Chivas finishes higher than TFC and go further in the playoffs, no option;
If Chivas finishes higher than TFC but TFC go further in the playoffs Chivas gets the lower of the 2 picks; and other sorts of combos

Keyman
06-01-2008, 06:59 PM
hate to burst your bubble, but the Guevera deal with Chivas might have an impact on when TFC makes their round 1 selection in next year's draft

I'm hearing different versions, if TFC make the playoffs, if both make the playoffs, if neither makes the playoffs, regardless
Chivas has an option on 1 of TFC's 1st round picks:

If Chivas finishes lower than TFC, they get the higher of TFC's 2 first round picks;
If Chivas finishes higher than TFC and go further in the playoffs, no option;
If Chivas finishes higher than TFC but TFC go further in the playoffs Chivas gets the lower of the 2 picks; and other sorts of combos

Wow that's completely different than the story I was told. Very interesting, thanks for letting me know. I was led to believe that it was a 3rd and 4th round draft pick, no matter what.

rocker
06-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow that's completely different than the story I was told. Very interesting, thanks for letting me know. I was led to believe that it was a 3rd and 4th round draft pick, no matter what.

ya, that's certainly what Paul Beirne said on the old board.
i guess we'll find out for sure at the next superdraft :)

Kooper
06-01-2008, 07:32 PM
It was a good day. Sadly I was out of town and missed being at the game. I had a good time with the Bytown Chapter of the RPB.