PDA

View Full Version : Officially no standing in 120

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 11:07 AM
So
about 10-15 guys got "re-located" during half time of last nights game.

Where? I dont know, i refused to leave.

Security was rude and treated everyone like hooligans. Security was really ready for a fight.

Everyone was peaceful, but I said it before and I'll say it again.

WE ARE NOT RESPSONSIBLE FOR THE 50 OTHER PEOPLE BEHIND US STANDING.

Having 3 rows of our seciton removed did NOTHING. In the last 20 minutes, our section stood the entire time once again (minus the 3 empty rows)

My rep is getting an ear full.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Security quote

"if you dont come talk to us upstairs, you will be arrested under the trespassing law"

Really? your going to waste my time and tax money, go to court, and tell the judge you arrested 15 guys because they were standing in a sitting area?

rocker
05-14-2009, 11:10 AM
don't break the rules.

it's like when a cop stops you for rolling a stop sign. you should just take the penalty and stop whining. just because everyone else rolls the stop sign doesnt make it his fault.

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 11:16 AM
are you going to arrest someone for a rolling stop?

And why now?

3 years we've been standing. With nothing ever mentioned

We keep those tickets b/c its a middle point b/w hardcore supporters and snoozville middles

So when can you stand?

at exciting points in time?
I find corners exciting and mid field play exciting, can I stand for that?

I see all the rules below beeing broken, and no one gets hassled for that.
And one rule we get hassled for, is no where to be seen

Code of Conduct

Smoking inside the stadium
Standing on chairs/seats
Sitting or standing in the aisles
Entering a seating area without the correct ticket
Entering or attempting to enter restricted areas without proper authorization or credentials
Drunk and/or disorderly conduct
Fighting or challenging others to fight
Wearing clothing deemed to be offensive, obscene or indecent
Throwing, tossing, or discharging any object within the facility
Using profanity and/or other offensive, obscene, or abusive gestures or language toward or in reference to other fans, players, coaches, referees, performers, or staff members
Interference with the event in any way
Disturbing the enjoyment of other fans in attendance
Bringing prohibited items into the stadium
Violating BMO Field rules, regulations, or policies
Violating any local, provincial or federal laws

Fort York Redcoat
05-14-2009, 11:20 AM
I co-miserate but it's the way it is all over.

"If you want to stand go to the supporters sections"

if you can get the bloody tickets...

Sonny Cheeba
05-14-2009, 11:20 AM
somebody probably complained then. if you weren't having problems standing before and you are now. it is most likely due to a complaint.

120 isn't a "supporters section", so you shouldn't be that surprised that there's "officially" no standing.

Roogsy
05-14-2009, 11:22 AM
This has been touched on.

Just because you've done it before doesn't mean in the future you won't be asked to stop doing it.

120 is not a supporter section. Any slack you've been given to stand is exactly that, slack. Slack doesn't last forever.

If you're asked to sit down, they have every right to do so and you have little room to complain. End of story.

If you want to stand, there are sections for it.

EENIE MAN
05-14-2009, 11:26 AM
yeah dude , we went to 119 . the supporters in that sect are cool , they feel our passion and pain ; not beeing able to stand and support our team. I have been in 120 since day 1. never missed a game and love TFC. now our sect. is full of "seat fillers" , do they (BMO FO) want to take away the atmostsphere at matches? really fustrating. anyways fuck 120, and fuck the whinny bitches who complain about standing. stay at home and sit on your couches.

Roogsy
05-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Ask people if they want to switch! There are people in 119 who may want to sit and feel forced to stand to watch. Be innovative people...and stop whining.

Suds
05-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Are you sure there was no complaint to security about people standing? I'm not justifying heavy handed actions by security, but it could be they did receive a complaint. If they did they have to deal with it.

The reason I ask is that for the most part we stand on my section which is not a designated supporters section. We had someone from either guest services or security, (don't recall which), come up to us last night and ask "any complaints". Everyone said nope and that was the end of it. We stood for the entire game.

arbogast
05-14-2009, 11:32 AM
This has been touched on.

Just because you've done it before doesn't mean in the future you won't be asked to stop doing it.

120 is not a supporter section. Any slack you've been given to stand is exactly that, slack. Slack doesn't last forever.

If you're asked to sit down, they have every right to do so and you have little room to complain. End of story.

Well said. There has to be accomodation for all types of fans.

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 11:32 AM
I called the ticket rep

and apparently there are people that call WEEKLY complaining that people are standing

WOW! LAZY!

So next year, SCREW 120.

p.s I dont drink at games, I dont bring flags and I dont like the swearing since I bring kids/parents, hence I prefer our section b/c its calmer, so supporters section doesn't appeal to me. Im there to enjoy the game AND sing.

Unfortunately, they haven't come up with a mild supporters section just yet.

Suds
05-14-2009, 11:35 AM
I called the ticket rep

and apparently there are people that call WEEKLY complaining that people are standing

well, there's your answer ... don't be pissed at security for this, they are just doing their job.

hopefully next year you can relocate to an area that suits you better

MartinUtd
05-14-2009, 11:37 AM
maybe this will finally kill off the west side stand up chant

spezz44
05-14-2009, 11:43 AM
I called the ticket rep

WOW! LAZY!

So next year, SCREW 120.

p.s I dont drink at games, I dont bring flags and I dont like the swearing since I bring kids/parents, hence I prefer our section b/c its calmer, so supporters section doesn't appeal to me. Im there to enjoy the game AND sing.

Unfortunately, they haven't come up with a mild supporters section just yet.

I dont get what is lazy about this? My father inlaw sits in a section like this and he does so because he cant stand for 90 mins? so whats the issue here? You were told before you paid this was a sitting section?

Roogsy
05-14-2009, 11:45 AM
maybe this will finally kill off the west side stand up chant

Worst

Chant

Ever

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 11:48 AM
^ so tell him to sit in the handicap section

THEY have a section to

spark
05-14-2009, 11:50 AM
It's a good thing you didn't leave. That is security's trick to kick you out of the stadium - they do it away from your seats (like when you go to the washroom). Seriously, that threat is BS you have a ticket how the hell are you trespassing? Next time they give you that BS demand the guy's full name and the name of his superior and tell him you're going to file a complaint on his conduct. "Guest Services" are glorified mall cops. Just because you have a stupid windbreaker on doesn't mean you should be going around threatening the people who are paying your salary.

104/105 had the exact same thing - they aren't united so to speak but the vast majority of those sections prefer to stand and still do so for long stretches of the game. Guest Services can't do anything really since you are talking about hundreds of people 'breaking the rules' *GASP!!!*

It's too bad you can't all get together as one because they really can't do anything if it's the majority of your section.

Roogsy
05-14-2009, 11:55 AM
^ so tell him to sit in the handicap section

THEY have a section to

Why would he have to if his section is not a standing one? He isn't handicapped, he wants to sit. So he has seats in a sitting section. Seems logical no? That's why he bought them there just like the rest of us bought them in the standing section because we wanted to stand.

Maple Leaf Red
05-14-2009, 11:56 AM
Worst

Chant

Ever
Oh God yes. Let's just kill the people that start it.

spezz44
05-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Why would he have to if his section is not a standing one? He isn't handicapped, he wants to sit. So he has seats in a sitting section. Seems logical no? That's why he bought them there just like the rest of us bought them in the standing section because we wanted to stand.

Thanks for saying it nicely cause i wouldnt have been so nice.

Cadaren
05-14-2009, 12:07 PM
The Trasspass to Property Act lays out clearly that they have to give you a resonable amount of time to leave the area that they enforce.

If that security quote is correct and complete then them asking to talk to you upstairs is not them telling you to leave the premises, it's a request. They can't arrest you if you said that no you didn't want to talk to them upstairs. It's just like if you were walking on the street and a police officer pulled over and said "Hey come over here" you are well within your legal right to say no and keep walking, unless your of course breaking the law in someway.

Anyways, like Roogsy said if you not in an offical supporters section and security asks you to sit, it would be in your best interest to do so.

Section 110
05-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks for saying it nicely cause i wouldnt have been so nice.

Second that!

Our section is split: 1/2 standing (supporters), 1/2 sitting. We have a mix of people, young and crazy, young amd not so crazy, elderly and very young, and it's a great group of people that sing and chant along with everyone else. And as a fan of the game I want to watch it and enjoy it like everyone else, and so too do the elderly people and those that just flat out want to sit throughout the game: do those who want to stand trump those that want to sit?

If you want to stand, there are sections for that. You can't get a ticket? Too bad. Buy a ticket where you have to sit, or don't buy one at all. Pretty simple, fair, and imagine this - respectful of others. That's something we have to be careful not to lose sight of. It's not all about you: there are thousands of others whose passion for the game and for the team is not manifested in standing. Sitting does not diminish the passion one has for their team. It means a persons legs are a little older, a little more tired than someone elses. Or they might be drunk.

drewski
05-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Seriously, that threat is BS you have a ticket how the hell are you trespassing?

IIRC, your ticket says its revocable at any time. IF you've been asked to leave, your ticket has been revoked.

Pookie
05-14-2009, 12:22 PM
Second that!

Our section is split: 1/2 standing (supporters), 1/2 sitting. We have a mix of people, young and crazy, young amd not so crazy, elderly and very young, and it's a great group of people that sing and chant along with everyone else. And as a fan of the game I want to watch it and enjoy it like everyone else, and so too do the elderly people and those that just flat out want to sit throughout the game: do those who want to stand trump those that want to sit?

If you want to stand, there are sections for that. You can't get a ticket? Too bad. Buy a ticket where you have to sit, or don't buy one at all. Pretty simple, fair, and imagine this - respectful of others. That's something we have to be careful not to lose sight of. It's not all about you: there are thousands of others whose passion for the game and for the team is not manifested in standing. Sitting does not diminish the passion one has for their team. It means a persons legs are a little older, a little more tired than someone elses. Or they might be drunk.

^ what he said. I love the 1-1-oh... the ooooooooone-one-ooooooh.... la la la la la la la la la.....

Pretty indignant to come into a sitting section expecting to change the rules. Imagine if a "sitter" came into a standing section and asked everyone to sit?

bee dubya
05-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Worst

Chant

Ever

I refuse to get up now. I'm so sick of that useless chant. Do the people who start it have nothing better to do? Why don't you chant for the team instead of trying to get other people to stand up. These are probably the same type of people that would start "the wave"...

spezz44
05-14-2009, 12:25 PM
I just think their is a time and place for everything, i mean when i go i stand in the supporters section its great. When i go and sit in the sitting area their are times to stand and times to sit. Maybe oneday everyone will stand and it would be great but thats not how it is right now.

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Ask people if they want to switch! There are people in 119 who may want to sit and feel forced to stand to watch. Be innovative people...and stop whining.

What else is new Ronaldo whining .......... LOL

Fort York Redcoat
05-14-2009, 12:29 PM
This argument is revisited, what, every week?

FACT- you sitters have the rights
FACT- there are more people that want to stand than can fit in the supporters section.
FACT- both areas can be considered passionate supporters

FACT- standing and jumping is more active and looks more passionate.

anything else?

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 01:19 PM
didn't mean to offend anyone with the sitting in the handicapped section, but you said he cant stand the whole game, so I just assumed with the inability to stand that he had a handicap.

My dad has a bad knee, you cant tell that he's handicapped, but he still gets the handicap sticker and they allow us to sit in the handicap area.

my apologies

I'm just going to petition my little heart out until that section changes.

P.S Im not blocking anyones view, everyone behind us was standing aswell.

I was just angry at the fact that I was threatened to get arrested for standing at an exciting soccer game

prizby
05-14-2009, 01:25 PM

That is complete utter nonsense, if they told me that, I would say, well provide with a way to get tickets into a section where I can stand...which TFC cannot offer

Pookie
05-14-2009, 01:31 PM
^ I just bought an extra pair seats on the exchange for New England in the upper part of Sec 110 which is a standing section.

Apparently, they can offer you a way to get tickets into a section where you can stand.

denime
05-14-2009, 01:38 PM
I have no problem with no standing in 120 it is not supporters section to begin with and secondly you guys always start that retarded chant "west end stand up" that's why "you don't deserve butter" :hide:

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 01:44 PM
we dont start that stupid chant

the south west side does. (118?)

we actually retaliated with chanting a south side wake up chant to that section.

Its a big scalpers section

Darlofletch
05-14-2009, 01:46 PM
That is complete utter nonsense, if they told me that, I would say, well provide with a way to get tickets into a section where I can stand...which TFC cannot offer

beer garden.

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 01:49 PM
^ terrace in the beer garden would solve my problems

nfitz
05-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Why would he have to if his section is not a standing one? He isn't handicapped, he wants to sit. So he has seats in a sitting section. Seems logical no? That's why he bought them there just like the rest of us bought them in the standing section because we wanted to stand.Roogsy I agree with you ... but here's a thought.

If one is in the sitting section, because one can't stand for long ... and they entire section stands up anytime something happens (as 104/105 seems to) - doesn't that mean that one then misses all the best bits of the game?

Sigh, an odd issue ... frankly, the constant up and down in the sitting sections is very annoying. I'd prefer to stand the entire game; but if I'm sitting, the constant up an down - it's like being in Church!

Pookie
05-14-2009, 02:14 PM
If one is in the sitting section, because one can't stand for long ... and they entire section stands up anytime something happens (as 104/105 seems to) - doesn't that mean that one then misses all the best bits of the game?

Yes, as they do at any sporting event.

I think the point is that people can stand for certain plays as the action dictates but that a good number of people would prefer (or need) to sit for the bulk of the game.

I am thoroughly curious to those that complain about their seats being sitting ones... have you ever actually tried to trade your seats?

Have you used the exchange or ticket trader here? Have you offered to change your seats with someone in another section?

Would you buy a partial pack that was in a standing section (many were offered in 111 and the upper part of 110) to supplement your other seats?

Or do you just bitch about it?

leroy
05-14-2009, 02:26 PM
I'm just going to petition my little heart out until that section changes.

i'm with ya man. im right behind you and last night's game was very frustrating. we need to do something, but in the right way. arguing with the stewards for 15 minutes won't help us - they're just doing what they're told to do.

apparently the people complaining are new to 120 this year - they had been relocated from a standing section to a sitting section by request so i can see why they're upset at us standing.

on the other hand, we've been standing for 3 years without problem, now all of a sudden we're 'trouble makers' and our game day experience is negatively affected.

let's get our group together - maybe talk at halftime of the CHI game to come up with a civilized plan of attack.

:scarf:

"THE PAGE"
05-14-2009, 02:31 PM
i dont understand why people need to sit? For baseball i understand but for futbol , its so fast-paced and high octane you instinctively get up a 30-40 times a game. If you cant stand for 2 45 minute halves then you are not a healthy individual, specially after sitting in the bus or in your car, after sitting at your desk jobs. This is why us overweight north americans are the jokes of the world.

Pookie
05-14-2009, 02:38 PM
i dont understand why people need to sit? For baseball i understand but for futbol , its so fast-paced and high octane you instinctively get up a 30-40 times a game. If you cant stand for 2 45 minute halves then you are not a healthy individual, specially after sitting in the bus or in your car, after sitting at your desk jobs. This is why us overweight north americans are the jokes of the world.

Healthy or not... they built the place with seats because for the most part, people sit. People even bring seats to kid's soccer games.

This is Liverpool vs Man United.

Note the number of people who are enjoying the match from a sitting position.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UKgbVKy14gk/SbvmJnmyf-I/AAAAAAAAGmM/SbOIztIsKMs/s400/epl-manu-v-liverpool-6.jpg

Fort York Redcoat
05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Yes, as they do at any sporting event.

I think the point is that people can stand for certain plays as the action dictates but that a good number of people would prefer (or need) to sit for the bulk of the game.

I am thoroughly curious to those that complain about their seats being sitting ones... have you ever actually tried to trade your seats?

Have you used the exchange or ticket trader here? Have you offered to change your seats with someone in another section?

Would you buy a partial pack that was in a standing section (many were offered in 111 and the upper part of 110) to supplement your other seats?

You found a pair in the standing section and now everyone should be able to? Consider yourself lucky.

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
^ also note that their field of vision is much clearer.

we sit in the corner, if your not standing, your missing 1/3 of the game

LEROY, WE NEED TO PETITION

All requests to have that section changed can be sent:

Sales Rep :
Laura

Email:
lmagee@torontofc.ca

eustacchio
05-14-2009, 02:44 PM
I find them all the time.

Super
05-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Healthy or not... they built the place with seats because for the most part, people sit. People even bring seats to kid's soccer games.

They're not allowed to stand - period. It's not that they don't want to stand.

I find sitting at a football game as unnatural as sitting down at a rock concert. But I guess people want to feel as if they're on their couch at home, munching on potato chips, while watching the game. Lazy bastards!

nascarguy
05-14-2009, 02:45 PM
I have no problem with no standing in 120 it is not supporters section to begin with and secondly you guys always start that retarded chant "west end stand up" that's why "you don't deserve butter" :hide:
you need to get your info from the right people before you start to post it was the southend that came up with that retarded chant in the 1st season

KRO
05-14-2009, 02:50 PM

This seems to be an endless debate. I stood on the 'terraces' in England for 10 years in the days when standing was the norm. I have also stood in the south stand at BMO field many times in the last two years.
However, my wife and I are both the wrong side of 50 and prefer to sit, which is why we have season tickets in 108. We are quite capable of standing for a whole game and did so when we went to Columbus in March. We sing, clap, stamp our feet and stand up for goals and other exciting moments. We try to educate the tourists that sit around us on the finer points of the game. We are quite healthy thank you and not overweight.
We choose to sit and I'm sure we enjoy the game as much as you do. However, our game experience is enhanced by all you guys who prefer to stand and make a lot of noise.
I understand where you guys are coming from because I've been there. Please try and understand where we are coming from. It could be you in a few years.

Section 110
05-14-2009, 02:52 PM

Hockey is far more fast-paced than futbol - people sit all game. If we weren't meant to sit, there wouldn't be seats. Consider concerts: depending on the type of band you're seeing there might be seats, there might only be a floor to form a mosh pit. But bands tend to attract a specific crowd. Futbol attracts a cross-section of society and so the venue has to accomodate everyone, as do the fans. We accomodate each other because it's about all of us enjoying ourselves not just those that deem themselves greater fans than others. That's what makes BMO Field great and our team great, lest we forget: Our city is rich with diversity - let's try and remember that that same diversity spells itself out in different ways like the way we each choose to enjoy the game. One way is not better than the other; it can't be.

Section 110
05-14-2009, 02:53 PM
KRO hit the nail on the head - the debate should end here!!!!!

leroy
05-14-2009, 02:58 PM
This seems to be an endless debate. I stood on the 'terraces' in England for 10 years in the days when standing was the norm. I have also stood in the south stand at BMO field many times in the last two years.
However, my wife and I are both the wrong side of 50 and prefer to sit, which is why we have season tickets in 108. We are quite capable of standing for a whole game and did so when we went to Columbus in March. We sing, clap, stamp our feet and stand up for goals and other exciting moments. We try to educate the tourists that sit around us on the finer points of the game. We are quite healthy thank you and not overweight.
We choose to sit and I'm sure we enjoy the game as much as you do. However, our game experience is enhanced by all you guys who prefer to stand and make a lot of noise.
I understand where you guys are coming from because I've been there. Please try and understand where we are coming from. It could be you in a few years.

i think this is a key point. we're not standing to cause a fuss, we just love to sing, chant, and help make BMO the intimidating fortress it could / should be.

here's an interesting article in the wall street journal last week on american sports vs. european sports and why 'we' sit:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124147578109184945.html

tfcmanu
05-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Hey Guys,
Three of us in the second row of 120 were standing and at half time the securuty wanted to talk to us because we were standing, However there also was alot of fans behind me standing and security decided to point us out like we were the ones telling everybody to stand, anyways they relocated us to Red Rogers Section (THE PENALTY BOX FOR HOOLIGANS LOL!) next to the NEE, by the way those guys were bringing it in full voice about 10min later we moved to Sec 110 so the night worked out well to be quite honest with you I'm in the 18row in sec 120 and got invited to sit in the 2nd row because two of my friends were no shows, I believe in time 120 & 104 will be supporters section. :flare:

Pookie
05-14-2009, 03:00 PM
You found a pair in the standing section and now everyone should be able to? Consider yourself lucky.

Actually, I bought my regular tickets in 110 for sole purpose of standing as that was my preference. Most of the guys around me are there on a partial pack and were near the end of the gold list. Meaning if you were willing to stomach Marlies' tickets, there was a good chance you could have been in a standing section.

Last year, we sold off tickets in 222 through the exchange and managed to find standing tickets for quite a few games last year. As the summer wore on, or we wanted to bring the kids and find some shade, we generally could find seats in 121 fairly easily.

The point is, you can move around if you are willing to look for ways to do it.

These tickets that I just purchased were an extra pair which we routinely purchase for friends in sections of their choice. While there are no guarantees that you'll be in a specific section or row ... there are generally quite a few tickets available in the supporters sections on the days leading up to a match.

The issue is that they go quickly so you have to check frequently.

Fort York Redcoat
05-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Alright Pookie I'm glad you're putting the message out there as to where to look but not everyone that would like to be in the section has the resources, tickets to trade. The point from the other side, which you well know, is that it could be a far better scenario if these standers could get seasons and get out of your way permanently. Speaking as someone who's been all over the stadium I'd love to point to my seat and say that's mine(feel free to stand in front of it but make room for me beside you)

spark
05-14-2009, 03:13 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UKgbVKy14gk/SbvmJnmyf-I/AAAAAAAAGmM/SbOIztIsKMs/s400/epl-manu-v-liverpool-6.jpg

I wouldn't be standing up if my team was getting whooped 4-1

Fort York Redcoat
05-14-2009, 03:15 PM
I wouldn't be standing up if my team was getting whooped 4-1

You really want to start that from where you're sitting in the table?

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 03:15 PM
^ thats still not the solution for a section that started as a standing section.

I understand if it was 1 or 2 people, but its literally half the section. Which means that they plopped sitters in a section that WANTS to stand.

Thats a terrible idea, and right beside 119, a supporters section?

Get the sitters to the middle of the park, where EVERYONE sits, not just half of them

anywho

here is what i sent to
Laura at lmagee@torontofc.ca

Dear Laura,

It is my understanding that section 120 has been changed into a sitting only section in 2009.

I am also aware that a letter was sent stating this.

Although I do not agree with changing sections after three years of continued attendance and dedication to Toronto FC, I understand that I must play by MLSE rules.

Thus, to avoid further weekly conflict with BMO Field security, I would like to formally petition to have this section converted into a standing section.

It does not need to be a supporters section with flags and drums, just a standing section.Therefore, I and fellow fans in 120 can enjoy the game in good view while at the same time being engaged, through standing & singing.

AL-MO
05-14-2009, 03:17 PM
You should have just come to 112 and switched with the two guys in row 2 that didn't lift a hand all game.

AL-MO
05-14-2009, 03:18 PM
BTW - her name is Laura, not Lisa. :D

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 03:20 PM
^ tahts not gonna help my case is it?

lol

phewww, i just checked. And i emailed it correctly

just posted on here it incorrectly

prizby
05-14-2009, 03:22 PM
^ I just bought an extra pair seats on the exchange for New England in the upper part of Sec 110 which is a standing section.

Apparently, they can offer you a way to get tickets into a section where you can stand.

beer garden.

if you know a way of getting tickets other than buying off scalpers/ticket stub etc (where you can stand up the whole match), where you DON'T pay out of your a$$ (and since ticketmaster has no tickets, i've checked everygame), please let me know...and don't tell me you need to know someone who works for TFC either.

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 03:23 PM
Al-Mo

get their info and I'll switch with bells on

spark
05-14-2009, 03:23 PM
You really want to start that from where you're sitting in the table?

Huh? I'm not making a comment about any table, simply pointing out from that pic who's going to be standing when the home team is getting mashed.

spezz44
05-14-2009, 03:24 PM
if you know a way of getting tickets other than buying off scalpers/ticket stub etc (where you can stand up the whole match), where you DON'T pay out of your a$$ (and since ticketmaster has no tickets, i've checked everygame), please let me know...and don't tell me you need to know someone who works for TFC either.
check ticket trader just saw giambac has two games in the supporters section for sale

AL-MO
05-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Al-Mo

get their info and I'll switch with bells on

I should have put a smiley in my post as it was half joking.

I think they had never been in the section before.(so not actual 112 STHs) They didn't clap, they didn't sing, they didn't jump. And one dude was even wearing an RPB hat. I was close to tapping them on the shoulder and having a 'word'.

brad
05-14-2009, 03:34 PM

A number of us in 105 are taking it up with both BMO field and our ticket reps. I would encourage anyone else having a problem do the same.

Bitching about it on message boards will accomplish nothing (other than blowing off steam).

There are solutions that can accommodate everyone (such as allowing standing at the back and sitting at the front).

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Brad

who did you or are you contacting?

brad
05-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Brad

who did you or are you contacting?

Laura Magee (it is Laura, not Lisa). Interestingly enough, she emailed and called me (within 5 minutes) to ask me how I was enjoying my game day experience yesterday afternoon. I haven't had a chance to get back to her yet.

I was also given the card for Shannon Hyatt - "Coordinator of Fan Services Richoh Coliseum & BMO Field" from guest services at BMO last night. Her number is 416-263-3512 email is shyatt@mapleleafsports.com

An interesting, unrelated note - did you folks know that tattle texting is actually in place at BMO this year?

Pookie
05-14-2009, 03:46 PM
^ that's a very proactive and professional approach.

I think you are far more likely to be able to find solutions which could appeal to a greater number of people. Perhaps the FO would entertain a mid-season relocation for those who aren't happy with either case.

If they get complaints from people who would rather sit and complaints from people who would rather stand, perhaps they could engineer an exchange of tickets assuming the logistics and prices worked out.

You might also be able to lobby for more standing sections or ensure that whatever happens with expansion, there is a provision to provide you with the game day experience you want. Obviously, they introduced new supporters sections this year based on constructive comments.

Tussling with security isn't as proactive.

nfitz
05-14-2009, 03:54 PM
we sit in the corner, if your not standing, your missing 1/3 of the game... though that's when the entire section stands up - so there's no worry there ...

I think you can be in pretty good health, and not want to stand for 90-minutes! What about someone with arthritis - it's not normally a question of health for them - simply pain.

As for those who point out the people behind them are standing. Well duhh ... often they are standing, because they can't see the game with you in the way! So they could be both standing, and complaining!

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 04:02 PM
^ that just it, our section often doesnt even stand at exciting times

i.e corner kicks, free kicks, or any play that fall out of our line of site when your sitting.

One day MLSE will screw a supporters section over (lets say no flags) and then you'll understand

EENIE MAN
05-14-2009, 06:00 PM
i just posted my tix for trade to anyone in 119 that wants to sit. so sick of fighting.

Waggy
05-14-2009, 06:18 PM
I sat in 120 for the Vancouver game, security came and talked to me, my buddy and the other guys around us twice to tell us to sit down. We just talked to them calmly, they talked about it for a bit and decided to leave us be. Treat them with respect and you get respect. We simply explained calmly that we liked to stand, and turned around and asked everyone behind us if we were disrupting them, they all said they prefered to stand, problem solved. Otherwise, I mean its their rules right? You know going in to 120 you arent going to the south end. Granted by the end of the game I was drunk, swearing like a sailor and singing full voice, but thats neither here nor therre haha

mlsintoronto
05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
A detail that seems to get overlooked each time we see this discussion is that the decision to add 3 sections to the "supporters" designation was made and communicated as part of the renewal process in season last year. Those who were paying attention said "oh. I like to stand...perhaps I should move to a standing section.". At the conclusion of the relocation nobody who wanted standing was turned away. Everyone who asked was accomodated. And hundreds moved into, and out of, the standing/no standing sections. If you didn't move, what were you thinking?

brad
05-14-2009, 07:17 PM
Because goddamit, this is the RPB forum and if we don't have anything to bitch about then there is no point in being on this message board! Are you saying you expected me to take some initiative Paul? How dare you suggest I would take some repsonsibility! This is just another example of of how MLSE is out to screw everyone out of everything. Security trying to enforce the rules, alternatives being suggested to try and provide some compromise.....pish, thats almost as crazy as the police trying to enforce laws!!! Paul, what you said is just crazy! :rolleyes:

Thats been the rule since day one, but it was never enforced. What has caught most people off guard that this year they've decided to start.

Plus, they are only selectively enforcing rules.

EENIE MAN
05-14-2009, 07:41 PM
A detail that seems to get overlooked each time we see this discussion is that the decision to add 3 sections to the "supporters" designation was made and communicated as part of the renewal process in season last year. Those who were paying attention said "oh. I like to stand...perhaps I should move to a standing section.". At the conclusion of the relocation nobody who wanted standing was turned away. Everyone who asked was accomodated. And hundreds moved into, and out of, the standing/no standing sections. If you didn't move, what were you thinking?

Personal what I "thought" was that since day one the majority of 120 has been standing and cheering for the last 2 seasons and that we would continue our passionate supporting ways this year. If the majority of supporters are standing then who would bitch about it?
Now FO has stuffed a bunch of "seat fillers , part time fans" , who play on thier phones and look at the south in awe.
Not once have I seen the same face twice around me this season.
A lady last year stood behind me and said "Alright! We get to stand in this section". I turned around and smilled. Towards the end of the game she was singing and cheering like a true supporter should. Please come back to 120 , we need more supporters like you.
STAND AND CHEER OR SIT DOWN AND STFU!

Carter
05-14-2009, 07:45 PM
:deadhorse:

brad
05-14-2009, 07:49 PM
:deadhorse:

For those that don't have to deal with this, yes. For those that do, it's not.

Carter
05-14-2009, 07:56 PM
For those that don't have to deal with this, yes. For those that do, it's not.

Ya, but your seats are not in a standing section. No reason to bitch about it, its a NON-Supporters Section, nothing is going to change that.

WaitingListSuck
05-14-2009, 07:57 PM
ya i was sitting in 119 :D row 18 we could stand but at 1/2 time when i went to get a pizza i saw the security talking to about 3 or 4 guys and righting down notes there a bunch of ass holes

people should be able to throw things and stand it adds to teh soccer admospire that were trying to target just like in europe

i think the securety should just cool off a little bit

EENIE MAN
05-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Ya, but your seats are not in a standing section. No reason to bitch about it, its a NON-Supporters Section, nothing is going to change that.

Withall due respect sir,:scarf:
It's a " NON-STANDING" sect. The majority of us are true "SUPPORTER'S".
And we WILL "Change that"

iansmcl
05-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Maybe the people who want to stand in the section can arrange with the people who want to sit to switch seats so the standers are in the back and the sitters are in the front? At least temporarily until a 'proper' solution is arrived at?

Lennon
05-14-2009, 08:09 PM

Don't stop trying guys ...

Carter
05-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Withall due respect sir,:scarf:
It's a " NON-STANDING" sect. The majority of us are true "SUPPORTER'S".
And we WILL "Change that"

So what you're telling me is that because i sit down in my section im not a "true supporter"?

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 08:14 PM
I game to the board hoping for some support

We are not just bitching, we are looking for advice, which I got and followed through on.

Now that paul has let us know that he knows this is going on, hopefully he will take into consideration to set up his "sitters section" somewhere else.

within the week TFC was announced, I purchased Season tickets. I helped built the damn thing with PCL. I think we deserve more than being told to sit down like puppies

I dont like the concession service, so I dont buy food nor beer. but I cant just not show up, I already paid for this.

EENIE MAN
05-14-2009, 08:14 PM
So what you're telling me is that because i sit down in my section im not a "true supporter"?

Not at all my fellow supporter.
The wording of "Non supporters" section is what I was addressing.

mlsintoronto
05-14-2009, 08:28 PM
What would u have me tell the people who moved out of a standing section into a sitting section? Of course we're enforcing!

Carter
05-14-2009, 08:33 PM
NEW SUPPORTERS SECTIONS FOR 2009

Without a doubt, our fans are the most passionate in the league, and we can't tell you how proud we are of that. To build upon the energy created by our fans, we've decided to add more designated Supporters Sections at BMO Field. Sections 111, 119, 127, as well as the top half of Section 110 will join Sections 112 through 118 as 'Supporters Sections'. In these areas, Seat Holders will be permitted to stand throughout matches, as well as use pre-approved flags, banners and drums. For those who would like to sit in these sections, it's important to understand that their view may be obstructed during the match because of this new policy.
While we're excited about the increased spirit that the expansion of the Supporters Sections will bring, we want to continue to ensure that BMO Field remains a place that can be enjoyed by all fans. We realize that the passionate expression of fan supporter found in the Supporters Sections may not appeal to everyone. If it's not for you - don't worry. There are plenty of other areas in the stadium where a more traditional approach to viewing a match is both welcomed and expected, including our Family Section in 227 if you have young children.
If you end up in one of these newly designated Supporters Sections, make us proud! As a reminder, in addition to the rules that are in place in the BMO Field Code of Conduct, all flags, banners and drums require permission from the Toronto FC Front Office before they can be used on match days, and they can't be brought into the stadium through the gates.
If you have any questions about this new policy, and how it will affect you, please call us at 416-360-GOAL (4625).
*Please note that all sections on this map that are outlined in Yellow are now designated 'Supporters Sections' - areas where standing throughout match play, as well as the use of pre-approved Supporters flags, banners and drums are now permitted. For all other areas of the Stadium, prolonged standing during match play, and the use of such items is not permitted.

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 08:53 PM
^ thanks for the help but i got letter already.

Carter
05-14-2009, 08:56 PM

Then at renewal time try and get in a Standing Section.

C.Ronaldo
05-14-2009, 09:05 PM
^thats the intention if they dont change it to a standing section

Roogsy
05-14-2009, 09:17 PM
LOL! I guess C Ronaldo's cheque bounced?

AL-MO
05-14-2009, 10:02 PM
I do not have to deal with this as all of my seats are in Supporter Sections, but I feel the pain of STH's in 120.

Hopefully security can 'relax' a bit and use some judgement.

Kevvv
05-14-2009, 10:47 PM

NEW SUPPORTERS SECTIONS FOR 2009

Without a doubt, our fans are the most passionate in the league, and we can't tell you how proud we are of that. To build upon the energy created by our fans, we've decided to add more designated Supporters Sections at BMO Field. Sections 111, 119, 127, as well as the top half of Section 110 will join Sections 112 through 118 as 'Supporters Sections'. In these areas, Seat Holders will be permitted to stand throughout matches, as well as use pre-approved flags, banners and drums. For those who would like to sit in these sections, it's important to understand that their view may be obstructed during the match because of this new policy.

*Please note that all sections on this map that are outlined in Yellow are now designated 'Supporters Sections' - areas where standing throughout match play, as well as the use of pre-approved Supporters flags, banners and drums are now permitted. For all other areas of the Stadium, prolonged standing during match play, and the use of such items is not permitted.

In retrospect, maybe you should have clarified with your ticket rep.
At the end of the day, you're complaining because you didn't realise that this letter was saying that standing would no longer be allowed in any section except for 111-119 and 127. It's just as likely that someone in 119 read the letter, decided they'd prefer to sit than have to stand, and moved from 119 to 120. Now you're not happy that the FO is doing what they said.

Jack
05-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Anyway, this thread has been completely derailed, so let's steer clear of the off topic discussion.

Ladies Love Julius James
05-14-2009, 10:58 PM
Once again all I'm going to say is, why can't everyone have a wank. This place would be better :D

Jack
05-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Thread cleaned up and posts moved.

MUFC_Niagara
05-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Thread cleaned up and posts moved.

Good move, Jack. I'll PM you.

arbogast
05-15-2009, 08:18 AM

It's not nonsense, it's a fact. If you didn't get in early enough to get them, then too bad for you. You can always try to move before the season starts, maybe a pair will open up.

olegunnar
05-15-2009, 08:34 AM
LOL! I guess C Ronaldo's cheque bounced?

That's not funny and just backs up those that say bad things about RPB. Pay your money get your scarf kind of things.

The thing I find interesting, is that if you pay your money, you can be part of this fan club, I mean supporters group, even if you don't go to games, don't live in the same province or country, and even if you sit in a prawny section and sit and eat nachos. Pay your money, call yourself a supporter.

BUT

If you try and actually act like a supporter...don't look to the "supporters group" :rolleyes: for support, unless you paid money to help subsidize their pregame BBQs. I don't necessarily agree with how the OP is dealing with this situation...but from RPB members he/she is getting a big "tough shit, you snooze you lose, rules are rules" answer. How about a hey dude we like your style come crash in the south end with us, will find a way to add you to our "support" to strengthen it.

It's not my place to tell people how to act, but what concerns me is this. The RPB website is probably the most viewed TFC website. The RPB name is out there more than any other group (for various reasons). Combine that with the large groups of people new to the game looking for direction.....
and the wishy washy bluring of roles and attitudes and laissez faire do what you want crap, is creating a fanbase of drunks.

It's safe to say the south end is more a "party zone" than a "supporters section".

There are a few people busting their asses to change that, but they're swimming upstream against the strong current of BS from this site and the various FO sycophants that have alterior motives.

Carter
05-15-2009, 08:57 AM
If you try and actually act like a supporter...don't look to the "supporters group" :rolleyes: for support, unless you paid money to help subsidize their pregame BBQs.

We have non-rpb members at the tailgates every time we have them, the RPB's don't pay for the BBQ's, fact is YOU guys pay for your Tailgates, its funny because ive seen you at them, and you have kicked in a 5er here and a 5er there.

The Tailgate team Covers the tailgate, thats what the donations at the tailgate do. We don't "profit" from the tailgates. Since the start of the tailgate team it has been coming out of MEMBERS/NONMEMBERS pockets.

There are a great group of people who help SUPPORT the tailgates we do it to try and enhance gameday experience.

But what we are discussing here, is NOT the tailgate team nor RPB name itself, its the fact your seats are in a NON Standing section.

olegunnar
05-15-2009, 08:59 AM
We have non-rpb members at the tailgates every time we have them, the RPB's don't pay for the BBQ's, fact is YOU guys pay for your Tailgates, its funny because ive seen you at them, and you have kicked in a 5er here and a 5er there.

The Tailgate team Covers the tailgate, thats what the donations at the tailgate do. We don't "profit" from the tailgates. Since the start of the tailgate team it has been coming out of MEMBERS/NONMEMBERS pockets.

There are a great group of people who help SUPPORT the tailgates we do it to try and enhance gameday experience.

But what we are discussing here, is NOT the tailgate team nor RPB name itself, its the fact your seats are in a NON Standing section.

You don't know me.
I don't know you.
I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

Jack
05-15-2009, 09:05 AM
I think the upshot of this is that perhaps there needs to be another re-evaluation of the standing vs. sitting sections.

If there are large numbers of supporters who are in a section wanting to stand and they couldn't or didn't get tickets into a standing section, for whatever the reason, then maybe we need to have the team look at the situation and assess whether more standing sections are necessary.

As for olegunnar's comment, I agree with the sentiment that we should be embracing our fellow supporters rather than shooting them down. There was some exception taken to some comments that were, perhaps, out of context given that there was an ancillary discussion that derailed this thread that was moved.

Anyway, I think the good thing about this thread and this message board is that it does give an avenue for all TFC supporters, whether they are affiliated with a specific group or not, to voice their concerns and opinions and perhaps enter into dialogue with the appropriate people with the team.

I have helped "non-RPBs" before on issues with the front office and will do so again. Just because someone is not a member of our group doesn't make them any less of a supporter. If you guys in 120 are serious about this issue and want to get together as a group of season ticket holders and make a case to the team, I will be happy to help you out.

Carter
05-15-2009, 09:11 AM
You don't know me.
I don't know you.
I think you have me mixed up with someone else.

^^^
Thanks Jack. :D

olegunnar:
maybe i have then.

C.Ronaldo
05-15-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks Jack

I'll start rounding the troops emails as the games go on

brad
05-15-2009, 09:52 AM
I've talked to a lot people about this (in person, not on message boards).

There are two main reasons that most people I've talked to didn't move at the relocation event.

1) The details sent out about seating vs standing were buried deep down in the weeds in an area that most of us had no reason to read. It was on web page, at the bottom of a paragraph about new supporters sections. We weren't in a supporters section, most of us had no interest in moving into one, and as such, had no reason to read that section.

At the time that went out, most of us did not want to relocate. We have made good friends with people around us, we liked the atmosphere of our sections, we liked the sight lines, and most importantly, we were allowed to stand for two years with no issue.

In order to get to those details, a person would have had to be interested first in relocating, and second in relocating to a supporters section. Most of us weren't interested in either, so we didn't pay much attention to that section.

If email had gone out saying something to the extent of "Hey, season ticket holder, we are going to be making some major changes to your section, please read this", a think a lot more people would have moved. I would have.

2) We are told a lot of things, all the time, that don't get enforced. They announce every game that there is to be no profanity at games, yet profane chants go unpunished.

We are told that we can't throw streamers at player, yet people do every game and it's not enforced.

We are told that excessive drunkeness is not allowed, yet I see people that are so trashed they can barely function still getting served beer.

A lot of people that did read that far simply assumed that this was another one of those things wasn't enforced.

Yes, the Front Office has covered their ass on this one techinacally, but I really don't think that this situation has been handled that well.

This isn't an isolated problem that a few people on the RPB are complaining about. My wife talked to the Coordinator of Fan Services at BMO yesterday and she was told that this is a big problem, and a lot of people have complained about. She was also told that my section (105) is the main hot point for this.

If the message went out loud and clear, do you really think that this many people would have been caught off guard?

C.Ronaldo
05-15-2009, 10:13 AM
^amen

I felt exactly the same way.

I didn't want to go to a supporters section because I LIKED MY SECTION
My section stood/ sang/ and threw streamers.

They said they were ADDING supporters sections, not CHANGING other sections.

Paul, you can play this corporate or you can understand our view.

Either way you put it, we got screwed over out of what were our homes away from homes.

ps
another thing I dont like being told by security (while i calmly sat down during half time)
"you dont think MLSE would be happy to revoke your tickets and replace you with new season ticket holders? They have a waiting list!"

^no it wouldn't surprise me that MLSE would do that to me, but thanks for reminding me of how the customer is never right

Carter
05-15-2009, 10:19 AM
^amen

I felt exactly the same way.

I didn't want to go to a supporters section because I LIKED MY SECTION
My section stood/ sang/ and threw streamers.

They said they were ADDING supporters sections, not CHANGING other sections.

Paul, you can play this corporate or you can understand our view.

Either way you put it, we got screwed over out of what were our homes away from homes.

ps
another thing I dont like being told by security (while i calmly sat down during half time)
"you dont think MLSE would be happy to revoke your tickets and replace you with new season ticket holders? They have a waiting list!"

^no it wouldn't surprise me that MLSE would do that to me, but thanks for reminding me of how the customer is never right

You guys are 10 - 20 people strong in your section, but remember about the other 100+ in your section who don't like to stand and bought those seats for the perfect view, close to the "south end experience" but would rather sit.

Like jack said, petition and if you guys need help, Ask, don't think its just you they hate, they are enforcing the rules on standing/non standing sections.

Kevvv
05-15-2009, 10:20 AM

Not an apologist for MLSE or BMO, but that sounds like something an individual security guy would say, not the party line. In any case, security should not be making veiled threats about revoking tickets.

Carter
05-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Not an apologist for MLSE or BMO, but that sounds like something an individual security guy would say, not the party line. In any case, security should not be making veiled threats about revoking tickets.

Agreed get his/her name and talk to Mike Burns which is his/her boss.

trane
05-15-2009, 10:31 AM
I understand the frustration of having to sit. However, I have to question all the laments of those who are not RPB, seriously how proibitive is a 20$ membership fee? If you want to be a member of the RPB simply pay 20 $ bucks, which is used toward the TIFO's exetera. It just does not seem unreasonable.

egoodwin
05-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Agreed get his/her name and talk to Mike Burns which is his/her boss.
Ask to see their security licence

denime
05-15-2009, 10:53 AM
That's not funny and just backs up those that say bad things about RPB. Pay your money get your scarf kind of things.

The thing I find interesting, is that if you pay your money, you can be part of this fan club, I mean supporters group, even if you don't go to games, don't live in the same province or country, and even if you sit in a prawny section and sit and eat nachos. Pay your money, call yourself a supporter.

BUT

If you try and actually act like a supporter...don't look to the "supporters group" :rolleyes: for support, unless you paid money to help subsidize their pregame BBQs. I don't necessarily agree with how the OP is dealing with this situation...but from RPB members he/she is getting a big "tough shit, you snooze you lose, rules are rules" answer. How about a hey dude we like your style come crash in the south end with us, will find a way to add you to our "support" to strengthen it.

It's not my place to tell people how to act, but what concerns me is this. The RPB website is probably the most viewed TFC website. The RPB name is out there more than any other group (for various reasons). Combine that with the large groups of people new to the game looking for direction.....
and the wishy washy bluring of roles and attitudes and laissez faire do what you want crap, is creating a fanbase of drunks.

It's safe to say the south end is more a "party zone" than a "supporters section".

There are a few people busting their asses to change that, but they're swimming upstream against the strong current of BS from this site and the various FO sycophants that have alterior motives.

WTF are you still around?WHY,please be so kind and enlighten us?

You don't like how RPB functions,but for some strange reason you are still on this forum on a daily basis.

No one is pushing you to come on this board,but yet,here you are again.

And how about hey dudes how can I help you to get TFC support even better,instead I will stand a side and bitch every time I don't like what they do.

I don't get some ppl that come to this board every F*%king day,don't like it,don't want to be a part of the group,but still think they can come here and bitch every time they see something that is not the way they would like it to be.

Well as far I'm concern I don't have to be politically correct as Jack so I can tell you,what I think about ppl that have problems with RPB way of supporting the team.

Stay the fuck away if you don't like what we do,it's free country no one is pushing you to be a part of RBP or to come to this board,

or get involved a little bit more, learn the facts what we do ,and how much effort is put in order to be where we are so that many people can enjoy the game day experience like Tailgate ,Tifo's or away games.

:rant:

And now :topic: Officially NO standing in 120!!

leroy
05-15-2009, 10:58 AM
What would u have me tell the people who moved out of a standing section into a sitting section? Of course we're enforcing!

no doubt it is next to impossible to please everyone, but for the particular people that are adamant about sitting, couldn't we put them / relocate them to sections 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 219-227, 106, 107, 108, or 109? those sections have far less standers than 120 - a section that has a large portion of standers since day 1 and is adjacent to another standing section. it would seem to me that if someone was so bothered about people standing and asked to be relocated, they would be moved as far away as possible from the rest of the standers. i realize pricing may be an issue, but im sure a workaround is possible.

brad
05-15-2009, 10:59 AM
I understand the frustration of having to sit. However, I have to question all the laments of those who are not RPB, seriously how proibitive is a 20$ membership fee? If you want to be a member of the RPB simply pay 20 $ bucks, which is used toward the TIFO's exetera. It just does not seem unreasonable.

Because I'm not a RPB, I don't sit in the section, and I don't identify with the group. Nothing personal, I just never have.

I use this board as it is a public place to discuss TFC and related issues. It was said one these along time ago by the folks in charge that this was a public forum for just that, and it wasn't just a place for RPB.

If that is no longer the case, I have no issue, I'll happily pay up to continue the privilege.

Carter
05-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Because I'm not a RPB, I don't sit in the section, and I don't identify with the group. Nothing personal, I just never have.

I use this board as it is a public place to discuss TFC and related issues. It was said one these along time ago by the folks in charge that this was a public forum for just that, and it wasn't just a place for RPB.

If that is no longer the case, I have no issue, I'll happily pay up to continue the privilege.

Thats not it at all, you don't need to sit in "the section" to be an RPB. Everyone enjoys a good fact filled debate every now and again. We have alot of people who aren't RPB's that can hold a conversation, it just sometimes gets frustrating, see above post.... lol.

If you want some help just say so, and start something, dont sit here and be a tough guy behind a faceless message board and make posts about it. DO something about it, and confronting security will do nothing and is NOT AT ALL the best thing to do.

Not everyone likes the drama, that every now and again seems what people are trying to start. RPBs are good with security we have a relationship, we abide by the posted rules :rolleyes:.

There is a game tomorrow, we are going to win, or has everyone forgotten that?

Ageroo
05-15-2009, 11:14 AM
no doubt it is next to impossible to please everyone, but for the particular people that are adamant about sitting, couldn't we put them / relocate them to sections 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 219-227, 106, 107, 108, or 109? those sections have far less standers than 120 - a section that has a large portion of standers since day 1 and is adjacent to another standing section. it would seem to me that if someone was so bothered about people standing and asked to be relocated, they would be moved as far away as possible from the rest of the standers. i realize pricing may be an issue, but im sure a workaround is possible.

Problem with putting them in those sections is that there is a higher price tag that comes along with it like you said. That would be a tough issue to workaround.

Always room to make yourself identified....:) I don't sit in 112 brad, and have made many a friend on this board. It isn't about sitting in 112 or the south end. Members are all over the stadium, standing/sitting sections, etc...

olegunnar
05-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Hey Denime
Maybe you have me confused with someone else like Cartier does.

To answer your questions:
Why do I come to this board?

Because I'm a tfc addict and I go to all sorts of boards. This board, for whatever reason, has the most traffic so if you sift through the bs you find some interesting and informative stuff.

Why do I sometimes poke a stick at RPB things?

Because I'm a tfc addict. I want TFC to be the best on the field and off. Like I've said many times before, RPB has the widest reach and seems to attract most of the new people. Due to that fact, I think there's extra pressure on RPB to educate correctly and set the expactations correctly. A floundering and or misguided RPB is bad for the support overall. That's why I poke a stick.

To me it's not about group names, or favourites, or picking sides. To me it's about one group being big and having the largest reach...as such there's extra pressure on them to provide the correct message. It could be tribal rythym nation or 114 Ultras I'd poke a stick at...if they were the ones getting the "newbies". It's nothing personal against RPB.

Why don't I get involved?

On a macro level I've been around since opening day 2007. Done the shoeless thing, done the road trip thing, observed the tailgate thing when I picked up my rpb scarf last year, sat on a school bus to Crew stadium while people sang about the red bulls being shite.. I was conviced to part with my money by the "the message board isn't what we are line" "pay your $25 bucks and see the real RPB"

On a micro level, I don't have the time or relationships or means to right this ship. Frankly I don't think any individual does, it's too late, and there are too many people that need to smarten up or step away.
I say that/have that opinion because: As a former member I've read "the thread" that TiT started. I've read the "charter threads", I've read the threads about "what it takes to become a member" should there be referals, expecations etc. etc. There's 1000 different opinions in those threads (most I find appalling off base) and no one putting a foot down and saying stfu this is how it is...like it or get out.

Since there's too much of a mountain for just little old me to fix.I post the odd crustructive criticism thinking some people might read it and agree or disagree or maybe if we're lucky there'll be some discussion at least.
Constructive criticism is allowed right? Like the Brenda Irving constructive criticism, or the constructive critism given to Alex Urosevic on a daily basis in your forum or constructive criticism about GolTV broadcasts.

I've got a question for you.

Why so angry/defensive with having people ask questions about the groups behaviour?

Toronto Ruffrider
05-15-2009, 11:47 AM
I think the upshot of this is that perhaps there needs to be another re-evaluation of the standing vs. sitting sections.

If there are large numbers of supporters who are in a section wanting to stand and they couldn't or didn't get tickets into a standing section, for whatever the reason, then maybe we need to have the team look at the situation and assess whether more standing sections are necessary.

As for olegunnar's comment, I agree with the sentiment that we should be embracing our fellow supporters rather than shooting them down. There was some exception taken to some comments that were, perhaps, out of context given that there was an ancillary discussion that derailed this thread that was moved.

Anyway, I think the good thing about this thread and this message board is that it does give an avenue for all TFC supporters, whether they are affiliated with a specific group or not, to voice their concerns and opinions and perhaps enter into dialogue with the appropriate people with the team.

I have helped "non-RPBs" before on issues with the front office and will do so again. Just because someone is not a member of our group doesn't make them any less of a supporter. If you guys in 120 are serious about this issue and want to get together as a group of season ticket holders and make a case to the team, I will be happy to help you out.

Well said, Jack. I like constructive posts such as this one. Most problems have a solution, and I'm sure there's a way to allocate more standing space for supporters who currently reside outside of officially-recognised supporters sections.

A couple of weeks ago, Blizzard proposed an interesting idea for allowing supporters to stand. His idea would involve supporters relocating their season tickets to the BACK of each section, allowing casual fans to sit in the front. Such a solution would seem to provide a compromise that satisfies both interests in any part of BMO Field.

Just to add onto Blizzard's idea, here's how I would handle the moving of supporters. The club could post one poll per section, asking season ticket holders whether they prefer to sit or stand. When the poll results are in, the club could take the percentage of supporters who prefer to stand in a section and allocate the same percentage of standing rows at the top of the given section. For example, if 15% of polled season ticket holders in section 109 prefer to stand, then the back 15% of rows will be turned into standing rows.

I don't know if my idea is completely feasible, but it might be worth looking into. In my opinion, the status quo isn't working for a lot of supporters and regular fans, so it needs to be changed.

AL-MO
05-15-2009, 12:12 PM
FYI to all. This is what RPB is about, and what being a member supports:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3603/3420159822_ca5bce450d_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2386/3531021982_d068fbc31e_o.jpg

Jings
05-15-2009, 12:13 PM
If MLSE removed all the seats. What would the attendance be? Im thinking 5,000 tops. Lets face it theres more shitters than standers

Jack
05-15-2009, 12:14 PM
olegunnar, you often make good points and this has been acknowledged.

It's too bad you decided to step away from the group instead of getting more involved as I would welcome more of your insight.

Of course, your choice is what it is, but I'd love to have a beer with you and listen to what you have to say (unless we've already done this and I just didn't know it was you :D)

Kevvv
05-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Too many sitters, not enough shitters

Pookie
05-15-2009, 12:50 PM
So, to sum up this debate... is this a fairly accurate summary?

I want to stand -> But you are in a non-standing section.

It wasn't always -> But you received a notice saying that it wasn't.

I didn't read it -> Ok, whose fault is that?

MLSE, they should have had it in bigger font - > Ok. Let's try something else... why didn't you relocate?

Didn't think I should have to - > oh, yeah, the notice that you didn't read. So what did you do when you when security, acting on complaints from those that did read their letters, told you to sit?

I told them to go fuck themselves -> and how did they react?

Bastards kicked me out... for no reason!!! -> So, have you ever tried to exchange your tickets?

Can't man. Games are sold out. -> What about the ticket exchange?

Too much work. I'd have to buy new tickets and post my own... that's like 4 clicks right there -> sigh

brad
05-15-2009, 01:03 PM

No, not really.

Technically, it's mine. However, clarity of presentation is big deal. Why would I read though a page about the supporters section when I don't sit in one, and had no interest in sitting in one?

MLSE, they should have had it in bigger font - > Ok. Let's try something else... why didn't you relocate?
No, they should have put the information in an area that was relevent to the people it was targeted at.

As for my reasons for not relocating at the time, see my previous post.

Didn't think I should have to - > oh, yeah, the notice that you didn't read. So what did you do when you when security, acting on complaints from those that did read their letters, told you to sit?

Some may have, most didn't. Many of us are being respectful and taking it up through proper channels.

Bastards kicked me out... for no reason!!! -> So, have you ever tried to exchange your tickets?

Too much work. I'd have to buy new tickets and post my own... that's like 4 clicks right there -> sighAnd pay for tickets a second time, and hope that you can sell your originals? Not everyone is that flush...

spark
05-15-2009, 01:17 PM

Too much work. I'd have to buy new tickets and post my own... that's like 4 clicks right there -> sigh

You know what man, Brad wrote a sincere and reasonable post about that (that answers half your questions). If you did the same it would be a lot easier to take you points.

olegunnar
05-15-2009, 01:19 PM
olegunnar, you often make good points and this has been acknowledged.

It's too bad you decided to step away from the group instead of getting more involved as I would welcome more of your insight.

Of course, your choice is what it is, but I'd love to have a beer with you and listen to what you have to say (unless we've already done this and I just didn't know it was you :D)

Are you going to Boston/Foxborough?
I just had a "this is happening" moment and I'm pretty sure I'm going.

fwiw in my previous post I was talking about you and your group in Columbus...with the bongos...taking the bus from the fairfield inn to crew stadium...so you've seen me before even if we haven't formally met.

egoodwin
05-15-2009, 01:48 PM
I just had a "this is happening" moment

did it involve 20 hairy baboons?

Pookie
05-15-2009, 01:53 PM
And pay for tickets a second time, and hope that you can sell your originals? Not everyone is that flush...

For the record, I'm a pro-stander. I stand myself and relocated to get into a standing section. If I bring kids, I relocate to areas that are sitting as they can't see the game. I've never had a problem selling my tickets but that's just me.

There are 2 parts to this whole debate.

One is the notice you were given:

Notice or fine print, ultimately it is up to the individual to be aware of what they are buying. The fact you didn't read your notice shouldn't trump those that did read theirs and bought in a sitting section. There is really no debating this. Unfortuantely, you are in the wrong if you choose to stand in a posted sitting seation.

The second issue is what can you do about it

I applaud the rational approach in contacting BMO and looking for solutions. That may bring about a resolution to your concerns in the near future.

At the same time, you have to wait that out. They aren't likely to immediately put on a relocation event in mid season. You are stuck with it. Can you live with that? If so, great. No need to have this debate continue. If not, see point number 1 about the notice.

You also have an immediate option and that is to use the exchange and/or try to trade your tickets.

It's not a matter of being "flush." The risk is minimal as you have a ticket that is in demand and a variety of legitimate sources through which to recover your money (ticket exchange, ticket trader here or on other boards, kijiji (at cost), ebay (at cost), stubhub (at cost), even at the gates (at cost)). People buying your ticket are doing so to get in the gate and care very little for whether they have to sit or stand.

If standing is a big issue for you and you need it resolved immediately... is it worth risking $50-60? (which is what I believe your dark greys at face value are worth).

If this isn't something you are willing to risk $50-60 on, then I have to ask what all the fuss is about.

Jack
05-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Are you going to Boston/Foxborough?
I just had a "this is happening" moment and I'm pretty sure I'm going.

fwiw in my previous post I was talking about you and your group in Columbus...with the bongos...taking the bus from the fairfield inn to crew stadium...so you've seen me before even if we haven't formally met.
Oh yeah, that was us on the bus...quite the trip :D

Anyway, I'm not sure about the trip to NE. Funds are extremely low at the moment :(

I might have to sacrifice some in-season road trips for playoffs this season.

Vhoghul
05-15-2009, 05:27 PM

I'd have you tell them that, because MLSE has decided the number of scalpers artificially inflates the value of their commodity, they've decided not to go after the hundreds(thousands?) of scalper owned tickets in supporters sections. As such, people who want in supporters sections are forced to take what they can get, and will support their own way wherever they can.

Feel free to communicate that to them sometime.

Cambridge_Red
05-15-2009, 05:36 PM
I'd have you tell them that, because MLSE has decided the number of scalpers artificially inflates the value of their commodity, they've decided not to go after the hundreds(thousands?) of scalper owned tickets in supporters sections. As such, people who want in supporters sections are forced to take what they can get, and will support their own way wherever they can.

BAM!

Pookie
05-15-2009, 06:27 PM

^ the gentleman has a very valid point.

Revoking ticket privileges from scalpers in all sections would certainly free up spaces in relocations and in the waiting list.

nascarguy
05-15-2009, 06:39 PM
tell them that there are people on the waiting list that are willing to stand in 120 if you do not like it. Or

I say make haft of 120 standing only zone for the last 2 year I was in 120 row one and seen haft of that sec standing and the I only moved to 119 to save money 119 is haft the price that 120 was and it was starting to cost too much

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v3733/126/105/511061423/n511061423_2644973_3852412.jpg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2492366&id=511061423)