PDA

View Full Version : IS Cummins the difference..

gtaguy
05-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Seems to me that Cummins is the game maker in the last 4 games we have played..
Could it be that Carvers tactics were not the right combination for our squad.. ??
I seem to see our players happier and more energetic then before.. Or should i say that it looks like our players have finally found the right coach to make them perform to thier full capabilities..

no disrespect to anyone but it really looks to me like the squad has taken a strong liking to our intrim coach ???

Chevy
05-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Who is this Carver that you speak of?

gtaguy
05-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Who is this Carver that you speak of?

lol... not anyone that we have ever grown to love ..

dantdot
05-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Car...ver..? You mean like turkey?

ThunderTundra
05-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Car...ver..? You mean like turkey?

Yeah its the redneck dictionary word for carve the bird, sort of like Git er Done.... Carv er up hoss!!

thats the only use of the word Carver I can think of

In Cummins we trust!:scarf:

billyfly
05-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Not sure, but who cares!

Shakes McQueen
05-13-2009, 10:11 PM
Still think it's too soon to tell, but so far I've been impressed with Cummins.

Not really interested in piling on the guy who isn't here anymore though.

- Scott

Pachuco
05-13-2009, 10:33 PM
YES!

Jack
05-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Unbeaten in six.

Let's be happy and stop pissing on someone who's gone.

cy43
05-13-2009, 10:46 PM
+ 1 el presidente TOR...ONT... finish it

Yohan
05-13-2009, 11:24 PM
Cummins is making a huge believer out of me

Everything that TFC is doing well, creating chances, calm passing and nice one touch passing, defensively solid. All that stuff was present during Carver era, but Cummins seems to get the boys to do all this stuff on more consistent basis.

Now if TFC can finish the chances they creative, I think we'd go far in the playoffs.

Cashcleaner
05-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Cummins record speaks for itself. The last four games have been some of the best we've ever played. My feeling is that if we can keep this level of quality up, Cummins will be given a new contract by the end of the season.

Yohan said it best about consistency. We've still got the same roster that Carver had to draw from, but for some reason or another, we're creating better chemistry on the pitch in general.

TorCanSoc
05-13-2009, 11:44 PM
No more sky'd balls from the back? This is not a lack of skill from the back four, its a coach's strategy. We walked the ball up from the back. We're doing that a lot more under Cummins.

Don Julio
05-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Cummins seems to be able to assess our players and get the best out of what we have. Carver seemed to be looking to Mo to get the players he needed to play his game.

Only one of the above strategies will work in MLS, and the other guy will can go on to do "bigger and better" things in England. Everybody's happy.

Oldtimer
05-14-2009, 05:39 AM
I've noticed the players occasionally looking back to make sure they are in proper formation. THAT only comes from being drilled in it constantly.

What we are seeing now, I'm sure is due to Cummin's tactical astuteness. He didn't make the squad (especially bringing in Serioux, which was all Carver), but he has very good tactical skiils. He knows how to exploit other team's weaknesses, change formations on the sly. "To be totally honest with you," this is the first period in TFC history that I have confidence in the coach's tactical decisions.

Shep
05-14-2009, 05:50 AM
I think he might be, the squad have sure moved up a notch, in self-confidence if nothing else.. but that could be them easing into the season as well.

Robin
05-14-2009, 07:48 AM
I was getting embarrassed by Carver's endless hysterical rants about MLS and the refs -- MLS is what it is and it's the same for all the teams equally. Besides, I think Cummins is a lot more "Canadian" -- more even keeled, more laid back, more balanced. The team seems to have found its voice under his direction. Go Reds!

Fort York Redcoat
05-14-2009, 08:20 AM
I was getting embarrassed by Carver's endless hysterical rants about MLS and the refs -- MLS is what it is and it's the same for all the teams equally. Besides, I think Cummins is a lot more "Canadian" -- more even keeled, more laid back, more balanced. The team seems to have found its voice under his direction. Go Reds!

Ridiculous. I'm as Canadian as it gets and I am far from "even keeled".

Cummins has the team performing. I don't know if he's the difference but the timing of their successful run of games certainly makes it look that way.

:flare::scarf::flare:

Beach_Red
05-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Ridiculous. I'm as Canadian as it gets and I am far from "even keeled".

Cummins has the team performing. I don't know if he's the difference but the timing of their successful run of games certainly makes it look that way.

You gotta wonder when people use that "even-keeled" image of Canadians if they've ever seen a hockey game....

Anyway, the team certainly is performing better. They lose the ball just as often but now they don't just stand there when they do.

trane
05-14-2009, 09:55 AM
I've noticed the players occasionally looking back to make sure they are in proper formation. THAT only comes from being drilled in it constantly.

What we are seeing now, I'm sure is due to Cummin's tactical astuteness. He didn't make the squad (especially bringing in Serioux, which was all Carver), but he has very good tactical skiils. He knows how to exploit other team's weaknesses, change formations on the sly. "To be totally honest with you," this is the first period in TFC history that I have confidence in the coach's tactical decisions.

Agreed.

Yohan
05-14-2009, 10:22 AM
Another thing I noticed was definite lack of panicking.

When getting pressured, nice, short one touch passes to a teammate. Even defence looks more... calm and cool when facing opposition attack

Somehow Cummins is getting the players to have more confidence in themselves. Well, unbeaten in 6 games does help :)

Bombonera
05-14-2009, 10:30 AM
Cummins does seem to get it. It should be a beautiful game, and the players should enjoy the privilege tey have been afforded.

Cummins ability to make changes on the fly, and his substitution startegies have made a difference. However, it has been a good run (Rather goalles, but that is coming together nicely as well). I think we will have an opportunity to see what he is reallly made of when things aren't going so well.

I hope the not soi well part is behind us, but let's be a little more realistsic then the financial markets in that regard.