PDA

View Full Version : tfc vs impact match not on tv?

NateDoGG
05-12-2009, 06:40 PM
why is this game not on the tv?
webstream only? that is bs...

Brooker
05-12-2009, 06:42 PM
cbc bailed (cutbacks).... sportsnet already committed to bluejays/yankees.

its been talked about to death.

watch it on tfc tv or go to the game.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-12-2009, 07:59 PM

sportsnet could have delayed coverage or even better offered it to gol so the game got coverage.....cbc and sportsnet are the perfect exapmle why all TFC games should be on GOL.

TFC USA
05-12-2009, 08:18 PM
sportsnet could have delayed coverage or even better offered it to gol so the game got coverage.....cbc and sportsnet are the perfect exapmle why all TFC games should be on GOL.

I totally agree that all of Toronto FC's matches should be on a subscription channel that is not carried on every cable company. :rolleyes:

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-12-2009, 08:25 PM
I totally agree that all of Toronto FC's matches should be on a subscription channel that is not carried on every cable company. :rolleyes:

as opposed to being on network tv covered by cable and not shown at all
:rolleyes:

prizby
05-12-2009, 10:13 PM

i disagree, i think TFC should be carried by rogers, but made a priority over baseball

TFC USA
05-12-2009, 10:41 PM
i disagree, i think TFC should be carried by rogers, but made a priority over baseball

So the :rolleyes: completely went over your head reading my quote.

TFC USA
05-12-2009, 10:43 PM

*Counts*

You've got about more than half of the Toronto FC games on NATIONAL TV. Ten on CBC, I think 1 on Sportsnet, and several on GolTV. That is coupled with the Canadian Championship games.

Not having this game pisses me off and Sportsnet can suck on Ron Jeremy's penis, but you're overreacting.

TFCinVANCOUVER
05-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Is the game gonna be free to watch on TFC.com

Red CB Toronto
05-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Is the game gonna be free to watch on TFC.com
Yes it will be.

SilverSamurai
05-13-2009, 07:43 AM
Yes it will be.
The question is will their be commentary and sound...

I sure as hell hope so!

Waggy
05-13-2009, 07:47 AM
I'm surprised CBC isn't picking up the game, but asking sportsnet to show it over Yankees Blue Jays is just insane. I'd wager money that more people tuned in to the game yesterday than will watch TFC on TV all year. Unfortunate, but true. That said, At least I can have my comp on my right showing the plains of abraham derby, and on the left watch the Jays DOMINATE the Yankees again. Ah what a great day! :scarf:

shawn6597
05-13-2009, 07:58 AM
The question is will their be commentary and sound...

I sure as hell hope so!

I believe Paul B said in another thread that it would be the BMO videoboard feed, so probably no sound.

RedsYNWA
05-13-2009, 07:59 AM
The game is blacked out due to the game not being a sell out;)

Yohan
05-13-2009, 08:20 AM
is there going to be a radio feed too?

johnmolinaro
05-13-2009, 08:22 AM
I'm surprised CBC isn't picking up the game :scarf:

We're showing Game 7 of Crosby vs Ovechkin tonight.

shawn6597
05-13-2009, 08:27 AM
We're showing Game 7 of Crosby vs Ovechkin tonight.

john, just out of curiousity, what have the ratings been like in that series?

Oldtimer
05-13-2009, 09:22 AM
French Impact stream:

http://www.corussports.com/webteles/impact.php

sulfur
05-13-2009, 09:39 AM
There will be no commentary on the TFC TV feed.

The Fan590 should have the match on their online radio feed.

prizby
05-13-2009, 09:52 AM
so i need 2 online feeds lol, fan590 for audio, and tfc.com for visual

GabrielHurl
05-13-2009, 09:56 AM

There's the small problem of Rogers owning both the team and the TV channel

Mark in Ottawa
05-13-2009, 10:44 AM
CBC couldn't even offer it later so we could at the very least PVR it?
I guess "Canadian Championship competition" couldn't convince them :(

Blizzard
05-13-2009, 11:04 AM
CBC couldn't even offer it later so we could at the very least PVR it?
I guess "Canadian Championship competition" couldn't convince them :(

CBC dropped it because of budgetary constraints .... meaning, they lost money on it.

If they couldn't afford to show the games live, how are they going to afford to show the games delayed what with the even smaller audiences they would draw?

Blizzard
05-13-2009, 11:07 AM
There will be no commentary on the TFC TV feed.

The Fan590 should have the match on their online radio feed.

Where are you guys getting this?

Luke Wileman is doing commentary. That is confirmed.

B

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-13-2009, 11:13 AM
CBC used its loot so we could watch the ATALANTA vs CRUZ FINAL last night!

THATS WHY! ;)

sulfur
05-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Something about no commentary on the TFC.TV feedWhere are you guys getting this?

Luke Wileman is doing commentary. That is confirmed.

B
From PB. He said that it would be a silent feed. Guess that's changed now.

Mark in Ottawa
05-13-2009, 11:25 AM
CBC dropped it because of budgetary constraints .... meaning, they lost money on it.

If they couldn't afford to show the games live, how are they going to afford to show the games delayed what with the even smaller audiences they would draw?

:confused: CBC is supposed to be making money on their programming?

Outside of Hockey how often does that happen?

C.Ronaldo
05-13-2009, 11:46 AM
id rather have it online than on tv

shawn6597
05-13-2009, 11:54 AM
id rather have it online than on tv

¿Porqué?

Oldtimer
05-13-2009, 12:05 PM
The FAN590 is NOT carrying this game. They only carry MLS matches.

NateDoGG
05-13-2009, 12:39 PM
this is pure fucking bullshit
id goto the fucking game if i didnt have to work tonight.... im hoping someone record the stream.......
what a joke this is... im really pretty pissed off about it. if it was on the tv i could atleast record it myself.........

first regular season game to never of gotten aired............... bullcrap.. whoevers fault this is should be shot and pissed on

Oldtimer
05-13-2009, 01:54 PM
id goto the fucking game if i didnt have to work tonight.... im hoping someone record the stream.......
what a joke this is... im really pretty pissed off about it. if it was on the tv i could atleast record it myself.........

first regular season game to never of gotten aired............... bullcrap.. whoevers fault this is should be shot and pissed on

It appears that you're angry.:rolleyes:

dantdot
05-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Some french site is going to have their own feed? The fooook?

Shep
05-13-2009, 02:34 PM

Hopefully Toronto FC TV will have the feed available for replay, MLS stores matches for their paid site so holding the data shouldn't be a problem.

I'm debating on whether or not I should hook the PC up to my 52".. might wait until the first half is up and see how it plays.

Shakes McQueen
05-13-2009, 04:27 PM

I'll take the odd game not being shown at all, versus having every single game on a subscription channel that 98% of the population doesn't have,

That said, there should be a clause that if one of the normal carriers can't show a game, GolTV should get the rights to it.

- Scott

Bobo
05-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Anyone know if Shoeless showing the web stream?

sulfur
05-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Doubtful. JDG will be at the game. I'm out of town. That takes two of the... well... two players out of the equation. :(

If you have a laptop though, Joe's does have wireless and it's more than fast enough to stream the game.

johnmolinaro
05-13-2009, 11:09 PM

Actually, we cut back on the CONCACAF Champions League - NOT the Canadian Championships.

It was the rights holders who decided to go with another broadcaster (Sportsnet). CBC was not successful in getting the rights to this competition, therefore we did not bail on this, and the fact that there was no game tonight on TV is the rights holders decision.

You're right, though - hard to expect Sportsnet to bump the Yanks-Jays game.

billyfly
05-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Say the game hi-lights on CFTO. At least they sent a camera man down there.

nfitz
05-13-2009, 11:33 PM
With 4 Sportsnets channels, I don't see why they couldn't air the game on one. They aired games last year on just the Pacific channel, with the Ontario channel only showing it on tape-delay.

Glad I had tickets to this one! Great game!

Blizzard
05-14-2009, 12:48 AM
Actually, we cut back on the CONCACAF Champions League - NOT the Canadian Championships.

It was the rights holders who decided to go with another broadcaster (Sportsnet). CBC was not successful in getting the rights to this competition, therefore we did not bail on this, and the fact that there was no game tonight on TV is the rights holders decision.

You're right, though - hard to expect Sportsnet to bump the Yanks-Jays game.

Thanks for that clarification John. I'd assumed the opposite.

cheers

B

Roogsy
05-14-2009, 12:49 AM
Where can I get an archive of the entire game?

Blizzard
05-14-2009, 12:50 AM
With 4 Sportsnets channels, I don't see why they couldn't air the game on one. They aired games last year on just the Pacific channel, with the Ontario channel only showing it on tape-delay.

Glad I had tickets to this one! Great game!

I'm just making an (semi) educated assumption but I am thinking that the real problem here is that Nutrilite just didn't put enough sponsorship money into this tournament to allow for all six matches to be produced for telecast. As we know, these things aren't cheap!

Pookie
05-14-2009, 09:03 AM
online feed was ok... it's not like many of our games are broadcast in HD (Setanta for that matter either)

We hooked the laptop up to a LCD projector and found the stream quite good, even in full screen mode.

Audio left a lot to be desired but quality was ok given the circumstances. If anyone involved in the decision to stream it is reading... thanks.

scotymcb
05-14-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm also impressed the quality that we're getting now. Look forward to the years to come what we'll be able to get!

TFC/ARSENAL
05-14-2009, 12:48 PM
A large part of the problem is scheduling this tournament in May instead of June and July. It does not make sense to go up against the Stanley Cup Playoffs or the Jays/Yankees. Last year's tournament made sense for television scheduling. Now if only the Tournament teams and MLS would get together so that they could maximize coverage, we would probably get all the games on free tv.

sulfur
05-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Yah, too bad we have to have it done by mid-June due to when the CCL starts. :(