PDA

View Full Version : SongBook for Tomorrow's Game?

__wowza
05-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Hey, alright.. so heres the drill:

last year i was able to print up songbooks (a thousand or so per game) to distribute to, shall we say, less knowledgable TFC supporters in the non supporter sections during the games i went to. this worked because there were always at least a few diehards in those sections who would instigate the chants, and if the crowd didnt know them, theyd simply just check out the song books to see what the hell they were chanting.

this year, im planning on doing the same thing (I did during the KC game last month), and i KNOW there's some good anti-impact chants floating around somewhere out there.

ive already covered most of the staples (on this and the goTorontoFC websites) so if you know any newer chants, or any thatll help demoralize our neighbours, please post em here (along with the tune if you know it)!! ill add em to the songbook and hand em out at the entrances.

:scarf:
Cheers!

Bobo
05-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Tic Tac Tabernack....................

Yalomed
05-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Now that's an extensive array of songs for the limp act?....tic tac tabernac.

I hope I don't forget it all. :rolleyes:

FluSH
05-12-2009, 02:49 PM
^^^^
Now we shouldn't have too many songs... I thought we were supposed to just chant 3-4 the entire game.

A limp act chant will put us over our allowable quota

AL-MO
05-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Now that's an extensive array of songs for the limp act?....tic tac tabernac.

I hope I don't forget it all. :rolleyes:

You are a funny guy. :lol:

Yalomed
05-12-2009, 03:19 PM
^^^^
Now we shouldn't have too many songs... I thought we were supposed to just chant 3-4 the entire game.

A limp act chant will put us over our allowable quota

Normally for a heated rival where I come from, there are 3-4 chants just for them. I guess we're still trying to catch on. No worries.

__wowza
05-12-2009, 03:27 PM
So far we've got:

REDS GO MARCHING IN
DICHIO24
TIC-TAC-TABERNACK
TORONTO FC
TEAM JIMMY B’S
THE TFC MASSIVE
THIS IS OUR HOUSE
TORONTO TIL I DIE
TFC
WHO ARE YA

yeah, theres just a few smaller ones on here too. a few colourful chants against the ref should the pride of the MLS not be up to par *rolls eyes* and a lot of the really simple chants, couldnt hurt posting em for the newbies.

im also down at the opposite end with the North end elite for tomorrows game, whatre the odds of a TFC massive chant reaching that far?

Brooker
05-12-2009, 03:29 PM
there will definatly be some songs made up on the spot like against Vancouver

Yalomed
05-12-2009, 03:36 PM
Very impromptu....I like it. Hopefully the Reds are better prepared for the occasion than we are.

Maybe we can piss off the Limp act with the Massive chant since we've got nothing else in store for them.

Unless of course someone starts a CAREY CAREY chant?

__wowza
05-12-2009, 04:23 PM
alright, so im guessing ill just keep it the way it is.
i'll be taking requests till 8 tonight so i have time to prepare em.

on a different note: thanks to my work for allowing me free photocopies..

Yalomed
05-12-2009, 04:34 PM
I guess you're SOL buddy.

There's a chant we often sing which is to the tune of "La Marsigliese" (quite fitting because it's the same tune as the french national anthem) but it's in Italian. Maybe for the game in Montreal since nobody seems inclined to add a tune for the Quebecers here because it'll
exceed the "quota". Atleast it'll catch their attention there for sure. Presuming somebody can translate it to french of course.