PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think....................

Shway
05-12-2009, 12:48 PM
"Toronto FC should add a U-23 team into the PDL division"

OVERVIEW

In the world of professional football, every club has their own type of way of developing young future footballers.
Now in the MLS, we know the restrictions that the league has put on these types of circumstances, but creating an U-23 team to play in the Premier Developement League, is away around the leagues restrictions.
For example a team like "Chicago Fire" has a team in the PDL, called the Chicago Fire Premier and they have had so many players move onto the first team, or simply other professional contracts.The PDL, states that a maximum of eight players on each team's 26-man roster can be over 23 years old, while at least three players on each team's roster must be 18 or younger.

This team could also avoid situations of what happened last year, when TFC had so many players leave to play in WCQ's, and they had to resort to signing players to however-long-contracts, to fill the void. (i.e Rick Titus, Tim Regan, and Diaz Kambere)

PLAYERS

This team would consist of players from the first team (who are paid), and players from the Academy (who aren't paid, but are in search of a contract). This siuation could only be a positive one, in the aspect that toronto fc, dont have exhibiton games, and they could field players who aren't playing on a week in week out basis (i.e. Gala, Gomez,) who can play and be in game shape, and have the opportunity to impress the coaching staff, or even just be ready to be called upon in the case of an injury.
This would reduce the likes of players not playing a game for the whole season.
It also can work for players like Obrien White, who is coming of an injury, he can play a couple of PDL games, before he is declared 100% fit to play for the first team or even to be a substitute.
The other players would come from the better Academy players, giving them the opportunity to play with some of the first team players. Coaches can analyze these players, and see if they are capable of moving up the ranks into the first team, and if they are, academy players can look forward into signing contracts since the MLS has expanded it academy signing policies.

This team could be a catalyst for players, who are great enough to go away for school, but who dont have the acquired education credentials to go to a NCAA Div 1 school, or just simply dont want to take the University route.

This doesn't has to be something that is done by the MLS, but this is something that Toronto FC can do, since the finances are there. (Maurice Edu money).

POSSIBLE PLAYER POOL

GK Brian Edwards (24)
GK Jarret Humphreys (18)
DF Emmanuel Gomez (18)
DF Amadou Sanyang (19)
DF Daniel Di Baggio (18)
DF Gabe Gala (20)
DF Nana Attakora (20)
DF Casey D'Mello (18)
MF Brennan MCNicol (17)
MF Jonathan Lao (17)
MF James Stamopoulos (18)
MF Ashtone Morgan (18)
MF Ryan McLeod (17)
MF Daniel Callabretta (18)
MF Josh Janniere (17)
FW Fuad Ibrahim (18)
FW Andre Verdugo (18)
FW Obrien White (23)
FW Allando Mattheson (17)
*Bold Denotes First Team Appearance

:scarf:

Is this realistic?
or am i way over my head?

mlsintoronto (PAUL) - could you have a possible answer for this? or is there one

ExiledRed
05-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Can we put an end to these non-titles for threads please.

Why are you afraid to put something like -"PDL team for TFC?"

Fort York Redcoat
05-12-2009, 12:55 PM
This is PDL vs CSL question. The Fire has done it but the PDL is part of the American soccer Pyramid. WE already belong to it being part of the MLS but the links between the levels, at this point, are so weak we can get away with helping the CSL. I think it a good thing we stay in Canada while we can.

Shway
05-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Can we put an end to these non-titles for threads please.

Why are you afraid to put something like -"PDL team for TFC?"

geeze it just keeps the suspension high;)
and i never thought of that title...lol

MODS DO CHANGE IT PLEASE

Shway
05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
This is PDL vs CSL question. The Fire has done it but the PDL is part of the American soccer Pyramid. WE already belong to it being part of the MLS but the links between the levels, at this point, are so weak we can get away with helping the CSL. I think it a good thing we stay in Canada while we can.

but we couldn't have to teams in the CSL?
the U-18 team would still be in the league.

i just think if the U-23 team was in there, there wouldnt be much competition.

C.Ronaldo
05-12-2009, 01:04 PM
dreams

i had dreams.....then adult life crushed them.

Shway
05-12-2009, 01:08 PM
^^^Lol

because lack of developmental systems

Fort York Redcoat
05-12-2009, 01:24 PM
I think you're overestimating the difference between CSL and PDL. The difference between USL and USL2 is debatable. MLS and USL will be comparable tonight ( with MLS winning out obviously:cool: )