PDA

View Full Version : Depth........

deeznutz
05-31-2008, 07:43 PM
I see the L.A will come with backings of 2 key players were not in the line up which woulda made a differance but then agian we had players out as well MANY of them......Is it safe to say we have the depth on the bench that can win the games for us when called up???? I think yes!!!

thoughts please.......

London
05-31-2008, 07:45 PM
with more than half of our starters gone today, i would say we have pretty good depth!!! another striker would be nice!!

MrHawk
05-31-2008, 07:46 PM
I think the quality of players L.A. did not have in this game, may have equaled our loss of players.

The real test is if we play a team like Chicago or NE with the same players and achieve the same result.

trane
05-31-2008, 09:37 PM
^ Agreed. But I think that from what I saw today, we would had a shot at Chicago and NE. We defended well and were organized. That allows you to compete with most teams.

iansmcl
05-31-2008, 10:09 PM
with more than half of our starters gone today, i would say we have pretty good depth!!! another striker would be nice!!

Why, what's wrong with Lombardo?;)

MrHawk
06-01-2008, 12:07 AM
^ Agreed. But I think that from what I saw today, we would had a shot at Chicago and NE. We defended well and were organized. That allows you to compete with most teams.

See I didn't watch most of the game today, so I can't say. From what I saw in the first 23 minutes, Toronto looked good and controlled played very well

Dunc
06-01-2008, 12:38 AM
I don't realy know the rest of the league, but I find it hard to believe that any MLS team has depth like we do

Cunny, Tebily, James, Dunivant, Smith, Edwards all as subs. The first four are sure starters anywhere else, I think. Cunny not so much but that's a recent development and might just be a run of poor form more than actually being that bad. I mean he's the fourth highest scorer in MLS history, he can't be all that bad.

i'm really excited about the side we have this season. This match today was basically the biggest hit our starting XI could've taken, and we pulled through fine (though it was against a shockingly bad LAG side).

Cambridge_Red
06-01-2008, 12:42 AM
I don't realy know the rest of the league, but I find it hard to believe that any MLS team has depth like we do

Cunny, Tebily, James, Dunivant, Smith, Edwards all as subs. The first four are sure starters anywhere else, I think. Cunny not so much but that's a recent development and might just be a run of poor form more than actually being that bad. I mean he's the fourth highest scorer in MLS history, he can't be all that bad.

i'm really excited about the side we have this season. This match today was basically the biggest hit our starting XI could've taken, and we pulled through fine (though it was against a shockingly bad LAG side).

The league has come a long way in terms of talent the past couple of seasons. This is definately a factor as is Cunny's unwillingness to settle in with our team.

stugautz
06-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Our depth ends at striker. Once we get some depth up front, we'll be complete.

Cashcleaner
06-01-2008, 02:06 AM
Deez, I think you've hit the nail on the head. We had Robert, Sutton, and Guevara struck from the roster and still had the power and technique to put up two goals against LA. While I would agree that another Forward would certainly help, we are still looking very strong with the current squad.

Keepers - Check
Defenders - Check
Midfield - Check
Forwards - Half a Check