PDA

View Full Version : 1/3 season in, Adrian Serioux is team MVP.

TFC~Vatreni
05-11-2009, 10:26 AM
He's played about every game at a high level in the back and contributes offensively. Many times I've caught myself thinking "he's our best player on the pitch right now".
De-Ro and Frei would be close seconds in my book.

This is just my opinion and you can blast me if you must, but I'm just calling it like I see it.

ilikemusic
05-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Frei is the MVP as far as im concerned.

He has bailed out Serioux (and others) enough times this season.

Were it not for Frei, we would probably have 6 or 9 less points than we've got.

DOMIN8R
05-11-2009, 10:28 AM
:DSounds like we need a poll.:D

TFC~Vatreni
05-11-2009, 10:32 AM

My only quarrel with choosing Frei is that he hasn't started every game, otherwise he might be my choice. He has been outstanding.

ps. correction, were it not for WYNNE's HAND, we'd have 4 more points right now!

Suds
05-11-2009, 10:33 AM
:DSounds like we need a poll.:D

http://www.dvestore.com/images/BoomPole.jpg

Toronto_Bhoy
05-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Frei!

DOMIN8R
05-11-2009, 10:39 AM
http://www.dvestore.com/images/BoomPole.jpgPerfect.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-11-2009, 10:44 AM

Frei would be my choice...with Serioux second and Wynne third.:scarf:

DaBandit
05-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Serioux is my choice, he's been brilliant at the back...

Erkan16
05-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Frei and Serioux share top spot in my book. Adrian keeps the opposition at bay, and anything that gets by him Frei is there to back him up.

great combo in the back.

The Kingpin
05-11-2009, 11:50 AM
Frei is the most talented player on TFC - The sad part - He'll be gone in no time...

boban
05-11-2009, 11:51 AM

I don't think so.
Frie has also made mistakes that cost us goals and points.
Funny how we never get behind our Canadian boys and cut them at first chance.
Foreigner? Boy, greatest player to wear the jersey.

dannyd
05-11-2009, 11:55 AM
for me too, it's hard to pick between Serioux and Frei. The best aspect these two have brought to our team is a calm, confident back line. We never had a player who could play the ball out and keep posession before this season like Serioux can, and for me thats why he's MVP over Frei (slightly) so far. He's brought a completely different aspect to our game that was lacking, before him it was just kick and chase ball from the back.

While players like De-Ro and Frei have improved our team, Adrian has added a whole new tactical option for us.

Cobblers
05-11-2009, 12:02 PM
The critical part for me is that we all seem to be in agreement that one of DeRo, Serioux, or Frei should be our MVP to date. These were all players that were brought in during the offseason, which I think is a credit to Mo and the organization for the moves they made to improve this team...

Yohan
05-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I vote for the Predator. While he's not been perfect, he's done much to shore up that leaking backline that had no balls

Pachuco
05-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Until last game, I would've leaned toward Frei over Serioux but not by much. But since last game, Serioux had a great game and Frei had bad game in my books, therefore I think Serioux gets the edge but again, not by much. Just my opinion.

TFC Bhoy
05-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Im definately going with Frei!! No one can argue the fact that Serioux has been just an absolute monster this year, but he has had his games where he has been good, but not great. While Frei has been just immense pulling out amazing save after amazing save. Saving our asses from bad giveaways etc.

Both have had great seasons, but to me it has to be Frei

Don Julio
05-11-2009, 12:16 PM
Holy shit, I can't believe we're a third of the way through already!

daner90
05-11-2009, 12:21 PM
I would have to agree with Frei in this debate.
Guy has been great since game 1 and I think he is just going to keep rolling....

TFC OZZ
05-11-2009, 12:38 PM
I would have to go with:
1. Frei
2. Serioux
3. De Rosario

kodiakTFC
05-11-2009, 12:50 PM
MVP
1. Serioux
2. Frei
3. DeRo

Most Improved
1. Velez

BFin
05-11-2009, 01:11 PM
I don't think so.
Funny how you state a point with absolutely no backing either. Please provide specific examples. Frei hasn't in my opinion COST us any goals this year, and has bailed us out of numerous strikes that I thought were destined for the twine.
This has nothing to do with nationality (or else why would people have DeRo and Seiroux in the running) and everything to do with performance on the pitch.

shwade
05-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Frei has bailed out our defence many times and he has at least 2 highlight-reel saves in every match so he's my MVP so far.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-11-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't think so.

How many easy goal did sutton gave up to cost us games last year?
soft goals happen...Frei is without doubt the best keeper in TFC short History and im sure we will have he for a couple more seasons at least.

Cashcleaner
05-11-2009, 01:50 PM
An-dr-ian Ser-iou-x?

That's an odd way to spell Stefan Frei. ;)

Carts
05-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Frei is my MVP...

Its very early, but to date he has saved the day for us on a few occassions already...

Hell, in DC he also added offence to his play assisting on Dero's goal. And it wasn't dumb luck, as soon as corrals the ball he looks up, then takes off and hammers the ball to Dero's run...

So far this season, he has done everything we need him for and more (saving a win vs Vancouver!)...

Carts...

Juanito
05-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Serioux? Really? He's been great some games, and others, he has been a liability!
Frei is our MVP so far ... hands down!!

Blazer
05-11-2009, 08:49 PM
1. S. Frei
2. Undeserved at this stage
3. Undeserved at this stage

ricciboy
05-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Perfect.

agree:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thum bsup:

cy43
05-11-2009, 09:07 PM
An-dr-ian Ser-iou-x?

That's an odd way to spell Stefan Frei. ;)

Also a pretty funny way to spell Adrian :)

Lucky Strike
05-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I'd definitely go with Frei as well, though Serioux is a close second with DeRosario third. It's funny how no one has mentioned Guevara who is tied for first in goals and leads in assists. Though he wouldn't make my top 3 either. What's your take on him?

cy43
05-11-2009, 09:15 PM
3G 4A for the Amadonian... that's pretty good if you ask me.

edit** and 2 of his 3g's are gwgs

He's got a quiet case put together. Quiet but very strong.

BuSaPuNk
05-11-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah Frei for sure is the MVP bailed us out countless times and really helps the defence know what they have behind them is a brick wall. Serioux 2nd and DeRo 3rd. Serioux has created a soild base in our backline and helped out Velez and Attakora play better than expected. I also agree that Velez is the most improved player for sure. Velez has played like a beast and really no brain farts like last year. Wynne has accually cost us more back there than Velez. (Not picking on Wynne, still is very important to our team)....but that says alot about Velez.

Yohan
05-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I'd definitely go with Frei as well, though Serioux is a close second with DeRosario third. It's funny how no one has mentioned Guevara who is tied for first in goals and leads in assists. Though he wouldn't make my top 3 either. What's your take on him?
no one can deny that Guevara has the skills, and it shows with Guevara's numbers right now, but i am so sick of Guevara showing up for like 10mins of the game

Cashcleaner
05-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Also a pretty funny way to spell Adrian :)

Nice catch! :D

J .
05-11-2009, 11:49 PM
What? Serioux gives the ball away in critical positions 2-3 times a match...

DeRo then Frei.

jloome
05-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Mark my words, if he keeps playing dm centrally, Cronin will be in the running by the end of the year as well.

Kid has special passing skills, reads the field really well. He's going to be a model midfielder.

Keegan
05-12-2009, 01:44 AM
Adrian Serioux and Dwayne De Rosario

1 and 2.

Frei is 3rd, he hasn't done anything unreal to justify being #1. We aren't talking Brad Guzan here.

Dozitwin
05-12-2009, 05:21 AM
My only quarrel with choosing Frei is that he hasn't started every game, otherwise he might be my choice. He has been outstanding.

ps. correction, were it not for WYNNE's HAND, we'd have 4 more points right now!

To be fair the only reason he hasn't started every game is because he was injured, not because of poor play

Lucky Strike
05-12-2009, 07:36 AM
no one can deny that Guevara has the skills, and it shows with Guevara's numbers right now, but i am so sick of Guevara showing up for like 10mins of the game

Well I think he's "there" for more than that, but yes, I also wish he'd play for us as hard as when he does for Honduras.

boban
05-12-2009, 09:46 AM
Funny how you state a point with absolutely no backing either. Please provide specific examples. Frei hasn't in my opinion COST us any goals this year, and has bailed us out of numerous strikes that I thought were destined for the twine.
This has nothing to do with nationality (or else why would people have DeRo and Seiroux in the running) and everything to do with performance on the pitch.
Ahh I don't know..... there have been a couple.
Did you watch the game on Sat.??
If he didn't pull a matrix on the second goal it wouldn't have gone in.
Also, on the 1st goal his positioning was off, which recovered - but apparently not in time. And then on the actually shot he just looked at it. His reflexes aren't as quick as a goalie we have sitting on the bench.
Yes, he did connect with a long ball kick with Dero, but that was after countless and countless attempts. His distribution could have been better as he launched missile after missile to no one or only a single forward with no support. A very low percentage play.
Frei is good, but not to the point where he is the reason we are scratching the top of the east. GA would tell you that.

loyola
05-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Ahh I don't know..... there have been a couple.
Did you watch the game on Sat.??
If he didn't pull a matrix on the second goal it wouldn't have gone in.
Also, on the 1st goal his positioning was off, which recovered - but apparently not in time. And then on the actually shot he just looked at it. His reflexes aren't as quick as a goalie we have sitting on the bench.
Yes, he did connect with a long ball kick with Dero, but that was after countless and countless attempts. His distribution could have been better as he launched missile after missile to no one or only a single forward with no support. A very low percentage play.
Frei is good, but not to the point where he is the reason we are scratching the top of the east. GA would tell you that.

That's the only game Frei did looked a bit weak. BTW, on the second goal he might've been unsighted because he usually react well to that kind of shots (I remember a superb tip over the bar on a last minute volley against Colombus I think....same kind of shot). Frei showed his reflexes in that game with great saves at the end of both halfs. Add to that the game winning save at the end of the Vancouver game and a couple of other earlier in the season and you'll find out the DC united game was an anomaly for Frei.

As for distribution, not many keepers have that kind of weapon. Yes, it's a percentage thing (you'll lose some, you'll win some of his drop kicks) but I've seen him getting a ball to our top forward in similar situations quite often this season. Of course, it doesn't always result into a goal but it does put pressure on your opponent back 4. In term of distribution, Frei is a much better "footballer keeper" than Sutton.

Frei also looks like someone who can lead his back 4, something Sutton has often been criticize for not doing it really well.

I think I've seen all TFC games this year and I would go like this for your 1/3 MVP:

1: Frei
2: Serioux
3: DeRo