PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous Priced For Futbol.

ForTheReds
05-10-2009, 10:43 AM
OK so today of all days it dawned on me that Everyone here is being majorly ripped with these ticket prices....??? Heck i didnt pay this much when i was in england or in france to see matches......with the conversion rate :( has anyone else noticed this??? I mean id love to go to games but 50$ and up for futbol is laughable , especially since i could watch 10x better quality futbol in france for 15 Euros. so what 26 bucks??? i fear this tred will keep upping it till we become TFLeafs..... anywhoo there is always montreal away......:flare::flare:

On that topic are flares banned there?? what about sparklers??

dx-K-9_KUNc

yeah yeah i wandered a lil off my main topic,....

rocker
05-10-2009, 10:44 AM
then don't buy the tickets.

move to france.

Bloor West FC
05-10-2009, 10:45 AM
Leafs are an historical team just like England is in Footy. We will not have those prices ever for TFC.

Well I hope not

uncle p
05-10-2009, 10:47 AM
Tickets to the match = 15 euro's
Flight to France = $900
Useless thread = priceless!!!

Waggy
05-10-2009, 10:49 AM
And you can't compare the price to another country, the comparison would have to be relative to our competitors in the market. Which would be Jays/Argos. In which case, ticket prices are about where they should be. As long as scalpers aren't marking them up like asses anyways. Now, how they ALOCATE the gate revenue on the other hand....

Nuvinho
05-10-2009, 10:52 AM
Flight to France = $900
Useless thread = priceless!!!

:canada:

AL-MO
05-10-2009, 10:54 AM
My ticket in 112 is $25. Not so bad if you ask me.

Although I would agree that overall Sports in the City are over priced.

ForTheReds
05-10-2009, 10:56 AM

move to france.
mmm how hostile :flare::flare::flare:

are you a real ultra?

ForTheReds
05-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Flight to France = $900
Useful thread = priceless!!!

well people are posting in it and making opinions about it so

edited:scarf::flare::drum: Lovin these new smileys Gratz to whoever got that done:flare::flare::flare::flare::flare::flare::fla re:

Carter
05-10-2009, 11:02 AM
My ticket in 112 is $25. Not so bad if you ask me.

Although I would agree that overall Sports in the City are over priced.

Yah mine in 126 are 35 a ticket, i don't think thats too bad either... :rolleyes:

AL-MO
05-10-2009, 11:03 AM

are you a real ultra?

No he is not. So don't bother asking.

rocker
05-10-2009, 11:08 AM

are you a real ultra?

I'm trying to comprehend what ticket price concerns have to do with being ultra??? ;)

Look at it this way: in France or whatever you'd be spending thousands per year on flares and smoke bombs, adding to the cost of your ticket.

TFC saves you on flare/smoke bomb expenses.

AL-MO
05-10-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm trying to comprehend what ticket price concerns have to do with being ultra??? ;)

Look at it this way: in France or whatever you'd be spending thousands per year on flares and smoke bombs, adding to the cost of your ticket.

TFC saves you on flare/smoke bomb expenses.

But if you are paying such a high ticket price you don't have money for all of the other party favours. ;)

TheRenter
05-10-2009, 11:19 AM
so you got an account to post more incoherent drivel!?

well done, now piss off attention-whore newbie

TFC OZZ
05-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Alright lets just relax here... No matter what way you look at it he brings up a valid point, although he says we are being majorly ripped off right now, which i somewhat disagree with, I could see ticket prices consistently increase which should be a concern for all supporters in the future.

My question is, can we expect stability in ticket prices in the near future, or are we going to constantly see small increases?

rocker
05-10-2009, 11:21 AM
But if you are paying such a high ticket price you don't have money for all of the other party favours. ;)

well since they are banned, it's irrelevant ;)
personally i think south end is pretty cheap, to be honest.
I pay like 3 times as much per seat than some of you and I don't start threads to complain.
Also, all those people who travel seem to have extra $$$ to spend visiting foreign countries to follow TFC, so they ain't in the poorhouse ;)

Laurignano
05-10-2009, 11:24 AM
He does got a point. I mean the supporters have much more control over in Europe and South America. They would not stand for being pushed around and charged more. I think if MLSE wanted to continuously raise the ticket prices we should let them know that that is not something we as supporters will stand for. We will see what happens coming season renewal though. One thing that ALWAYS got me was the price of a new jersey here......why is it so expensive? lol In Europe, matter of fact, even in Canada, I can buy jerseys from other clubs for much cheaper lol.

BRed
05-10-2009, 11:30 AM

move to france.

Don't act like an American...you live in Canada, you have a mind of your own, so use it.

RealG-TFC
05-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Alright lets just relax here... No matter what way you look at it he brings up a valid point, although he says we are being majorly ripped off right now, which i somewhat disagree with, I could see ticket prices consistently increase which should be a concern for all supporters in the future.

My question is, can we expect stability in ticket prices in the near future, or are we going to constantly see small increases?

100% agree.

Kevvv
05-10-2009, 12:01 PM
What the hell is futbol?

Suds
05-10-2009, 12:05 PM

MLSE will increase prices to what they think the market will bare. They will go up consistently until they start hearing from fans saying they are not renewing because it is getting too expensive.

They are going to sell their product at the highest possible price to maximize revenue. Business 101.

Suds
05-10-2009, 12:07 PM
What the hell is futbol?

Spanish for football I believe ... but I know what you're getting at ;)

Oor Wullie
05-10-2009, 02:16 PM
so you got an account to post more incoherent drivel!?

well done, now piss off attention-whore newbie
+1 Montreal troll or is it Kenny again?:rolleyes:

billygrieveuk
05-10-2009, 09:05 PM
$320 for 17 games.... how is that a rip off?

and sparklers? come on,
that clip sounds like its from a honduran gay pride rally.
(not that theres anything wrong with that)

james
05-10-2009, 09:06 PM
i think ticket pprices are ok right now...but if they keep rising then yes they are over priced.

But it also often depends what teams and country you are in Europe. Some stadiums in England are rediculous prices. Im pretty sure the tickets to see Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are like Leaf prices.

Jack
05-10-2009, 09:12 PM
If ticket prices keep rising, we'll deal with it at the time. They are good right now and about right.

If they try to go too much further, then they will be in for an unpleasant reaction from a lot of people.

Parkdale
05-10-2009, 09:15 PM
it's still the best bang for the buck in the City.

why do people always compare us to something we can never be? seems pointless to me.

MrHawk
05-10-2009, 09:18 PM
If ticket prices keep rising, we'll deal with it at the time. They are good right now and about right.

If they try to go too much further, then they will be in for an unpleasant reaction from a lot of people.

The current beld of STH's will leave, while the 14K remaining scoop them up?

Cashcleaner
05-11-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm content thus far with the price I pay for my season tickets, but there is no doubt in my mind that prices will be increasing as the current level of demand for tickets continues. I'm not sure exactly when my breaking point will come, but for myself and others, it may be sooner than we'd like.

Like Jack said though, we have other options than simply refusing to renew. We're not at that stage yet, but I imagine ideas have been kicked around with regards to a concerted response to the club.

sweetlemon69
05-11-2009, 06:42 AM
really wish we could link some audio to the 'your not real fans' bit. i payed 150 euro for a quality seat in camp nou vs mallorca which is the cheapest it gets there. Running a team isn't cheap. It's not like mlse is racking in tens of millions yet to consider dropping prices.

nfitz
05-11-2009, 06:45 AM
$320 for 17 games.... how is that a rip off?19 games ... sounds like you got ripped off a couple of tickets! :)

Not sure what the original poster is whining about ...

Chevy
05-11-2009, 06:53 AM

move to france.

Or spend $20 g's on leafs seasons.

Mark in Ottawa
05-11-2009, 07:24 AM
Compare the prices of various entertainment offerings and the value that you get from each. Compared to the cost of movies or live entertainment of other sorts I think that $25 to $35 isn't so bad.

drewski
05-11-2009, 07:40 AM
Compare the prices of various entertainment offerings and the value that you get from each. Compared to the cost of movies or live entertainment of other sorts I think that $25 to $35 isn't so bad.

+1

if we're gonna bitch about something, it should be the ridiculously overpriced beer

Fort York Redcoat
05-11-2009, 08:12 AM
What's the unemployment rate in France right now? May help to compare more than just prices of le foot to grasp the reasoning behind pricing.

boban
05-11-2009, 09:19 AM
really wish we could link some audio to the 'your not real fans' bit. i payed 150 euro for a quality seat in camp nou vs mallorca which is the cheapest it gets there. Running a team isn't cheap. It's not like mlse is racking in tens of millions yet to consider dropping prices.
Bit of a contradiction there?
You can get tickets for $60 Euros to Nou Comp.
But then again we are talking about Barca, not low level 2nd division.

torontocelt
05-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Some supporters pay about $1000 or even more for their season ticket, it is very difficult to justify that kind of money to see a team the calibre of Toronto FC. For those paying $400 or less then of course you will be happy but that is way below what some others pay, perhaps this is what the original poster is making reference to? For what it is worth there is no way in the world I would spend $1000 on a season ticket for TFC, in my opinion that is not value for what you see on the pitch, not by a long shot.