PDA

View Full Version : We need grass and we need it next season.

SoccMan
05-09-2009, 07:40 PM
Watching this D.C. game tonight I now realize how badly we need grass. The game plays so much differently on grass, is so much better to watch. MLSE if you are listening pay the city of Toronto whatever you have to pay and get grass in BMO for next season. You have made money so far on soccer something you probably never thought was possible even though you bought into an MLS franchise for Toronto. The fans have come out these past three seasons, we deserve to be rewarded by putting grass in BMO for next sesason. I will go on record to state that if you don't promise the fans that you will be putting grasss in BMO before next seasons season ticket renewals drive begins you will be lucky if 8,000 or even less people renew their season's tickets for next year. I'm starting to sense that the season's ticket holders want change, they want to see that you are doing something with the money you have made from us. Mark my word the honey moon is over, put grass in BMO.

MartinUtd
05-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Just imagine what it'll be like when we play a CONCACAF game at the skydome...yikes!

loconet
05-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Yup, the ball has a much "natural" bounce on grass, you can totally see the difference.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Watching this D.C. game tonight I now realize how badly we need grass. The game plays so much differently on grass, is so much better to watch. MLSE if you are listening pay the city of Toronto whatever you have to pay and get grass in BMO for next season. You have made money so far on soccer something you probably never thought was possible even though you bought into an MLS franchise for Toronto. The fans have come out these past three seasons, we deserve to be rewarded by putting grass in BMO for next sesason. I will go on record to state that if you don't promise the fans that you will be putting grasss in BMO before next seasons season ticket renewals drive begins you will be lucky if 8,000 or even less people renew their season's tickets for next year. I'm starting to sense that the season's ticket holders want change, they want to see that you are doing something with the money you have made from us. Mark my word the honey moon is over, put grass in BMO.

fairweather fans disappear cause no grass at BMO...get a grip talk to the toronto city council about grass, not mlse its out of their hands, i will renew if field turf is still their....support the team not the surface..

TFC Cityboy
05-09-2009, 08:45 PM
fucked by that twat Toledo again

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-09-2009, 08:52 PM
fucked by that twat Toledo again

if the play was reversed and the ball hit a DC players in their box..would you have wanted a penalty? It was unfortunate, but a point on the road
is ok...:scarf:

ringoquads
05-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Much agreed, grass makes all the difference in the world.
That's why some MLS games played on Turf look like players have all the control over the ball as the averege 15 year old boys club ;)

Up The TFC
05-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I feel you, thread-starter.

The ball just bounces around like crazy at BMO. Grass lets the players play. Someone like Guevara would have way more influence on the game if the ball stayed on the floor more.

dantdot
05-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Grass should be a priority, the trampoline ball we see at BMO can barely be called football.

Cas87
05-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Grass I think is the thing needed to push TFC to the next level, you never know if we get grass Barrett and Vitti might get some finishing prowess

ilikemusic
05-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Watching football at BMO is like a test of endurance. It is just so dam frustrating to watch.

Every player on that pitch has their ability and their creativity stunted almost entirely.

It's like they just pass the ball around just hanging on for dear life praying that their ball takes a true bounce and hoping a ball squeaks out in a good offensive area or someone sends in a nice cross.

It really is an abomination to the beautiful game.

Nerepis
05-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Field turf = abomination

MisterMacphisto
05-09-2009, 10:02 PM
DeRo + Grass = :)

Marc"2L"
05-09-2009, 10:04 PM
I highly suggest MLSE speed up whatever plan is being drawn up.

AL-MO
05-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Its in the works. FACT (as BC would say :))

Everyone knows why we need grass, and yes it was apparent tonight. I don't understand the constant need to discuss it at this point.

Nerepis
05-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Everyone knows why we need grass, and yes it was apparent tonight. I don't understand the constant need to discuss it at this point.

Because football is a game of deprivation, and as supports of our team we are helpless, everything is out of our control. Cheering and discussing is all we have. (well... and maybe bitching.) ;)

AL-MO
05-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Because football is a game of deprivation, and as supports of our team we are helpless, everything is out of our control. Cheering and discussing is all we have. (well... and maybe bitching.) ;)

Fair enough! :lol:

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Field turf = abomination

No field turf=no stadium= no TFC the grass will come it just may take awhile

Nerepis
05-09-2009, 10:32 PM
No field turf=no stadium= no TFC the grass will come it just may take awhile

I'm a patient man, I once waited 824 minutes (between goals} to see my team score.

Super
05-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Grass is coming, people. For now it's being bounced around between MLSE, the city and the province. I really, honestly think we'll see grass at BMO next season. Trust me, they want it too.

Also, this is not a matter of anyone putting up the cash. It's already there from the Edu sale. The majority of the money from the Edu sale is earmarket towards improving the club - be it putting in grass or building a training facility or whatever. The club knows they MUST put in grass to win the hearts and minds of true football supporters who like lovers of good wine or food would never accept second rate for very long. It's time. Season 4 will have grass at BMO - count on it!

Pookie
05-10-2009, 07:47 AM
The club knows they MUST put in grass to win the hearts and minds of true football supporters who like lovers of good wine or food would never accept second rate for very long. It's time. Season 4 will have grass at BMO - count on it!

It's more than just wanting to win the hearts and minds, it's wanting to earn more money.

That FIFA U20 event earned the city over $900,000 which is what they made off Toronto FC in one year. (from the Globe and Mail).

Grass would attract more high profile national events and is necessary to compete with Saputo.

bhoybobby
05-10-2009, 12:17 PM
Doesn't seem to bother the guy that scores at the Red Bulls, shouldn't be an issue for good players. Grass would be preferable, but we all know why it's not here.Until mlse owns the stadium, it's not just their call.

rocker
05-10-2009, 01:04 PM
the stadium's been open only a total of 2 full years,

patience, my children, patience.

BRed
05-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I've played soccer on both surfaces. I don't know if anyone knows the hangar indoor soccer league at Downsview. Everytime I play on that surface (which is like BMO) the ball takes off, it screws up everything you have learned since you were a kid, all those little instincts and timing. Also your foot movement and speed are messed up. Anytime I play on grass, everything comes together and I enjoy the game like a little kid. Turf and soccer just DO NOT MIX. TFC would do alot better on grass.

By the way, not showing up to games in protest is not a bad idea, it doesn't mean you love your team any less. If anything it means you are sacrificing for the better of the team. Imagine a whole game or two without any of the supporters there, I think they will get the point.

GuelphStorm2007
05-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Fieldturf technology is still new, Maybe advancements can be made in fieldturf. But I would rather see Grass any day.

Redcoe15
05-10-2009, 01:29 PM
GRASS, DUDE! MAKE IT SO!
:stogey:

james
05-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I've played soccer on both surfaces. I don't know if anyone knows the hangar indoor soccer league at Downsview. Everytime I play on that surface (which is like BMO) the ball takes off, it screws up everything you have learned since you were a kid, all those little instincts and timing. Also your foot movement and speed are messed up. Anytime I play on grass, everything comes together and I enjoy the game like a little kid. Turf and soccer just DO NOT MIX. TFC would do alot better on grass.

By the way, not showing up to games in protest is not a bad idea, it doesn't mean you love your team any less. If anything it means you are sacrificing for the better of the team. Imagine a whole game or two without any of the supporters there, I think they will get the point.

we arent organized enough to get the whole crowd to not show up. At the All star game we said we were all gonna sit down to keep argos out, and that totally didnt work.

Inswingingwingman
05-10-2009, 09:41 PM
And all those poor South Amerians, Europeans etc. learned footy on perfect grass pitches, green like the fairways at the Masters, not an anthill or weed in sight.

Dream world that lads.

They learned on bumpy dusty fields, or in the cobblestone streets, on corner lots full of trash. Get a grip.

I put 50 bucks right now on the fact that if grass grows there and the weather goes south for 2 weeks someone here will moan groan threaten to not renew, and cry like a baby about the conditions.

The fact is that once you start to make good money you can turn into a crybaby and demand this and that. At the end of the day you use what you have to your advantage.

billyfly
05-10-2009, 10:57 PM
As per Brooker from the Tamil Protest Thread:

"gentlemen.... i think i know how we can finally get grass at BMO Field...."

Inswingingwingman
05-11-2009, 07:18 AM
lots of grass at Caribana...

Erkan16
05-11-2009, 11:48 AM
field turf is the definition of laziness.

stick the grass in there and maintain it.