PDA

View Full Version : Falcao Garcia a realistic Dp Finishing Solution

ForTheReds
05-09-2009, 11:39 AM
Hello everyone! as we all know we have one missing peice on our team. It is someone with the finishing touch. Sure Barett works hard and all but lets face it he cant finish. Dichio still has it but , he is old and slow. We need a pure finisher. And taking reality into account i think that Falcao Garcia would be a perfect fit on TFC. as a Spanish speaker he would work perfect with Guevara and Vitti ! Imagine a 4-3-3 with him and vitti up front and barett in the diamond config.
---Vitti----------Falcao---
---------Barrett----------

Barret is quick and has good through ball capabilities. Vitti is magic with his feet he can beat anyone in this league easy. Now imagine if we had Falcao who has the "one tap" genious. He is a class finisher.

PKRbTCxdQJA

Yohan
05-09-2009, 11:42 AM
So, exactly how you think TFC can acquire Falcao?

Do think in realistic terms, please

InTheCrowd
05-09-2009, 11:49 AM
If he was a lot older we wouldn't have trouble acquiring him. Unfortunately I don't see him wanting to come to the MLS to play on a plastic pitch during a very important time in his career while he's still young.

ForTheReds
05-09-2009, 11:59 AM
So, exactly how you think TFC can acquire Falcao?

Do think in realistic terms, please

Well Falcao is playing for River , Money is an incentive. First we need to clear some cap space. That means getting rid of players who take it up. IE. Sutton , Ricketts , Ibrahim. Now our MF is tight with cronin making Ricketts expendable. and Ibrahim is too with the acquisition of White. Sutton is older and makes a high salary. With these 3 players gone we would make the 400k + we would get roughly 250k to go towards other players salaries.Also the reirement of dichio would add to that total.

without those 3 and if we signed falcao our lineup would look like this!
a vicious 4-3-3 with barett slightly behind Vitti & falcao

----------Vitti---Falcao-------
-------------Barrett------------
----DeRo---Robinson--Guevara--
Brennan-Velez-Serioux-Attakora
--------------Frei--------------

Subs:
White (S)
Dichio(S) <-Mite Retire.
Cronin (mf)
Harmse (Mf-D)
Gala (Mf-d)
wynne (D)<--- Possible Trade
Edwards (gk)

I like that bench....... Solid back-ups

ForTheReds
05-09-2009, 11:59 AM
If he was a lot older we wouldn't have trouble acquiring him. Unfortunately I don't see him wanting to come to the MLS to play on a plastic pitch during a very important time in his career while he's still young.

Grass is comming to BMO.. ;):scarf:

InTheCrowd
05-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Well Falcao is playing for River , Money is an incentive. First we need to clear some cap space. That means getting rid of players who take it up. IE. Sutton , Ricketts , Ibrahim. Now our MF is tight with cronin making Ricketts expendable. and Ibrahim is too with the acquisition of White. Sutton is older and makes a high salary. With these 3 players gone we would make the 400k + we would get roughly 250k to go towards other players salaries.Also the reirement of dichio would add to that total.

Subs:
White (S)
Dichio(S) <-Mite Retire.
Cronin (mf)
Harmse (Mf-D)
Gala (Mf-d)
Edwards (gk)

That doesn't change the fact that he wouldn't want to come though. He's not going to ruin his career when he can get more money than we offer from a top European club.

ForTheReds
05-09-2009, 12:08 PM
That doesn't change the fact that he wouldn't want to come though. He's not going to ruin his career when he can get more money than we offer from a top European club.

But he isint being offered big cash from a euro club..... that is my whole point . we offer him the big $$ why would he ruin his career here?? I supect TFC would be his step to the big euro career, Remember edu?? That is a perfect example of why he would play here. We would sign him on $$ for a few years then he would be in europe..... Get us a Club world cup trophy along the way ;):scarf:

ps. why would he not want to come here? IE. if we had grass and cash to pay him.....?????

InTheCrowd
05-09-2009, 12:17 PM
But he isint being offered big cash from a euro club..... that is my whole point . we offer him the big $$ why would he ruin his career here?? I supect TFC would be his step to the big euro career, Remember edu?? That is a perfect example of why he would play here. We would sign him on $$ for a few years then he would be in europe..... Get us a Club world cup trophy along the way ;):scarf:

ps. why would he not want to come here? IE. if we had grass and cash to pay him.....?????

Mate, are you playing with me now? There are European clubs watching him. I don't know Falcao's current salary, but I'm sure that it's more than what we'll pay him. Are you seriously saying TFC is the step to a big Euro career? Do you think most European clubs scout through South America or North America. Of course he'd have a much bigger chance of making it to Europe down in River. We've sold 1 player to a decent European league, we're are DEFINITELY a step down. Do you want me to make a list of players making it to Europe from River? I can't believe you could even come up with the idea of Toronto FC being a step towards Europe. So it's not a perfect example of why he'd want to play here.

P.S - Almost every club in the world has grass, it's nothing special. We'd pay him, but do you think he's not getting paid right now and do you think out of all the clubs interested in him he'd chose us.

I'm sorry I don't want to make this a big thing but in the title you say realistic and this is VERY unrealistic.

RealG-TFC
05-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Fredy Montero

ForTheReds
05-09-2009, 12:30 PM
Mate, are you playing with me now? There are European clubs watching him. I don't know Falcao's current salary, but I'm sure that it's more than what we'll pay him. Are you seriously saying TFC is the step to a big Euro career? Do you think most European clubs scout through South America or North America. Of course he'd have a much bigger chance of making it to Europe down in River. We've sold 1 player to a decent European league, we're are DEFINITELY a step down. Do you want me to make a list of players making it to Europe from River? I can't believe you could even come up with the idea of Toronto FC being a step towards Europe. So it's not a perfect example of why he'd want to play here.

P.S - Almost every club in the world has grass, it's nothing special. We'd pay him, but do you think he's not getting paid right now and do you think out of all the clubs interested in him he'd chose us.

I'm sorry I don't want to make this a big thing but in the title you say realistic and this is VERY unrealistic.

Yes but i that is why differing opinions are good for debate :)
His strike rate is nothing of genius, that why we would have a chance :rolleyes:

work with me here :drum::scarf::flare: I see your point! But Euro clubs scout everywhere? why would this be different?

Mlse has cash? Yes Im sure that is something he might be interested in ....
You would be surprised how Small latin american salaries are....... PLus he would be paid in USD? no?

ben_vw
05-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Well Falcao is playing for River , Money is an incentive. First we need to clear some cap space. That means getting rid of players who take it up. IE. Sutton , Ricketts , Ibrahim. Now our MF is tight with cronin making Ricketts expendable. and Ibrahim is too with the acquisition of White.

Are you aware that Ibrahim is GA and doesn't take up any cap space?

Calvin
05-09-2009, 12:33 PM
And taking reality into account i think that Falcao Garcia would be a perfect fit on TFC. as a Spanish speaker he would work perfect with Guevara and Vitti !

with that logic i would be a perfect fit on TFC because DeRo, Robbo and I speak english!

ForTheReds
05-09-2009, 12:35 PM
with that logic i would be a perfect fit on TFC because DeRo, Robbo and I speak english!

Robbo is a d- mf link ....... I think DeRO does actually whats your point??

ForTheReds
05-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Are you aware that Ibrahim is GA and doesn't take up any cap space?
yeah well thats still 100k towards other salaries... what about Johan smith... would anyone want him.....

InTheCrowd
05-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Yes but i that is why differing opinions are good for debate :)
His strike rate is nothing of genius, that why we would have a chance :rolleyes:

work with me here :drum::scarf::flare: I see your point! But Euro clubs scout everywhere? why would this be different?

Mlse has cash? Yes Im sure that is something he might be interested in ....
You would be surprised how Small latin american salaries are....... PLus he would be paid in USD? no?

Euro Clubs do scout everywhere, but where do the successful players come from? I want you to please look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:River_Plate_footballers

Other clubs would pay him more than we would.

ensco
05-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Oh sure.

River's best striker, a 22 year old, is going to play next in ..... Canada.

As the old ladies used to say when they took their tea: "It is of an imbecility not to be credited."

Calvin
05-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Robbo is a d- mf link ....... I think DeRO does actually whats your point??

wow clearly youre not too bright. ok you say "he would be a perfect fit" your reason is "because he and 2 other people play spanish" with nothing to refer to his playing style or anything. if the fact that you speak the same language as 2 of your teammates is sufficient to make you a "perfect fit" then I, an english speaker would fit in beyond perfectly with our english majority team.

Yohan
05-09-2009, 01:22 PM
MLS can't afford Falcao's transfer fee

unless you can get a player on loan (and that gets a bit tricky too), don't think we're going to get a DP unless that player's contract is about to expire, or willing to negotiate a mutual termination of contract with his parent club

VPjr
05-09-2009, 03:52 PM
ForTheReds...I like your ambition but I think we have a better shot of getting the original Falcao than we do of getting Garcia out of River Plate.

I'm not sure if you follow Argentine footy much but last year, River turned down somehwere between 10-15 million euro for Falcao Garcia from one of the Milans (can't remember if it was AC or Inter).

Now that he's getting regular call-ups to Colombia's MNT, his price is going to go even higher. River is not a poor club. They wouldn't mind cashing a 20 million euro cheque but they're not in a rush, not while he plays so well for them.

He'll be in Europe very soon I suspect. Alot will depend on how River performs in the current Clausura tournament.

the only thing that might keep in Argentina for a little longer is a) he might want to stay close to home for 1 more season to be able to be of maximum benefit to Colombia in their 2010 WC run and b) the global recession means that teams might be a little hesitant to fork out 20 million + euro to a guy who blew out his knee a couple of years back.

ensco
05-09-2009, 04:06 PM
^VPjr, it's not just the price, it's about the player and his ambitions too. No matter how much you paid him, how on earth could you ever convince a Falcao to put aside the dream of playing for a Barcelona/Arsenal/Bayern type team? Even if MLSE were to pony up (they wouldn't in 9 billion years), I'm sure Falcao would choose to stay at River, for less money.

VPjr
05-09-2009, 04:35 PM
^VPjr, it's not just the price, it's about the player and his ambitions too. No matter how much you paid him, how on earth could you ever convince a Falcao to put aside the dream of playing for a Barcelona/Arsenal/Bayern type team? Even if MLSE were to pony up (they wouldn't in 9 billion years), I'm sure Falcao would choose to stay at River, for less money.

Of course you are 100% right. Not in a million years would a star player in his early to mid 20s playing in the Argentine Primera choose to come to MLS.

jrey
05-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Didn't someone request logic on this one? If that's the case, it should have been closed long ago.

I love how we finally get decent depth on the bench (Ricketts, Sutts, Ibrahim) after two seasons of serious bench issues and now those players are expendable.

Re: Falcao coming to TFC -- Football Manager isn't anything like real life, no matter how much you want it to be.

Fushida
05-09-2009, 05:16 PM

Subs:
White (S)
Dichio(S) <-Mite Retire.
Cronin (mf)
Harmse (Mf-D)
Gala (Mf-d)
Edwards (gk)

When we finally get decent depth on the bench, you want to get rid of half of it? And I really don't get the Barret #10 position... esp. with Guevara and De Ro... you've been pushing it pretty hard but how many slick balls has Barrett provided lately? :rolleyes:

Besides... you've seen how others think about the likeliness of this happening. Even if the kid wants more money, it doesn't mean we can afford that transfer fee (remember MLS doesn't do transfer fees)

jloome
05-10-2009, 01:32 AM

For the same reason Fredy Montero went to Seattle instead of one of the handful of Liga team that were after him: to showcase himself for one year and up the ante in a league where he'll look like a million bucks.

Then again, who knows what interesting backroom shenanigans went on with that deal to get Montero to the pnw.

ua-kozak_TFC
05-10-2009, 08:31 AM
DEFINETLY NOT a realistic solution... Why? For once falcao is in one of the best leagues in SA which is highly dinamic and comparable to europian level... Hence He;s on the Radar FOR MANY European Clubs... that was no the case for Montero. Although ripped it in colombia a league that is now thought highly of around the world... brazil and argentina are the leagues that produce the most players...

I don;t see why Falcao would leave River Plate arguable one of the best clubs in the world (although is strugling a bit at the moment)... for Toronto FC... far FAR FAR away from one of the best clubs in the world...

I don;t see an ammount of money that toronto could give to bring him here e ven if it outbits the otehr european clubs (i am guessing that his transfer would be valuable at just over 10 mill...) Plus a fat salary... There is no way MLSE would go for that. And even if they do, he wouldn;t accept it, he wants to play in Europe.... (And dpoesn;t need to be on the radar for European clubs as Montero since he already is...and the only reason why he hasn;t left yet is because River doesn;t want to let him go...)

ensco
05-10-2009, 08:33 AM
For the same reason Fredy Montero went to Seattle instead of one of the handful of Liga team that were after him: to showcase himself for one year and up the ante in a league where he'll look like a million bucks.

Then again, who knows what interesting backroom shenanigans went on with that deal to get Montero to the pnw.

Montero is different. He's not a featured Colombian MNT player (although I know he has been called). Deportivo Cali is not in the same galaxy as River.

Why he came here is a mystery to me, though. Where is the MLS history of "showcasing" anyone? Most MLS transfers to Europe have been busts. I didn't know about the Spanish interest (it's no surprise, I guess) in Montero. I would have thought his most logical next move from Cali was to Argentina or Mexico.

billygrieveuk
05-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I believe Toronto FC actually hired people to handle this kinda stuff for us guys....let them do their job, they haven't done a bad job so far. (except for tha c**t Ruiz)

My suggestion, stop trading these players to your PS3 TFC team,
and believing it might happen in real life.
;)

ForTheReds
05-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Montero is different. He's not a featured Colombian MNT player (although I know he has been called). Deportivo Cali is not in the same galaxy as River.

Why he came here is a mystery to me, though. Where is the MLS history of "showcasing" anyone? Most MLS transfers to Europe have been busts. I didn't know about the Spanish interest (it's no surprise, I guess) in Montero. I would have thought his most logical next move from Cali was to Argentina or Mexico.

Mexico? Honestly?? Colombian Futbol is above mexico . and honestly apart from river & boca argentina really doesnt have much on Colombian futbol.......... Teams like Millonarios, Nacional, once caldas...< they even won the CWC in what 2003? Just most people from up here dont follow SA club futbol too closely.....:flare:

trane
05-10-2009, 11:23 AM

Subs:
White (S)
Dichio(S) <-Mite Retire.
Cronin (mf)
Harmse (Mf-D)
Gala (Mf-d)
Edwards (gk)

Both your vision realy on Barret either playing as a target man or as the playmaker, neither of which he seems best suited for.

ag futbol
05-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Mexico? Honestly?? Colombian Futbol is above mexico . and honestly apart from river & boca argentina really doesnt have much on Colombian futbol.......... Teams like Millonarios, Nacional, once caldas...< they even won the CWC in what 2003? Just most people from up here dont follow SA club futbol too closely.....:flare:
Honestly he's not that far off. Regardless of what you might think of Mexican Football compared to Columbia, you can't compare their budgets. Mexico has the most financially strong league in the hemisphere. It's not like anyone bypasses a strong euro offer to go there, but plenty of talented players from South America head up there to play for good money.

I'd also say considering a team like River can finish near the bottom of the table in one Apertura or Clausura it suggests Argentine football isn't all the big two.

ua-kozak_TFC
05-10-2009, 12:31 PM
yea you are way off my friend on two points.
1)The soccer league in Mexico>>>Colombia. Marketing wise and buzz wise exico is much more comparable to Argentina and Brasil than is COlombia (that doesn;t mean that COlombian teams on the field much infirior to mexican teams) the pedigree of the league is just better...

2)Aside from Boca River Argntina has nothing??? Are you kidding me...? have you been following argentinian soccer lately... It;s not liek 10 years ago where these giants were running the show... Now there are lot of good teams even in the low end like Lanus, Veles, Estudiantes, Arsenal de sarandi(at times). Sanlorenzo etc. the league is much more leveled now...

ensco
05-10-2009, 01:38 PM

Honestly, you've got to be kidding. A Colombian team may beat anyone in the world on the day, but comparing the leagues, what you are saying is a joke. When Barnsley beat Chelsea, it didn't mean Barnsley were actually better than Chelsea.

I mean, come on. Here are just a sample of some Colombian players who went to Europe via Mexico, Argentina or Brazil.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Yepes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josimar_Mosquera
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Carlos_Toja
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugo_Rodallega
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Cordoba
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Rivas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Amaranto_Perea
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Quintero (hasn't moved to Europe yet, will this summer)