PDA

View Full Version : O'Brian nearly there?

Big Bruva
05-07-2009, 12:28 AM
I was talking to O'Brian in the family room before the match and i asked how the knee was, he let me know its getting there and is hoping next month his debut will come.

JDG
05-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Good to hear. I kind of expected him next month, but very good to hear he's progressing well.

FluSH
05-07-2009, 05:47 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

T_Mizz
05-07-2009, 06:13 AM
^what he said

InTheCrowd
05-07-2009, 06:48 AM
Good to hear. :)

Ossington Mental Youth
05-07-2009, 06:49 AM
nice, im pretty psyched to see what this cat can do

CretanBull
05-07-2009, 07:13 AM
I really want to see what he can do, but I also hope that he doesn't rush back...we're scoring goals and winning games now. I'd rather he take his time and not risk having a career or reocurring knee problems.

Fort York Redcoat
05-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Yeah lets use him sparingly over the summer and see what comes of it.

Velvet Elvis
05-07-2009, 07:29 AM
The family room ?

Nuvinho
05-07-2009, 07:45 AM
The family room ?

For the players families.....so their kids can play.

poppamidnight
05-07-2009, 11:21 AM
Whoa next month?
I'll assume late next month, since early would mean it's more a conditioning aspect (afterall doesn't he need time in the recovery process to 'strengthen' the knee?)

Good to hear... I'm really high on this guy, (and subsequently still worried about Barrett - magnified by last night).

On a side note, BB, were you in section 125 last night?
I thought I saw you with some of your buddies in my row, although it didn't click till later (could be wrong).
I think i was in the team/family seating section. I was talking to Frei's gf beside me, and Amado's wife + daughter were in front of me, along with Velez's gf?...so it would make sense if it was you.

Oldtimer
05-07-2009, 11:35 AM
It will be interesting to see him play.
If he's as good as Mo's other draft picks, I would expect to see Barrett on the bench starting next month.

billyfly
05-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Can he score 1 goal for every 10 chances cuz we don't have that on this team now...

VPjr
05-07-2009, 11:42 AM
nice to hear he's close to coming back to full health but somehow, I doubt we'll see much from White this season and I sincerely doubt he'll be an impact player for at least 1-2 years.

Big Bruva
05-07-2009, 11:51 AM
Whoa next month?
I'll assume late next month, since early would mean it's more a conditioning aspect (afterall doesn't he need time in the recovery process to 'strengthen' the knee?)

Good to hear... I'm really high on this guy, (and subsequently still worried about Barrett - magnified by last night).

I thought I saw you with some of your buddies in my row, although it didn't click till later (could be wrong).
I think i was in the team/family seating section. I was talking to Frei's gf beside me, and Amado's wife + daughter were in front of me, along with Velez's gf?...so it would make sense if it was you.

lol the one time i don't sit there.

Ya i sit in 125 every home game with the families lol but for last nights match i sat on the other side of the stadium for the first time as i got a ticket from a mate.

I was with Amado's wife, child, Marco's wife, Frei's girlfriend, Jimmy's mum, dad and child in the family room before the match and actually after.

Its funny watching the players prepare before the games and watching the serious looks on people like Cummins etc lol then watching the reactions after a win or a loss after the matches.

InTheCrowd
05-07-2009, 05:03 PM
Can you just like........ walk into the family room?

James Oliphant
05-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Can you just like........ walk into the family room?

You can try it. Just like you can try just like....walking into the dressing room.

:p

TFCREDNWHITE
05-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Whoa next month?

Is frei's G/F hot??? I imagine her to be really hot for some reason!?

InTheCrowd
05-07-2009, 05:52 PM
You can try it. Just like you can try just like....walking into the dressing room.

Just wondering lol. How did Big Bruva get it?

Pigfynn
05-07-2009, 05:53 PM
he is Rohan's cousin

Ratven
05-07-2009, 05:57 PM
!?!?!?!?!

:D

InTheCrowd
05-07-2009, 06:03 PM
he is Rohan's cousin

Thanks.

Pigfynn
05-07-2009, 06:05 PM
!?!?!?!?!

:D

what? is it a secret?

i don't think it is.

kdzb
05-07-2009, 07:55 PM
I wish O'Brian will be consistant in scoring goals, that way he will put the fire on Barrett's ass.

poppamidnight
05-07-2009, 09:12 PM
I wish O'Brian will be consistant in scoring goals, that way he will put the fire on Barrett's ass.

The thing is - they've stuck with Barrett this long, never giving anyone else a chance...
...so what say's they give OBW a chance?

Don't get me wrong, I believe he should get the chance,

Just saying...

I mean c'mon, things are quiet on the Barrett front as long as we put up W's....
....the problem is, he's still having the problem's,
and we're still in tight games.....

as the saying goes...play with fire, and your bound to get burned

I'm not gunna touch on players personal/family stuff...
... I will say we did discuss his European ambitions...
...so for all those "Get rid of a goalie" posters, you might want to bite your tongue

Redcoe15
05-07-2009, 09:25 PM
He can't come soon enough!

TFC07
05-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Has anybody here actually watch White play before? If so, can you please describe his game (both his strengths and weaknesses) to me.

hodgkiss
05-07-2009, 09:55 PM
not very good quality video but it gives u a little look at what he can do.
seems like he can hit the target anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il28boGYHa0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zwU2nhal8M

poppamidnight
05-07-2009, 10:04 PM
not very good quality video but it gives u a little look at what he can do.
seems like he can hit the target anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il28boGYHa0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zwU2nhal8M

Man, this is UConn??? I thought it was jr. high

They need to seriously, beef up your athletic funding... My friggen High-School taped football games better quality than that.

Especially if you charge in-state students 10 g's (out of state almost 25g's)

...and who says the CIS is poor-ass?

But ya didn't show alot... I loved the precision on that first clip

EastYork
05-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Average. She is short in stature and a brunette.

Big Bruva
05-08-2009, 11:15 AM

If your Manny Pacqua (sp), Tyson, Kimbo Slice or anyone security don't feel like taking on lol

CanadaLFC
05-08-2009, 11:17 AM
It's times like these, I wish we had a reserve league still. It lets the club ease players back into the first team if they are coming off of injury.

Big Bruva
05-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Has anybody here actually watch White play before? If so, can you please describe his game (both his strengths and weaknesses) to me.

Yeah i used to play against him and mark him, can be very creative and i would say he is a better out and out finisher than Chad.

Big Bruva
05-08-2009, 11:19 AM
It's times like these, I wish we had a reserve league still. It lets the club ease players back into the first team if they are coming off of injury.

Exactly and it keeps the players on the bench match fit so they are more ready when called upon for the first team.