PDA

View Full Version : LAG == Embarrasment to the League.

Dub Narcotic
05-31-2008, 04:13 PM
What else is there to say? MLS, a league that is trying to sell itself, can't have this bullshit where one team just doesn't show up because a few of its players aren't available. That was the worst team I've ever seen play TFC.

Pearce321
05-31-2008, 04:56 PM
they can't be more shite then the redbulls :P

NateDoGG
05-31-2008, 05:02 PM
la are the worst team in the league without landy and becks

Broadview
05-31-2008, 05:04 PM
If you think about the Galaxy roster, you take away the top three players and their wages, you basically have a high paid USL team.

$1.2 million of a $2.2 million cap in Donovan, Becks and Ruiz...pluse Xavier must make a small pile and he "doesn't play on turf" :)...and I hear USL team salaries are around $600,000...

You gets what you pay for, I say.

Blixa
05-31-2008, 05:47 PM
How bad is the western conference if these guys are at the top? This is a really bad team.

Nuvinho
05-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Just imagine if England made it to the Euro.......LA would die in June.

themodelcitizen
05-31-2008, 05:58 PM
If you think about the Galaxy roster, you take away the top three players and their wages, you basically have a high paid USL team.

$1.2 million of a $2.2 million cap in Donovan, Becks and Ruiz...pluse Xavier must make a small pile and he "doesn't play on turf" :)...and I hear USL team salaries are around $600,000...

You gets what you pay for, I say.

nail >> head. One of the consequences of the league grandfathering the Ruiz/Donovan salary exemptions means that once LA loses those players along with Becks and to a lesser extent Xavier, they're fucked.

ag futbol
05-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Dude, you had me until you said Xavier, that guy has possibly been the worst defender in MLS this year.

Broadview
05-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Dude, you had me until you said Xavier, that guy has possibly been the worst defender in MLS this year.

I know, I was disappointed when I heard he wouldn't be playing.

The point was he eats up a good chunk of salary leaving little to pay for more decent MLS caliber players.

I was thinking though, it's not like we had a lot of CEO type salaries out there today either. I think the ugly, ugly 1st half was pretty indicative of that.

Stugatzo
05-31-2008, 06:08 PM
Those fuckers didn't even bother getting subs warmed in the second half.
They had planned to throw this game from the start and did a fine job of showing how indifferent they really were. Disgraceful.

Chevy
05-31-2008, 06:15 PM
They had planned to throw this game from the start and did a fine job of showing how indifferent they really were. Disgraceful.

That's a good point. It is a shame that Xavier didn't play today. Cunny would have had five or six.

RYANTFC
05-31-2008, 06:25 PM
That's a good point. It is a shame that Xavier didn't play today. Cunny would have had five or six.

no he would of missed another 5 or 6 and maybe got 1 more

MFBODD
05-31-2008, 06:26 PM
We could have won by like 5 goals today. Hey, I'm glad we got 3 points with so many of our key players out, so I'm not bitching, but I didn't think we'd OWN L.A....even though they have key players out as well. What's with the "I don't play on field turf" shit? A few teams currently play on an artificial surface.

MFBODD
05-31-2008, 06:26 PM
no he would of missed another 5 or 6 and maybe got 1 more

LOL! True!

Marc"2L"
05-31-2008, 06:29 PM
And it won't be long before this same thread makes it's way onto a LA board because we have a pitch invader problem.

ComeonyouReds
05-31-2008, 06:30 PM
I don't think you can say they "threw" the game. I think instead of looking at it as LA playing like shit when missing players we should look at it as how well we play given the situation. Don't get me wrong, LA needs Landon and Beckham but we showed that losing guys to injury and callups isn't going to stop us from dominating at home. TFC was the way better team today thats all.

Broadview
05-31-2008, 06:32 PM
And it won't be long before this same thread makes it's way onto a LA board because we have a pitch invader problem.

Judging by the view count compared to the post count in this thread, I think you're probably right.

trane
05-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Montreal played better, and was better organized that LA today.

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-31-2008, 09:32 PM
Montreal played better, and was better organized that LA today.
OH for sure LA looked losted out there but i don't give a fuck cause we got the win :taz:

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-31-2008, 09:33 PM
LA is not the same with out Becks and landy.....saying that with our top 3-4 guys out our bench players showed that they should be playing more and Carver spoke
highly of the guys that took theoir chances...interesting decision time for Carver,
thats why he gets the big? bucks!!

Kevvv
05-31-2008, 09:40 PM

Or the bench is so light, there was no-one on the bench who could actually help. Like us last year, where Mo looks down the bench and sees Braz and Reda...

bhoybobby
05-31-2008, 11:15 PM
Cunny's an embarrassment to the league, a fuckin has been who wears that silly washed up # on his shirt.

Yeah LAG are shite as well. All though I thought Buddle looked strong on the ball today.

noochie
05-31-2008, 11:24 PM
Cunny's an embarrassment to the league, a fuckin has been who wears that silly washed up # on his shirt.

Yeah LAG are shite as well. All though I thought Buddle looked strong on the ball today.

I think that is a little harsh. No question he has lost a step but an embarrassment? Not sure about that. His timing on his runs are all off, he definitely needs to improve there.

Side note... if you dislike the guy so much, why use an affectionate nickname? ;)

bhoybobby
05-31-2008, 11:31 PM
I think that is a little harsh. No question he has lost a step but an embarrassment? Not sure about that. His timing on his runs are all off, he definitely needs to improve there.

Side note... if you dislike the guy so much, why use an affectionate nickname? ;)

My dislike for him relates only to his playing ability. I watched him closely today, he is pish poor in every area of the game.

That may be harsh, but it's true. He's getting worse, give some young lads a chance, get Cunny outta town for a bag of balls

Oblio2
06-01-2008, 09:55 AM
My dislike for him relates only to his playing ability. I watched him closely today, he is pish poor in every area of the game.

That may be harsh, but it's true. He's getting worse, give some young lads a chance, get Cunny outta town for a bag of balls

Couldn't agree more.
Cunny is terrible.
His timing of runs, if you can even call it that is awful. He cant shoot, He can't dribble, terrible reflexes and no instinct.
He got one goal but should have had about 5...He cannot play the offside properly and just site there waiting for the through ball. Half the time when he gets put through, he mistimes the run, the rest of the time he gets the ball, stops and loses it.
He is the worst striker I have EVER seen. Honestly.
Please Mo, get rid of this pile of crap.....How much is he making? $200K+
Fuck this shit.....We need a striker, not a complete tool up front.

RealG-TFC
06-01-2008, 10:00 AM

Well he's still a player on our team so you should be somewhat supportive, not a complete douche.

rocker
06-01-2008, 10:25 AM
I don't think Cunny is an "embarrassment to the league" but that's typical bhoybobby exaggeration (like in the offseason, he said "Mo is a fuckwit"). ;)

I don't see how a guy who actually scores a goal can be an embarrassment.
Edson Buddle isn't exactly the right guy to contrast with Cunny tho... ;)

Razcle
06-01-2008, 10:37 AM
Edson Buddle is like 10X worse then Cunny...doesn't anyone remember how bad he played when he was here...complete waste of space. Unless you have a David Beckham on your team that could set-up your grandma to score in this league.

noochie
06-01-2008, 10:43 AM
What I like about Cunny is that he keeps defenders on their toes. It is harder to defend against that than it it is to glue someone to Dichio's back with the worst thing happening is giving up a flick-on to no one in particular. Don't get me wrong, I like what Dichio brings also... what it gives us is the element of surprise because defenses have to adapt on the fly to the changing attack styles that both guys bring.

Add in a Jarrod smith with either one of those guys and it is pretty dynamic... it showed in the attacking 1/3rd all day yesterday.

All in all... I am in the camp that still believes we need more help up front, but I am not willing to write off any member of this squad considering the results that they are posting.

TFC John
06-01-2008, 12:01 PM
I was surprised to see Carver kiss Cunningham on the head after the game yesterday. I was under the impression that they were getting ready to trade him and that Carver wasn't happy with his play. Now I'm confused. If they do want to trade him this is the time. He was featured in a big win over the darlings of the western conference. And he scored a goal. He'll never be more attractive than he is now. Some poor unsuspecting team can bring him in and hype all their soccer moms on the idea that he is about to score his 100th goal. I'm ready to see what someone else can do for this team. Sorry Jeff you seem like a nice guy but you gotta go.

bhoybobby
06-02-2008, 09:20 AM
Well he's still a player on our team so you should be somewhat supportive, not a complete douche.

Yeah you're right, he is still a player on our team, so he should be more supportive of his team mates. He's shite, the fact that he's still on our team has more to do with his lack of market value.

If my calling him out offends you, to bad. Instead of calling me a douche, maybe explain why you think he's worthy of a spot on TFC.

Northern Soul
06-02-2008, 09:24 AM
LAG = Lame Ass Girls

bhoybobby
06-02-2008, 09:26 AM
I don't think Cunny is an "embarrassment to the league" but that's typical bhoybobby exaggeration (like in the offseason, he said "Mo is a fuckwit"). ;)

I don't see how a guy who actually scores a goal can be an embarrassment.
Edson Buddle isn't exactly the right guy to contrast with Cunny tho... ;)

In case you missed the numerous postings on Mo, I gave him kudo's for finally addressing some of the teams needs, but then you knew that.

As for Cunningham, he's utter shite. If you think otherwise that's fine. I thought the sitters he's missed & his play to date for TFC have been an embarrassment, He should've had at least 3 yesterday. If he'd missed the one he scored I think he'd be gone.

Mo has improved his performance by surrounding himself with better talent, competent coaching & more depth, well done.

I think in his heart he knows Cunnigham isn't up to scratch.