PDA

View Full Version : Is there no coverage at all of the upcoming Montreal game?

AdamZ
05-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Well? According to TFC's official site there's nothing.

AdamZ
05-07-2009, 12:26 PM
really, no reply?

sulfur
05-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Sportsnet is supposed to be airing all of the Canadian Championship games.

Carefree
05-07-2009, 12:44 PM
And they devoted almost a full minute to recap last night's game in this morning's newscast, buried near the end. Goes to show how seriously they take this.

Did anyone watch yesterday's game on Sportsnet? How was the quality of the commentary?

Toronto Ruffrider
05-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Sportsnet is to CBC what Pat Onstad was to Craig Forrest. Pat is a very patriotic Canadian who always answered the call to play for his country, but he could never come close to duplicating the kind of success that Craig brought to the CMNT. Likewise, I'm glad that Sportsnet decided to cover the NCC after CBC cut it from its programming, but CBC does a much more professional and in-depth job of covering footy.

olegunnar
05-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Why are you worried?
Is Lost a re-run that night?

uncle p
05-07-2009, 12:58 PM
And they devoted almost a full minute to recap last night's game in this morning's newscast, buried near the end. Goes to show how seriously they take this.

Did anyone watch yesterday's game on Sportsnet? How was the quality of the commentary?

commentary was good....but i like Dobson so i might be biased

Nazzer
05-07-2009, 01:00 PM
isn't there coverage on the french CBC? Maybe they will stream on the internet, or perhaps replay it late night on french cbc locally.

TFC USA
05-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Blow me Sportsnet.

This sucks that there is no coverage. They're airing only 4 of the 6 games.

drewski
05-07-2009, 01:14 PM
blue jays game is on instead :mad:

Oldtimer
05-07-2009, 01:44 PM
isn't there coverage on the french CBC? Maybe they will stream on the internet, or perhaps replay it late night on french cbc locally.

Looked at their site. They are covering the Rochester and Charleston USL-1 matches, but not the V-Cup.

You could try http://usllive.com/usl/console.jsp on the day of the match.

Lucky Strike
05-07-2009, 01:47 PM

It was fine. Dobson just mixed up Attakora with Wynne and Harmse with Brennan a few times.

rocktml
05-07-2009, 01:50 PM
oh well I'll be at the game........

drewski
05-07-2009, 02:01 PM
given it might be my last chance to see the team in person for a while, looks like i'll be looking for tickets

Carefree
05-07-2009, 02:50 PM
It was fine. Dobson just mixed up Attakora with Wynne and Harmse with Brennan a few times.
That's good. I've never actually heard him call a game. He's not the most charismatic of TV hosts but he seems to know his stuff.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-07-2009, 02:52 PM
come on gol tv pick up next weeks game against the Impact!!

Frank Costanza
05-07-2009, 02:57 PM
come on gol tv pick up next weeks game against the Impact!!
that might happen , would be good, well get a full pre and post game show, although frank costanza might wanna go live weathers getting nicer and the team will be road bound much too long mid summer

menefreghista
05-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Sportsnet is to CBC what Pat Onstad was to Craig Forrest. Pat is a very patriotic Canadian who always answered the call to play for his country, but he could never come close to duplicating the kind of success that Craig brought to the CMNT. Likewise, I'm glad that Sportsnet decided to cover the NCC after CBC cut it from its programming, but CBC does a much more professional and in-depth job of covering footy.

CBC only covered 4 of the 6 NCC games last year as well. And only one of them was live (the other 3 were live on Bold). Last year Gol TV did pick up one of the games.

Technically, Sportsnet is doing a better job because all 4 of the matches they are showing are live. There is no midnight tape delay like CBC did.

I was kind of hoping Gol TV would pick up the May 13 game. But we are getting awfully close to the date now. It doesn't look like its going to happen, which is a shame.

AdamZ
05-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Why are you worried?
Is Lost a re-run that night?

Hilarious.
:rolleyes:

Blizzard
05-09-2009, 01:14 AM
CBC only covered 4 of the 6 NCC games last year as well. And only one of them was live (the other 3 were live on Bold). Last year Gol TV did pick up one of the games.

Technically, Sportsnet is doing a better job because all 4 of the matches they are showing are live. There is no midnight tape delay like CBC did.

I was kind of hoping Gol TV would pick up the May 13 game. But we are getting awfully close to the date now. It doesn't look like its going to happen, which is a shame.

It is now confirmed that TFC-TV will show the game. Obviously it won't be a broadcast television production but heck, at least it's being shown! :) I would imagine that Luke Wileman will be doing the play-by-play.

werewolf
05-09-2009, 01:18 AM
MLSE owns the station...owns the team...and they can't make it happen?...

:smilielol5:

mlsintoronto
05-09-2009, 06:59 AM
I think torontofc tv will stream the videoboard feed. It'll look bush league and sound worse but it's a step up from not having it. Maybe we'll turn it into a promotion: YOU provide the play by play!

werewolf
05-09-2009, 07:29 AM
Maybe we'll turn it into a promotion: YOU provide the play by play!

s4yKBZPGxr0

:flare:

denime
05-09-2009, 07:29 AM
I think torontofc tv will stream the videoboard feed. It'll look bush league and sound worse but it's a step up from not having it. Maybe we'll turn it into a promotion: YOU provide the play by play!

If we provide play by play it will be to many" beeep :cuss: beeep"

menefreghista
05-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Not sure why Gol TV isn't picking this up.

So we have actually taken a step back. Last year 5 games were broadcast and this year only 4.