PDA

View Full Version : Let me just say

egoodwin
05-06-2009, 11:35 PM
that BMO absolutely rocked tonight...

Loudest game so far... 127 and the south end were in top form for sure...

South end was very loud, and the cross pitch massive was epic

Yohan
05-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Was up at last row in 127 and man, it was pretty dead up there.

South end was loud as hell.

And the Massive. It was awesome. This should be regular thing between 127 and rest of south end

Jack
05-06-2009, 11:38 PM
It worked really well today.

Loud and proud. The double capo in the south is paying dividends, for sure.

egoodwin
05-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Was up at last row in 127 and man, it was pretty dead up there.

South end was loud as hell.

And the Massive. It was awesome. This should be regular thing between 127 and rest of south end
maybe, but the bottom of 127 was absolutely rocking today...

Jack
05-06-2009, 11:41 PM
127 looked good across the way.

That one time you guys did the slow clap when things were quiet was great.

Keyman
05-06-2009, 11:41 PM
It's getting there for sure! Lots of areas to work on, but we sound united now.

Yohan
05-06-2009, 11:43 PM
man, i so wish i was down there. next time i get seats in 127, i'm crashing the bottom. lol

tonight, i so wish for a roof

btw, my first comment on this thread was no criticism of NEE. massive respects to what you're guys are doing down there.

Keyman
05-06-2009, 11:45 PM
Oh, anyone at the top of 112. How did the relaying of chants work for you guys? I tried to send stuff up from the middle, but I only spoke to a couple people after the game. Any advice?

Cashcleaner
05-07-2009, 12:01 AM
One of the best nights for singing and cheering we've ever had.

james
05-07-2009, 12:07 AM
i think it was the loudest and best singing this year. Ddint matter that attendence was only 16,000, the true supporters turned out and at are best!!!!

dupont
05-07-2009, 12:13 AM
I was at the top of 111 and finally we were able to sync our chants on time with 112. i was very pleased. It was a great game tonight to be a part of.
Good job everyone.

(although a big BOO to the liverpool fan in my row that keeps chanting for fernando torres. Chant for another team somewhere else)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-07-2009, 12:44 AM
yes the massive was as loud as it has ever been....!!! AWSOm!!!

111 112.113 WAS AT ITS BEST!!

127 WAS LOOKIN G GOOD FROM 112 ALSO....IT MUST BE THE RAIN! :)

jmorgs88
05-07-2009, 12:50 AM
im a ssh in 115, had my first experience in 112 today and it was excellent, i think what separates the corner from the rest is the top notch organization there is over there, was a pleasure sitting right in the mixer and glad to see when i returned to my season seats in the 2nd half the chants were spilling over more and more

Whoop
05-07-2009, 12:59 AM
Wait until the Montreal game...

james
05-07-2009, 12:59 AM
We ddint have as much random fans who dont usually go to games yelling out random shit tonight and starting stupid chants. Maybe because more of just the usual/hardcore fans showed up tonight and stayed through all the rain. Got rid of more of the feather weight fans, it really Helped chants get carried across to other sections and even across field for the massive!!!!

tfc
05-07-2009, 01:18 AM
should get guys with megaphones at the front of most sections just to make sure everyone is on the same page

tfc
05-07-2009, 01:20 AM
also, should start the Chelsea carefree chant!

carefree, wherever we may be,
We are the famous TFC,
And we don't give a fuck,
whoever you may be,
'Cos we are the famous TFC!

Workie
05-07-2009, 01:22 AM
should get guys with megaphones at the front of most sections just to make sure everyone is on the same page

Easier said than done.

I also love the Care free chant but people aint so keen on it. :P

TFCGIRL81
05-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Last night I thought all of the supporter groups did an amazing job. I have been to almost all of the games in the past 3 years, and I would say this was one of the best atmospheres. Good job everyone :)

Mikey
05-07-2009, 07:14 AM
Oh, anyone at the top of 112. How did the relaying of chants work for you guys? I tried to send stuff up from the middle, but I only spoke to a couple people after the game. Any advice?

We could see you in the centre ok. We can see the capo stand pretty good from back row of 112, but we need to see big arm movements (Flush style) on the beat to keep in sync.

Most people in the tops of the south stands 112-115 are Capo aware now.

It is working little better every game.

Fort York Redcoat
05-07-2009, 07:21 AM

We are the famous TFC,
whoever you may be,

I thought it was the Aberdeen "Stand Free":)

Wait. It's the RPB chant...:D

Great job to Workie getting 110 going as well.

Waggy
05-07-2009, 07:28 AM
The massive was SICK. Could hear that loud and clear, even got it going in the west side a bit.

One downer: twice we had security come tell my section to sit down. We just talked to them a bit and they let us be, but why even ask anyways?

denime
05-07-2009, 07:28 AM

2nd half I was in 112 upper part and it helped a lot.

Advice, higher Capo stand or
give capo small chair to stand on it so everybody can see him. :D

Carter
05-07-2009, 07:36 AM
I had a few Tourists in 108 last night, all they had to say was.... WOW, cross field massive, AMAZING!!! I thought it was pretty good myself too. ;)

Heathen
05-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Got a few joining in my "If you've all shagged Nolly's mother clap your hands" from 115, really we have to do better than the monotonous "Nolly, Nolly" hockey type chant

KrazyKanadian
05-07-2009, 08:27 AM

Amazing how one phone call can go so far, huh?

phonzo
05-07-2009, 08:34 AM
first game in the south end this year and was a blast. Other then getting rocked in the face by the usector flag pole..least no bruise.

Rest of it was all fantastic..props to zac and workie and well everyone :). Voice is hoarse this morning. Whoever put those section 113 row 3 seats up on ticket exchange last minute has my kudos.

Parkdale
05-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Advice, higher Capo stand or
give capo small chair to stand on it so everybody can see him. :D

http://www.midwaypartyrental.com/images/products/023chair_booster_seat.jpg

BuSaPuNk
05-07-2009, 08:42 AM
Fist time in the southend last night in 113 and it was rocking. Let me just take my hat off to the Capo's did a great job co-ordinating with each other and making us aware of what was coming up. The cross field massive was intense....can't wait to see some vid of that. Can't wait for the Limpact.

FluSH
05-07-2009, 08:44 AM

I called this a looooooooong time ago. From the tube I could hear NEE very well in particular t

Allez Allez ooooh
TFC Allez
Toronto FC 'Till I Die

It was beautiful... Also heard a very fast tempo on the drum which was nice... I assumed it was Mas but people are telling me Deniz was back!!

TFC Cityboy
05-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Great job in the corners last night, but, what the fuck is it with 114?
115 was pretty good last night especially when John's beers kicked in and he waded in amongst the quieter rows and got them going in the 2nd half, but 114 is a fucking DEAD ZONE.

It's as if the chanting is a Mexican wave, it breaks down in 114, meaning that fewer in 115 pick it up.
Come on 114, wake up - prove me wrong next week.

btw I exempt Leo (Guelph Guy) and the others on the 114/115 border.

Phil
05-07-2009, 09:09 AM
The guys I sit beside were enjoying the game, then I pointed out that the massive was going across the stadium to 127. They were amazed at that.

Good job by the guys in the middle of 115 who were picking the chants up and getting the section going. I am getting a bit tired of the guys that always want to rip on all our players all the time. At some point they started calling out Ricketts as the players were warming up and it wasn't him, it was Smith. It really shows how little they actually pay attention to what is really happening.

Brooker
05-07-2009, 09:20 AM
was nice to get the cross field massive going again.

egoodwin
05-07-2009, 04:13 PM
was up there among the best (last game at home v. NE in year 1, and then the fog game against NY in year 1)

Gobi
05-07-2009, 04:37 PM

We are the famous TFC,
whoever you may be,

We used to sing this in year 1, but for RPB, and added:

On the road, and on the CBC,
We are the famous RPB!

I enjoyed it, but it was a bit egotistical! :)

egoodwin
05-07-2009, 04:39 PM
did ya south end people hear NEE's Horto during the game?

Yeoman
05-07-2009, 04:42 PM
i was pretty impressed. noticed a big chunk of the stadium may not have been singing, but they are starting to get it slowly.
as much as i hate those stupid noise maker things, it should that they're almost in synch with the clapping parts. now we just need to work on the songs.

C.Ronaldo
05-07-2009, 04:50 PM
definitely NOT the loudest game ever

egoodwin
05-07-2009, 04:50 PM
loudest this year

billygrieveuk
05-07-2009, 04:57 PM

I agree Jack.
But we must ensure it doesn't become predictable.
dichio song aside, we must be reactive to whats happening in front of us.

el rojo fanatico
05-07-2009, 06:21 PM
It helps bigtime when we have night games and early in the seaseon. It will be a very different story this year when we get to those summer afternoon games. Bouncing and singing in 30c summer heat will bring our atmosphere down( it does every year).

Raging Reggie
05-07-2009, 06:35 PM
the cross pitch massive was awesome, im in row 16 in 127 and there are lots of tourist bouncing around there. Last game the whistle blew for offside and one guy behind me says to his buddy, i think its halftime. It was the 16th minute of the match. Plus there is this one guy who ALWAYS comes late, like its his thing, he reminds of of a cross between mo edu and P Diddy and the people that he brings to the game dont sing, clap, do anything, its like they are there just to be there. Its quite disapointing. There are a few people up there though that get things going. I would have though the seat relocation and stuff would have brought in more actually fans, but it seems lots of scalpers have tickets up there still.

Inklink
05-07-2009, 06:53 PM
One of the loudest I've heard on TV. I initially thought it was a different broadcast and a result of that, but now that I read this, you folks were pretty loud!

I recorded a clip, I'll see if I can upload them soon.

EDIT
jjB6Ya2p47Y

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-07-2009, 06:55 PM

ya but 127 need's to get on beat with the south end, 127 will start a chant after the south end and be done befor the south end,it sounded like they were chantting in FFW mode or something.The south end was wicked lastnight i could hear ever chant and i was in 226 and i must say the massive was good

Nerepis
05-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I watched the game on Sportsnet last night and BMO sounded great, most chants you could hear clear as a bell. At first I thought that Sportsnet had just figured out how to mike the crowd better, but then it sank in...you guys were just rocking the house. Massive job boys and girls!!!
:scarf::flare::drum::drinking:

AL-MO
05-07-2009, 07:23 PM
ya but 127 need's to get on beat with the south end, 127 will start a chant after the south end and be done befor the south end,it sounded like they were chantting in FFW mode or something.The south end was wicked lastnight i could hear ever chant and i was in 226 and i must say the massive was good

They are at opposite ends of the stadium. We have difficluty hearing a chant two sections over let alone across the stadium.

Someone was saying they were trying to get insync with us, which is great but I don't blame them if they aren't.

AL-MO
05-07-2009, 07:23 PM
did ya south end people hear NEE's Horto during the game?

Not in 112 at least. ;)

We did hear you at some points of the game but couldn't make out what you were chanting/singing.

AL-MO
05-07-2009, 07:27 PM
115 was pretty good last night especially when John's beers kicked in and he waded in amongst the quieter rows and got them going in the 2nd half, but 114 is a fucking DEAD ZONE.

It's as if the chanting is a Mexican wave, it breaks down in 114, meaning that fewer in 115 pick it up.

I haven't seen many of the Ultras this season who occupy 114. That could be the reason.

BritSOL
05-07-2009, 07:56 PM
The massive even started to get some of us at the top of 224 joining in!!

TFC Cityboy
05-07-2009, 07:59 PM
I haven't seen many of the Ultras this season who occupy 114. That could be the reason.

fairweather ultras eh....there's a new breed!

TorontoBlades
05-07-2009, 08:02 PM
I personally think that the massive from south to north is still way off....the south usually starts back up before the north is done, and there's always this delay between when the south finishes and the north counters.

Also, if the massive is loud the first couple of times it's done....move on to a next chant....like 4 times back to back is a bit much...I know I for one was doing the sympathy "nous chanton et rouge allez" by the 4th time...

Bloor West FC
05-07-2009, 08:18 PM
It was great last night!!! Although waking up at 2:45am and working till 5:30pm really took a toll on me in the second half. I was the one yawning in 111. :(

morgank1986
05-07-2009, 08:40 PM

I'm hoping this will be the year that 115 emerges as a powerhouse. I know there are a lot of willing people in our section. It's just coming down to organization.

iansmcl
05-07-2009, 08:41 PM

Oh man, 114 is terrible. I don't know how it is closer to 113 but I'm convinced it's just ten of us that sing at all. Even with your friend trying to stir things up it was still a deadzone.

james
05-07-2009, 11:19 PM
One of the loudest I've heard on TV. I initially thought it was a different broadcast and a result of that, but now that I read this, you folks were pretty loud!

EDIT
jjB6Ya2p47Y

that sounds alot better then are other games this year. Is there anywhere to download the SportsNet game?

BuSaPuNk
05-07-2009, 11:21 PM
Oh man, 114 is terrible. I don't know how it is closer to 113 but I'm convinced it's just ten of us that sing at all. Even with your friend trying to stir things up it was still a deadzone.

Compleletly agree i was right on the end of 113 beside 114 and it was like 5-10 guys making noise and everyone else quiet as a golf tourney. Pathetic. Something has to give and we have to get the entire southend getting together....your there and your required to get involved period. :flare:

Roogsy
05-07-2009, 11:25 PM
I can certainly appreciate the effort and the desire. But I am not a fan of the cross-field massive. The physics alone make it impossible to ever really get it going properly.

The massive sounds best when it's the 112/113 vs 111.

That being said...if we keep trying, I will keep participating. But I am not crazy about it.

the-lower-eastsider
05-07-2009, 11:59 PM
my 2 cents:
things were really LOUD last night in 112. and 127 was awesome too (i was over there too for a while AND LOVE IT THERE too). but we can be even LOUDER. and thats the part that really excites me. but more on that later.
heres what struck me last nite:
weve come a long way in a short period of time.
were finally getting our poop in a pile! in the past, chants would originate all over the fuckin place in the south stand and we were all over the effin map. now its way more united. now were finally letting the capo(s) run the show and its paying off in spades. for me, last nights system worked great. zac seemed to be initiating most of the chants (at least for the most part anyway. after all, he had a megaphone, dont think workie did), workie picked up on them fabulously (like he does so well) and brought them home to 112 BIG-TIME (and 111 etc.) and kieran spread them up into the upper reaches of 112.
fantastic. like a well oiled machine. anytime some douchebag behind me tried to start a "rogue" oh when the reds chant, i sssshhhed them, told them to shut it and pointed at workie for further instructions.
THATS THE WAY WE HAVE TO DO THINGS! let the capos run the show. HOLD ONTO THE ROPES AND STAY WITH THE TOUR PEOPLE! were in good hands. workie: u do a great job and i love ya.
cant wait for montreal. i challenge each and everyone of u to be EVEN LOUDER next week. and i mean it. i love when we all get on the same page.
shout outs to "ice cold beer" for bringing his mom to the game last night and for putting up with my sloppy drunk ways. u can bring her anytime ice cold (if she dares sit with us again). she was great (even handed out peanuts to the lot of us at one point). shout outs to my seat mate ian (exiled red) and ragging reggie in 127, who bring it every game. we rocked it big-time. shout out to denime who snuck into 112 and rocked it with us too. and to everyone else that really brought it last night. lets fuckin blow the lid off next week.
craiger
aka lumpy, maj. douchebag, sir-lump-alot.

AL-MO
05-08-2009, 12:03 AM
I can certainly appreciate the effort and the desire. But I am not a fan of the cross-field massive. The physics alone make it impossible to ever really get it going properly.

The massive sounds best when it's the 112/113 vs 111.

That being said...if we keep trying, I will keep participating. But I am not crazy about it.

I thought it was pretty good last night. People need to wait (and listen for the response). Too many people, jump the gun and it fucks shit up! :D

Roogsy
05-08-2009, 12:09 AM
I thought it was pretty good last night. People need to wait (and listen for the response). Too many people, jump the gun and it fucks shit up! :D

If it was just a call and response, I would agree.

But there is a rhythm to the Massive that gets screwed up because of the physical differences between the speed of sound and the speed of light (vision).

I think something specific to a north end / sound end call and response could definitely work, but it has to be designed specifically for that purpose and with those conditions in mind.

Anyways...just my opinion.

james
05-08-2009, 05:12 PM

totally agree. We gotta wait a few extra seconds on the cross field massive then when we normally do the massive with 111.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-09-2009, 04:23 AM

EDIT
jjB6Ya2p47Y

Sportsnet audio has always been far superior to CBC's feed on picking up crowd noise for TFC game's....NOt to sure about goltv havnt seen one yet!

BUt CBC's is awful......its dimmed right down for some unknown reason!