PDA

View Full Version : 108 guy gets kicked out for having a flag !!!

ricciboy
05-06-2009, 11:09 PM
at the start of the game row 32 section 108 there were 7 guys standing up cheering :scarf:you know, and one guy had a flag tied to the rails :canada: and 2 guards came up and asked him to take it down no problems they took it down. But then 19-25 minutes later one guy holding the flag in the air and the guards came again and asked him to leave ? my flag was under my seat the whole game. I just want to know is this a stupid kick out or smart ????? or anyone knows what happens help me out

mastermixer
05-06-2009, 11:28 PM
I think I saw what you were talking about... it was a red Che Guevera flag right?
I'm taking a guess here, but I think because it was a FIFA sanctioned game they didnt want any political viewpoints being shown, but who knows...

james
05-07-2009, 12:13 AM
I think I saw what you were talking about... it was a red Che Guevera flag right?
I'm taking a guess here, but I think because it was a FIFA sanctioned game they didnt want any political viewpoints being shown, but who knows...

i saw that Che flag being waved durring the game tho. And i saw him leaving at the end of the game, i dont think he got kicked out if thats the guy you talking about. Maybe asked to not wave his flag i dont know...

TFC Via Buffalo
05-07-2009, 12:16 AM
That's messed up. I sat with those guys all last year. They are awesome guys and would loved for them to move over to 110 with us. They aren't trying to make a political statement. They are Argentinian and great TFC supporters. Boo the guards.

TFCinVANCOUVER
05-07-2009, 02:39 AM
do these guards get commision when they kick someone out like fukk me!!!
wish we could kick them out for being pricks sometimes!!

denime
05-07-2009, 06:00 AM
Maybe it has to do with the rule that flags are only allowed in supporter sections.

Carter
05-07-2009, 07:39 AM
at the start of the game row 32 section 108 there were 7 guys standing up cheering :scarf:you know, and one guy had a flag tied to the rails :canada: and 2 guards came up and asked him to take it down no problems they took it down. But then 19-25 minutes later one guy holding the flag in the air and the guards came again and asked him to leave ? my flag was under my seat the whole game. I just want to know is this a stupid kick out or smart ????? or anyone knows what happens help me out

He didn't get kicked out, he came back 10 minutes later without his flag. as D said, no flags in non supporters sections.

BOLDED section, they never took it down the first time.

Also they were seated in 109 not 108...

sulfur
05-07-2009, 07:41 AM
No. Flagpoles are only allowed in supporter sections. We used to see people bring in flags (without poles) and wave them around all over the place.

drewski
05-07-2009, 07:48 AM
No. Flagpoles are only allowed in supporter sections. We used to see people bring in flags (without poles) and wave them around all over the place.

depends on the size of the flag

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/stadium/prohibited_items/

For the safety and security of our fans, the following is not permitted inside BMO Field:

Large flags, banners and drums

Carter
05-07-2009, 07:56 AM
depends on the size of the flag

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/stadium/prohibited_items/

flags are fine, just no POLES.....

phonzo
05-07-2009, 08:11 AM
flags are fine, just no POLES.....

everything to keep the polish out eh....

Carter
05-07-2009, 08:14 AM

not my rule, its bmos, you better take that issue up with them....

jabbronies
05-07-2009, 08:15 AM
:smilielol5:

Maple Leaf Red
05-07-2009, 09:27 AM
Naw, if they wanted that they'd just put a sign at all of the gates saying "The game is tomorrow" in polish ;)

Nestease
05-07-2009, 09:31 AM
The security guard was on a mission last night . He started at the top row of 111/110 and went to 109. He did this twice by himself. In 110, he was searching for smokers I believe. I didn't notice anyone smoking myself, and I don't think he knew exactly who he was looking for because he was kind of giving everyone the third degree. The second time he went through 110 to get a sneak attack on 109 for whatever reason. I'm guessing it's the flag now. He was really determined. Didn't see him kick anyone out though.

drewski
05-07-2009, 09:36 AM

cheaper then hundreds of bottles of polish remover :p

TFC Via Buffalo
05-07-2009, 10:38 AM
The security guard was on a mission last night . He started at the top row of 111/110 and went to 109. He did this twice by himself. In 110, he was searching for smokers I believe. I didn't notice anyone smoking myself, and I don't think he knew exactly who he was looking for because he was kind of giving everyone the third degree. The second time he went through 110 to get a sneak attack on 109 for whatever reason. I'm guessing it's the flag now. He was really determined. Didn't see him kick anyone out though.

Damn straight they were. I was asked to get on the other side of seats and not stand on the part behind our seats where everyone in the back row stands for the most part right after the game started. Then, another guy who already came through once before, said "We've got binoculars watching you guys." at half time. Whatever. I don't drink or smoke, so he can do what he wants, he's not getting anything on me.

TorCanSoc
05-07-2009, 10:47 AM

A dude doing his job? We don't know the specifics of every story. Three years of going to games, and I have yet to see any of these "idiot" security guys. I'm in Section 108, so the security presence is not as evident. If there is a security guy kicking out smokers...then have that guy stand right beside me all game all season, he'll be my best friend. I'm smack dab in the middle of a scalpers set of seats.

Nestease
05-07-2009, 12:30 PM
A dude doing his job? We don't know the specifics of every story. Three years of going to games, and I have yet to see any of these "idiot" security guys. I'm in Section 108, so the security presence is not as evident. If there is a security guy kicking out smokers...then have that guy stand right beside me all game all season, he'll be my best friend. I'm smack dab in the middle of a scalpers set of seats.

Why are you attacking my story? Please point out where I called the security guard an idiot since you "quoted" it. Please point out where I thought it was stupid for him to kick out smokers. You're making up a whole situation for your master reply. I also don't care you're in scalpers seats, it has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Since you WEREN'T there you wouldn't have seen him giving everyone in the row a hard time. I had absolutely no idea why he was there but he was in front of me giving me the staredown. The only reason I knew he was looking for smokers is because he was threatening to take away season tickets from the people beside me who i'm pretty sure would notice smoking. After threatening them, he moved down and started the same thing with different people. I don't smoke, I don't like smoking. Maybe there was someone smoking, but it's no reason to alienate and threaten practically an entire row because you don't know what you're looking for. I'd still cut him some slack though. He was being a little police like but he didn't throw anyone out atleast. Seeing how he didn't know what he was looking for, it was probably a good thing for those innocent bystanders.

C.Ronaldo
05-07-2009, 12:45 PM
So according to the rules below, essentially 50% of the stadium should be kicked out

Smoking inside the stadium
Standing on chairs/seats
Sitting or standing in the aisles
Entering a seating area without the correct ticket
Entering or attempting to enter restricted areas without proper authorization or credentials
Drunk and/or disorderly conduct
Fighting or challenging others to fight
Wearing clothing deemed to be offensive, obscene or indecent
Throwing, tossing, or discharging any object within the facility
Using profanity and/or other offensive, obscene, or abusive gestures or language toward or in reference to other fans, players, coaches, referees, performers, or staff members
Interference with the event in any way
Disturbing the enjoyment of other fans in attendance
Bringing prohibited items into the stadium
Violating BMO Field rules, regulations, or policies
Violating any local, provincial or federal laws

trail
05-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Using profanity and/or other offensive, obscene, or abusive gestures or language toward or in reference to other fans, players, coaches, referees, performers, or staff members

F**K, I might as well not go to another game ever!!:D
:scarf::drum::scarf:

ricciboy
05-07-2009, 05:12 PM

yaaa it was :canada:

InTheCrowd
05-07-2009, 05:14 PM
In the future I will not support my team.

ricciboy
05-07-2009, 05:14 PM
He didn't get kicked out, he came back 10 minutes later without his flag. as D said, no flags in non supporters sections.

ok sorry

ricciboy
05-07-2009, 05:17 PM

it was like the end of 108 start of 109 im sorry

Carter
05-07-2009, 05:18 PM
it was like the end of 108 start of 109 im sorry

no need to be sorry mate, i was just pointing it out ;)

ricciboy
05-07-2009, 05:20 PM

no need to be sorry mate, i was just pointing it out ;)

kk thanks :D