PDA

View Full Version : No Flares At Bmo!! But.....

BRed
05-06-2009, 10:11 PM
I want the RPB's thoughts on this as I think it's very doable. Everyone has been getting their pants wet after viewing the video of the massive flare, confetti and fireworks demostration in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h44d4UClAAw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h44d4UClAAw)

So no way that is happening at BMO because plastic pitch, conservative crowd, big brother blah blah...BUT

How about F'n Industrial Flashlights? or Siren lights?!!! YESS SIREN LIGHTS !, because it's FREAKING CANADIANNNNN!!!!

1)It's harmless
2)Point them up or just hold them if they are sirens.
3)It's not against the BMO rules
4)Throw confetti at same time.

What you guys think?
NIGHT GAME AT BMO AGAINST MONTREAL?

Discuss.

Lennon
05-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Let's do it ...

Speaking of flares .. are there any rules against having them in Seputo?

Detroit_TFC
05-06-2009, 10:17 PM
That's some crazy shit, for real.

InTheCrowd
05-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Where could I purchase a siren light?

Waggy
05-06-2009, 10:31 PM
It'd still need a LOT of smoke to look half as cool. I like the way you're thinking, but I just don't see this as possible in BMO. Now, if Toronto were to ever make the MLS cup final on the other hand.....

BRed
05-06-2009, 10:39 PM
^^^ Siren lights + lot's of smoke would actually create a great effect. It is VERY doable as the flashing red lights are doing all the work and the only health hazard is if someone gets a seizure lol..

Only kicker is it MUST be a night game or we will look like Pretards..

MFG1
05-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Where could I purchase a siren light?

circuit city?? or are they all gone? what about electrosonic or acme surplus on queen?

remember the old fire man hats with the siren built in on the top? thats what I am talking about!!!

BRed
05-06-2009, 10:46 PM
No sirens that would just be plain annoying. The crowd chanting in the background is much more respectable.

If one of the Senior RPB's think this is a good idea and want to make it happen, I can hook you guys up with the flashing lights, PM me.

Mojo
05-06-2009, 11:11 PM
No sirens that would just be plain annoying. The crowd chanting in the background is much more respectable.

If one of the Senior RPB's think this is a good idea and want to make it happen, I can hook you guys up with the flashing lights, PM me.

No sirens, just the lights like on cop cars. Spinning red lights. Would look amazing if the whole south end had them scattered throughout.

egoodwin
05-06-2009, 11:38 PM
sounds like a tremendous waste of money

Waggy
05-06-2009, 11:47 PM
I dont qualify as a senior RPB, but the lights/no sound sirens with smoke bombs actually doesn't sound like a half bad idea to me. Call me crazy, call me drunk. Either way, a safe way to create a REALLY cool effect. But I plus 1 the comment about the chanting making that video. I completely agree. However, unfortunately, theres little we can do about that but keep plugging along as is, and hope people learn the chants.

Carter
05-07-2009, 07:43 AM
I dont qualify as a senior RPB, but the lights/no sound sirens with smoke bombs actually doesn't sound like a half bad idea to me. Call me crazy, call me drunk. Either way, a safe way to create a REALLY cool effect. But I plus 1 the comment about the chanting making that video. I completely agree. However, unfortunately, theres little we can do about that but keep plugging along as is, and hope people learn the chants.

Frei was getting choked out with the smoke at the beginning of the game, adding more smoke to the mix is just a bad idea.

no comment on the sirens/lighs...

BRed
05-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Frei was getting choked out with the smoke at the beginning of the game, adding more smoke to the mix is just a bad idea.

no comment on the sirens/lighs...

Goalies don't mind that, it's just for a couple minutes and it's in the beginning of the game. Goalies in Spain, Italy etc...have always had to deal with more hostile situations and they never once complain about their HOME fans. Let's not keep sitting on our hands, let's take the esthetics of our support to the next level. The Idea is totally harmless, no flares, no siren sounds, just some smoke...Rememeber way back when the Leafs made the playoffs at the Gardens and they used to have fireworks which created a little hazy smoke effect in the building? It gets vented out, no one minds, just like how the wind will blow it out eventually....

H Bomb
05-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Glow Sticks!!!!!!!

Carter
05-07-2009, 09:52 AM
Goalies don't mind that, it's just for a couple minutes and it's in the beginning of the game. Goalies in Spain, Italy etc...have always had to deal with more hostile situations and they never once complain about their HOME fans. Let's not keep sitting on our hands, let's take the esthetics of our support to the next level. The Idea is totally harmless, no flares, no siren sounds, just some smoke...Rememeber way back when the Leafs made the playoffs at the Gardens and they used to have fireworks which created a little hazy smoke effect in the building? It gets vented out, no one minds, just like how the wind will blow it out eventually....

From my seats, Frei looked in some serious discomfort, couldn't breathe bending over so he could get air.

We aren't in Spain or Italy or etc, its North Americian Footie, at some point we might be able to get there, not this early, we are still new.

I love your ideas, they are great for sure, but your trying to push something that MLSE will never allow.

you gotta remember while we have a plastic pitch, it will never happen. Its disappointing because all it takes is some idiot to throw something that is lit onto the pitch.... remember a couple weeks ago? :flare:

Carts
05-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Glow Sticks!!!!!!!

GET YOUR RAVE ON! :flare: LOL

Carts...

Carter
05-07-2009, 09:57 AM
GET YOUR RAVE ON! :flare: LOL

Carts...

thats what you said last night, i had to take the friggin bus from eg last night, oh man 6 kms is a friggin long way on that thing. :scarf:

KrazyKanadian
05-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Glow Sticks!!!!!!!

Haha, that's been tried already!

H Bomb
05-07-2009, 10:05 AM
^^ Really....good for us! how about clear balloons full of fireflies?

Stencils
05-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I think we still have a lot of room to manoever doing tifos that DON'T require batteries.

Carter
05-07-2009, 10:09 AM
^^ Really....good for us! how about clear balloons full of fireflies?

ill pay to see that. :rolleyes:

billyfly
05-07-2009, 10:12 AM
I think we still have a lot of room to manoever doing tifos that DON'T require batteries.

Right! Like more cowbell.

2freedom
05-07-2009, 11:49 AM
That is effin incredible! I'd so do it!

BRed
05-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I love your ideas, they are great for sure, but your trying to push something that MLSE will never allow.

you gotta remember while we have a plastic pitch, it will never happen. Its disappointing because all it takes is some idiot to throw something that is lit onto the pitch.... remember a couple weeks ago? :flare:
Believe me and you the only thing that MLSE is ever going to allow you is to buy a ticket, one beer and patiently sit in your seat as you watch your team get emberassed on the ice or a plastic turf.

I completely agree with what your saying about the idiots doing something stupid. But idiots will always exist and the risk of something stupid will always be there with or without smoke. If the RPB boys organize something like this then one of their members aren't going to just throw a smoke on the field, it would be well coordinated. But RPB boys, MLSE securtiy will NEVER have control over a stupid 16 year old who goes and buys a flare on his own and throws it at a poor girls face. A safe and well coordinated display of support by the RPB boys will enahce their reputation, it will show the city that the supporters are responsible in their show of support, it will make the cuty proud and probably bring up attendance again and above all else IT IS LIVING. This North American attitude of writing a proposal to MLSE before we stand up and wave a flag must be kept within REASON. I'm hearing more and more stories now that people are being told to sit down in certain section, don't wave flags etc. Which although I disagree with, I will go with their reasoning that it is not in the supporters section therefore other people will have their game day experience ruined by a fan who stands up and cheers at a sporting event (by the way if you do not see the outrage and absurdity in that chances are you have been sheepled). But to not allow true support in the supporters section which does not cause any harm, which is conformed to their already tight rules, to not allow that is prison.

Suds
05-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Glow Sticks!!!!!!!

I may have some left over from my raving days ... which thank god are now over :D

jmorgs88
05-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Glow Sticks!!!!!!!

ya know for a night game this could actually work, a ton of red glow sticks all crack at the same time....problem would be tons in 111-113 and NEE and then sparsely scattered throughout the rest of the supporter section

BFin
05-07-2009, 12:15 PM
How about once piece red unitards with ipod headphones...and wait for it....sirens.

Pookie
05-07-2009, 12:19 PM
Keep the fire in your pants boys, don't bring it out in public. Look at what "support" is costing fans and the teams involved, let alone the potential for serious injury or death.

Soccer body to hear Sparta over boy's injury at stadium
18 March 2009
Prague, March 17 (CTK) - The Czech soccer association CMFS on Tuesday launched disciplinary proceedings against the first league club Sparta Praha over an incident in which a 12-year-old assistant working on the soccer pitch was injured by a flare hurled by a fan during a league match at Sparta on Monday.

CMFS disciplinary commission head Alexander Karolyi told CTK that Sparta may be fined up to 10 million crowns if it is proved that it did not adopt sufficient security measures at the stadium.

The commission may also close the stadium for up to three matches, close some of its parts or order that home matches are played without fans.

The police has not been assisting at stadiums during Czech first soccer league matches as of January, and the clubs themselves are responsible for safety.

AC Milan goalie hit by flare during game

Champions League quarterfinal stopped early

http://nbcsportsmedia1.msnbc.com/i/msnbc/Components/Sources/Art/APTRANS.gifupdated 12:08 a.m. ET, Wed., April 13, 2005

MILAN, Italy - AC Milan goalkeeper Dida was hit by a flare thrown from the stands, and Tuesday night’s European Champions League quarterfinal against crosstown rival Internazionale was halted with about 15 minutes to play.

AC Milan was ahead 1-0 and set to advance on 3-0 aggregate when Dida was struck on his left shoulder by the flare in the 73rd minute. The game was stopped, and when referee Markus Merk tried to restart play 10 minutes later, more fireworks were thrown and Merk abandoned the match in the 75th minute.

“Tonight’s episode doesn’t just hurt Inter, but the entire city of Milan,” AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti said. “The reaction of the Inter fans was surprising. I’ve played and coached in Milan for 10 years and I’ve never seen anything like it.”

Inter fans were upset that when Esteban Cambiasso put the ball in the net in the 71st minute, the goal was disallowed because of a foul. Last weekend, scores of fans were arrested throughout Italy following confrontations with police and racist chants.

“After the goal was annulled, the fans’ anger was understandable, although the reaction of throwing objects onto the field is not justified,” Inter defender Ivan Cordoba said.

When Merk tried to restart the game, Christian Abbiati took over from Dida in goal for AC Milan.

“He’s OK, although he does have some pain where he was hit,” AC Milan midfielder Clarence Seedorf said. “The government, the entire country, has to understand that something must be done.”

Andriy Shevchenko scored the only goal in the 30th minute. The Union of European Football Associations said it will decide whether the result of the game stands.

BRed
05-07-2009, 12:25 PM
^^ No one is talking about flares.

uncle p
05-07-2009, 12:32 PM
Let's do it ...

Speaking of flares .. are there any rules against having them in Seputo?

Im just curious why people think that there has to be a written rule about bringing flares to stadiums lol.....

And on the siren thing, this could be awesome!!!! buuuuuut......you'd have to have ALOT of people and sirens committed, if you show up and there are only like 10 sirens it will look super cheesy

Pookie
05-07-2009, 12:36 PM
^^^ not in this thread but when the OP makes a comment such as "Everyone has been getting their pants wet after viewing the video of the massive flare..." That comment leads itself to paint a picture of support for that stuff.

I think those against burning ourselves and our stadium should add a counterpoint, don't you?

uncle p
05-07-2009, 12:44 PM
^^^ not in this thread but when the OP makes a comment such as "Everyone has been getting their pants wet after viewing the video of the massive flare..." That comment leads itself to paint a picture of support for that stuff.

I think those against burning ourselves and our stadium should add a counterpoint, don't you?

I think the original poster made the "wet pants" comment about the visual display in the video, and then went on to offer an idea for a similar, safer display. No one in this thread has said flares are a good idea or supported flares

OHARARULES
05-07-2009, 01:21 PM
I want the RPB's thoughts on this as I think it's very doable. Everyone has been getting their pants wet after viewing the video of the massive flare, confetti and fireworks demostration in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h44d4UClAAw (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h44d4UClAAw)

So no way that is happening at BMO because plastic pitch, conservative crowd, big brother blah blah...BUT

How about F'n Industrial Flashlights? or Siren lights?!!! YESS SIREN LIGHTS !, because it's FREAKING CANADIANNNNN!!!!

1)It's harmless

What you guys think?

Discuss.
Funny you should mention this cause I was thinkiing something similiar last night.
I sit in section 222 and I could see a few people on the east side with lights.. not sure why they had them but it occured to me if you had a lot of them it would probably look pretty neat.. I have no idea what a siren light is.. but I bet if planned right a bunch of flashlights at a night game would look real swell.

BRed
05-07-2009, 04:10 PM
siren lights = generally implying flashing red lights, like those found on top of police cruisers. Those however could be hard to find and harder in large quantities so for practicality purposes I believe flashing red lights would do the job...

Edit: I just realized how incredibly sick it would be to do this against Seattle "Red light of Death" Sounders if we ever had a night game.

We can have a reputation for this, for our night games. Imagine sportscasters mentioning "it will be a red night at BMO for this evenings game" and then more fans would start bringing their own red lights...anyways that's the long term view.

InTheCrowd
05-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Look at what "support" is costing fans and the teams involved, let alone the potential for serious injury or death.

Who said these guys were supporters?

werewolf
05-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Glow Sticks!!!!!!!

I remember we tried that last year, and security had a fit.

FluSH
05-07-2009, 06:11 PM

can someone give me a link of how these lights look? How big they are etc...

J .
05-07-2009, 09:09 PM

1)It's harmless

What you guys think?

Discuss.

Its sounds like they are singing 'Oh Toronto'

I would love if they allowed smoke, even if it was just in the front row. If it was done smart it could be done right.

:flare:

nick.mastro
05-08-2009, 12:27 AM
love the idea.

i dont understand why the fuck we cant bring SMOKE bombs, the worst that happens people have a little cough. like its not flares where it can get very dangerous, just a lottttt of smoke, and if people dont like it theey should just get out of the supporter section

Inswingingwingman
05-08-2009, 06:59 AM
Well I hope to make it down from London for another game, but ya'll would look good in red borat one piece thongs and those fireman hats. A new subgroup, the Borat club of the RPB. While we are at it another subgroup I'd support, the Red Greengrass boys, with check shirts and suspenders. Red and White TFC suspenders. You lean over and when TFC is yelled you'd snap the suspenders instead of clapping LOL.

And how about someone invents a beer cup that senses it's being thrown and the contents discharge on the face of the dickweed that is throwing it. Now that would be entertainment.

I still say hire a pro pyro guy and give him a budget augmented by supporters groups. You have to set that stuff up based on weather conditions, no need to smoke a goalie. Some smoke and lasers before the game, and before starting at half time, and a post game fireworks now and then, especially as a surprise if we win.

BTW, this website needs a proper commercial component, I filled out the form to join before the opening game and never heard squat. But there is stuff to sell, promos to run, and other stuff that would 'fly'. Open an account at BMO for RPBs and ask their help. Trust me, I ran a payment program for fitness chain and the average bank manager can't help you, so you need an above average one, or someone in Pre-authorized chequing. 26 small payments a year is better than asking for what ever up front and a new scarf each spring and whatever else would make that an attractive option. Or for us old now retired (Freedom 53 baby), guys, once a month when pension cheque hits the bank. 5 bucks every other week would mean um um 5 times 26 = $130 a year. Meet and greet, scarf, ticket to something, tshirt..hey that's just off the top of my head, bbq with some players....

bob
05-08-2009, 07:47 AM
can someone give me a link of how these lights look? How big they are etc...
http://www.bcheap.com/baopledpolir.html
http://www.misskaties.com/pd_batter.cfm
or small lights: http://www.allholidaytreasures.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=45202BA&Category_Code=batteryledconical

...but the small lights might look to christmas-y

Pookie
05-08-2009, 11:55 AM
love the idea.

i dont understand why the fuck we cant bring SMOKE bombs, the worst that happens people have a little cough. like its not flares where it can get very dangerous, just a lottttt of smoke, and if people dont like it theey should just get out of the supporter section...

.... or even better, just stop having asthma

Yeoman
05-08-2009, 12:39 PM
Glow Sticks!!!!!!!

tried last year, they told us to get rid of em.
such a waste

AL-MO
05-10-2009, 06:41 PM
I'd love to do a coordinated smoke tifo, but wet blankets like pookie would get their panties in a knot.

Blazer
05-10-2009, 06:59 PM
What about dry ice Red?

Blizzard
05-10-2009, 09:19 PM
siren lights = generally implying flashing red lights, like those found on top of police cruisers. Those however could be hard to find and harder in large quantities so for practicality purposes I believe flashing red lights would do the job...

Edit: I just realized how incredibly sick it would be to do this against Seattle "Red light of Death" Sounders if we ever had a night game.

We can have a reputation for this, for our night games. Imagine sportscasters mentioning "it will be a red night at BMO for this evenings game" and then more fans would start bringing their own red lights...anyways that's the long term view.

http://www.coolstuffcheap.com/thunparstrob.html

This type of thing?

(http://www.coolstuffcheap.com/thunparstrob.html)