PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for improving BMO

billyfly
05-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Ok, Ok, I stole this idea from the other thread and I know, I know that this has been talked about before but.....

What can MLSE do (or not b/c they don't own the building yadda yadda) to just make BMO feel less like a tin can?

Paint the concrete red?

Have a large TFC logo shield on the gates?

Etc...

***Please try not to mention expansion***

billyfly
05-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Paint "THIS IS BMO. THIS IS OUR HOUSE" in the tunnel where the players come out. CBC is showing that at the beginning of games and I noticed several players touch the ceiling before coming out.

redcard
05-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Paint "THIS IS BMO. THIS IS OUR HOUSE" in the tunnel where the players come out. CBC is showing that at the beginning of games and I noticed several players touch the ceiling before coming out.

it already says 'This is our house' thats why they are touching it.

how about painting the railings red.

billyfly
05-05-2009, 01:56 PM
I can't tell from the TV. You sure? Am I blind then?

Oldtimer
05-05-2009, 02:07 PM
Real grass and a roof (someone had to say it!!! :lol: ).

Parkdale
05-05-2009, 02:39 PM
I've been saying this since the first season...

get ropes or barriers so that people stand in line ALONG the concourse, instead of across it. It's so damn simple but it's never happened.

MrHawk
05-05-2009, 02:46 PM
1) Cheaper beer/food
2) Allow street meat vendors to be sold just outside of the premises
3) More naked girls (Good looking ones, none of that 2nd rate stuff).

H Bomb
05-05-2009, 02:48 PM
^^ Agreed. It's too bad BMO's colouring is Blue. I'm happy with BMo as it almost sounds like a nicknamey kind of name. There's no ring to Dick's Sporting Goods Park. But BMO has a nice sound. But them being blue goes against the Aesthetic of the team...like with the Best seat fans they show at halftime or whatever with their blue scarves and shirts....dont look like TFC mans to me. So Great job BMO for giving us cash and not having a stupid name but do like other brands do for sports teams and relate our style into your product....it's not like our red is similar to any other major bank (TD-green, CIBC-dark muted red, Royal-blue)

billyfly
05-05-2009, 02:48 PM
1) Cheaper beer/food
2) Allow street meat vendors to be sold just outside of the premises
3) More naked girls (Good looking ones, none of that 2nd rate stuff).

Isn't that why you live in Hamilton? :scarf:

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Second Level in the southend would be a nice start!....Tickets distributed through the SG'S! :)

elvis
05-05-2009, 02:53 PM
For the love of God, grass.

H Bomb
05-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Isn't that why you live in Hamilton?

he said no second rate stuff!!!

tim90
05-05-2009, 03:25 PM
more gaveweay at game

I_AM_CANADIAN
05-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Ok, Ok, I stole this idea from the other thread and I know, I know that this has been talked about before but.....

What can MLSE do (or not b/c they don't own the building yadda yadda) to just make BMO feel less like a tin can?

Paint the concrete red?

Have a large TFC logo shield on the gates?

Etc...

***Please try not to mention expansion***
a) Put folding seats in the south end. Nobody's going to use them either way, but at least it would give people more room to stand up.

b) A bleedin' roof and a north stand. ;) IMO that's what BMO really needs.

Flipityflu
05-05-2009, 03:35 PM
tim, have you ever actually purchased anything in your life? :D

i'm assuming this thread is not about the obvious grass/seating expansion. personally, i'd like to see more stuff painted red. i'd also like to see the smoke that is used also changed to red. red, red, red.

billyfly
05-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Yes. No expansion talk. Details and touch-ups. Painting stuff red seems to be the common choice.

olegunnar
05-05-2009, 03:41 PM
They should put Fathead style decals on the cement floor. Have ones with a bit of texture....so

1) the boring grey cement wouldn't be so boring and

2) the floor wouldn't be so slipery when wet

Ultra & Proud
05-05-2009, 03:41 PM
A couple things could be better:

- That black iron picket fence that runs around the building's perimeter is okay but a classic red brick fence surrounding it would look awesome and add some charm to the place.

- Opening some more gates besides Gate 1 and Gate 3 on matchdays would be nice to prevent the log jam effect that happens.

- Since 2007 I 've been asking why a place named after a bank has only a hand full of bank machines.

LucaGol
05-05-2009, 03:44 PM
Easy stuff:

1. Electronic adboards plllleeeeaaaaseeee ... why? .. because I love them

2. Better nets (ours look messed up for some reason ... there's all this crap at the back and the corners of the net are higher than the crossbar)

3. Toronto FC logo pitch side ala FCB logo at the Camp Nou

Gobi
05-05-2009, 03:53 PM

get ropes or barriers so that people stand in line ALONG the concourse, instead of across it. It's so damn simple but it's never happened.

+1000

For the love of shoes, make it so.

alexintoronto
05-05-2009, 03:56 PM
....it's not like our red is similar to any other major bank (TD-green, CIBC-dark muted red, Royal-blue)
http://www.bradfordpages.ca/images//businesses/Scotiabank_logo.jpg

just sayin'

It would be nice to get rid of seats in supporters sections - but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Aluminum overtop the concrete would be cool - more sound when jumping + more give when jumping.

MrHawk
05-05-2009, 03:58 PM
How about the Extra Time countdown?

It sucks not knowing how much time is to be added.

scooter
05-05-2009, 04:35 PM

yes please
its almost claustraphobic trying to get through the folks in line for food
terrible design but this would at least be an improvement

PARKY FOR MAYOR:canada:

Mojo
05-05-2009, 04:45 PM
I know the corners can't be filled because of fire laws etc, but maybe putting something on the top of the corners, like an ad or something for continuity, to kind of link the east/south stands? It looks like a kids park and if they were connected it would look more like a stadium.

Also, north end stands would be great, there shouldn't be a separate bar area, the whole place should be for drinking :)

Wildgreek
05-05-2009, 04:52 PM
How about the Extra Time countdown?

It sucks not knowing how much time is to be added.

yeah i agree....whats the deal with that????

Cambridge_Red
05-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Free boat rides for 3 ???

robert32
05-05-2009, 05:25 PM
i dont know why they dont put the extra time on the smaller video screen... where they have the "esquire added time." why dont they actually put up a timer so we can see how much more time there is....

egoodwin
05-05-2009, 05:25 PM
I'M ON A BOAT!

Also put some damn outlets in the NW tunnel...

morgank1986
05-05-2009, 05:30 PM
I guess this falls under the expansion category but it's always been a pet peeve of mine that you can't draw a line down any part of BMO and have it be symmetrical.

Painting things red and having big fathead graphics are a good idea too though.

robert32
05-05-2009, 05:37 PM
outlets? symmetry???

redcard
05-05-2009, 05:40 PM

its there i have seen it in person...

graeme117
05-05-2009, 05:40 PM
move the accessible seating in the south end (the area right behind the net) to the north end, turn it into a little standing area, no expansion, helps with chanting, fills out the south end

Redpunkfiddle
05-05-2009, 05:47 PM
i dont know why they dont put the extra time on the smaller video screen... where they have the "esquire added time." why dont they actually put up a timer so we can see how much more time there is....

I am pretty sure someone in the know said that FIFA doesn't allow extra time to be posted at the stadium (presumably because the ref has discretion about adding extra added time and they don't want to give that info to the crowd to avoid riots, etc)

Cambridge_Red
05-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Yes electrical outlets ffs why aren't there any in the NW corner?

billyfly
05-05-2009, 07:33 PM
its there i have seen it in person...

What can I say, I believe you. I never thought I was that drunk to start the game...

Gonna look extra hard next time.

billyfly
05-05-2009, 07:40 PM
I've said this in other threads but imagine how nice gate 3 could be with a beautiful giant wrought iron Canadian coat of arms (i know you still have it somewhere in storage MLSE!)

Shway
05-05-2009, 10:31 PM
MANDATORY"

1. Grass
2. Roof

THE NECESSARY

1. Wall surrounding BMO (so many times i have thought about throwing a couple of flares when nobody's at the game - BURN THE PLASTIC!)

2. "Get ropes or barriers so that people stand in line ALONG the concourse" - parkdale

3. Electronic Ad Boards

4. Red and White Netting

5. Remove Beer Garden!!!!

6. More Red (i.e concrete)

7. Making the East Stand, and South Stands closer to the field (if possible, the table seats need to go!!!!, ive sat there before, and the seats suck, you only see the waist and up

8. Giving the kids that come out some REPLICA KITS

9. ``Toronto FC logo pitch side ala FCB logo at the Camp Nou - LucaGol

10. OPEN GATES

Shway
05-05-2009, 10:33 PM
MANDATORY"

1. Grass
2. Roof

THE NECESSARY

1. Wall surrounding BMO (so many times i have thought about throwing a couple of flares when nobody's at the game - BURN THE PLASTIC!)

2. "Get ropes or barriers so that people stand in line ALONG the concourse" - parkdale

3. Electronic Ad Boards

4. Red and White Netting

5. Remove Beer Garden!!!!

6. More Red (i.e concrete)

7. Making the East Stand, and South Stands closer to the field (if possible, the table seats need to go!!!!, ive sat there before, and the seats suck, you only see the waist and up

8. Giving the kids that come out some REPLICA KITS

9. ``Toronto FC logo pitch side ala FCB logo at the Camp Nou - LucaGol

10. OPEN GATES EARLIER!!!!!

IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK

college st
05-05-2009, 10:40 PM
On all entrance gates it should say "All For One" so people can see it before they enterr

billyfly
05-05-2009, 10:41 PM
^ That's what I am talking about. MLSINTORONTO (Paul B) hear our cries!

flatpicker
05-05-2009, 10:55 PM
I agree with some of the cosmetic suggestions people have mentioned.
BMO could do with a little added 'class' and character.

But I will repeat that I think getting rid of the beer garden is a big 'must'!
Having the extra seats in the north would close in the stadium more and create a more intimate environment.
I know they don't have room for a lot of seats in the north, but even 1500-2000 would make a huge difference.
Also, the opportunity to move all the members of supporter groups into one area would make a huge difference to the atmosphere at BMO.
Everyone would be happy; fans would be exactly where they want to be, and cheer and celebrate they way they like without conflicting with those around them.
It seems like an obvious choice for me... and it has nothing to do with expanding BMO... it just needs tidying up a little.

Shway
05-05-2009, 10:57 PM
^^^tidying up is the right word
not alot, but a substantiate amount

profit89
05-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Roof

stugautz
05-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Get rid of the beer garden in the north end, put stands in it's place (for visiting supporters, no season seats allowed and everybody will know these seats go on sale 2 weeks prior to game time if there are any available) under these stands add more washrooms and concessions. Problems solved!

Shway
05-06-2009, 12:15 PM
At the beginnging of the games when were announcing the players let the stadium announcer say ;number 9 Danny, crowd says DICHIO! number 14 Dwayne, crowd DE ROSARIO, number 33 Carl, crowd ROBINSON!!

they did it at the arsenal champions league game

egoodwin
05-06-2009, 12:27 PM
At the beginnging of the games when were announcing the players let the stadium announcer say ;number 9 Danny, crowd says DICHIO! number 14 Dwayne, crowd DE ROSARIO, number 33 Carl, crowd ROBINSON!!

That already happens

Shway
05-06-2009, 12:28 PM
That already happens

barely sounds like it

C.Ronaldo
05-06-2009, 12:39 PM
^ that happens already.

what have you been?

TicTacTabarnack
05-06-2009, 12:46 PM

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v241/113/77/677431501/n677431501_759050_2940.jpg

ExiledRed
05-06-2009, 12:55 PM

You dont actually go to many matches do you?

This has been done, every single match that we have ever played at home.

TicTacTabarnack
05-06-2009, 12:56 PM
I put this in the complaint section ... But I guess it applies here:

Can BMO Field replace the shitty hand dryers!?!? I can blow on my hands more efficiently than that garbage you have installed. Here's a suggested replacement as these dryers kick ass!!!:

http://www.o3solutions.com/images/XLerator-Dryer-w.jpg

Get'r done!

Other than that ... +1000 on Parkdale's suggestion for crowd control / coordination of line ups.

fetajr
05-06-2009, 01:27 PM
re-pave the beer patio so that its on an incline, that way where ever you stand, you'll be able to see the whole field.

Blizzard
05-06-2009, 01:28 PM

Can BMO Field replace the shitty hand dryers!?!? I can blow on my hands more efficiently than that garbage you have installed. Here's a suggested replacement as these dryers kick ass!!!:

Get'r done!

Other than that ... +1000 on Parkdale's suggestion for crowd control / coordination of line ups.

Those things are awesome. I first ran across them years ago at the West Edmonton Mall while on vacation.

billyfly
05-06-2009, 01:36 PM
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v241/113/77/677431501/n677431501_759050_2940.jpg

I am at most games so I don't see too many home games live. Last Saturday's game being one of those I didnt make. When CBC showed Brennan touching the ceiling it was right before a stair case going down. I don't think this is it, but its the idea I had anyway.

Suds
05-06-2009, 01:39 PM

Get'r done!

hahaha ... those hand dryers at BMO have to be the worst I have come across ... they are basically useless

Pookie
05-06-2009, 01:52 PM
My Top Whatever

1. Grass
2. Roof
3. More Washrooms (love the idea of demolishing the beer garden making way for more urinals)
4. Make the merchandising outlets accessible prior to the match. Perhaps similar to the ACC and Centresports or get a license to sell outside the stadium. Lines are always long and if it were open early, many would shop beforehand, hopefully reducing the concourse congestion.
5. Update the audio/video on the website to include new chants (similar to the RPB CDs)
6. Add clocks in the concourse or at least play a chime to let fans know when the players have come back to the pitch at the start of the second half
7. Do something about the bugs, particularly in the 200's. Is Bitchie still around? Would she eat bugs?
8. Kick anyone out that starts the "West side stand up" chant

C.Ronaldo
05-06-2009, 02:21 PM
^West side stand up!!!!

why you gotta hate for?

so many people here make it seem that chants are a religious right granted to the select few, and can only be chosen if sung at the top European clubs.

part of the fun is having spontaneous chants that weren't planned, like west side stand up, and chubby chubby Hartman.

you guys forget that the west side is asleep half the game with newbies who need simple chants to wake them up.

Cadaren
05-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Put a stand over top of the beer garden. Put anything resembling a roof over the stands, even if it does nothing but reflect noise.

Love all the cosmetic suggestions so far. The red brick fence and the coat of arms the most.

Pookie
05-06-2009, 02:54 PM
part of the fun is having spontaneous chants that weren't planned, like west side stand up, and chubby chubby Hartman.

you guys forget that the west side is asleep half the game with newbies who need simple chants to wake them up.

I dislike 2 things about this chant.

1. It's not spontaneous. It's usually number 3 on the set list behind "Oh when the Reds" and "T-F-C clap clap clap."

Speaking of spontaneous I'm waiting for day that a leather lunged person starts the "Go FC Go" (ala Go Leafs Go). Thankfully that day has never come.

2. Once they stand up... then what?

If you combined it with something between the stands such as "Qu'est-ce que vous chantez?" or even something like "All Together" then that would serve a purpose.

NF-FC
05-06-2009, 03:08 PM
enclose those awful looking staircases to the press box with brick and glass. That'll give the stadium an actual facade. Right now it just looks incomplete.

Dozitwin
05-06-2009, 03:10 PM
tim, have you ever actually purchased anything in your life? :D

i'm assuming this thread is not about the obvious grass/seating expansion. personally, i'd like to see more stuff painted red. i'd also like to see the smoke that is used also changed to red. red, red, red.

Red smoke would be good but I would much rather see the position of the smoke moved so that we are not constantly smoking out our own keeper at the start of every game.

NF-FC
05-06-2009, 03:11 PM
also, paint the concrete facing of the stands red or apply some sort of TFC banner graphic to the surface, and paint the railings dark onyx

NF-FC
05-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Red smoke would be good but I would much rather see the position of the smoke moved so that we are not constantly smoking out our own keeper at the start of every game.

move it in front of the opposing keeper, and keep it going the whole game

Section225
05-06-2009, 03:17 PM
the smoke is dumb, get rid of it....it's right along the same lines as flashing "GET LOUD" signs and amplified cheering sounds coming from the speakers at NBA, NFL, MLB games.

..and then we wonder why our league is called a mickey mouse league.

Get rid of the smoke machines. If there is smoke it should be coming from the stands, not created by MLSE.

Dozitwin
05-06-2009, 03:22 PM

Dude they do this at every game already.

Dozitwin
05-06-2009, 03:24 PM

Get'r done!

definitely a must.....the airblade is also a good option.

MFBODD
05-06-2009, 03:47 PM
http://www.gentworks.co.uk/images/P/VR%20Trough%20L.jpg

rocker
05-06-2009, 04:22 PM
i don't wash my hands after taking a piss. problem solved. urine is sterile.