PDA

View Full Version : TFC Roster

sampace
05-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Just looking at the Roster, and how the season has gone so far...what moves would you like to see to improve our team? Should the team give more playing time to Nana Attakora-Gyan?

Should we put Ibrahim upfront instead of Dichio? Or are we waiting for White to return and then we will go to a formation upfront of Vitti, White and Barrett?

Some mentioned that they'd like Dichio to retire, but I actually like him on the team. He is an excellent experienced player who can come off the bench, and a veteran leader in the locker room.

I'd much rather see Toronto dump either one or both of the back up goalies. But they need to scout out some cheap, decent Canadian goalies who are up and coming and can take their spots. Would save on cap space and fill in, in a pinch. Edwards should be traded ASAP. Sutton, moved after they acquire a decent, cheaper back up.

I like Barrett's work ethic and think he should be kept. Ricketts might be good trading bait if we want a more experienced CB. Especially with the emergence of Cronin, Ricketts is more expendible. We can always put Ibrahim in midfield as well.

Finally, if we could lock Wynne up I'd be happy. I'd love to see him retire as a TFC lifer! But the more he playes, the better he shows, and at 23 it is a matter of time before he goes over the pond.

What do you guys think should be done? :flare::scarf:

Nuvinho
05-05-2009, 12:41 PM
get the roster to 24 SOON.....and the 24th man be a CB......then we are done!!

Lucky Strike
05-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Some thoughts:

- If Dichio can still be effective and healthy, I'd like him to stay.
- Vitti might not be back next season as he is on loan. He looks good but has yet to score.
- Edwards is, in my view, the odd man out.
- Ricketts will only be back at a discounted salary, if at all, should he continue to struggle. Though in fairness, he hasn't much chance to re-gain his shirt because others are playing well.

ensco
05-05-2009, 12:50 PM

Well, here's someone that maybe could have been that guy....suspect we'll never get someone of this pedigree...oh well

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=afp-fblengprliverpoolfingerhyypia&prov=afp&type=lgns

poppamidnight
05-05-2009, 12:56 PM
Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa...

"Dump one or both our goalies"
....Ummm HELLO!!!!
Frei has given many hints of his interest in Europe and by all indications will be good enough to sell in the future.
So why would we deal our backups?
Frei's development has been so good theres the possibility he could be sold within the next yr

-Barret - work ethic doesn't = goals/wins... Im still sketched on him, and wouldn't mind him being dealt (I think our longterm would be brighter with OB White + Vitti with Ibbe off the bench.

-I completely agree w/ you on Nana though... He's really our #1 defensive sub/fill-in as of now... I was still scratching my head when Harmse got the call as a sub before nana a couple games ago

InTheCrowd
05-05-2009, 01:26 PM
I want a strong CB as our 24th roster spot!

T.Reis
05-05-2009, 01:58 PM

Agreed, and if we are also talking about specific guys getting more responsability then I would like to see Johann Smith actually be used a little more.

hodgkiss
05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
guys like nana should be getting playing time for sure when we are playing teams like the caps (tomorrow) not only doe sit give us a chance to see what these guys can do, it gives time for some of our regular guys to start.

i'm hoping for something like:

---------------------sutton----------------------

wynne-------nana-------serioux-------brennan

ricketts-------guevara------cronin-------smith

--------------barrett------------vitti-------------

bench:

velez, dero, frei, robbo, dichio, gala, ibrahim

if all goes well by 70', then replace barrett and vitti with ibrahim and/or gala and maybe velez in for one of the back 4 (in for nana if we're losing)

would love to see what obrian white could do or even one of the young african players...