PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for improving gameday experience at BMO

bee dubya
05-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Would it be possible to see the opposition line-up on the scoreboard before the game?

Would it be possible to see our available subs on the scoreboard before the game?

Can we ask the announcer to stop requesting that the fans "hold your scarves up high" before the anthem? People know the drill now and I think it would look better on TFC fans if we did it without being asked to do it.

DOMIN8R
05-05-2009, 11:35 AM
How about everyone be in there seats at the start of the game and for the after intermission start of the second half. FFS.

C.Ronaldo
05-05-2009, 11:39 AM
how about good half time show.

the first game was amazing, with the highschool band

get us something at half time, ANYTHING but the stupid pizza game

trane
05-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Wins and good footy.

TFC Cityboy
05-05-2009, 11:44 AM
a new announcer would do...can't stand that wanker- sounds like he should either be a sportscaster on CityTV or at a hockey game.

DOMIN8R
05-05-2009, 11:46 AM
........and a better sound system s that you can hear the music when it's played.

I know, I know - "go post in the complaints thread"

trane
05-05-2009, 11:48 AM
104-105 should be supporter sections, and the visitng supporters shuold be pushed out.

T-Bird
05-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Can't we get someone to actually come in and sing the anthems?

denime
05-05-2009, 11:49 AM
........and a better sound system s that you can hear the music when it's played.

I know, I know - "go post in the complaints thread"

:drum: :D

shawn6597
05-05-2009, 11:50 AM

no man, we sing the anthem

Carefree
05-05-2009, 11:54 AM
How about everyone be in there seats at the start of the game and for the after intermission start of the second half. FFS.
:iagree:
I just don't get why people pay $40-$60 to see a game that lasts just 90 minutes and show up 15 minutes after the opening whistle. And I don't buy the various excuses I've seen when this topic gets discussed. Special circumstances would explain if 3-5% of people showed up late every now and then, but EVERY game about a third of the seats are empty when play starts.

Fort York Redcoat
05-05-2009, 11:57 AM
WT...

I don't care to see the opposition on my scoreboard.
I've never seen the half time show and never missed the start of the second half (sometimes I miss one out of the piss, pint, and pie options but that's neither here nor there)
and yes we can sing the anthem ourselves. Almost all anthem singers now screw with the timing so no one can sing along.

rocker
05-05-2009, 11:58 AM
turn the songs off before the game so we can hear the chants before the anthems.
sometimes I find it annoying that they play music like ACDC (a band I love, to be honest!) right up until near gametime. one time a song started with Brian Johnson's awful growling scream and my old father was like "what the hell is that?" with this sour look on his face.

i also didn't like the commercials blasting over the PA during halftime a few games ago. I think it was advertising some movie. but I found it annoying.

i also think they should stop serving food and beer at games so that the fatso and his fat wife three rows down from me will stop coming and going with food and beer 5 times a game. They eat so many hotdogs and slices of pizza during the 90 minutes. stop interrupting everyone to get your sustenance!

KRO
05-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Is anyone else irritated by the stadium announcer telling us what the score is at half and full time. Maybe I'm over sensitive but I think it's an insult to my intelligence. It gives me the impression that the power's that be need to tell us just in case we couldn't work it out for ourselves.

I posted this in the complaints thread yesterday. Anyone else feel the same way?

Mark in Ottawa
05-05-2009, 12:14 PM
Careful... King Dave might be reading this ;)
He has already got loads of experience.

Mark in Ottawa
05-05-2009, 12:18 PM
How about a standalone cart in the concourse for coffee &/or tea &/or hot chocolate?

Especially during games when the temperature is below 10 degrees or it is wet and miserable! A nice cuppa would do wonders.

Raging Reggie
05-05-2009, 12:23 PM
how about one lucky winner gets to have a drink off with nigel reed at halftime, see who can do the most shots, then he goes back to the both, that way, win win situation for the people in the stands AND the fans at home

Carts
05-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Some good points in here...

Not announcing the "hold your scraf up high" anymore I think is the right move. The supporters and regular season ticket holders will do it, and hopefully those who don't know will follow along...

An anthem singer. I have no problem with guest singers to do the anthem. Just because they are singing doesn't mean we can't sing along (and even drown them out LOL)...

Stand alone 'quick concession' carts against the outside fence is a good idea. On games when its chilly, give the people who want coffee/hot chocolate quick access is a good thing. Likewise in the heat, swap that stand for an added cool drinks & beers stands...

Carts...

ensco
05-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Bring in the Bundesliga tradition of the "Torhymne" ("goal song"). The same song is played, loud, each time the home team scores. The song changes each year, often by a fan vote.

Some are cheesy, some are better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wiXsAflqgg

(The Bayern one is particularly bad this year. Frankfurt's cracks me up. I like HSV best, which is a great cut from Viva la Vida)

Suds
05-05-2009, 12:38 PM
turn the songs off before the game so we can hear the chants before the anthems.
sometimes I find it annoying that they play music like ACDC (a band I love, to be honest!) right up until near gametime. one time a song started with Brian Johnson's awful growling scream and my old father was like "what the hell is that?" with this sour look on his face.

Agreed with all the music blasting before game time. I guess they are trying to fill the void somehow and build the atmosphere but I find it annoying as hell ... besides, when I'm berating the goalie during warm-up from the beer garden he can't hear shit unless the music stops!! :D

.. and get the beer sellers who are walking around to add some Canadian tallboys to the mix... sorry, I can't stand Carlsberg.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
05-05-2009, 12:43 PM
BYOB :cheers:

Hitcho
05-05-2009, 12:45 PM
i also think they should stop serving food and beer at games so that the fatso and his fat wife three rows down from me will stop coming and going with food and beer 5 times a game

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

jaahuuu
05-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Would it be possible to see our available subs on the scoreboard before the game?
They used to do this. I'm not sure why they stopped.

olegunnar
05-05-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't know what they're called, but they have them at banks where you line up at the teller. They have them at the airport where you line up to check in, they have them at the movies where you line up to get your tickets. The posts that connect to form barriers.

They need those on the concourses so that the line ups for the pisser and concessions (excluding the main stands where there's no option) can go north south...instead of blocking the concourse.

Why they can't run the pisser lines along the wall is beyond me.

Ratven
05-05-2009, 12:53 PM
Bring in the Bundesliga tradition of the "Torhymne" ("goal song"). The same song is played, loud, each time the home team scores. The song changes each year, often by a fan vote.

(The Bayern one is particularly bad this year. Frankfurt's cracks me up. I like HSV best, which is a great cut from Viva la Vida)

Honestly I think that's one of the things we really DON'T need... one thing that's so amazing is the pure joy and excitement every time we score (doesn't happen THAT often), and the passion that comes out in chants right after it. Anything like that would kill it.

In 60 years when we're at the top of the league and are bored by all the scoring, stuff like this will help get everyone into it, but for now, we're the best soundtrack for goals by far.

Suds
05-05-2009, 12:55 PM
They used to do this. I'm not sure why they stopped.

I'd also like the time clock to continue when extra time is announced each half. Not sure if it is possible to change the colour of the timer or something like that. It would be nice to glance up and get an idea of when extra time is done.

olegunnar
05-05-2009, 12:58 PM
How about a time clock in the concourse at halftime.

Suds
05-05-2009, 01:14 PM
How about a time clock in the concourse at halftime.

yeah, good idea ... or have that or something that notifies fans the game is about to start in 5 minutes (maybe they already do an I've just never noticed it) ... might help with getting fans back to their seats for the start of the second half

Fort York Redcoat
05-05-2009, 01:14 PM

No Thank You.

Anyone still like Blur's Song 2?

T-Bird
05-05-2009, 01:20 PM

He's exactly who I was referring to!!

T-Bird
05-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh and TV's in the washrooms! Not that I want to spend ANY time in there while the game is on but if it is an emergency and they score while I'm in there I would like to see it!

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Get the scanners fixed..... in the weekend put the EPL/SPL scores on the board at entry time..lets us in 90 mins before ko...have the academy teams play before the first team...

H Bomb
05-05-2009, 01:35 PM
Get the scanners fixed..... in the weekend put the EPL/SPL scores on the board at entry time..lets us in 90 mins before ko...have the academy teams play before the first team...

no man, dont do that...find em on your cell phone if you need em, people record those games and watch em later! people like me!!! :D

Suds
05-05-2009, 01:39 PM
..lets us in 90 mins before ko...have the academy teams play before the first team...

it has been mentioned so many times that people want an earlier entry time .. I guess the cost to have all staff there 30 minutes earlier prevents this (I can't really see any other reason not to)

a few academy games throughout the summer would be great ... it was mentioned in another thread

billyfly
05-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Not that it would enhance the experience but (apologies to my MANC brothers) paint "THIS IS BMO. THIS IS OUR HOUSE" in the tunnel where the players come out. CBC is showing that at the beginning of games and I noticed several players touch the ceiling before coming out.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-05-2009, 01:47 PM
no man, dont do that...find em on your cell phone if you need em, people record those games and watch em later! people like me!!! :D

i do the same...but for most games at BMO even the afternoon ones..i dont get back to brantford till 12:20 am so knowing the scores this late in the season would be great.:scarf:

mastermixer
05-05-2009, 01:50 PM
:iagree:
I just don't get why people pay $40-$60 to see a game that lasts just 90 minutes and show up 15 minutes after the opening whistle. And I don't buy the various excuses I've seen when this topic gets discussed. Special circumstances would explain if 3-5% of people showed up late every now and then, but EVERY game about a third of the seats are empty when play starts.

Unfortunately, Go Train service only runs every hour on the weekends, so if you miss one train, you might miss some of the game. Believe me it happened and it sucks!

Urtdachig
05-05-2009, 01:52 PM
RE: Singer for national anthem

I will never forget at the Canada-Jamaica game last summer at BMO how pumped the Jamaican fans were after the live rendition of their anthem, if done right, with the right singer, it can provide all kinds of energy to the stadium.

Technorgasm
05-05-2009, 01:56 PM
GET RID OF THE URINALS AND IN PUT TROUGHS!!!!

I mean, come on!

- WAAAAAaaY more environmentally sound,
- quicker and more efficient,
- cuts down on clogged concourse
- less maintenance.
- Lower maintenance costs

Its win, win , win , win win.

(oh, and more flashing of boobs)

Yohan
05-05-2009, 02:24 PM
blood sacrifice of a scalper to Tchernobog

H Bomb
05-05-2009, 02:51 PM
RE: Singer for national anthem

I will never forget at the Canada-Jamaica game last summer at BMO how pumped the Jamaican fans were after the live rendition of their anthem, if done right, with the right singer, it can provide all kinds of energy to the stadium.

In truth I think it would be better if they only played the first verse or so over the intercom with our National anthem. Singers tend to drag things out a little to promote their talents, and while this works for some tunes, it doesnt for our anthem as it's a quick tune. I think if they turned off the music (or turned it up as another alternate) then we'd do an even better gob of synchronizing the entire stadium with one voice.

tim90
05-05-2009, 03:28 PM
more promo gavewaey and gave game notes for all season tickets holder and mediaguide

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-05-2009, 03:30 PM
more promo gavewaey and gave game notes for all season tickets holder and mediaguide

a match programme, not the cheap free kick one MLS puts out but a proper one done like the leafs,raps,jays etc.

jabbronies
05-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Fix the beer cups and lids!!!

Davenport
05-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Install grass.

Davenport
05-05-2009, 03:42 PM
....and a proper match day programme.
I could do it.

olegunnar
05-05-2009, 03:45 PM
They could give concession staff one free ticket per year each.

Maybe if they knew/understood what was going on or felt a bit involved in something, they might act like they give a shit for a change.

T-Bird
05-05-2009, 03:48 PM
Accept my damn ID and sell me beer! Half their beer staff is younger than me! What is this? Columbus?

scooter
05-05-2009, 03:53 PM

now there's one

how about stop throwing shite too

jabbronies
05-05-2009, 03:58 PM

The first one is easy, the second, not so much.

I had to take a piss last game, I left when the whistle blew, Didn't get back until 5 minutes in. I didn't even stop for a beer! the lineup to leave the section and get into the concourse took 4 minutes alone!!

C.Ronaldo
05-05-2009, 03:59 PM
1)bathrooms
2)quicker food service
3)game clock at half time INSIDE
4)do away with those stupid party rooms and those STUPID VIP seats by the beer tent and allow for more standing.

My god i hate those VIP/court side seats.

uncle p
05-05-2009, 04:07 PM
I dont know why but it has always made me laugh that our scoreboard tells us what half we are in...as if we couldnt figure it out by the minute mark or the 20 minute HALFTIME break!!!

Nevermind, i know why it makes me laugh

scooter
05-05-2009, 04:18 PM
it has been mentioned so many times that people want an earlier entry time .. I guess the cost to have all staff there 30 minutes earlier prevents this (I can't really see any other reason not to)

a few academy games throughout the summer would be great ... it was mentioned in another thread

yes that would be great
i was thinking about going to the game at ester shriner on the 16th at 3pm but all of a sudden i realized oh its game day shite:scarf::scarf::scarf::flare::flare::scarf::sc arf:

Gobi
05-05-2009, 04:18 PM
Fix the beer cups and lids!!!

LOL.
I can't figure out if they're made poorly or if the poor Beer Girls' hands are so frozen they just can't manipulate the damn things.

tim90
05-05-2009, 04:37 PM
gavewaey free tickets for toronto fc academy games

Mojo
05-05-2009, 04:48 PM

Tried that at the beginning, we preferred having ourselves sing the anthems.

Brooker
05-05-2009, 04:49 PM
would a countdown clock outside each gate be that hard or expensive? let's people know when to hurry the hell up and go back in.

move that stupid atm machine inside gate 3 that's beside the washroom so that the WASHROOM LINE CAN STAND AGAINST THE WALL AND NOT BLOCK THE BLOODY CONCOURSE.

i agree with them not telling us to hold our scarves up before the anthem.

LondonToffee
05-05-2009, 04:51 PM

If you want to hear a DJ after your team does something good you can go to any other sporting event in North America.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-05-2009, 05:08 PM

This is great! I love this idea!!!

Vfl Wolfsburg ---- Ramma Langa Ding Dong!!

It's supposed to be a fun jovial mood when we score!! This is fun! i say bring it!!

OneLoveOneEric
05-05-2009, 05:13 PM
How about no anthems altogether, and we just get the game started??
:eek:

ensco
05-05-2009, 05:32 PM
This is great! I love this idea!!!

Vfl Wolfsburg ---- Ramma Langa Ding Dong!!

It's supposed to be a fun jovial mood when we score!! This is fun! i say bring it!!

If you've ever seen a game in Germany, this is great, but it's tricky, they've been doing it for decades, everyone has to buy in and sing along (and I'm getting the strong sense the south end wouldn't!)

Shep
05-05-2009, 05:47 PM
If the walking beer-vendors had cans of Guinness I'd be in heaven.

But I think it's a matter of corporate contracts and probably not doable.

egoodwin
05-05-2009, 06:17 PM
If the walking beer-vendors had cans of Guinness I'd be in heaven.

But I think it's a matter of corporate contracts and probably not doable.
and +1

Steve
05-05-2009, 06:18 PM
Haha, if this thread shows one thing, it's that people are of more than one mind about a lot of things. Anthem singer? Some want it, some don't, some want the music louder, others don't want it at all (or to be stopped after a verse). For the record, when they had anthem singers, this board was almost unanimously in favour of just playing music (which the FO listened to). I find it kind of funny that now some people are taking the lack of singer as a sign the FO is doing something wrong. Crazy.

As for the countdown, I know it's been said on this board (I believe by Paul) that they were not allowed to do that. I assume this is because the ref has the final say, and people can't be trusted to understand that 3 minutes does not mean 3 minutes exactly. If you notice, they also don't show replays on the screen of calls that could be controversial (but that are shown on TV). Again, they don't want to incite the crowd.

Also, the only time I've seen Tim90 post is when he's asking for something for free (in broken english). I really have to wonder about that guy (unless he's a sock puppet of someone on this board, which would be funny).

Finally, the biggest thing for me is probably optimization of resources. By that I mean, optimizing bathroom space, concourse space, and concession stands. None of those things are being used as they could, and MLSE is losing money because they aren't using their resources effectively, not to mention fans not seeing the game, or not getting food even if they want some. So Paul, feel free to message me, my rates are reasonable (for a consultant) ;).

Workie
05-05-2009, 06:27 PM

True the game is ONLY 90min

Blazer
05-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Bring back the tailgating in the parking lots.

RealG-TFC
05-05-2009, 06:59 PM
I don't like the seeats/table on the sidelines. It really bothers me.

TFCWEST
05-05-2009, 07:10 PM
hey everyone, im in london, england right now and caught a crystal palace/sheffield utd. game the other day. It was a fantastic time that so far it's one of the highlights of my trip here in the queen's homeland. Its 12:45 am here, so with an odd break from my hectic tourist schedule, I thought I'd check the boards, and I noticed this topic, and here are some of the things that made for a delightful gameday experience at Selhurst Park.

Walking out into the stands, the first thing I noticed was the fine-detailed square patterned grass before me. The freshly cut grass had a beautiful smell to it that I dream of taking in at BMO field one day. Secondly, about 2,000-4,000 sheffied fans had attended the game held at crystal palace. Their chanting was by far the best i've heard yet(not to knock tfc fans), perfect syncronization, the rhythm was awsome, and the overhangs around the stadium projected their voices unbelievably well. So much infact that I couldn't hear a single word my sister was saying, even though she was sitting adjacent to me. (I can't speak as kindly about the palace fans, who were strangely quiet throughout the game with the exception of a few strong chants(it was their last game & they didn't close the season well, but still.. ). Lastly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, towards the end of the game the police congregated in between the supporters sections, and about 15 announcements were made over the P.A. system(no joke) telling sheffield fans the exit route they should take, and also the palace fans how they should safely leave the grounds, to avoid any conflicts.(columbus trip anyone?) After the level of jawing between the supporters groups ceased, everyone went off on their merry way to the closest pub and that was all there was to it (I also noticed they put a tarp/sheet over a section of seats to separate the groups) Anyways, I was thoroughly impressed with my football experience in south london on Sunday afternoon and hopefully toronto f.c. can reward us fans by taking notes on how they do things over on the other side of the pond.

TFCWEST
05-05-2009, 07:11 PM
sry for spelling mistakes (kinda tired) night

Redpunkfiddle
05-05-2009, 07:18 PM
They need to tweak the player intro video timing still- first game it took too long to get through each player, but the last game they weren't flashing the last name of the player until way too late. My friend who didn't know the names but was ready and willing to participate couldn't join in the call-out.

Yohan
05-05-2009, 07:21 PM
They need to tweak the player intro video timing still- first game it took too long to get through each player, but the last game they weren't flashing the last name of the player until way too late. My friend who didn't know the names but was ready and willing to participate couldn't join in the call-out.
this needs to be done louder

it seemed very... underwhelming last few games

TFCWEST
05-05-2009, 07:26 PM
also the introductions for the players was done superbly, every single person in the 23,000 seat stadium "hurray" the announcement of each player. I found it amusing that the P.A. announcer purposely hurried through the visiting team's lineup, to prevent the sheffield fans from getting their hurrays in.

jabbronies
05-06-2009, 08:08 AM
LOL.
I can't figure out if they're made poorly or if the poor Beer Girls' hands are so frozen they just can't manipulate the damn things.

No, it's the beer cups. I've tried it myself and I get it right maybe 50% of the time. There are about 4 different ways (techniques) that you can get it on. And they all don't always work. You have to cycle through the 4 of them to figure out which trick will work. I saw one guy smash his cup on the counter, spilling all his beer trying to get it on.....damn cups...:rant:

flatpicker
05-06-2009, 08:14 AM

I totally agree with you.

There are many of us who know all the names, but there are thousands of people who don't know all the names well.

I often see people who are not sure what to shout during intros.

This is something they can fix very easily.

Can the announcer see the big screen?
If so, he needs to time it better with the player pics.

mlsintoronto... I know you can fix this!!!! :)

kodiakTFC
05-06-2009, 08:43 AM
I agree with most of your ideas but I disagree with discontinuing of "hold your scarves up high" for the anthem. I know most people know to do but it really encourages the average fan to do so, and i think thats important.

jaahuuu
05-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Oh and TV's in the washrooms! Not that I want to spend ANY time in there while the game is on but if it is an emergency and they score while I'm in there I would like to see it!
This would have come in handy last game. It was the first time in 3 seasons I left my seat during the game and I missed the Columbus goal.

a match programme, not the cheap free kick one MLS puts out but a proper one done like the leafs,raps,jays etc.
Hell, I'd settle for a sheet of paper with the rosters of both teams on it.

Pookie
05-06-2009, 11:54 AM
how about good half time show.

What would be more productive would be to wheel in about 50 porta-potties...

T-Bird
05-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Haha, if this thread shows one thing, it's that people are of more than one mind about a lot of things. Anthem singer? Some want it, some don't, some want the music louder, others don't want it at all (or to be stopped after a verse). For the record, when they had anthem singers, this board was almost unanimously in favour of just playing music (which the FO listened to). I find it kind of funny that now some people are taking the lack of singer as a sign the FO is doing something wrong. Crazy. .

I have never actually seen anyone at a game sing the anthem...KD aside, so I can't judge whether it would be beneficial or not but I can say that I LOVE hearing our anthem sung really well...almost brings a tear to the eye *sniff*

werewolf
05-21-2009, 04:31 PM
Play this song after everytime we score -

IWKhbR33bww

BC101
05-21-2009, 04:32 PM

IWKhbR33bww

AGREED!!! CO SIGNED and everything else that can be attributed to this getting played.

LVD07
05-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Didn't they play that song at Euro 2008 when a team scored? This song is awesome and should be played at TFC games.

kitchener-TFC
05-21-2009, 08:21 PM
^ Yes they did! Sick goal song!

tim90
05-21-2009, 08:23 PM
gamenotes for season ticket holder and mediaguide gamepogrem

Erkan16
05-21-2009, 08:24 PM
i agree with the above. great goal song.

prizby
05-21-2009, 08:38 PM
I like how they do it at Werder Bremen during a substitution

Announcer: Now coming onto the pitch DANNNNNNNNNNNY

Fans: DICHIOOOOOO

something like that

I would love to see some sort of celebration song/noise/fire works/something after a goal like they do in hockey or baseball

i think that goal song was used for fifa world cup/euro 2008 can't remember

Redpunkfiddle
05-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Negative, Houston we have a problem, etc...

Its exciting enough scoring the damn goal.

menefreghista
05-21-2009, 09:57 PM
Negative, Houston we have a problem, etc...

Its exciting enough scoring the damn goal.

Agreed.

People make me laugh, they try so hard to be authentic, and as soon as Europe copies something from North America they can't wait to copy it too.

What is this? Baseball? Hockey? We don't need a post-goal song played over the stadium PA system. No thanks.

BC101
05-21-2009, 10:01 PM
What the hell are you talking about? we're not copying anything it was just cool that they had the song it had nothing to do with being in the Euro...They could've played that song in the African Cup of nations or fucking gold cup it'd be the same thing. I'd want to use it... Christ...

werewolf
05-21-2009, 10:04 PM
I don't know what it means to copy Europe copying North America...anyways...

that song is most excellent.

menefreghista
05-21-2009, 10:07 PM
I don't know what it means to copy Europe copying North America...anyways...

that song is most excellent.

So you like being told when to cheer like they do at baseball games?

BC101
05-21-2009, 10:08 PM
fuck.. Ok sorry GM iam getting outta this convo now before i lose control.

werewolf
05-21-2009, 10:09 PM
:rofl:

I am not sure who needs to be told to cheer after a goal, but I assure I am not one of them.

Roogsy
05-21-2009, 10:13 PM
I like the idea, it adds to the atmosphere.

I don't care if Europe does it or doens't so it. Whether someone does it or not does not change my mind as to whether it's a good idea, and it shouldn't for any of us.

It should be judged on it's merits...and when we score....it party time! :party:

BC101
05-21-2009, 10:15 PM

IWKhbR33bww:party:

BRed
05-22-2009, 12:31 AM
viva la vida would be sick for TFC, specially given the fact that Coldplay sells out 2 shows in 3 mins everytime they come to Toronto..(hold your punishment, my ex was a big fan...I like some og their songs but that's besides the point).

I really feel like if the RPB's started that chant it would keep going around the stadium.

BRed
05-22-2009, 12:41 AM
I don't know about the song after the goal being played, nor do I think the song choice is appropriate for T.O.

1)It's a played out song.

2)It has no connection with our style of play..definately we do not play samba style ..lol

Also, the crowd singing their own songs after a goal is more raw, more respectable than having bells and whistles.

*Note: If everyone agreed to do this song and I was at BMO and the Tribal Crew was playing it with their drums I would join in like a MFKR...bc Toronto til I die.....

RicoSuave44
05-22-2009, 01:39 AM
OK

1) Please Please Please tell Tim what's his face to stop telling the fans to "hold your scarves up high". It sounds so Disneyland. It makes me feel like I'm at the Rogers Centre where a giant screen is telling me how and when to cheer. Trust me Paul, it makes everyones teeth hurt when he says that. Bin it!

2) Don't play songs after we score. It's what the other teams' stadiums in MLS do because their fans don't make enough noise. Some of our best chants get started right after a goal, especially specific player appreciation chants. Maybe the goal song cue works well in Germany, but Germans are so easily lead. OK bad joke. But please, no goal songs.

3) Why does the clock stop at 45' and 90'??!! Simple question, easy solution!

4) A hot tea/coffee stand for cold weather games is a great idea! I'll add an idea for hot summer days - ice tubs full of 500mL spring water for $1. NO, I did not say Disani at $4.25.

5) An announcement saying 'play will begin/restart soon' before the match and at half. Help get some of the dawdlers to their seats.

And somehow we must stop these scenesters from being all fuckin A.D.D. during the game. I had to move for these two girls at least 7 times last match. First it was food, then a beer, then oops forgot my bf Gino's beer, then a bathroom break. Then a ciggy during the match. Then just a walkabout. IT'S NOT A FUCKING NIGHTCLUB ASSHOLES. TRY DOING THAT AT ANFIELD!! Of course at about the 78th minute the group got up to leave early. I was so happy that many people cursed them for it. I know now it's not just a few of us who are frustrated.

That's enough ranting for one night. I'll be back tomorrow with more

CretanBull
05-22-2009, 01:57 AM
^ agree comepletely - especially the point about the water. Disani tastes like shit, and I know that you want to sell me $13 beers, but in the middle of the summer have some decency and provide cheap water and/or more water fountains.

Hooligan69
05-22-2009, 02:11 AM
I couldn't be bothered spending what little money I have at BMO Field although I did get a hot dog recently. Maybe if prices were a little lower, I wouldn't feel like I've just been robbed blind. Money doesn't grow on trees.

Pookie
05-22-2009, 06:12 AM
3) Why does the clock stop at 45' and 90'??!! Simple question, easy solution!

It probably stems from FIFA where the "Referee is the sole judge of time." I would bet there is a mandate not to display anything beyond the number of minutes that would be added.

Face it, there is some discretion with extra time. It's not like the Ref automatically blows the play down at exactly 3:00, with the ball in flight towards a yawning goal.

Similarly, if Schelotto (or Guevara) is nursing a lead in extra time and all of a sudden experience sudden shin pain, it's not as though the Ref will blow the play down with the stretcher (or air ambulance) en route. He would likely add time to his extra time.

If you added a clock and the expectation from 20,000 people that 3:00 is the time no matter what, you invite a hell of a number of potential problems for the Ref.

Agreed with your other suggestions.

Darlofletch
05-22-2009, 12:17 PM
I would love to see some sort of celebration song/noise/fire works/something after a goal like they do in hockey or baseball

Please no, that's the one thing that drives me absolutely nuts about watching hockey. The crowd is very rarely into it, and the one time you can guarantee they'll genuinely spontaneously make noise, they drown it out with sirens/foghorns. That never ceases to make me angry.

I love that a tfc game isn't just another north american sporting experience, but it's a proper football crowd that just happens to be in Toronto. Please don't ruin it with all the manufactured crap.:scarf:

Redpunkfiddle
05-22-2009, 12:56 PM
OK

1) Please Please Please tell Tim what's his face to stop telling the fans to "hold your scarves up high". It sounds so Disneyland. It makes me feel like I'm at the Rogers Centre where a giant screen is telling me how and when to cheer. Trust me Paul, it makes everyones teeth hurt when he says that. Bin it!

I thought this may be something that we could drop, but during the two NCC matches he didn't say it and scarf raising participation plummeted (at least in the two non supporters areas I watched the game from). I know people didn't have the US anthem before to get ready, but sadly it seems like this may be necessary for buy-in from casuals.

Commie Red
05-22-2009, 01:19 PM
I couldn't agree with you more Dalofletch. In fact, I believe the Marlies could sell the AHL experience (specially since the advent of the "TFC hostage pack") if they borrowed from TFC and stopped pipeing in sound over the fans. The fans would be allowed to get in to the experience and have some fun. I hate being told to "Make Some Noise" and asked to cheer cartoons pretending to race on the Jumbotron. The one time people instinctively want to celebrate and make noise, after a goal is scored, they drown it out with a fog horn (ugh!). The players can't hear us. We can't hear ourselves. After awhile people learn to shut-up and sit-on their hands. I don't want any of that at BMO.

Also, I agree with the suggestions for troughs in the washroom. My brother and I no longer drink at the stadium because we hate missing the game due to the line-ups. I know that means at least several hundred dollars TFC is missing out on each game -- just from us two!

rocker
05-22-2009, 01:28 PM
I had to move for these two girls at least 7 times last match. First it was food, then a beer, then oops forgot my bf Gino's beer,

i'm amazed at the consumption of some people.

how about the fat couple with 2 kids that get up and leave.... and come back with 5 hotdogs..... then 10 minutes later get up and leave .. then 20 minutes later come back with 2 slices of pizza.... then get up and leave... and come back with chicken fingers.. then get up and leave and come back with cotton candy and cokes...holy shit!

or the young, strapping guys who go for 2 beers.. then come back... then they get up and go take a piss.. then come back with 2 more beers.. then go for a piss.... holy shit!

or the people who leave in the 80th minute just as a scoring chance is happening, and they STOP TO WATCH THE PLAY before walking away... geezus.. if you don't want to stay with ten minutes to play, then don't stop and watch the game while standing right in front of me!

just watch the fucking game, please. soccer games go so fast, and you know you'll be out in 2 hours after the start. This isn't baseball where you could be there for 4 hours. It's crisp and efficient, so stay in your designated spot and watch the damn game!

romburgundy
05-22-2009, 01:32 PM
How about getting the west stands to liven up a little.

Miko
05-22-2009, 01:40 PM
^^ you first Ramy :)

Brooker
05-22-2009, 02:12 PM
free battery day?

BRed
05-22-2009, 03:37 PM
So you like being told when to cheer like they do at baseball games?

Don't worry man, you just have to give it time til people learn soccer here...

RicoSuave44
05-22-2009, 11:51 PM
but they display stoppage time at premier league matches and other MLS matches.....

werewolf
05-23-2009, 12:00 AM
but they display stoppage time at premier league matches and other MLS matches.....

FIFA regulations for the World Cup, Article 30, Paragraph 5 -

Clocks in the stadium showing the length of time played may run
during the match, provided that they are stopped at the end of normal
playing time in each half, i.e. after 45 and 90 minutes respectively. This
stipulation shall also apply if extra time is played (i.e. after 15 minutes
of each half).

http://www.uefa.com/multimediafiles/download/competitions/worldcup/67/17/65/671765_download.pdf

Mindspin
05-23-2009, 08:50 PM
I'd like to listen to people sing the anthems and be able to hear the player intro's, but the douche with the microphone over in the kiddie area has no clue that they are happening or that the game has started! FFS! I've now stood in the north end twice this season and can't stand it! Who wants to hear "Hey, who's your.. OH Cana.... Good sh... home a.. Alrighty! Great shot get your.. true patriot.. come on over folks!".. !!! Shut the hell up!'

Two games ago the guy went on and on through almost 10 minutes in to the first half. Couldn't they just find someone to tell him when the anthems start? Sheesh.

GuelphStorm2007
05-23-2009, 10:13 PM
I would love to see pre game TIFO covering the whole Stadium similiar to what you see in Argentina and Turkey. I know it will very diffilcult to get 20000 in there seats 20 minutes before Kickoff. And during Halftime Why not have Marching Band preform. Similiar to what you see in NFL games. Hell why not Invite The Argos Marching Band they are pretty good.

ensco
05-23-2009, 10:21 PM
I'd like to listen to people sing the anthems and be able to hear the player intro's, but the douche with the microphone over in the kiddie area has no clue that they are happening or that the game has started! FFS! I've now stood in the north end twice this season and can't stand it! Who wants to hear "Hey, who's your.. OH Cana.... Good sh... home a.. Alrighty! Great shot get your.. true patriot.. come on over folks!".. !!! Shut the hell up!'

Two games ago the guy went on and on through almost 10 minutes in to the first half. Couldn't they just find someone to tell him when the anthems start? Sheesh.

+1 please for the love of god, someone do something about this

Cambridge_Red
05-23-2009, 10:34 PM

Who exactly are you referring to?

Mindspin
05-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Who exactly are you referring to?

I'm referring to the guy with the microphone over where the kids games area across the road outside the stadium. You know, the Rogers promo area with the soccer ball kick and the big inflatable soccer pitch. The guy over there never stops talking right over the anthems and intro's and usually a few minutes in to the game and almost everyone I have been around mentions something about it at some point.

No worries, I am not referring to the NEE at all. I know you guys respect the game and I appreciate being able to hear you guys. The difference is, you guys know when is appropriate. This guy just has no clue. He simply just needs someone to tell him when things are starting inside the stadium so he can shut it down and respect both Anthems and the game.

Pookie
05-24-2009, 08:38 AM
I'm referring to the guy with the microphone over where the kids games area across the road outside the stadium. You know, the Rogers promo area with the soccer ball kick and the big inflatable soccer pitch.

I'd like to see him lose the "T-F-C... woooo!" thing he does.

I find it an interesting dynamic.

On one side you've got the corporate side with their games and opportunities "win this in exchange for your email address and years of spam."

It's not all crap. Some of the juggling skills they have on display are terrific and there are quite a few fun things to do over there.

On the other you have the Tailgates and for certain matches, the marches. Tailgate is set up away from that stuff.

I don't know if was ever offered to Supporter's Groups but I think it would be very powerful to find a way to incorporate both.

Set aside space for pre-game chanting and turn down the Rogers guy (and other piped in music) and let the fans take over. It would be a heck of a way to share the "Gameday experience" and would seemingly help people learn some of the new chants.

Ideally, that atmosphere would carry over into the stadium and hopefully into the "library" sections.

stu!
05-24-2009, 08:46 AM
I would love to see pre game TIFO covering the whole Stadium similiar to what you see in Argentina and Turkey. I know it will very diffilcult to get 20000 in there seats 20 minutes before Kickoff.
How would you see it if you were under it?? :noidea:

Wildgreek
05-24-2009, 08:54 AM
My suggestions are easy
1) have the people who play the steel drums play on beat with chants. Its annoying when the fans are doing one chant and the steel drums are messing up the beat by playing God knows what.
2) have all of the sections in the supports area chant the same chants at the same time. Its annoying when every section is doing a different chant. We sound disorganized and sloppy as fans. Maybe Cappos can be placed at each section and they can communicate with one another via walkie talkies

David_Oliveira
05-24-2009, 09:29 AM
how about more ATMs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

boban
05-24-2009, 09:51 AM
Tell the people in 115 to STFU!!
I sit (stand) in 115 and can't ever get in sinc with the chants in 113-111 becuase guys in my section get their own chants going that only 20 others people are cheering.
Most of the time they are useless anyways chanting stuff like 'Can you hear..' 10 minutes into the game or always adidng a 'fuck' to a chant. I would love for the whole end to chant in unison, but too many chiefs to make that happen.

Erkan16
05-24-2009, 12:40 PM
remind the people upstairs that this is not your corporate Maple Leafs/Raptors team. allow people to have fun and watch the sport the way it is meant to.

there is too much "policing" going on in the stands by security in terms of what we are allowed to bring/wave/stand/etc.

the bottom sections should be all "supporter" rules... and anyone who wants to sit with their laptop/expresso should be advised to sit in the upper decks.

C.Ronaldo
05-24-2009, 01:41 PM
A Freakn Men

rocker
05-24-2009, 01:44 PM
the bottom sections should be all "supporter" rules... and anyone who wants to sit with their laptop/expresso should be advised to sit in the upper decks.

the bottom sections of which sections?

koryo
05-24-2009, 01:52 PM
Shoot midgets out of cannons at the opposing fans when we score?

Erkan16
05-24-2009, 01:55 PM
the bottom sections of which sections?

every section beginning with the #1 should be supporters... and every section beginning with #2 should be corporate.

obviously another upper deck would have to be built to appease the suits, but with this theory each group has a deck to call their own.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9169/16330.jpg

London
05-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Shoot midgets out of cannons at the opposing fans when we score?

please be politicaly correct "shoot "little people" out of cannons!

The Pope
05-24-2009, 02:12 PM

Graduate of the Nascarguy School of Arts ;):D

koryo
05-24-2009, 02:14 PM
please be politicaly correct "shoot "little people" out of cannons!

my bad.

London
05-24-2009, 02:16 PM
my bad.

way off topic but i wonder if they still have midget tossing in windsor??

rocker
05-24-2009, 02:41 PM
every section beginning with the #1 should be supporters... and every section beginning with #2 should be corporate.

obviously another upper deck would have to be built to appease the suits, but with this theory each group has a deck to call their own.

prob is you dont have enough people wanting to stand to fill the whole lower bowl. and you don't have enough people wanting to stand to pay the big bucks to sit on the sides.

koryo
05-24-2009, 04:57 PM
way off topic but i wonder if they still have midget tossing in windsor??

ahem, "little people" tossing.

flatpicker
05-24-2009, 05:56 PM
not sure if it was mentioned...

but regarding the food at BMO:
Is is so difficult to get chicken or veggie dogs served at the hot-dog vendor stands?

I doubt I am the only person at games that would appreciate that.
Every other hot-dog vendor in the GTA manages to have them... why not BMO???

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-24-2009, 06:01 PM
Would it be possible to see the opposition line-up on the scoreboard before the game?

Can we ask the announcer to stop requesting that the fans "hold your scarves up high" before the anthem? People know the drill now and I think it would look better on TFC fans if we did it without being asked to do it.

MLSE just give us a proper TFC match program like the leafs, raps and stop being so tight..the MLS free kick mag sucks.

Zeke_Jones
05-24-2009, 06:37 PM
All i ask for is people not to stand on MY chair, you can stand on your chair or on your friends but ive had too many people fall on top of me after a goal and its not fun being at the bottom of the pile.

Cambridge_Red
05-24-2009, 11:18 PM
I'm referring to the guy with the microphone over where the kids games area across the road outside the stadium. You know, the Rogers promo area with the soccer ball kick and the big inflatable soccer pitch. The guy over there never stops talking right over the anthems and intro's and usually a few minutes in to the game and almost everyone I have been around mentions something about it at some point.

No worries, I am not referring to the NEE at all. I know you guys respect the game and I appreciate being able to hear you guys. The difference is, you guys know when is appropriate. This guy just has no clue. He simply just needs someone to tell him when things are starting inside the stadium so he can shut it down and respect both Anthems and the game.

Ahh never been over there before! ;) Lucky I haven't heard him but I could see how that would be annoying. Get your kid to fire a ball at him :D

Roogsy
05-24-2009, 11:27 PM

What soccer stadium in the world has this? What evidence is there that such a move would have paying support in the stands? I agree with Rocker, this is like asking TFC to build a 100k seat stadium.

Cambridge_Red
05-24-2009, 11:34 PM
Yeah I have to agree supporters sections the whole way around would never work..... Anyways we don't have enough "supporters" per say for this even to work its hard enough getting the current sections to co-operate amongst themselves.

flatpicker
05-25-2009, 12:21 AM
this is what I would rather see.
and it would be the most sensible solution to our "supporter group" needs.

do away with the beer garden.
put in a north stand (a little smaller than the south stand)
allow supporter group members who are season ticket holders to move in first.
give the supporter groups control over distribution of remaining tickets

we all know that BMO was built on a budget.
adding another smaller stand from the same box of lego they used shouldn't be too expensive.
The seats that are freed up by folks moving into the new north end would mostly be cheaper seats and easy to refill with new people.

then the North Stand could be the one and only true Supporter Group section.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k139/brushstroke-man/BMOfieldfuture.jpg

morgank1986
05-25-2009, 12:43 AM
^^^ I like this idea conceptually, but practically I don't think there is any intention to do away with the beer garden and that bar enclosure thing next to the NEE. Looks like we'll have to work with what we've got for a while, and try to coax the quiet pockets of the south to make some noise.

fetajr
05-25-2009, 12:31 PM
remind the people upstairs that this is not your corporate Maple Leafs/Raptors team. allow people to have fun and watch the sport the way it is meant to.

there is too much "policing" going on in the stands by security in terms of what we are allowed to bring/wave/stand/etc.

you got it 100%... they're stripping the spontaneity right out of BMO

flatpicker
05-25-2009, 12:41 PM
^^^ I like this idea conceptually, but practically I don't think there is any intention to do away with the beer garden and that bar enclosure thing next to the NEE. Looks like we'll have to work with what we've got for a while, and try to coax the quiet pockets of the south to make some noise.

I know it's a long shot...

But in another scenario, I doubt it would be too costly to hire some computer tech guys straight out of college, to set up an online sign-up sheet on which STH can say where they are and where they want to move to. Then the system would automatically match up requests. It would be way more effective than the current seat relocation program MLSE has!

fetajr
05-25-2009, 12:53 PM
c&p from "Sit Down"

I know in Chile and Argentina, the seats/benches/concrete stairs in the supporter sections behind the nets are usually not numbered and one only needs a 'galaria' general admission ticket to get in there. Its a first come first stand/sit area

If BMO field did this with the entire south end supporter section, it would be absolute chaos and fucking awesome. One thing for sure is that it would weed out the soccer moms and familys from that area and populate it with fans ready to stand/jump/sing/drink/and barf. Supporters scattered throughout the stadium would trade their random section season ticket for a GA Supporter section season ticket...i know i would, i'm in S220 and currently stand in the beer tent full-time

in the end, this format will pave the way for chanting in sync, loud as fuck, and the synchronized jumping will look insane

trane
05-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Start/play Danny Dichio as much as possible. That would do it for me.

werewolf
05-30-2009, 06:07 AM
http://www.berrichonne.net/joo/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2347&Itemid=148

Fast-forward to 1:40 (when it loads).

P.S. Jacob Mulenga for DP, see here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guwi3NCD9qw

lips
05-30-2009, 06:58 AM
104-105 should be supporter sections, and the visitng supporters shuold be pushed out. Yes it would be nice to stand and not have to worry that your going to get kicked out. I like watching the game not keeping an eye on security to make sure there not heading my way.

RedMAN127
05-30-2009, 10:18 AM

The VIP/Group Section is not that Large and sits in front of the stairs, so stands could be built to the east of it ... I would guess they get much more from seat and beer sales than they do from the beer garden sales alone.

Pookie
05-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Anselmi has been quoted in the papers as suggesting that 8,000 seats could be added by building a second level to the east side and adding more rows in the south end.

He has yet to mention the beer garden.

Which is sad. I think that removing the beer garden would be a great opportunity to add seats, create a visiting supporters "island" thereby giving 104/105 back to the fans and add some more urinals.

I also think it gives the team an advantage through both halves making it difficult for visiting clubs to play in either end.