View Full Version : hard to believe this is the start of the match

NateDoGG
05-04-2009, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h44d4UClAAw fast foward it to 55seconds
i wonder if our south end would ever have the balls to pull that off :P
:scarf:

edit: here is an even better video, so cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQN9HwtDi9A

http://www.super3.gr/gallery/photos/%D0%CF%C4%CF%D3%D6%C1%C9%D1%CF/%C5%CD%D4%CF%D3%20%C5%C4%D1%C1%D3/ARIS-paok/ARIS-paok_08-09_KYPELLO_0-0_PEN_8-9//ARIS-paok_08-09_KYPELLO_0-0_PEN_8-9_26.jpg
http://super3.gr/gallery/photos/%D0%CF%C4%CF%D3%D6%C1%C9%D1%CF/%C5%CD%D4%CF%D3%20%C5%C4%D1%C1%D3/ARIS-paok/ARIS-paok_07-08_3-1//ARIS-paok_07-08_3-1_23.JPG

flatpicker
05-04-2009, 03:02 PM
^ I sure hope you're referring to the confetti and not the flares!

JDG
05-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Our south end is a flare free zone. Why do you ask about the impossible?

Carts
I hope not!

H Bomb
guess I've just never seen the joy in shiny things

TFCmatty
05-04-2009, 03:04 PM
flares definitely not, but the confetti may be a neat idea...

KRO
05-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Here we go again!
Great on July 1st at Ontario Place but not at BMO field.

NateDoGG
05-04-2009, 03:06 PM
well im not serious about the flares :P
but it WOULD be so cool to see
sparklers maybe>?

OHARARULES
05-04-2009, 03:07 PM
confetti thing looks like fun..
Can we pull that off?.. i dunno

sparklers.. i think are just as bad as flares

BuSaPuNk
05-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Wow!!! that is nutz!!

Jack
05-04-2009, 03:11 PM
That looks phenomenal. Great display.

Chevy
05-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Very Cool. How many of those flares were thrown on the pitch? Answer - ZERO.

rocker
05-04-2009, 03:16 PM
interesting... but I'd prefer to watch that on Youtube than see that at BMO.

I go to BMO to watch footy not to watch a fireworks show in the stands.
I do hear that some MLS teams in the states put on fireworks shows after the game, like on July 4... ;)

dannyd
05-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Our south end is a flare free zone. Why do you ask about the impossible?

thats why we drive to a place called columbus once a year lol...

Toronto Gunner
05-04-2009, 03:34 PM
IF we heat to Cowlumbus again, this might not be a bad idea:

1. light off a bunch of smoke bombs
2. light off a bunch of bottle rockets
3. pray that you don't hit our team or any other fans

Intimidating as all hell!!

mastermixer
05-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Pretty crazy. Looks like a bunch of nutjobs . How do people not get smoke inhalation or burned in scenes like that!?

jabbronies
05-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Very Cool. How many of those flares were thrown on the pitch? Answer - ZERO.

huh? in the 2nd video I saw at least two on the field...

Looks wicked but won't happen in MLS.

jabbronies
05-04-2009, 03:55 PM
And watching the first video I saw at least 4 go on the field..

Suds
05-04-2009, 04:32 PM
And watching the first video I saw at least 4 go on the field..

yeah ... and history has shown very clearly a few people can't even be trusted with a beer in their hand sadly

I must admit I think it looks pretty cool though.

Carefree
05-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Baby steps, people. Baby steps... :)

InTheCrowd
05-04-2009, 05:03 PM
I want flares at BMO. :flare:

H Bomb
05-04-2009, 05:05 PM
^ cant have em...dont waste your brains time ;)

RYANTFC
05-04-2009, 06:49 PM
no point trying to get the whole south stand to do that, when they cant even sing the same song at once

adam1001
05-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Pretty amazing display, although it looks like a human bonfire.... and that song sounds pretty familiar btw ;)

AL-MO
05-04-2009, 06:58 PM
thats why we drive to a place called columbus once a year lol...

Pretty crazy. Looks like a bunch of nutjobs . How do people not get smoke inhalation or burned in scenes like that!?

I believe putting a scarf over your face/mouth does the trick.

I was right in the middle of the smoke in Columbus. I had my scarf over my face and I was fine.

AL-MO
05-04-2009, 06:59 PM
CRAZY DISPLAY!

This would never happen anyways. You'd have 10-15% of the people into it and the rest outraged, demanding that everyone be arrested.

H Bomb
05-04-2009, 07:01 PM
CRAZY DISPLAY!

This would never happen anyways. You'd have 10-15% of the people into it and the rest outraged, demanding that everyone be arrested.

dunno about the arrest demands but you are right...while there are many people who want flare there are many who simply dont. we all have to make sacrifices with our support as it is so multicultural

AL-MO
05-04-2009, 07:01 PM
aYr9gBCd3uE&feature=related

Check this vid...different angle.

AL-MO
05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
dunno about the arrest demands but you are right...while there are many people who want flare there are many who simply dont. we all have to make sacrifices with our support as it is so multicultural

Did you not read the thread about the flare throwers?

redcard
05-04-2009, 07:06 PM

H Bomb
05-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Did you not read the thread about the flare throwers?

flare throwers yes....flare lighters no....least that's my opinion

AL-MO
05-04-2009, 07:12 PM
flare throwers yes....flare lighters no....least that's my opinion

I see your point, but either way you'd have a bunch of people with their panties in a knot.

H Bomb
05-04-2009, 07:13 PM
And a bunch of fools with shiny things ;):D

Lennon
05-04-2009, 07:15 PM
I want flares at BMO. :flare:
qft:flare:

AL-MO
05-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Well I wouldn't say FOOLS...but my opinion is somewhat biased anyways ;)

Waggy
05-04-2009, 07:17 PM
As much as I'm a borderline pyro, and as INCREDIBLY cool as that looks, I dunno if I want that in a place I am. I mean, theres millions of ways for that to go REALLY wrong, and only a few where it goes right. As sick as that would look in clownumbus stadium next year (or Saputo stadium for that matter), its just way too dangerous. If something happened like with Liverpool Juvy (or Liverpool Nottingham for that matter)... I dunno about you guys, but I wouldn't want that on my conscious.

H Bomb
05-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Well I wouldn't say FOOLS...but my opinion is somewhat biased anyways ;)

And I NEVER knot up my panties :D...

But like I said, we all make sacrifices. I like words in my songs....we dont have many wordy songs...but what we do is great, even if it isn't MY ideal scenario. We are lucky to have what we have and are learning each others limits

AL-MO
05-04-2009, 07:22 PM
As much as I'm a borderline pyro, and as INCREDIBLY cool as that looks, I dunno if I want that in a place I am. I mean, theres millions of ways for that to go REALLY wrong, and only a few where it goes right. As sick as that would look in clownumbus stadium next year (or Saputo stadium for that matter), its just way too dangerous. If something happened like with Liverpool Juvy (or Liverpool Nottingham for that matter)... I dunno about you guys, but I wouldn't want that on my conscious.

WTF are you talking about?

This post doesn't make alot of sense. You are worrying WAY too much.

Waggy
05-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Sorry, I meant if something catches fire and causes a stampede out of the supporters end. I know we wouldnt ever really be able to ever try something like this, but theres plenty of non RPBs who are reading this and are going to drive down to Columbus in the not too distant future. And theres plenty of fireworks stores on the way. Just want to remind them of what can happen.

That said, thats easilly the coolest thing I've ever seen in a sporting event

AL-MO
05-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Sorry, I meant if something catches fire and causes a stampede out of the supporters end. I know we wouldnt ever really be able to ever try something like this, but theres plenty of non RPBs who are reading this and are going to drive down to Columbus in the not too distant future. And theres plenty of fireworks stores on the way. Just want to remind them of what can happen.

That said, thats easilly the coolest thing I've ever seen in a sporting event

I hear ya.

As for Columbus, as I said in another thread anyone who goes down there thinking its going to be like the game earlier this year is mistaken. It will NEVER be the same again, unless certain people decide to go again.

Waggy
05-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Ya I hear ya al-mo. But an idiot can find a fireworks store in a loooot of places. Take it from an idiot who can find and has found fireworks stores in a loooooot of places lol. To be honest though, as cool as the visual is, its the chanting in that video that stood out to me. I couldnt believe how loud and clear it is, even with all the smoke in the air. I was under the banner in columbus for the flares, and it took a solid hour for my lungs to clear properly. It actually hurt. And I'm quite used to..... things of that nature :stogey:;). I was coughing every time I tried to chant till the smoke lifted. But in the vid, full voice ringing through the stadium. As much as I'd love to see a scene like that at bmo, I'd love to hear one more.

BRed
05-04-2009, 08:12 PM
This is why people in Europe live and people in North America work. This makes me wonder exactly how free we are in North America when we can't even come close to lighting a little sparkley in a soccer stadium, in the supporters section....let alone stand during a soccer game..lol It sounds even more pathetic when I type it.

H Bomb
05-04-2009, 08:15 PM
yeah but you cant stand in a large amount of european stadiums so that argument kinda falls flat

FluSH
05-04-2009, 08:16 PM
WTF are you talking about?

This post doesn't make alot of sense. You are worrying WAY too much.

Let's face it... noone here has experience with Pyro... this would be a complete disaster... is like watching a race car driver and saying.... shit that looks cool I can do that...

There is a lot more skill to this than people think... look at the flags wavers for one... you think That shit wouldn't catch on fire if people from Toronto tried it? on top of that you have some serious fireworks... and that shit can back fire...

I prefer smoke... but that's just me.

BRed
05-04-2009, 08:48 PM
If your definition of Europe is England then yes..however Italy, Spain, Croatia and some other 20 countries are not as brotherly as the British CCTV.

BRed
05-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Let's face it... noone here has experience with Pyro... this would be a complete disaster... is like watching a race car driver and saying.... shit that looks cool I can do that...

There is a lot more skill to this than people think... look at the flags wavers for one... you think That shit wouldn't catch on fire if people from Toronto tried it? on top of that you have some serious fireworks... and that shit can back fire...

I prefer smoke... but that's just me.

I think that's a logical first step. I vote YES.

InTheCrowd
05-04-2009, 08:52 PM
If your definition of Europe is England then yes..however Italy, Spain, Croatia and some other 20 countries are not as brotherly as the British CCTV.

Turkey!

BRed
05-04-2009, 08:55 PM
:flare::flare::flare::flare: atleast we can do whatever we want on the forums!!!!....no wait I don't want to get banned.

Yeoman
05-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Let's face it... noone here has experience with Pyro...

I do, and I still wouldn't trust being around a thousand people that had a few pints in them before the game (lets all agree that have a pint or two before the game makes it that much more enjoyable)
Hell if I even brought smokes that I have, I'd be hesitant to use just because of burning temperature.

NateDoGG
05-04-2009, 10:02 PM
http://www.super3.gr/gallery/photos/%D0%CF%C4%CF%D3%D6%C1%C9%D1%CF/%C5%CD%D4%CF%D3%20%C5%C4%D1%C1%D3/ARIS-paok/ARIS-paok_08-09_KYPELLO_0-0_PEN_8-9//ARIS-paok_08-09_KYPELLO_0-0_PEN_8-9_26.jpg

MFBODD
05-04-2009, 10:03 PM
This is why people in Europe live and people in North America work. This makes me wonder exactly how free we are in North America when we can't even come close to lighting a little sparkley in a soccer stadium, in the supporters section....let alone stand during a soccer game..lol It sounds even more pathetic when I type it.

What?

NateDoGG
05-04-2009, 10:03 PM
http://super3.gr/gallery/photos/%D0%CF%C4%CF%D3%D6%C1%C9%D1%CF/%C5%CD%D4%CF%D3%20%C5%C4%D1%C1%D3/ARIS-paok/ARIS-paok_07-08_3-1//ARIS-paok_07-08_3-1_23.JPG

Waggy
05-04-2009, 10:06 PM

..... holy fuck. Stop tempting me damnit!!

(notice they're behind a fence....)

james
05-04-2009, 10:12 PM
im all for flares, shit like that is awsome. But i woudlnt want to risk lossing my season tickets tho either. The way BMO is now, if i brought a flare id be like the only one and id get arrested seconds after lighting it and would not be seen at BMO again. In some countries in Europe they are just crazy and have mass numbers doing it so they can get away with it.If we get 100 people bringing flares to BMO then hell id do it then. Till that ever happens no i wont bring them.

TFCmatty
05-04-2009, 10:17 PM

Europe? please.
You could never get away with this kinda thing in Germany, England or Spain, even Italy is pushing it and they've been known to throw Vespa's on the field. This kinda behavior is a very niche type of support that has gained notoriety in certain parts of eastern europe, but would never work in western europe let alone at BMO.

IMO whats the point of this? To delay the match? Compared to singing in unison, is this suppose to show that your more 'hardcore' because you can use a lighter?

The use of flares at football matches has already baffled me lol

NateDoGG
05-04-2009, 10:25 PM
..... holy fuck. Stop tempting me damnit!!

(notice they're behind a fence....)

ya its pretty amazing....
south end could get away with this if LOTS of ppl did it all at the same time.. what are they gonna do, arrest everyone? no.... they would let the fans have them burn out and that would be it, im sure if ppl threw them on the pitch there would be a huge problem tho....
but if u just kept them lit and have it burn out, i dont think they would do anything to the supporters for that.....

james
05-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Europe? please.
You could never get away with this kinda thing in Germany, England or Spain, even Italy is pushing it and they've been known to throw Vespa's on the field. This kinda behavior is a very niche type of support that has gained notoriety in certain parts of eastern europe, but would never work in western europe let alone at BMO.

IMO whats the point of this? To delay the match? Compared to singing in unison, is this suppose to show that your more 'hardcore' because you can use a lighter?

most your post is right about Germany, England and Spain not really getting away with flares. But I dont know what you are so baffled about tho. Its pretty simple, flares became popular when Ultras in Europe started. Ultra groups i believe started in Italy in the 60's as a way to get fans into the match to inprove the type of atmosphere at games. Kind of like we do. By creatting huge crowd displays with stuff such as banners and flares and smoke that really helped raise the atmosphere at games. Its like when you see a fireworks display after a big boom people are always like "ohhhhh ahhhhh". It created louder support so flares became just as much part of the soccer exsperience as singing at a match is.

Just later years violence became a big part of Ultras to and seemed to spread right across Europe. And so did the flare culture. I believe South America actually used flares and huge crowd displays tho before they even came to Europe, same goes with the Violence.

tlear
05-04-2009, 11:02 PM
Very nice!

this is clearly a niche thing right..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p170mCnL0mM

AL-MO
05-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Europe? please.

Germany:
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/491/mgbvb026jpg1va.jpg

Italy:
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/2009/1056ug.jpg

Spain:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2310/9091fcbespanyol3fx.jpg

Sorry what were you saying again?

TFCmatty
05-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Germany:
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/491/mgbvb026jpg1va.jpg

Italy:
http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/2009/1056ug.jpg

Spain:

http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2310/9091fcbespanyol3fx.jpg

Sorry what were you saying again?

Obviously if you search google you'll be able to find evidence of people using flares in every country from Azerbaijan to Zimbabwe, so thank you for putting me in my place and pushing the search button, well on you. :rolleyes:

I probably should have reworded my post before, I didn't think you would take it so literal and i could have saved you some time in looking for pictures. How about this....

Although evidence of this type of support can be found throughout Europe if you really look for it, it is most prevalent in eastern Europe and south america and much more uncommon in western european leagues, and unrealistic for BMO.

Fort York Redcoat
05-05-2009, 09:11 AM
I wonder if the, what, 50, 100 flare wavers were pissed at the 4 who threw them on the pitch?

AL-MO
05-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Obviously if you search google you'll be able to find evidence of people using flares in every country from Azerbaijan to Zimbabwe, so thank you for putting me in my place and pushing the search button, well on you. :rolleyes:

I probably should have reworded my post before, I didn't think you would take it so literal and i could have saved you some time in looking for pictures. How about this....

Although evidence of this type of support can be found throughout Europe if you really look for it, it is most prevalent in eastern Europe and south america and much more uncommon in western european leagues, and unrealistic for BMO.

My suggestion to you is to not make statements like this:

You could never get away with this kinda thing in Germany, England or Spain, even Italy

When CLEARLY you are incorrect.

The only place that they are not used is in the UK. Everywhere else in Europe they use them. (some more than others)

Mikey
05-05-2009, 09:24 AM
Meh.

Im glad we have more people at BMO who are there to see the game and support the players rather than just wanting to be seen holding a flare.....

TFC07
05-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Very nice!

this is clearly a niche thing right..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p170mCnL0mM

Beautiful! :flare:

TFCmatty
05-05-2009, 09:49 AM
My suggestion to you is to not make statements like this:

When CLEARLY you are incorrect.

The only place that they are not used is in the UK. Everywhere else in Europe they use them. (some more than others)

ohhh i dont dispute the fact that flares are used at times in every league (obviously with the exception of England), but their use is just not as common and widespread in relation to certain countries in eastern europe and south america. That is all, sorry if i'm coming off a bit cranky, I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning lol

AL-MO
05-05-2009, 09:52 AM
ohhh i dont dispute the fact that flares are used at times in every league (obviously with the exception of England), but their use is just not as common and widespread in relation to certain countries in eastern europe and south america. That is all, sorry if i'm coming off a bit cranky, I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning lol

No worries. As you said in some places they like pyro more than others.

MrHawk
05-05-2009, 09:56 AM
They are trying to slowly ban flares out of the game.

Case in point, see Dinamo's loss in Udinese. The fans pelted the pitch with flares and as such received some fines and bans. Almost got kicked out of Europe.

Even in Croatia, teams are getting fined for any flare shows that delay the match. Some of them it's bad, the players leave the pitch until it clears.

Shway
05-05-2009, 10:13 AM
Im not for the flares because that can just be alot of problems.....

but smoke????????
thats different....and i say we try it in Montreal

the-lower-eastsider
05-05-2009, 09:39 PM
awesome. simply awesome.

SmokedPanda
05-06-2009, 02:03 PM
i rather see confetti being thrown, imagine if everyone threw 2 hand fulls in the air at once.....

Lennon
05-06-2009, 05:08 PM
We need to plan something special for the game in Montreal ... especially if it's a cup decider ... flares, confetti, smoke bombs, streamers ... lets do it all!

SmokedPanda
05-06-2009, 06:48 PM
throw smoked meat on the field

Gixmo
05-06-2009, 08:13 PM
Smoke I think is far different then flares.. Scarves do wonders in the smoke, Columbus was totally fine and the middle was a good spot to be in there :)

Confetti and Smoke, That's it..