PDA

View Full Version : Alert - It's Called Football - Live Nutrilite Preview Show

It's Called Football
05-04-2009, 11:53 AM
We're doing a live Nutrilite/Voyaguers Cup preview show today.

2 pm at www.thatchannel.com (http://www.thatchannel.com)

In addition to breaking down the matchups, we'll be joined by Paul Beirne from Toronto FC, Bob Lenarduzzi from the Vancouver Whitecaps and John Luminatis from the Montreal Impact to offer their insight.

The chat will be open for you to ask anything of these three.

And if you missed the live show the archived one will be up tonight.

Cheers
Ben

alexintoronto
05-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Thank god you alerted me in time!!!!1!!

It's Called Football
05-04-2009, 12:02 PM
lmao - fair enough. It's no U.S. threat level Orange.

Red CB Toronto
05-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Hey once you have a link for the archived broadcast on any of your guys websites, post here, would love to watch later.

Stouffville_RPB
05-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Can't watch at work! grr!

Any chance of a podcast version later?

rocker
05-04-2009, 01:47 PM
i'll have to watch the archive when it's done, cuz for some reason it wouldn't play for me.. just kept saying "loading"...

T_Mizz
05-04-2009, 02:13 PM
I'm not sure what Ben Knight was trying to get at when he was making the arguement against the nutrilite canadian championship, I mean we can't all be the BARCLAY'S premier league or the Serie A Telecom Italia Mobile. I'd have to give that one to Mr. Rycroft.

Red CB Toronto
05-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Ben,

One question, do you guys plan taking the show out on the road again, I know when you did the one from The Football Factory it was mentioned that it would be moving around different bars etc.

Stouffville_RPB
05-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Ben,

One question, do you guys plan taking the show out on the road again, I know when you did the one from The Football Factory it was mentioned that it would be moving around different bars etc.

ICF is pretty good to their sponsors. I don't think they'll be going to other bars in TO. An on the road special would be a different story.

Red CB Toronto
05-04-2009, 02:40 PM
I know it that show, the notion of going to different TFC/supporters bars like Shoeless etc. were mentioned.

It's Called Football
05-04-2009, 03:14 PM
C Blake - The Football Factory has been kind enough to give us the ok to do post game shows from other bars and we are going to do that. As you can guess, it takes a lot of logistics to get something like that to work. But some of the good people who lurk these boards have gone an extra mile to help us with that.

We'll keep you posted. Personally, we can't wait to do a post game show on a warm summer night after a TFC win from Shoeless and Dufferin Gate.

It's Called Football
05-04-2009, 03:15 PM
And, the archived show will be up in a few hours.

Cheers

Cambridge_Red
05-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Ben Knight really needs to grasp the reality that things cost money. The likes of Highbury and others are a relic of the past unfortunately as players wages go up the need for corporate sponsorship will only increase.

Lennon
05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Is the archive up yet? I can't find it ...

mastermixer
05-04-2009, 08:17 PM
its usually on the metro news site but doesnt seem to be there yet.

Red CB Toronto
05-04-2009, 11:36 PM
C Blake - The Football Factory has been kind enough to give us the ok to do post game shows from other bars and we are going to do that. As you can guess, it takes a lot of logistics to get something like that to work. But some of the good people who lurk these boards have gone an extra mile to help us with that.

We'll keep you posted. Personally, we can't wait to do a post game show on a warm summer night after a TFC win from Shoeless and Dufferin Gate.

Ben, thanks for the info, I completely appreciate the show you and the rest of the gang do each week and the effort you put into it by having great guests, good conversation and debate, the being up to trying news things. Onward soccer, 24th minute and the Metro are some of the best coverage we get because I believe when the person who is writing the piece has passion for his or her subject it shows.

I would be very interested in stopping by your show one evening and taking part. Thanks again

Campbell

SweetOwnGoal
05-04-2009, 11:42 PM
We left it for the fans to vote on who "won" the name debate today. Vote/comment here:
http://www.24thminute.com/2009/05/great-name-debate.html

It's Called Football
05-05-2009, 08:22 AM
The Nutrilite Voyaguers Cup preview show is now up.

Sorry for the wait.
Enjoy

http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/blog/post/223677

It's Called Football
05-05-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the kind words Campbell