PDA

View Full Version : New England V Houston

sully
05-03-2009, 02:35 PM
http://atdhe.net/6826/watch-new-england-revolution-vs-houston-dynamo

- I can't seem to get the sound though?

after 25 mins Houston leads 1-0.. of course it's probably better for us if new England lose..

Pachuco
05-03-2009, 02:38 PM
we really need Houston to do us a favor here. NE has 3 games in hand on us.

sully
05-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Anyone else who's watching getting the sound?

sully
05-03-2009, 03:23 PM
2-0 Houston on the 60th min.

TFC_Chris
05-03-2009, 05:09 PM
I didn't watch the game at all, nor have I read any game reports. So I feel I am completely within my rights to comment on this game, whether or not it is indicative of what actually happened. So...

New England was lucky to get out of that game with it being only 2-0. Seriously, I've seen better ball control from a bunch of blindfolded monkeys. Their forwards provided no support to the defense who were hung out to dry on numerous occasions.

As for Houston, they are starting to regain their MLS Champ style, two years removed of course. Onstad was tested so scarcely the only thing he had to handle was a sunburn. The midfield manipulated the game so well, it looked like they were playing against 5 year-olds.

On a more serious note: New England has surrendered 9 goals in their last 3 games and has only scored 5 goals all season. I guess what I'm trying to say is, will they still be playing this bad when we face them in 3 weeks, or will their upcoming games against Chicago and Colorado change that?

Nuvinho
05-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Next week is big for teams in the East, both DC and KC play 2 games.

MUFC_Niagara
05-03-2009, 05:48 PM
the only team we lost ground to in the east is DC United....i can live with that!

twistedchinaman
05-03-2009, 05:53 PM
On a more serious note: New England has surrendered 9 goals in their last 3 games and has only scored 5 goals all season. I guess what I'm trying to say is, will they still be playing this bad when we face them in 3 weeks, or will their upcoming games against Chicago and Colorado change that?

Momentum is a fickle thing, it comes and goes at will. If they can gain a good foothold then maybe. But it's still gonna be a maybe regardless...

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-03-2009, 06:24 PM
The revs were so sad...8 straight goals conceded....wow!!

Steve Nicol for the chop? Has he lost the dressing room?
Players not playing for him sound familiar?

twistedchinaman
05-03-2009, 06:58 PM
After reviewing the evidence...

OY GEVALT THAT WAS HORRENDOUS!

"Oops! Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllll!!!!!" <== best line ever.