View Full Version : Not to rain on anyones Vancouver match

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Buts its going to rain again...:( the good thing the high will be 17c

so at least its trying to warm up..but knowing the winds of the lake

bu 8m ot will be5-6c....come on weather...help the footie fans out:scarf:

Nuvinho
05-03-2009, 12:23 PM
please........don't trust the weather forecast.

I checked Wednesday weather yesterday......and it says sunny, no rain, and 17......now today it changed......tomorrow they may say it will snow......who knows.

Super
05-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Forecast is untrustworthy. The only thing they can tell us is what the weather is like RIGHT NOW. That's about it.

Shep
05-03-2009, 12:26 PM
please........don't trust the weather forecast.

I checked Wednesday weather yesterday......and it says sunny, no rain, and 17......now today it changed......tomorrow they may say it will snow......who knows.

Truth! I went to Sat's match thinking it would be sunny 15 degrees... I didn't check before I left home.. sat freezing in shorts and a short sleeve jersey, but it gave me a good reason to dig into my bank and pick up a new TFC hoodie!

I wonder if I didn't head out underdressed on purpose ;) I like my new sweater.

InTheCrowd
05-03-2009, 12:27 PM
As everyone is already saying, don't trust these early forecasts. But if it going to rain, that can only be good for us. We'll bring the noise like in the crew game!

nfitz
05-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey yesterday, at times I was wet, cold, hot, dry, needed sunglasses, didn't need sunglasses (must have swapped glasses a half-dozen times). Just dress for the forecast the afternoon of the game.

But dress for it ... I was surprised at how many people in the "supporters" section were running for cover in the first-half yesterday when the rain picked up ... is the south-side full of witches or something?

rocker
05-03-2009, 12:35 PM
i don't bother with the weather report now. i just come with everything on... it's always colder by the lake anyways. if it suddenly got hot, just take off the layers. i saw people at the KKKrew game in fucking shorts and t-shirt. then they ran when the rain hit.. idiots. it was never t-shirt and shorts weather down by the lake, even if it was sunny in the morning.

i've been wearing the same gear to every game since after the first one, where the weather shocked me... even the KKKrew game: long johns, thermal undershirt... tfc jersey (long sleeve), tfc hoodie, tfc rain jacket, scarf.

I was toasty warm and dry yesterday as everyone around me ran for the concourse. It's always better to overdress. And you know at night on Wednesday, no matter what the temps are during the day, it will be cold by the lake. I've noticed it can be 5 degrees cooler at the lake than 1 or 2 kilometres north.

Yohan
05-03-2009, 12:37 PM
i just said fuck it. the rain is going to stop eventually

so i chanted louder :p and the rain went away!

sulfur
05-03-2009, 12:37 PM
The best part about yesterday's forecast?

At 10am it was "sunny, cloudless, 14 degrees"

Same thing all afternoon.

Pretty sure that we only had about 15 minutes like that. Heh.

nfitz
05-03-2009, 12:38 PM
On temperature, one should be looking at the Toronto Island forecast ... not Toronto (Pearson). The Weather Network seems better at having different forecasts for the two locatiosn. It was 9 degrees pre-game yesterday ... with a high of only 12, and wind gusts forecast. Clearly not shorts!

Erkan16
05-03-2009, 01:05 PM
Forecast is untrustworthy. The only thing they can tell us is what the weather is like RIGHT NOW. That's about it.

and in that same breath... who needs the forcasters when i can stick my head out my damn window.

boban
05-03-2009, 01:13 PM
Where's the roof??!!!

Ratven
05-03-2009, 06:16 PM
I don't know if I'm the only one that notices this, but every time we've had rain, the chanting has always been louder and more intense, couple that with a night game (which are also usually more intense) and it's a mix I'm quite honestly hoping for.

I hope the rain comes, just prepare for it.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-03-2009, 06:22 PM
I don't know if I'm the only one that notices this, but every time we've had rain, the chanting has always been louder and more intense, couple that with a night game (which are also usually more intense) and it's a mix I'm quite honestly hoping for.

I hope the rain comes, just prepare for it.

the chanting was better and more intense...the downpour was funny seeing so many run under the stands...what would happen if we had a real storm?:drum:

Ratven
05-03-2009, 06:27 PM
the chanting was better and more intense...the downpour was funny seeing so many run under the stands...what would happen if we had a real storm?:drum:
Not just last game though, every game we've had rain, especially severe rain, I remember as being a really amazing intense experience.

Wagner
05-03-2009, 06:30 PM
we tend to sing better when the weather sucks...
i'm indifferet when it comes to rain...
just dress for it.

deeznutz
05-03-2009, 07:21 PM
I Want My Fucking Roof