PDA

View Full Version : Academy team match at BMO yesterday

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Come on TFC let us know in future when this will happen...i got to the stadium around 11:15 and the game was just into the second half, maybe 30-40 sepctators in..i tried but was told by security that the game was nealy over and they didn't want people going in...the game ended at noon? so i watched what i could from the fence at the carlberg patio :{
:scarf:

TFCREDNWHITE
05-03-2009, 10:02 AM
thats bullshit!! seriously how come they don't let people watch!?

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-03-2009, 10:05 AM
they said the game was nearly over at 11:15 and i watch from the fencing and the game went onto noon hr,,i was so pissed...:scarf:

InTheCrowd
05-03-2009, 10:07 AM
One of the academy players goes to my school! Anyway if I knew about academy game times I'd go watch.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-03-2009, 10:09 AM
One of the academy players goes to my school! Anyway if I knew about academy game times I'd go watch.

i would have left Brantford at 7am if i knew the game was on and could have watched.....come on TFC LET US KNOW!!

Red CB Toronto
05-03-2009, 12:14 PM
There is a whole bunch of sked issues I have with the TFC-A this year. Question for the front office? Why would they have TFC and TFC Academy play at the same time? The Academy opens up their 2009 season in the Canadian Soccer League at Esther Shiner Stadium at 3 pm on May 16th, one hour before the Reds play at BMO against Chicago.

If the wanted to get the youngsters any sort of exposure why are thing doing this. I went to a few Academy games last year at Lamport and had a good time, the crowd was anywhere from say 200 to 800 depending on who they were playing, so I am not saying by any means these games are a big money maker, but at least give them a chance.

It also appears that both teams are playing at home on May 23rd and June 6th, so make some changes please.

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-03-2009, 01:19 PM
This is crazy! They’re looking for ways to entice people to the stadium earlier (like lying about the KO time on the tickets), why not stage several double headers featuring the academy team?

One of the few benefits of playing on the field turf is that it’s not going to cut up like grass by playing on it too much in one day. CBlake, I noticed the same thing as you did about the academy opener - it would have been the perfect time for the academy to play at BMO as part of a double header.

I suspect they’ll tell us it’s the CSL fault. That was the explanation given for the stupid pricing of the TFCA home games versus the rest of the CSL. I think TFC needs to be more hands on in terms of running the logistical / gameday side of the academy team.

I think all those concerned should make an attempt to contact academy director Earl Cochrane. If the MLSE email structure is consistent, his address should be:

ecochrane@mapleleafsports.com

mlsintoronto
05-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Why should all parties involved contact earl? Perhaps one person can... The relay the reasons back here.

Or I could just tell you it was because it was a hastily organized game with not enough lead time to find a public field. It wasn't a CSL match. More for training than anything else. So we held it at BMO where it is ridiculously expensive to open the doors at the best of times, and even more expensive in the hours leading up to a TFC game. Sorry!

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Why should all parties involved contact earl? Perhaps one person can... The relay the reasons back here.

Or I could just tell you it was because it was a hastily organized game with not enough lead time to find a public field. It wasn't a CSL match. More for training than anything else. So we held it at BMO where it is ridiculously expensive to open the doors at the best of times, and even more expensive in the hours leading up to a TFC game. Sorry!

fair enough..but either let all people who want in..in or no one...like i said i arrived @ BMO around 11am and say a game going on ..would it have killed the security to let one one person in to watch the last half?? I would have gone to a seat and left for the tailgate right after!!

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-03-2009, 07:47 PM

That might have been a little heavy handed.

I’ll concede I don’t have very much insight into the logistical difficulties, but I would very much like to see some Academy games played at BMO either before or after TFC games. Additionally, I think a lot more interest could be generated if TFC was responsible for ticketing and promotion rather than the CSL.

Red CB Toronto
05-03-2009, 08:39 PM

Paul, I completely understand there is always a cost when it comes to a spectator inviroment for a team. I am just curious when last year for instance when BMO was either kept open or opened up for the reserve games was there more of a cost that just say the few security guards who were around. How is doing Academy games this year really different than the reserve games for the last few years, does insurance really become an issue.

mlsintoronto
05-04-2009, 07:55 AM
That might have been a little heavy handed.

Fair enough...not my intent. Sorry about that.

tim90
05-05-2009, 04:45 PM
who can i email