PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Chanting

backbeat
05-02-2009, 10:47 PM
I have to say the coordination with the chanting/singing - especially at the early part of the game today, was outstanding - some of the BEST I’ve ever heard at BMO. What i loved about it was that it was sustained and loud!!! Often a good chant stops just as it seems to get going but today man it was awesome!!! a thing of beauty. :drum:

As for some of the "anti" CREW signs - they were incredibly juvenile and pathetic - - no wit to them in the slightest, an embarrassment. really folks it makes us look like we have a collective IQ of 5 - it is below anyone's standards - it's humiliating - and reading the Columbus boards they're naturally all over it - all we're doing it providing them great fodder...

:tfc:....other than that we were lucky to get a draw today but in that downpour to start the game i listened to the greatest, longest, most sustained chant/singing from the south end that i have ever heard and it was simply THE BEST!!!!:scarf:

H Bomb
05-02-2009, 10:48 PM
you read Columbus' boards? ;)

Workie
05-02-2009, 10:52 PM
I still love the 2 girls one cup banner.

andyc
05-02-2009, 11:32 PM
I still love the 2 girls one cup banner.

+1 and me too (since +1 is too short to be accepted by the message board)

Toronto Ruffrider
05-02-2009, 11:36 PM
^ I don't care what anyone says, that banner is a thing of beauty.

Brooker
05-02-2009, 11:39 PM
backbeat... what banners we're lame? u forgot the most important part of your thread.

Lennon
05-02-2009, 11:41 PM
If there was anything amazing today it was the banners ... ok and Frei

gtaguy
05-02-2009, 11:41 PM
backbeat what the hell you talking about... anti crew chanting is part of the game.. what do you expect dude .. a chant to support them .....
were toronto not kkkrew... come on man if you want to love the opposition then move to thier city you bitch...

Roogsy
05-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Backbeat...what do you or any of us care what the Columbus Few say on their boards? They are a bunch of girls that are constantly crying about anything and everything. For heaven's sakes, their leader is a xenophobic douchebag named Bill Archer who is about as back-country hick ignorant as they come!

Whatever happens at these games, all they do is complain about us. So what's the point of listening/reading to their whinging? And why care?

As for the banners...who are you to determine what is witty and what isn't? You didn't work on them so quite frankly I would submit that until you do, your opinion doesn't really matter much to those that do put forth the effort.

Want something witty? Put something together.

Humiliating? Gawd...get a sense of humour.

gtaguy
05-03-2009, 12:09 AM
piss off you dumb ass unintelligent bastard when you realize how this league works then maybe we can talk..
mods please close this post cause im going to blast this dumb ass all night. .

Ossington Mental Youth
05-03-2009, 12:25 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA
gimme a break they are our opponents and this is fucking soccer, we despise them
any pics of these signs, they sound amazing

Waggy
05-03-2009, 12:25 AM
C-R-E, W. SORRY EXCUSE FOR A FUCKING CREW

That was clear as day on CBC. I DIED. Died. Awesome. Way to represent boys! Great job by everyone. :scarf:

Shakes McQueen
05-03-2009, 12:47 AM
It's only "fodder" if we for some reason care what they think of us.

- Scott

Waggy
05-03-2009, 12:50 AM
backbeat what the hell you talking about... anti crew chanting is part of the game.. what do you expect dude .. a chant to support them .....
were toronto not kkkrew... come on man if you want to love the opposition then move to thier city you bitch...

proof that adding bitch on the end of anything just makes it that much better. bitch.

and 2 girls 1 cup, and the jesus (from the previous Columbus game) are my 2 favorite banners ever! You have a problem with them, you have a problem with me! Biatch!

:flare::scarf:

Ratven
05-03-2009, 01:35 AM
Who the FUCK are you?

james
05-03-2009, 02:41 AM
man i dont even have enough time to read the full message but welcome to being a soccer supporter.....stop bieng such a pussy u bitch bitch!!!!!!!!

Pookie
05-03-2009, 06:12 AM
Frei needs one

I_AM_CANADIAN
05-03-2009, 06:55 AM
I have to say the coordination with the chanting/singing - especially at the early part of the game today, was outstanding - some of the BEST I’ve ever heard at BMO. What i loved about it was that it was sustained and loud!!! Often a good chant stops just as it seems to get going but today man it was awesome!!! a thing of beauty. :drum:

As for some of the "anti" CREW signs - they were incredibly juvenile and pathetic - - no wit to them in the slightest, an embarrassment. really folks it makes us look like we have a collective IQ of 5 - it is below anyone's standards - it's humiliating - and reading the Columbus boards they're naturally all over it - all we're doing it providing them great fodder...

:tfc:....other than that we were lucky to get a draw today but in that downpour to start the game i listened to the greatest, longest, most sustained chant/singing from the south end that i have ever heard and it was simply THE BEST!!!!:scarf:
Columbus fans have a collective IQ of five. ;) Apparently the Hudson Street Hooligans made their way down to the south end at halftime and were trying to start fights with people, as usual.

I loved the anti-Columbus banners to be honest. The 'Columbus Who' banners and the one with George from Seinfeld were just awesome. :D

jabbronies
05-03-2009, 07:26 AM
When the rain started coming down, the volume of the chanting went up. Honestly, during the storm, that was the loudest I've ever head at BMO..

4evared
05-03-2009, 07:39 AM
I have to admit that I was wrong. When I first saw the Capo stands in front of 112 and 113 I thought it was a joke. How wrong was I. The Capo in front of 112 did not return for the second half until the 52nd minute. We continued to chant, but not with intensity and unison that was in force from the 1st minute to the end of the game. When he returned the noise level went up and the passion increased.The best showing of unity and force that I have ever been part of. We were the twelve man today. STAND UP and be proud.

tfc007
05-03-2009, 08:14 AM
Columbus fans have a collective IQ of five. ;) Apparently the Hudson Street Hooligans made their way down to the south end at halftime and were trying to start fights with people, as usual.

I loved the anti-Columbus banners to be honest. The 'Columbus Who' banners and the one with George from Seinfeld were just awesome. :D
I saw the scuffle at halftime with the columbus supporters.

Carts
05-03-2009, 08:19 AM

WTF are you talking about...???

The 'Jerk Store Called & they're running out of Crew' was pure genious and had me laughing my ass off everytime I looked back and saw it...

The '2 Girls 1 Cup' is priceless. Yes, its offensive because of what it is - but its only offensive if you know about that site - says something about all of us that know about it LOL!!!

The 'SH T HOLE' is not only funny, but very clever. Technically, there's no swear word or anything, but when you read it, you read SHIT HOLE.

If you think there's nothing clever, and no wit in them - I'm lost to think what you find clever or come up with...

Carts...

CoachGT
05-03-2009, 08:26 AM
The SH THOLE banner was clear as day in the first half and then disappeared in the second. Looked pretty funny to me!

And the chanting was great again! Three sections up and jumping for the bounce, and many of the chants were as clear as ever, especially in the rain! Great job all!

Yohan
05-03-2009, 08:32 AM
The SH THOLE banner was clear as day in the first half and then disappeared in the second. Looked pretty funny to me!

And the chanting was great again! Three sections up and jumping for the bounce, and many of the chants were as clear as ever, especially in the rain! Great job all!
I think magic equation is night + cold + bit of rain + beer = AMAZING chanting ;)

Yohan
05-03-2009, 08:46 AM
I was also hoping to try out Serioux vindaloo chant but oh well.
After that horrendous giveaway, wouldnt have been approopriate anyways

kodiakTFC
05-03-2009, 08:49 AM
2 girls 1 cup - hilarious
the who? crew banner - hilarious

those are the two i saw, i loved em.

Marco2K
05-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Great job by the south end. I was in cemetery 120, but watching the south end was great.

I_AM_CANADIAN
05-03-2009, 08:52 AM
I was also hoping to try out Serioux vindaloo chant but oh well.
After that horrendous giveaway, wouldnt have been approopriate anyways
Same here... I think that song has potential, but the giveaway kind of killed any chance of it getting going.

bob
05-03-2009, 08:53 AM
In 105 I usually don't hear the south end that much this year. But yesterdays rendition of Ques c'est vou chantez? with 110 was really nice. I personally don't like that chant but everyone was in sync and it was awesome. Kudos to that corner and capo.

FluSH
05-03-2009, 08:58 AM
I have to admit that I was wrong. When I first saw the Capo stands in front of 112 and 113 I thought it was a joke. How wrong was I. The Capo in front of 112 did not return for the second half until the 52nd minute. We continued to chant, but not with intensity and unison that was in force from the 1st minute to the end of the game. When he returned the noise level went up and the passion increased.The best showing of unity and force that I have ever been part of. We were the twelve man today. STAND UP and be proud.

Yeah they don't allow me to drink beer in the stand... sorry guys but I like to have at least 1-2 beers a game, and the last thing I want is to give BMO Field some Liquor licence infraction and we get another dry game at home.

Overall... I thought some chants spread well... some could have been better... but we are improving game by game.

phonzo
05-03-2009, 09:36 AM
When the rain started coming down, the volume of the chanting went up. Honestly, during the storm, that was the loudest I've ever head at BMO..

couldn't agree more..as the rain started coming down harder it only kept getting louder...and I saw more people get into it in 109/110 as the stands emptied out over a "few" droplets :p

onemanbarmyarmy
05-03-2009, 10:51 AM
118 sounded the best it has ever sounded yesterday!

flatpicker
05-03-2009, 10:52 AM
While I will agree that our volume was terrific at times...
...I also think the coordination and participation amoung sections was very weak.

The timing between groups was off.
The Dichio chant is a perfect example of how disorganised we sounded.

But I blame the bizarre weather and the boring first half.
After Chad's goal we sounded much better though.
The west stand started a TFC chant, and the East side wisely joined in, in unison.
That looked really nice...

FluSH
05-03-2009, 11:02 AM
The timing between groups was off.
The Dichio chant is a perfect example of how disorganised we sounded.

The Dichio chant needs a Herculean effort to getting back on track since some people chant it incorrectly - throwing off the timing.

For the record, the chant is:

oooooh Danny Dichio
Dichio
Dichio
Danny Dichio

In regards to the timing off the groups... I'm going to post a synposis later and explain why you may see this more often.

4evared
05-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Hey FluSH,
No need to apoligize and I hope that you did not think that I was being negative. I was in sec.110 and jumped and chanted with my son all game. When we can get the whole south end united our game day experience will just get better and better. Thanks for all your efforts FluSH.

Cambridge_Red
05-03-2009, 11:16 AM

Yeah nobody cares..

Keyman
05-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Shame I had to miss the game yesterday. Glad to hear it went well in the stands though!

flatpicker
05-03-2009, 11:25 AM
and FluSH... when I say the timing between groups was off... I was referring to the bunker and 111/110

You guys in 112/113 sounded pretty great.
It's nice to see RPB and U-Sec pull together like that.
I just couldn't understand why so many folks in 111 couldn't get on the same page.

I saw what a great effort you were giving on the capo stand.
You did well to use your hands to try keep people in unison and on the beat.
And you worked hard to get 111 joining in.
I just think there are so many people in 111 who really aren't into the chanting (other than TFC, Massive and Oh when the reds...)
Not sure how much we can do to fix that... just keep trying I suppose.

Maybe one day they will build the new Supporter Section on top of the beer garden and we can get all the loud mouths in one area!

Rawkus_420
05-03-2009, 11:32 AM
WTF are you talking about...???

The 'Jerk Store Called & they're running out of Crew' was pure genious and had me laughing my ass off everytime I looked back and saw it...

The '2 Girls 1 Cup' is priceless. Yes, its offensive because of what it is - but its only offensive if you know about that site - says something about all of us that know about it LOL!!!

The 'SH T HOLE' is not only funny, but very clever. Technically, there's no swear word or anything, but when you read it, you read SHIT HOLE.

If you think there's nothing clever, and no wit in them - I'm lost to think what you find clever or come up with...

Carts...

AGREED first prize...thoise banners were jokes, love dthe shithole one form the top of 110 aka the smoking section...we held it down up there by the way...drunk and loud as fuck....whoever the girl is jumping around in the second row down by where flush was...some people started their own chant for you hahaha, keep up the good work!

The signs arent juvenile or embarassing at all....if youve seen other supporters groups on a global scale you would see they do the same shit all the time......everytime I went to a RAPID WIEN match in Austria with their ULTRAS , all u see is offensive signs and language towards the other team.

The signs arent juvenile at all, its practiced on a global scale...if you thought ours were bad, you would be disgusted at a football game in another country.

Yohan
05-03-2009, 11:35 AM
beers for drinking
not for throwing!

onemanbarmyarmy
05-03-2009, 11:36 AM
We need to get more capo stands. 118/117 needs one soon.

TFC Cityboy
05-03-2009, 11:39 AM
Flush- keep it up, mate...from 115 it looks like you are doing a crackin' job.

CDNSoccerFan
05-03-2009, 12:12 PM
who had the Jerk Store sign? My God that was hilarious

InTheCrowd
05-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I was in row 14 of 112 and the people behind me were good and loud but could never keep the same pace with the bottom of 112. THey kept going way to fast and it was starting to piss me off. :D

egoodwin
05-03-2009, 12:25 PM
best chant was:

Johnny Carver, wherever you may be
you can't coach in your own country
could be worse, could be a crew
fucking your mother and your sister too

or something similar to that

InTheCrowd
05-03-2009, 12:28 PM
best chant was:

I didn't hear that one, but I wouldn't have joined in on that.

Yohan
05-03-2009, 12:34 PM
best chant was:

tasteless

Blizzard
05-03-2009, 12:53 PM
tasteless

... and just plain stupid.

Dirk Diggler
05-03-2009, 12:54 PM
best chant was:

I thought very little of Carver as a coach but that is a bit too much ... even for someone who ditched us midseason.

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-03-2009, 12:55 PM
As for some of the "anti" CREW signs - they were incredibly juvenile and pathetic - - no wit to them in the slightest, an embarrassment. really folks it makes us look like we have a collective IQ of 5 - it is below anyone's standards - it's humiliating - and reading the Columbus boards they're naturally all over it - all we're doing it providing them great fodder.

WHO R YA !!! WHO R YA !!!....... I love all the anti Crew signs. Fuck Crew and there pussy H.B.H

:flare::scarf::flare:

morgank1986
05-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Sadly there were some real jerks on the balcony of 115 yesterday. Pissed drunk and loud mouthed they made it their goal to muck up any chant that was coming out of the corner and being picked up by 115.

egoodwin
05-03-2009, 01:39 PM
litte disappointing though, was after having his hair mocked the last three trips to BMO Field, Chia Pet the Columbus sub, chose to wear a toque...

FluSH
05-03-2009, 02:05 PM
best chant was:

Where you in the Southend for this game? I don't recall ever hearing this one... just a bit too much for me also...

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-03-2009, 02:09 PM
^^ good job yesterday Flush i was in 110 and i try to get them on tune with you but the drummer was off beat the hole game

egoodwin
05-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Where you in the Southend for this game? I don't recall ever hearing this one... just a bit too much for me also...
127 as usual, Flush

I know this is more of a 112/south end thread

but it's something that caught on up there

Marc"2L"
05-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Of the few games I've had the pleasure to attend, the rain does wonders to really bring out that zeal.

Marc"2L"
05-03-2009, 02:44 PM
With that being said.
Realistically, how long are we going to wait before we start demanding the south end be reassigned....

That's based on the idea that uniting supporters/kicking out scalpers/relocating spectators will make the south louder, and therefore turn up the volume in the stadium. As opposed to kind of lone-wolfing it.

Any opposition to that idea is welcomed for debate.

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-03-2009, 02:57 PM
But will we ever be one voice.....................

yellowfellow
05-03-2009, 02:57 PM
I think with some people...the reason for not chanting is that they don't know the lyrics. For chants like Massive, Forza, those are easy to follow and they will chant. But for the Bounce, they dont sing until the Nanannana part.

arbogast
05-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Sadly there were some real jerks on the balcony of 115 yesterday. Pissed drunk and loud mouthed they made it their goal to muck up any chant that was coming out of the corner and being picked up by 115.

There was also some douchebag in 111, who was in the same inebriated state trying to start anything and screaming at the capo the whole match. All he really accomplished was annoying the hell out of those around him and fucking up the chants started in 112..

Ratven
05-03-2009, 06:11 PM
The Dichio chant needs a Herculean effort to getting back on track since some people chant it incorrectly - throwing off the timing.

For the record, the chant is:

oooooh Danny Dichio
Dichio
Dichio
Danny Dichio

In regards to the timing off the groups... I'm going to post a synposis later and explain why you may see this more often.

Gotta be honest, I completely disagree. Simply because at LEAST all of 113, if not other sections (I heard everyone doing it in Columbus, and none of them were from 113) sings it the OTHER way.

So at the very least, there's no right or wrong way to sing it, and people who sing it one way are not going to adopt the other way.

SO, where does that leave us? We have to try to work around it, and that's done by you guys, who sing it with just the Dichio, Dichio (and subsequently finish the song sooner) to have a little break after the Dichios and chime in on the last "Danny Dichio". THEN, it will be in unison all the time.

Also, Zak from U-Sector needs to figure out how to start it properly, because the last few games he's done it differently every time and its really thrown everything off.

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-03-2009, 06:15 PM
^^^ no there is a right way and it's like this :

oooooh Danny Dichio
Dichio
Dichio
Danny Dichio

Ratven
05-03-2009, 06:17 PM
^^^ no there is a right way and it's like this :

oooooh Danny Dichio
Dichio
Dichio
Danny Dichio

Except that when a large number sing it differently.. and have been doing so for 3 years, you can look at how to work around it and maybe progress, rather than just crossing your arms and saying that everyone's doing it wrong, and getting nowhere.

adamdz
05-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm, too shit faced to siiiiiiing
Dichio
Dichio
the Dichio soooooooooooooong.

FluSH
05-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Gotta be honest, I completely disagree. Simply because at LEAST all of 113, if not other sections (I heard everyone doing it in Columbus, and none of them were from 113) sings it the OTHER way.

So at the very least, there's no right or wrong way to sing it, and people who sing it one way are not going to adopt the other way.

SO, where does that leave us? We have to try to work around it, and that's done by you guys, who sing it with just the Dichio, Dichio (and subsequently finish the song sooner) to have a little break after the Dichios and chime in on the last "Danny Dichio". THEN, it will be in unison all the time.

Also, Zak from U-Sector needs to figure out how to start it properly, because the last few games he's done it differently every time and its really thrown everything off.

Ratven,

When we drafted the lyrics... that's how we drafted them... we have proven that the lyrcis are on point musically with the notes of the song. If all of 112 and 111 were to change the lyrics for the Ultra Chant and The Massive... and we can do that... would you then say that there is no wrong way? and that there is no right or wrong way? comeon...

NEE does it right:

http://www.thenorthendelite.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=12

and they are on the opposite side of the stadium!!

so are you telling me it is the casuals in 113 that do it wrong... or Usector who are besides us and check out these forums that do it wrong? or both?

I'm just in shock that NEE is able to do it correctly and our neighbours can't...

FluSH
05-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Except that when a large number sing it differently.. and have been doing so for 3 years, you can look at how to work around it and maybe progress, rather than just crossing your arms and saying that everyone's doing it wrong, and getting nowhere.

So do you want to give up on the Forza TFC? and just chant it monotone... because that's how a large majority of the stadium does it...

Toronto Ruffrider
05-03-2009, 06:56 PM
So do you want to give up on the Forza TFC? and just chant it monotone... because that's how a large majority of the stadium does it...

I try to chant Forza TFC in the proper tone, but just about everyone around me chants in a monotone. For that matter, I also sing the second half of the Massive, while everyone else around me just chants the lyrics in a monotone. Overall, I really like the sound of both chants when they're done correctly, but it will take quite a while to perfect them.

By the way, great job coordinating chants yesterday. From up high in 111 you looked like quite the orchestra conductor.

Toronto Ruffrider
05-03-2009, 06:59 PM
Ratven,

When we drafted the lyrics... that's how we drafted them... we have proven that the lyrcis are on point musically with the notes of the song. If all of 112 and 111 were to change the lyrics for the Ultra Chant and The Massive... and we can do that... would you then say that there is no wrong way? and that there is no right or wrong way? comeon...

NEE does it right:

http://www.thenorthendelite.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=12

and they are on the opposite side of the stadium!!

so are you telling me it is the casuals in 113 that do it wrong... or Usector who are besides us and check out these forums that do it wrong? or both?

I'm just in shock that NEE is able to do it correctly and our neighbours can't...

Up near the top of 111, I hear both versions of the Dichio24 chant. Unfortunately, I think the incorrect version is more dominant than the correct one, but I'm not ready to give up on it.

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-03-2009, 07:02 PM

And this is why we don't sound like one

Canadian Blue
05-03-2009, 07:05 PM
After reading the first page of this thred it seems like a bitch fest so I skipped the other 2 pages....but here is my 2 cents....unfortunately I was not able to make this game but the chanting did sound decent on the tele......unfortunately though the loudest chant that I heard through the TV was "Can you hear Columbus Sing". Now I am not sure what section was singing this but whoever it was seriously needs a lesson in chanting......this chant is to be sung by away supporters after the home crowd has been silenced because the home team is getting their asses handed to them. Or at a cup final at a neutral ground where both set of supporters are represented by a large number of fans. The Crew had what 100-200 fans there.......if we could actually hear them sing in our stadium that would be embarrassing.....

Singing inappropriate chants that make us look ridiculous is just as bad as not chanting at all.....

celt-nick
05-03-2009, 07:05 PM

Who are ya!
Who are ya!
Who are ya!
Go read the columbus boards wanker....

flatpicker
05-03-2009, 07:06 PM
There is the right way of singing the Dichio song and there is the wrong way which many people seem to do.

The fact is though, that's not what's killing the tune for us.

If people kept the timing and rhythm of the song, then adding the extra Danny's shouldn't throw things out of sinc.

There is a natural pause before the two Dichio's that gets used up by those who sing with the extra words.

The key is to keep the beat solid. Then, no matter what lyrics are sung, we should be on the same page (so to speak).

FluSH
05-03-2009, 07:11 PM
After reading the first page of this thred it seems like a bitch fest so I skipped the other 2 pages....but here is my 2 cents....unfortunately I was not able to make this game but the shanting did sound decent on the tele......unfortunately though the loudest chant that I heard through the TV was "Can you hear Columbus Sing". Now I am not sure what section was singing this but whoever it was seriously need a lesson in chanting......this chant is to be sung by away supporters after the home crowd has been silenced because the home team is getting their asses handed to them. The Crew had what 100-200 fans there.......if we could actually hear them sing in our stadium that would be embarrassing.....

Singing inappropriate chants that make us look ridiculous is just as bad as not chanting at all.....

It was the 3rd chant after we had just scored a goal... if you would have been at the stadium and seen the Columbus supporters just standing there with their arms down... you would'nt be saying the above...

They were lifeless.

At times there is a formula with chanting... but the moment trumps all.. just like the moment when the storm hit us... the above too was the right moment... and that is the reason why it was loud.

MrHawk
05-03-2009, 07:12 PM
I've heard that chant at a few games (Canada vs Jamaica, TFC vs NER and Chicago)

Useless to sing this game when Seattle, KC, Chivas come, as they generally don't bring any away support.

Unless you say "can you see Seattle play" noooooooo noooooo

But then it does not rhyme with "I can't hear/see a f'ing thing"

FluSH
05-03-2009, 07:13 PM
I've heard that chant at a few games (Canada vs Jamaica, TFC vs NER and Chicago)

We've done it many times at home... obviously only when away supporters are here. because there was that one time some drunk nut started it when there was no away supporters at home LOL

flatpicker
05-03-2009, 07:15 PM

Useless to sing this game when Seattle, KC, Chivas come, as they generally don't bring any away support.

Unless you say "can you see Seattle play" noooooooo noooooo

But then it does not rhyme with "I can't hear/see a f'ing thing"

We don't often use that song... I don't recall us using it unless there are opposing fans in the stadium.

MrHawk
05-03-2009, 07:17 PM
We've done it many times at home... obviously only when away supporters are here. because there was that one time some drunk nut started it when there was no away supporters at home LOL

The first time I heard it was Canada/Jamaica. Then it was TFC vs N.E. Revs (kinda felt bad singing it, with 5 10 year olds infront of me) then vs Chicago.
I love that chant and it works on both scenarios (home and away).

Try to find one that matches with "Can you see (insert team here) play". Just an idea.

jabbronies
05-03-2009, 07:29 PM
the guys in 110/109 are never coordinated with the south. They either do thier own thing or they hear the chant being sung and then just start it without syncing up.

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-03-2009, 07:47 PM
^^ I agree i was in 110 last game and they just can't get it over there. WE need to sound like ONE

deeznutz
05-03-2009, 07:53 PM
^^ I agree i was in 110 last game and they just can't get it over there. WE need to sound like ONE

Yeah we will sound like one when we get a fucking roof

Brooker
05-03-2009, 08:00 PM
i saw they had a drum behind me about 4 rows up in 112 (im row 13) and it kinda made things a lot worse. the top of 112 is loud and they kick ass.... but they really need to figure out their timing.

we're basically in the middle of 112 and every single game we all turn to eachother n' laugh because it gets absolutely ridiculous sometimes. add in 111 and us poor guys in the middle are hearing 3 different loud chaints. it's hilarious and annoying at the same time.

MG42
05-03-2009, 08:01 PM
There is the right way of singing the Dichio song and there is the wrong way which many people seem to do.

The fact is though, that's not what's killing the tune for us.

If people kept the timing and rhythm of the song, then adding the extra Danny's shouldn't throw things out of sinc.

There is a natural pause before the two Dichio's that gets used up by those who sing with the extra words.

The key is to keep the beat solid. Then, no matter what lyrics are sung, we should be on the same page (so to speak).

I agree flats, it's the timing that's the problem.

InTheCrowd
05-03-2009, 08:03 PM
i saw they had a drum behind me about 4 rows up in 112 (im row 13) and it kinda made things a lot worse. the top of 112 is loud and they kick ass.... but they really need to figure out their timing.

we're basically in the middle of 112 and every single game we all turn to eachother n' laugh because it gets absolutely ridiculous sometimes. add in 111 and us poor guys in the middle are hearing 3 different loud chaints. it's hilarious and annoying at the same time.

Ya, I was row 14 in 112 last game. It is annoying that behind us the whole group has bad timing, sings different chants than the bottom of 112 and when they chant they chant faster than they're supposed to. It was kind of annoying.

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-03-2009, 08:07 PM
Yeah we will sound like one when we get a fucking roof

We need more then a roof, people don't look at the clap's or the capo's arm's they hear the echo from the bunker and they try to start up with them but it just off beat.

MrHawk
05-03-2009, 08:23 PM
A roof won't solve problems.

Nearly 1/2 the stadiums in Europe don't have a roof and sound loud and in sync.

Jack
05-03-2009, 08:25 PM
We need time. Things will continue to improve with time and patience and getting more people involved.

One thing that Flush has really done a good job of is inviting people to join the chants as opposed to yelling out orders at them. It seems to work well.

james
05-03-2009, 08:29 PM
i didnt think we were that good on saturday. I thought besides maybe the first 10 minutes the reast of the game was rather quiet.

MrHawk
05-03-2009, 08:29 PM
We need time. Things will continue to improve with time and patience and getting more people involved.

One thing that Flush has really done a good job of is inviting people to join the chants as opposed to yelling out orders at them. It seems to work well.

Agreed. Cohesion takes time.

Jack
05-03-2009, 08:31 PM
i didnt think we were that good on saturday. I thought besides maybe the first 10 minutes the reast of the game was rather quiet.
There were ups and downs during the game, but especially after Barrett's goal, things were rocking.

FluSH
05-03-2009, 08:34 PM

112 needs a mid-capo... Keyman is my go to guy for this...

On a side note: Right now I am looking high and low for a video where 112 was doing Forza and jumping side-to-side... can anyone find me this?

FluSH
05-03-2009, 08:38 PM
We need more then a roof, people don't look at the clap's or the capo's arm's they hear the echo from the bunker and they try to start up with them but it just off beat.

not necessarily true... I'll talk about this later tonight.

james
05-03-2009, 08:39 PM
112 needs a mid-capo... Keyman is my go to guy for this...

On a side note: Right now I am looking high and low for a video where 112 was doing Forza and jumping side-to-side... can anyone find me this?

yester what was annoying in 112 was the top few rows were doing different chants all the time messing everything up.

MrHawk
05-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Why does 112 need a mid-capo????????????

I could see giving 111 or 110 (The top half) a capo.

Keystone FC
05-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Here is how good the chanting was for the CBus game. I could CLEARLY hear you guys on a CBus AM station listening to the match on the way to Pittsburgh! Way to go gang!

FluSH
05-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Why does 112 need a mid-capo????????????

I could see giving 111 or 110 (The top half) a capo.

In summary this is the breakdown of 112... from the top

FYI: I am using hardcore in this scenario as people who know a good portion of chants... new ones, old ones, and even ones that we are trying to create.

(Hardcore)
(semi-hardcore)
(scalper-seats)
(A mix of all people)
(Group of Hardcore)
(RPB Drum)
(Hardcore)
(canadian_Bhoy):D
(mix of hardcore and semi)
(capo)

The problem is the highlighted... often enough the top of 112 either can't hear the bottom, or become frustrated and start their own shit... it's like playing hip hop on one side of the room, and rock on the other.

The "mid-capo" would be better fit as a conductor of what's going on at the bottom or vice versa.... if something really good has started from the top then I would get the heads up...

Also this 'mid-capo' or conductor would have a megaphone to get the middle of 111 (the livest part of 111) on cue... that way I can concentrate on the bottom of 111 (there are a few guys there that need a JOLT) and the middle as well.

MrHawk
05-03-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm sure you could get someone (as you mentioned earlier on) to let you know if a chant at the top of 112 has started.

When you said mid-capo, I pictured another Flush with a megaphone.

FluSH
05-03-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm sure you could get someone (as you mentioned earlier on) to let you know if a chant at the top of 112 has started.

When you said mid-capo, I pictured another Flush with a megaphone.

hahaha... yeah my long lost twin brother... no I'm working with Keyman at the moment and he will have a megaphone... but like I said... he will be more of a conductor than a Capo.

MrHawk
05-03-2009, 09:00 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/footballthoughts/maestro.gif

Like him? A conductor?

Hustle
05-03-2009, 09:04 PM
I don't know if its been mentioned before, but a great thing FluSH does is exaggerate mouthing the words when he is singing. When he is facing us, I can see it clearly from the tip top of 111, and it really helped me get in sync. Megaphones block the mouth and if everyone is singing, you can't hear them. Mouthing the words and the hand gestures are very very key to get more people singing in sync IMO.

J-Man
05-03-2009, 09:12 PM
We were at the top of 112 and the drum in the middle was drumming completely different rhythms then the bottom was. That's why we were singing different songs as for reading your lips i think that worked out real well. If i lost where we were i would look at Flush and read his lips.

FluSH
05-03-2009, 09:15 PM
^^
haha thanks... I tried using a megaphone from the mid of 112 in season 1 (who can remember big Betty?) anyhow I never really liked it... it was unnatural for me and it sounded like I was forcing people to one chant... in the previous seasons there were times when I would start a chant, but a better one would come from elsewhere so I would run with the better option. It was impossible to do this with a megaphone at least for me. It works for some people it doesn't for others...

FluSH
05-03-2009, 09:16 PM
We were at the top of 112 and the drum in the middle was drumming completely different rhythms then the bottom was. That's why we were singing different songs as for reading your lips i think that worked out real well. If i lost where we were i would look at Flush and read his lips.

Getting our drumming in order will be at the forefront of this season. Send all your thougths, ideas, and tips to Roogsy :D

He loves to receive PM's... I'm serious!

shoooter_j
05-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Agreed with Flush on the bottom of 111 - it looked very lively last season, but this season, it seems dead. Even my fiance agrees and wants in on 112! However, there are a few guys several rows up that do a good job trying to keep with 112.

Good job on the mouthing of chants and hand gestures as mentioned previously by one of the guys Flush - keep 'er up.

In summary this is the breakdown of 112... from the top

FYI: I am using hardcore in this scenario as people who know a good portion of chants... new ones, old ones, and even ones that we are trying to create.

(Hardcore)
(semi-hardcore)
(scalper-seats)
(A mix of all people)
(Group of Hardcore)
(RPB Drum)
(Hardcore)
(canadian_Bhoy):D
(mix of hardcore and semi)
(capo)

The problem is the highlighted... often enough the top of 112 either can't hear the bottom, or become frustrated and start their own shit... it's like playing hip hop on one side of the room, and rock on the other.

The "mid-capo" would be better fit as a conductor of what's going on at the bottom or vice versa.... if something really good has started from the top then I would get the heads up...

Also this 'mid-capo' or conductor would have a megaphone to get the middle of 111 (the livest part of 111) on cue... that way I can concentrate on the bottom of 111 (there are a few guys there that need a JOLT) and the middle as well.

TorontoBlades
05-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Also, more people need to wait a second or two for the capo to lead the chant. In 112 and especially around me in the middle of 111, there's always a couple of people that what to be the dude that starts the chant. You get about 3 or four of those every time, and it always causes a lot of the problem IMO

FluSH
05-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Agreed with Flush on the bottom of 111 - it looked very lively last season, but this season, it seems dead. Even my fiance agrees and wants in on 112! However, there are a few guys several rows up that do a good job trying to keep with 112.

Good job on the mouthing of chants and hand gestures as mentioned previously by one of the guys Flush - keep 'er up.

Yeah that midsection row in 111 is live... BlackJ, Matty, and a few others are the only ones that I can see in the first 2 rows that give it all...

something has changed and I don't know what...

james
05-03-2009, 09:31 PM

ya the drumming was pretty bad yesterday. There was one chant that i really remember where the drum was just going and it was way off from whatevery one was chanting and it completely just killed the chant.

J-Man
05-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Don't get me wrong the drumming sounded great it made us more lively. But when the bottom of 112 was singing he would try and join in but it sounded a bit off with what was going on at the bottom.

AL-MO
05-03-2009, 09:55 PM
I was in 112, and thought at times the crowd was REALLY mellow.

It seemed hard getting stuff going until we scored.

morgank1986
05-03-2009, 09:56 PM
A capo between 114 and 115 would be nice too. Obviously lower on the priority list compared to getting 111/112 cohesive but just to put it out there. There a heaps of people wanting to join in with 112 but just needing someone to lead them.

InTheCrowd
05-03-2009, 09:58 PM
I would prefer a capo for each section named so far.

mclaren
05-03-2009, 10:04 PM
For anyone who has access to MAtch Centre...check it out - the crowd sounds VERY LOUD.

Hustle
05-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Also, more people need to wait a second or two for the capo to lead the chant. In 112 and especially around me in the middle of 111, there's always a couple of people that what to be the dude that starts the chant. You get about 3 or four of those every time, and it always causes a lot of the problem IMO

I agree with you. I found the best way to stop this from spreading is to not join in, watch the Capo/Conductor and then start chanting with him...you have to be comfortable enough being the guy falsely "out of sync" but eventually others come around when they notice what your trying to do.

Yohan
05-03-2009, 10:10 PM
For anyone who has access to MAtch Centre...check it out - the crowd sounds VERY LOUD.
or the mic placements were really good

Brooker
05-04-2009, 12:26 AM
ya the drumming was pretty bad yesterday. There was one chant that i really remember where the drum was just going and it was way off from whatevery one was chanting and it completely just killed the chant.

i think his name is Deniz.....

maybe he was a bit drunk on saturday but his timing with the drum was waaaaay off.

then again the back of 112 sometimes like to do their own thing soooo whatever. gotta love their passion, though.

Ratven
05-04-2009, 12:53 AM
I just want to bring it back to the Dichio song for a second. Everything I've said is pure observation, and as someone who's been trying to get the Massive and the Forza TO sung properly for over a year now amidst a large group of people that sing it wrong and having seen no progress or desire to change, I really think that it's just not going to change.

Meanwhile, if you look at what I suggested, I think it's a good way stay on pace and with it even if people are singing it differently. The end game is for us to be together, and I think that is a goal that can be accomplished, I'm just suggesting to approach it from a different angle.

Sally Mack
05-04-2009, 02:14 AM
I don't know if its been mentioned before, but a great thing FluSH does is exaggerate mouthing the words when he is singing. When he is facing us, I can see it clearly from the tip top of 111, and it really helped me get in sync. Megaphones block the mouth and if everyone is singing, you can't hear them. Mouthing the words and the hand gestures are very very key to get more people singing in sync IMO.
I couldnt agree more. I was in 110, and I could get in sync just based on flush's over-exaggerated singing. Heck, I even figured out some of the words for the chants I didn't know by watching flush. It NEEDS to be like that, as quite frankly, a megaphone just won't cut it for us all the way up in 110... especially when the weather was less than co-operative. Where I sit, there's only me, and a couple other guys who try to chant the whole game (was nice seeing you guys again in row 18), so we can't rely on the volume of the crowd. Visual cues are KEY.

Canadian Blue
05-04-2009, 06:48 AM
It was the 3rd chant after we had just scored a goal... if you would have been at the stadium and seen the Columbus supporters just standing there with their arms down... you would'nt be saying the above...

They were lifeless.

At times there is a formula with chanting... but the moment trumps all.. just like the moment when the storm hit us... the above too was the right moment... and that is the reason why it was loud.

Sorry Flush but with all do respect I don't agree but to loosely quote the movie Dead Poet's Society.......I shall follow your lead "Oh Capo. My Capo"

arbogast
05-04-2009, 08:02 AM

That was defo the problem on saturday. no only was there a guy trying to basically out capo flush, he was throwing everything off and generally behaving like a douchebag.

nobodybeatsthewiz
05-04-2009, 08:11 AM
flush:

ful38E9tnJc

just not from this sat, though - it was from last season.

- also, good job on the conducting sat, maestro :)

- seriously, i have no clue why this always happens: one dude (original poster) says something that isnt down with the popular belief, and he gets lynched. it happens all the time. its his bloody **opinion**, gents, who cares.....this is a messageboard after all. reading people calling him a pus$y, good god its embarrassing to ALWAYS have to read someone getting piled on like he murdered school children, however unpopular or dumb it maybe

- agreed that 118/117 (the southwest end) needs a capo....one day, one day when we synch up all this good chanting, then we can fully link in sections

- 112 was very loud for the first 10-15 mins in the cold, windy rain, jumping continuously....it was great, but agree with al-mo that there were vast mellow stretches over the rest of the half (probably because we had almost none of the play)

- banners were great (columbus who? jerk store, etc), always more needed

TFC~Vatreni
05-04-2009, 11:05 AM
the guys in 110/109 are never coordinated with the south. They either do thier own thing or they hear the chant being sung and then just start it without syncing up.

Ya I'm a part of what you're referring to and here's the answer:

1. We try to coordinate as much as possible. We even went so far as to request walkie-talkie coordination with Flush (to no avail/reply) so our Capo/drummer (Sparta Fab) can coordinate.

2. I think some credit is deserved up in 110, we bring it every game and were justly recognized as a supporter's section this year.

Ratven
05-04-2009, 11:07 AM
I really wish your "Twat, you're shit" chant would take off in more sections.

FluSH
05-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Ya I'm a part of what you're referring to and here's the answer:

1. We try to coordinate as much as possible. We even went so far as to request walkie-talkie coordination with Flush (to no avail/reply) so our Capo/drummer (Sparta Fab) can coordinate.

2. I think some credit is deserved up in 110, we bring it every game and were justly recognized as a supporter's section this year.

I'm more than happy to bring our walkie-talkies... however ask Zac from Usector... it didn't work last year... we tried it twice. You can't hear much through the 2-ways.... they were $70 walkie talkies... not sure if we buy more expensive ones if that would make the differance.

TFC~Vatreni
05-04-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm more than happy to bring our walkie-talkies... however ask Zac from Usector... it didn't work last year... we tried it twice. You can't hear much through the 2-ways.... they were $70 walkie talkies... not sure if we buy more expensive ones if that would make the differance.

Hmmm, well I suppose we can explore other types of 2-ways, ear-piece ones possibly. Until then I guess we'll have to keep trying to get better! :drum:
Cheers!

Yohan
05-04-2009, 11:45 AM
Hmmm, well I suppose we can explore other types of 2-ways, ear-piece ones possibly. Until then I guess we'll have to keep trying to get better! :drum:
Cheers!
2 cups with a string attached to it?

C.Ronaldo
05-04-2009, 11:49 AM
please PLEASE
add a capo to that lost west side of the south end

t.o_moose
05-04-2009, 12:00 PM
I really wish your "Twat, you're shit" chant would take off in more sections.

yeah... I end up being the only person in 112 yelling it most of the time.. but 110 (I think) rocks it hard, and it sounds hilarious.

Brooker
05-04-2009, 12:04 PM
yeah... I end up being the only person in 112 yelling it most of the time..

negative.

fetajr
05-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Backbeat...what do you or any of us care what the Columbus Few say on their boards? They are a bunch of girls that are constantly crying about anything and everything. For heaven's sakes, their leader is a xenophobic douchebag named Bill Archer who is about as back-country hick ignorant as they come!

Whatever happens at these games, all they do is complain about us. So what's the point of listening/reading to their whinging? And why care?

As for the banners...who are you to determine what is witty and what isn't? You didn't work on them so quite frankly I would submit that until you do, your opinion doesn't really matter much to those that do put forth the effort.

Want something witty? Put something together.

Humiliating? Gawd...get a sense of humour.

very well put!!

if there is one saying that i hate the most, its "lets not step down to their level".... fuck it, its a futbol match:flare:... respect for the other team and its fans belongs in the ACC

Don Julio
05-04-2009, 12:47 PM
The Dichio song has always been out of sync when it's timed. Everybody starts at the same time and since the first word is a long Ohhhhhhhhhhhh the move to the second at their own pace and since everybody is singing it they can't hear that they are off time. Timed songs might work, but the Dichio song is the worst for this. It doesn't help that all the lyrics are the same word.

arbogast
05-04-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah that midsection row in 111 is live... BlackJ, Matty, and a few others are the only ones that I can see in the first 2 rows that give it all...

something has changed and I don't know what...

I'm in 111 and I can say that the shite play played a big part in the foul mood in the last game. Plus, they don't bring beer to the section anymore so were not as inhibited as we were last year! :drinking:

D.O.W. Mark
05-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I couldnt agree more. I was in 110, and I could get in sync just based on flush's over-exaggerated singing ... Where I sit, there's only me, and a couple other guys who try to chant the whole game (was nice seeing you guys again in row 18), so we can't rely on the volume of the crowd. Visual cues are KEY.

Cheers Sally Mack -- I think you might be referring to Ben and I and some of the DOW folk we bring down from Guelph. We're in row 18 for 1/2 the season, and then in row 12 for the other half.

I love that 110 has the fan section designation now and I think it's still coming into it's own -- sometimes when I'm down in row 12 of 110, it's hard to tell what's happening from above and behind -- everyone's standing, but I don't hear the chants from the fan section as loudly. From row 18 I get a better sense of it, but I guess I've been expecting more energy from the fan section. I know there are folks in it giving it their all, but you only have to look over at 111 to see a section that never stops moving! That being said, I love 110 and the energy was there for the Columbus game -- I think FLUSH was the main reason why people were chanting. From where I sit I can't see a capo or anyone in charge of the 110 section (not to say there isn't but I can't pick them out), so watching Flush set up the chants worked really well and 110 was taking their cue from him. I'd love to see more of this, the capo stand in front of 112 is a perfect spot for people right round to 109 to watch and get direction from.

We've also been saying how nice it would be to have some kind of communication between section leaders, walkie-talkies, etc, but I don't know how practical it is. Anyway, had a blast on Saturday. Thanks folks!