MrHawk
05-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Very lucky to draw.

Frei kept us in the game.

Marc"2L"
05-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Also... 2 things:

1. Barrett kissed the badge....
As much as I might say in the future about his finish et al. I will never bad mouth the man again.

2. If the crew really tank this year, I believe a good counter to their "Canadian win" will be "American mission accomplished." Banner team assemble!.

Inswingingwingman
05-02-2009, 05:14 PM
One of the worst games I saw including 5 year olds. A bit of light late in the game.

Without Frei our eggs were Freid.

I hated everything except the goal.

3,934 corners to 2.

100 dives to none.

WTF was with the over and over diving. Jeez at least we didn't get involved in that.

VERY lucky point. The crew were 40 percent of a team, and we we had a horse shoe. Like did we get 3 shots? Or was it just the one?

They went with 3 players after every ball when we had it, and we gave them the ball 3 times on almost clear break aways.

I'm sad about the empty seats. Every article said sell out. And at the start of the game, broadcast on Hd in not Hd they had more raindrops on the lens than fans. It looked like they took 2 cameras.

And Paul should take note, they at least covered the anthems. And some fan noise. The networks need to be directed what to do with the broadcasts in the future. Mandatory fan noise, anthems, 5 mins pre game, change starting times so they don't leave the game for the national news....if there was 6 mins of overtime we would have seen the Liberal convention instead of the end of the game. And if the Chinese ping pong team playing in Sweeden went into overtime before the game we would have joined it in progress.

Other than than the point is a good thing. They dominated and someone will start a bring back Carver thread. That was coaching? It was like watching the first game of the year with a horse shoe up our bu**s.

twistedchinaman
05-02-2009, 05:14 PM
We didn't cash in on our chances, but neither did they.

Frei was awesome. Columbus goal came off a big stinker, and we could have been many many goals down without a steady hand like him in net. For a first year, he's been nothing short of impressive to the very hilt -- but we've got to be ready to cut him a little slack here and there, he's still young and green and although he didn't show it today, chances are he probably will. But like they say, it's a learning curve.

But man alive, Frei has been almost heaven sent. He lifts up that defence corps, and saves their blunders. The strike force had a very, very off day. But lucky for us their strike force was also having a very, very off day. Count our lucky stars, because next time this might not happen again esp. when the likes of Heydive and Hescrapper comes back for the 21 July match.

sidney
05-02-2009, 05:16 PM
...generally agree (re Frei) but he f'd-up a couple cross-handlings in the 1st half...but in the end he more than made up for it

TFC USA
05-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Vitti looked lost today.

Barrett was crap until that goal. Definitely saved us and the inevitable immunity he'll be given will come any moment.

I will actually agree with mighty torontofc 2008, Jim Brennan has been terrible. He was caught out of position on that first goal and is delivering poor balls into the penalty area. It's time to bench him.

We've been outplayed by Columbus twice and came out with draws. I'm tired of playing down to our opponent.

Lastly, Frei is my hero.

Shakes McQueen
05-02-2009, 05:38 PM
I almost fell asleep during the first half - Columbus fired off a lot of shots, but none of them did anything.

I didn't think Barrett was crap at all - not great, but certainly not crap. A couple of our best opportunities to get a chance on goal inthe first half, began with crafty passes from Barrett into the box, that were then mangled by Vitti and Guevara, respectively.

He was his usual hit and miss self after that, but he got us the vital goal to preserve the point, so I'd be hard pressed to give him a hard time.

Jimmy B was pretty haggard today though, I must say. Got absolutely torched by Ekpo on the Columbus goal. Not a good game for our back four in general.

Frei was superman again for us today. Had a couple of shaky moments in the first half, like his attempted punch/claiming of the ball, that he missed completely.

All in all, a big 'meh" from me. Columbus were clearly pushing like crazy to get their first win - the shot toal shows that. With that in mind, I'll take the point.

Onward to Vancouver.

- Scott

Lucky Strike
05-02-2009, 05:44 PM
I invite you to check you my player ratings for this match.

http://64.13.252.151/forums/showthread.php?p=502487#post502487

Marc"2L"
05-02-2009, 05:47 PM
I highly doubt you can bench Jimmy but he'll know himself he played badly.
Should be good enough to get him back into form.

Not that we shouldn't be looking for a new LB anyway, a kid perhaps.

Shakes McQueen
05-02-2009, 05:49 PM
I highly doubt you can bench Jimmy but he'll know himself he played badly.
Should be good enough to get him back into form.

Not that we shouldn't be looking for a new LB anyway, a kid perhaps.

We have no one better to replace Jimmy B with, anyway. Brennan has had a few terrible performances this season, but he's still our "best" option at LB.

- Scott

twistedchinaman
05-02-2009, 05:50 PM
I almost fell asleep during the first half - Columbus fired off a lot of shots, but none of them did anything.

I didn't think Barrett was crap at all - not great, but certainly not crap. A couple of our best opportunities to get a chance on goal inthe first half, began with crafty passes from Barrett into the box, that were then mangled by Vitti and Guevara, respectively.

He was his usual hit and miss self after that, but he got us the vital goal to preserve the point, so I'd be hard pressed to give him a hard time.

Jimmy B was pretty haggard today though, I must say. Got absolutely torched by Ekpo on the Columbus goal. Not a good game for our back four in general.

Frei was superman again for us today. Had a couple of shaky moments in the first half, like his attempted punch/claiming of the ball, that he missed completely.

All in all, a big 'meh" from me. Columbus were clearly pushing like crazy to get their first win - the shot toal shows that. With that in mind, I'll take the point.

Onward to Vancouver.

- Scott

If this game was in an ugly football game contest, it's a certain finalist!

Onward to the Shitecraps!

RedsYNWA
05-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Thank God I gave away tix to this game BORING

Darlofletch
05-02-2009, 06:03 PM
just back from the game, and abiut to leave to go on vacation so just a few quick points.

very glad to get the draw, well done stefan frei. especially when saving from serioux's fuck up.

none of the forwards really played great, barrett did his usual running and put a couple of good crosses in and butied the one chance he got. very happy for him. vitti did nothing, lots of dribbling to nowhere, some of it looked good, but all came to nothing. Dichio and De Ro weren't at their best either.

Love the roof, kept me nice and dry.

Soccer-Ts

Agreed. Glad Chad was rewarded for his effort with a goal.

Jimmy B was pretty haggard today though, I must say. Got absolutely torched by Ekpo on the Columbus goal . . .

Velez came over in plenty of time to break up the play, but instead of breaking it up he suddenly turned into "The Invisible Maldini", showing his magical form from last year. Ekpo just ran right through the guy like running through air! Amazing! But you knew it was coming . . . at least I did. (And a good job it was Velez too, because if it had been Harmse we'd never hear the end of it!)

dag
Our defense was terrible - Brennan was ASLEEP! Frei saved the day. Total lack of communication in our passing, with so many passes to no one.

MrHawk
05-02-2009, 06:06 PM

AGREED.

I was going to choose to give away Chicago over this game. So far, good choice.

Gixmo
05-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Thank You Stefan, I'll make you a 2 stick now - You deserve it. Man of the last 4 matches in my books.

A draw is the best result for TFC, did not really deserve the win there. Columbus, may I suggest some shooting practice. Match Stats are heavily weighed towards the Spew. GBS is a pathetic excuse, did not like the 'Bunker treatment at all. 60 minutes of "football" out of that guy .. Geesh..

Crowd was loud(er) as game went on, get out in the rain you pansies.

Turning Point - Dichio off? Why... Injuries complications? Let's hope not.. I can't see why you would otherwise.. The 4-4-2 in the second half was a bit better flowing, but school yard football today folks...

dag
05-02-2009, 06:09 PM
H U G Ekudos to the south end for their spirited performance. It was terrible with the rain coming down as the game started, but the south end never let up. Great singing and chanting, great spirit. Well done!

:scarf:

MrHawk
05-02-2009, 06:09 PM
DeRo came on, probably to try to shake up the front and give him some playing time.

And yes Dichio was injured (During training), so probably trying to save him to prevent a further injury down the road.

loconet
05-02-2009, 06:22 PM
I still have hope we can improve but what a shitty first half. 2nd half was 'ok' and only because it seemed like the Crew was tired.

When are we ever going to learn to have patience and play the game, learn to control possession and spread the field. Keep the ball on the ground an build up the play! Fuck, this is so frustrating. It felt like I was watching a High school team play.

Very lucky to get a draw.

Lennon
05-02-2009, 06:27 PM
H U G Ekudos to the south end for their spirited performance. It was terrible with the rain coming down as the game started, but the south end never let up. Great singing and chanting, great spirit. Well done!

Meh ... south end keeps dissapointing me ... besides the rows around the capos no one was making any noise in the first half ... there was even a couple beside me that was sitting! Also .. half the stadium leaving in the first 5 mins when the rain started was pathetic

Nothing will change until supporters groups get control of the tickets in the south end ... far too many part time supporters

Bloor West FC
05-02-2009, 06:27 PM
We played like shit today! Sorry but that first half sucked balls. Mind you we could of had a couple of goals in the second half.

What happened to last weeks team?

Anyways happy to get out there with a tie.

olegunnar
05-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Instead of Carver they should have fired the ProZone machine/program.

I'm treally getting sick and tired of seeing this team hover in the middle of the field like a bunch of 6 yr olds.

Get some width, make it more difficult to defend. Fack.

Different coach same shit.

Bombonera
05-02-2009, 06:34 PM
we are still moving the ball backwards faster than we are forward. Thankfully Frei saved us. I uy like Serioux can't give up that kind of ball. Embarassing tie. Tey looked like the much better side.
Did it not also look terribly disorganized out there? I like the 4-4-3, but the way they were all bunching in the middle was scarry...amateur

bhoybobby
05-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Ehmm....Let me think......................................we got a point.

Pretty listless performance, Best of the bunch Frei, Vitti & Wynne (going forward)

Defense was crap, brain farts all over. Cueverra Jesus, he's getting worse. He's halfhearted in everything, saving himself for Honduras. Bench him.

Congrats on your goal Chad, if you missed it, there would've been a lynching. Better days ahead I hope.:scarf:

Shakes McQueen
05-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Vitti does NOT deserve "best of the bunch" honours for today. Had a few decent dribbling sequences that all went nowhere, and resulted in him getting stripped of the ball.

What did he do today, that warranted that kind of an accolade from you?

- Scott

TFC USA
Agreed, Vitti was poor today.

Positives? We're still in 1st place and the KKKrew are in last.

bhoybobby
Agreed. Glad Chad was rewarded for his effort with a goal.

Velez came over in plenty of time to break up the play, but instead of breaking it up he suddenly turned into "The Invisible Maldini", showing his magical form from last year. Ekpo just ran right through the guy like running through air! Amazing! But you knew it was coming . . . at least I did. (And a good job it was Velez too, because if it had been Harmse we'd never hear the end of it!)

Velez should've laid him out (going for ball) Shocking bit of defending, as bad as Jimmy was on that play, it should've been snuffed after that.

bhoybobby
05-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Vitti does NOT deserve "best of the bunch" honours for today. Had a few decent dribbling sequences that all went nowhere, and resulted in him getting stripped of the ball.

What did he do today, that warranted that kind of an accolade from you?

- Scott

I wouldn't call it an accolade, the pickings were very slim.

Inswingingwingman
05-02-2009, 06:46 PM
A real coach is needed. Sorry, but that sucked the big enchelada.

I hated that game, except for the result.

Frei A+
Danny did not get long balls to convert not his fault, everyone wants slow development, but he's best at getting a long ball in front of the box.

The defense passed the ball over and over to the crew. That was sad.

I was for the 1/2 time sub, but Danny can play 90, leave him the F in.

The south end was awesome.

I hate the Crew but guess who's still in 1st place.

Carver's leaving is still a mistake..maybe his sub will figure stuff out.

And just remember, Mo may end up wearing a Crew uni, he made a worse shift before, though I'm not a 'catholic scot'. The wife is.

Shakes McQueen
05-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Barrett bagged us the one point, by calmly finishing his one good chance all game. He also had a few terrific set-up passes in the first half, when virtually no one else on the team was doing anything.

By comparison, I actually think Vitti and Dichio looked pretty bad today. Dichio's touch was off, and he looked gassed (I assume because of his injury), and Vitti seemed to regress into "some nice footwork, but never resulting in anything meaningful" territory.

If you were to give "best of the bunch" honours to a forward today, I think it would go to Barrett. Aside form him, I think only Cronin and Frei had decent games. Wynne was alright going forward, but had his usual defensive errors.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
05-02-2009, 06:54 PM
So two good looking wins, and one "meh" looking draw, and suddenly Cummins isn't up to the job either? He hasn't even lost a game yet, haha!

Jesus, people aren't kidding when they say this city is a pain in the ass place to be a coach, manager, or player. :D

- Scott

twistedchinaman
05-02-2009, 07:01 PM
So two good looking wins, and one "meh" looking draw, and suddenly Cummins isn't up to the job either? He hasn't even lost a game yet, haha!

Jesus, people aren't kidding when they say this city is a pain in the ass place to be a coach, manager, or player. :D

- Scott

It certainly takes fucking cojones. And an iron hide. :D

I_AM_CANADIAN
05-02-2009, 07:01 PM
We were pretty lucky to get the draw, although I felt we should have had a penalty in there when Vitti was taken down in the box I think. We didn't create a lot in attack and didn't do a great job of keeping possession.

Cronin's cross, though, was picture-perfect. I love this guy.

I_AM_CANADIAN
05-02-2009, 07:02 PM

- Scott
Dude... I love you. :D

Redcoe15
05-02-2009, 07:05 PM
After watching the game, it was obvious Columbus wanted to win this more than TFC. I'm not sure where their minds were today. How do you not get get up for a game against a team that is A) the reigning MLS double champion, and B) TFC's main rivals so far, a team the faithful hate more than anyone else right now? Columbus out hustled and out played TFC for the ball throughout most of the game and if it wern't for Frei's heroics, our side would be walking out of BMO Field with their heads between their ass cheeks. This inconsistent form is unacceptable. They can obviously play better than that.

twistedchinaman
05-02-2009, 07:05 PM
We were pretty lucky to get the draw, although I felt we should have had a penalty in there when Vitti was taken down in the box I think. We didn't create a lot in attack and didn't do a great job of keeping possession.

Cronin's cross, though, was picture-perfect. I love this guy.

Vitti's takedown was marginal. DeRo's takedown was definitely a penalty.

twistedchinaman
05-02-2009, 07:09 PM
After watching the game, it was obvious Columbus wanted to win this more than TFC. I'm not sure where their minds were today. How do you not get get up for a game against a team that is A) the reigning MLS double champion, and B) TFC's main rivals so far, a team the faithful hate more than anyone else right now? Columbus out hustled and out played TFC for the ball throughout most of the game and if it wern't for Frei's heroics, our side would be walking out of BMO Field with their heads between their ass cheeks. This inconsistent form is unacceptable. They can obviously play better than that.

We handed Columbus the game, and they handed it back to us. In the end it's a shitshow of the highest calibre, bar none -- straight from vintage 2008 collection, too.

And man, the ONN commentators suck super monkey nuts.

egoodwin
05-02-2009, 07:11 PM
lucky to get the draw

H Bomb
05-02-2009, 07:13 PM

what a great supporter you are :rolleyes:

Dub Narcotic
05-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Cummins should send some flowers to Robbie Rogers' hotel room, he missed two stone cold chances that would have given the Crew a deserved win.

Barrett was the only good attacker, nice goal and he is actually the best winger on the team: he can, and does, beat players and whip in some good balls.

When does the red rabble turn on Amado Guevara? This guy shows up one out of every four games and clearly considers TFC his second priority. I thought the team looked a lot better when Ricketts came in (for once).

Dichio was owned by Chad Marshall, as usual, and that was one of the worst Brennan games I've seen. Unfortunately, Jim has lost more than a step and I think he is in trouble against more athletic attackers like Epko.

I think Cronin is a better passer than Robinson already. What a great cross for the goal.

Dub Narcotic
05-02-2009, 07:22 PM
One last thought: once again TFC crapped the bed in a game with a big television audience. That first half was awful, although the conditions played a large part.

H Bomb
05-02-2009, 07:24 PM
fuckin hell, enjoy this while you can bitchwhiners, actual fans will be home in a few hours and you'll be shut up again. This was a game where we didn't hit on all cylinders, but to listen to you lot makes me sick...(you lot = people who take a draw as an excuse to bitch about the things the last week has left them unable) I repeat, you make me sick

mastermixer
05-02-2009, 07:27 PM
One last thought: once again TFC crapped the bed in a game with a big television audience. That first half was awful, although the conditions played a large part.
Thats right I forgot we had a playoff hockey game lead-in. I really doubt this game changed any puckheads minds about soccer. Oh well.

TFC Bhoy
05-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Just got back from the game and thank god that sun came out for a bit because I was SOAKED! I couldn't believe how many people left for a bit during the rain. I had a great time standing and singing during it! Got wet but had fun!

I am in sect 117 and have to give it up to some people in 118 and 119 for getting chants going on the more south west end. Bunch of guys there kept our corner going which I thought was great.

Thought, as everyone else was saying, Frei was amazing today and kept us in it. I actually thought Wynne played pretty decent today and even had a few body checks! Must be watching the NHL playoffs haha.

Overall I just thought there was no communication out there. Too many times the midfield tried to be too smart and do drop passes or try give and go's but the other person had NO idea what they were doing and we ended up passing it to no one so columbus would take it.

Not a great performance, so I'm thankful for the draw

WHITEY
05-02-2009, 07:34 PM

From section 223 the Southend looked and sounded great again! Great job by the capos in getting the crowd into it. And, when it did happen, the bouncing looked awesome; if more people could get into the bouncing it would look so sick!

I_AM_CANADIAN
05-02-2009, 07:36 PM
I was in 112 for the first time today... I am NEVER going anywhere else. It was the best. When it started pouring down people kept singing even with the rain blowing straight in their faces. It rocked.

andyc
05-02-2009, 07:38 PM
I loved the NEE banner... http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=303&pictureid=1551 Sorry for the crap cell phone picture and the cops standing in front. It said 2 girls 1 cup and we were laughing our arses off in my section! It was taken down pretty early on - not sure why!!

DOMIN8R
05-02-2009, 07:43 PM
NEE sounded great today.

egoodwin
05-02-2009, 07:47 PM
wasn't taken down really, just put behind the railing...

I don't know the official reason, but we did have our usual front banner up all game... maybe it was done pre-game thing only...

Shakes McQueen
05-02-2009, 07:51 PM
I LOVED the banner that had the Columbus colours and just said "SH*T HOLE" on the front of it. :D

Same with the one with George Costanza that said "The Jerk Store Called... They're Running Out of You."

- Scott

Ontario Arab
05-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Positives=A point........Negatives= we still have too many pretty boys in the midfield....and I will go so far to say we should have started DeRO over Guevara...he is a fantastic player but he is not being utilised well...Cronin was great today and is going to develop into the type of midfielder we are lacking at the moment....tooooooo many similar type players, someone has to go and it should be AG as we will get a good ammount back for him.

Ontario Arab
05-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Not saying AG had a bad game today just that he is worth a lot in a trade, he is a great player but doesnt suit our style of play....or play him upfront with Dichio and Barret as he will cause havoc with his passing, just not in midfield...we need a GENERAL type player...DP please MLSE for example if you dropped Gattuso into our present line up we would beat most teams every week and Im not Italian...lol

Ontario Arab
05-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Frei looks a good keeper

Chevy
05-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Cummins should send some flowers to Robbie Rogers' hotel room, he missed two stone cold chances that would have given the Crew a deserved win.

Barrett was the only good attacker, nice goal and he is actually the best winger on the team: he can, and does, beat players and whip in some good balls.

When does the red rabble turn on Amado Guevara? This guy shows up one out of every four games and clearly considers TFC his second priority. I thought the team looked a lot better when Ricketts came in (for once).

Dichio was owned by Chad Marshall, as usual, and that was one of the worst Brennan games I've seen. Unfortunately, Jim has lost more than a step and I think he is in trouble against more athletic attackers like Epko.

I think Cronin is a better passer than Robinson already. What a great cross for the goal.

I think Guevera played well today and his work-rate was fine IMO. With Dichio and DeRo not 100% it didn't leave him much space to work.

LucaGol
05-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Stefan Frei.

Will be #1 of the Swiss National Team and playing top level football within 3 years.

Book it.

shepherd2
05-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Field looked like a bastard to play on.

Noticed alot of bunching up in the middle - No one seemed to want to stretch across the field. Hard to find a hole or release anyone.

I second the kudos to the NEE. Great banners, Loud (heard them perfectly from 107), well organized chants and kept it up the whole game.

wzhxvy
05-02-2009, 08:13 PM
I am not upset by today..the game started out horribly with the weather against a team needing to win very badly..and oh yes the defending champs. So I will disregard the first half...second half I thought we had more chances and could have actually won the game. Brennan did not have his best game...but overall the whole team had a so so game...including Frie who looked sketchy on a couple of crosses early on, but recovered nicely. I look forward to Vancouver !!!!!!!!

Marc"2L"
05-02-2009, 08:33 PM
upon further review of the game.

I'm convinced Cronin would have won the game for us. A very alert crew defender just got the block in.

Somebody in 115 would know if that was on target or not. Anybody?

H Bomb
05-02-2009, 08:35 PM
^^ looked a bit lacking in pace for me, was goal bound though

RedsYNWA
05-02-2009, 08:36 PM
fuckin hell, enjoy this while you can bitchwhiners, actual fans will be home in a few hours and you'll be shut up again. This was a game where we didn't hit on all cylinders, but to listen to you lot makes me sick...(you lot = people who take a draw as an excuse to bitch about the things the last week has left them unable) I repeat, you make me sick

:chillpill::chillpill::chillpill::chillpill::chill pill::chillpill::chillpill:

looks like someone had too much BMO brew

H Bomb
05-02-2009, 08:38 PM
not beer dude, just fed up of folks like you using our resources for posts like im glad i missed that boring game. there's no use in you being here

RedsYNWA
05-02-2009, 08:41 PM
I never like to shit on other people who love the same thing, I bleed TFC, but that was a boring game ,it's an opinion I had to take care of my newborn and was watching the game....and who are you to tell me I have no use being here???

sully
05-02-2009, 08:42 PM
this game got bogged down in midfield for both teams..no use of the wide players really...Frei is showing once again his talent on a consistent basis and a big question mark over Brennan's place in the first 11... A draw is probably a fair result...but our effort likely wouldn't be good enough against a full strenght Columbus..

H Bomb
05-02-2009, 08:47 PM
....and who are you to tell me I have no use being here???

My name is Matt Hindley, if you're glad to miss your teams games (the team you bleed for) then you are no use being here

MrHawk
05-02-2009, 08:57 PM
When I sold 1/2 my tickets this year, I had a choice.

This game or Chicago. I chose Chicago. So far I made a good choice. Does that make a bad person?

H Bomb
05-02-2009, 09:03 PM
why dont you ask the random chat thread....

Blazer
05-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Damage averted tonight for sure. Didn’t deserve a point never mind the single that we did get.

Guess it’s true, ya gotta be good to be lucky, and lucky to be good - Onward and upward!

MrHawk
05-02-2009, 09:06 PM
why dont you ask the random chat thread....

Cause I'm asking you.

MrHawk
05-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Damage averted tonight for sure. Didn’t deserve a point never mind the single that we did get.

Guess it’s true, ya gotta be good to be lucky, and lucky to be good - Onward and upward!

The main thing is, we got a point.

3 home games in a row against the West Leaders, Former East Leaders and the defending champs. 7/9 points is not that bad.

H Bomb
05-02-2009, 09:08 PM
seriously, you think what you said has anything to do with what im talking about? dude says he's glad to miss a game, i tell him thats shit, and stand by it. i dont know why you sold your tickets but if you are happy that you missed TFC today then i'd think the same of you...happy now?

MrHawk
05-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I am happy that I chose the Chicago game over this Columbus game. (It was a debate I had with myself when having to chose the last one to sell to T-Bird), but not happy I had to miss a game.

I mentioned it earlier on and your statement kinda put me in a generalization with people "Who were happy not to be there".

Don't want to steer this anymore off-topic than it can already go. So let's be glad that we got a point, in a game where we could've easily lost one.

H Bomb
05-02-2009, 09:12 PM
you put yourself into that generalization....and if you are happy you missed TFC then i dont respect you....nothing more, nothing less, not this game over that game, not had to sell anything, simply the statement "if you are happy you missed TFC then i dont respect you"

TFC USA
05-02-2009, 09:19 PM
In other news, Tyrone Marshall scored for Seattle.

napoli73
05-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Watching todays game i thought to myself....Is this what it would look like it there were a pong soccer game???

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww29/Hypno73/retro_pong-49984.jpg

H Bomb
05-02-2009, 09:22 PM
thats a sweet idea, but tough without 22 players

napoli73
05-02-2009, 09:25 PM
The way the two teams were playing it looked like Pong

H Bomb
05-02-2009, 09:26 PM
passing might have been better ;)

MG42
05-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Frei was the ony reason we kept a point, can't wait till wednesday.

ExiledRed
05-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Actually, Vitti cleared a ball off the line in the 20th minute. He should be credited for that.

Blizzard
05-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Vitti's takedown was marginal. DeRo's takedown was definitely a penalty.

Funny. I was thinking the exact opposite.

windsorlad111
05-02-2009, 10:39 PM
the rain at the start was brutal. we had ponchos but one of our guests didn't so he ducked out and went to get beers. fair play to him.

too many people are setting the bar at their 'fanatic' level. chill the fuck out.

i took my sister today who has never been to a game. she doesn't like football, got drenched in the first five minutes and still walked away at the end saying she loved it.

tfc were not at their best today, but I'll take the point. and the refs were ok. not great, but not terrible... move on.

mclaren
05-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Just read the thread and surprised how nobody mentioned the class of Cronin. My two favourite players at the moment = Cronin and Frei. Two guys who just go about their jobs quietly but make a MASSIVE difference.

forza_tfc
05-02-2009, 10:44 PM
And man, the ONN commentators suck super monkey nuts.

I second that. They sounded like teenagers.

forza_tfc
05-02-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm almost convinced that because Toronto's strength is it's speed (Wynne, Dero, Barrett, Vitti, etc.), rainy conditions paralyze this team. The way we played today was exactly how we played against Seattle. We could have easily lost this one. Kudos to Frei, he was a champ.

ExiledRed
05-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Just read the thread and surprised how nobody mentioned the class of Cronin. My two favourite players at the moment = Cronin and Frei. Two guys who just go about their jobs quietly but make a MASSIVE difference.

I'll add to that, the two rookies are upstaging the rest of the team. These guys are good, I hope we don't waste them.

Oldtimer
05-02-2009, 11:01 PM
I was pleased with the switch in formation in the second half, which led to the goal. It is exactly that kind of tactical thinking that TFC has been missing until now.

Sure, I'm disappointed with the draw, but I don't blame the coach for this one.

TFCREDNWHITE
05-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Frei and Cronin! absolutely! Cronin has a great football mind!!

Inswingingwingman
05-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Ok so if was I there in person it was a great game.

But on TV, in not high Def on the High Def channel the first half resembled a bunch of 10 year olds trying to all run at the ball.

Sorry, but I've a bit of a bias, I watch 4 to 6 games a week of non MLS footy, and that was sad. The weather maybe.

I love the team, and the point was a bonus, but wow the first half was torture.

The second half had moments.

Without Frei it was 4 to 1.

And that was the first game DD was a non factor. I was pissed when they took him out but I didn't get to see him in the locker room at 1/2 time and something is up. Porcine feaver speculation?

We escaped with a point, and that was the great escape. Onwards now, keep going forward....

It was a great goal.....

twistedchinaman
05-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Funny. I was thinking the exact opposite.

PK calls are usually pretty marginal; but DeRo's takedown just looked a little more convincing than Vitti's.

I second that. They sounded like teenagers.

Oy, the screaming, the screaming. Jebus, keep it down~!

Barth Bagge
05-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Despite only getting the draw, I suppose the one positive for that game not named Frei is that the Crew is still Winless!

ensco
05-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Barrett's gets a couple of threads because he kissed the badge, but Cronin's move turning that defender inside out, and the subsequent perfect ball, made it among the top 5 individual plays in TFC history.

We had two attackers against 5 defenders, and we cash it.

Chevy
05-03-2009, 08:07 AM
PK calls are usually pretty marginal; but DeRo's takedown just looked a little more convincing than Vitti's.

Oy, the screaming, the screaming. Jebus, keep it down~!

DeRo's takedown REALLY wasn't a penalty and the ref made the correct call, but it would be nice if just once if a BS penalty call went our way. Wouldn't it?

ensco
05-03-2009, 08:23 AM
I liked that ref overall. Missed calls both ways, but who doesn't? He had a good command of the game, and always looked to play the advantage, which I like.

Yohan
05-03-2009, 08:29 AM
So effing pissed off that TFC could not get the 3pts.

Everything was setup perfect. Depleted Crew, plus home field and fit TFC squad.

AND THEY BLEW IT!

I almost had a heart attack watching Ekpo dance through Brennan and Velez and score that great goal.

I hated the fact that the Crew controlled the game for like 75% of the game ON OUR TURF!

Where was the passion that we saw vs Chivas? The boys didnt seem to fight hard enough for the ball. Passing was ATROCIOUS

The boys did kick it up a notch when Shitlicker got subbed out (surprising sub actually), and Barrett goal was sweet, but bah!

If it wasn't for Frei (MoM), the Crew should have got their first victory of the season. Defence was just shite.

Frei, Cronin and Wynne when going fwd had good game. Barrett was again, only guy who seemed to play at 110% effort level.

Disappointing.

If the boys play like this in DC (who are tied with us in 1st btw), its going to be an UGLY game on Sat

Lucky Strike
05-03-2009, 08:35 AM
DeRo's takedown REALLY wasn't a penalty and the ref made the correct call, but it would be nice if just once if a BS penalty call went our way. Wouldn't it?

It was a 50-50 thing in my view, but yeah, it would have been nice for it to go our way for once.

Though I guess it wouldn't matter, we probably would have missed the shot anyway. :D

EENIE MAN
05-03-2009, 09:07 AM
what was the 2 stick that was displayed in RPB sect? Was that George Kostanza? I was in 116 and could hardly see it. Anyone ?

I_AM_CANADIAN
05-03-2009, 09:08 AM
It was george. :D

Yohan
05-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Oh yeah. Would someone send out a search party for Guevara's work rate?

Seems the dude shows up once every 3 games. Invisible for most of yesterday's game.

Bench his ass to send him a message.

ensco
05-03-2009, 09:20 AM
+1 re Guevara. Also, no one has crapped on Robinson yet, so in fairness it must be pointed out that his distribution was unusually terrible yesterday.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-03-2009, 09:21 AM
very poor first half by TFC....BMO field is suppose to be a strong home field advantage...this year is looks pretty weak ie against winless teams, Dallas and Columbus. Second half a little bit better ...Goal by Barrett was brilliant....TFC should attack the supporters section first each game.if winning the toss. the team must play better against Vancouver...or its....??

Beach_Red
05-03-2009, 09:24 AM
Bench his ass to send him a message.

What message do you think he'd get from that?

Wasn't he supposed to be a temporary fix, a skilled guy we could get at the time that wouldn't play for other MLS teams? Looks like the time has passed...

kodiakTFC
05-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Frei was unbelievable yesterday, props to him.

EENIE MAN
05-03-2009, 09:40 AM
It was george. :D
YES! What did it say? . Very creative.

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Not a good game lastnight..... Glad we didn't lose, but what a cross from Cronin !!!!!!

trane
05-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Not a great game. Backline played to high, considering the pitch was sleepery and therfore very difficutl to turn. We were lucky to take one point. But for a poor game, it was far from the worse I have seen. Frei was good, Robbo solid, the attack ok but uninpresive, the back line as I said was caught on the counter, and we could still use a CB, but Velez has not been servicible.

Pachuco
05-03-2009, 01:13 PM
I don't comprehend how the people that pick the man of the match keep neglecting Frei. In fact, they gave him player of the month at the beginning of the game yet they've never given him man of the match. He was man of the match yesterday by far.

Also, props to Cronin for that hell of a move and cross.

Besides that, it's incredibly frustrating to support such an inconsistent team. You never know which team is going to show up when you go watch them at BMO. Atleast last year they were consistent at home.

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Besides that, it's incredibly frustrating to support such an inconsistent team. You never know which team is going to show up when you go watch them at BMO. Atleats last year they were consistent at home.

I know !!!!!!!! Why can't we be more consistent at home ?

Dub Narcotic
05-03-2009, 01:30 PM
I know !!!!!!!! Why can't we be more consistent at home ?

7 out of 9 points on a homestand? That's pretty good in a league with high parity like MLS. It's been a very successful last few weeks.

trane
05-03-2009, 01:32 PM
I forgot to metnion Cronin, great game, I think he was the player of the match, and th goal was his. Good for Barret to finish, but Cronin made it.

TFC RealDeal RPB
05-03-2009, 01:43 PM
7 out of 9 points on a homestand? That's pretty good in a league with high parity like MLS. It's been a very successful last few weeks.

Ya ok 7 out of 9 on this home stand not bad but for the year it like 8 out of 15 which is ok but sould be better

apetimberlake
05-05-2009, 08:58 PM
The way the two teams were playing it looked like Pong

As someone that supports Napoli I am assuming you will agree with me when i say over and over again.

THIS SLOPPY ULTRA FAST PASSING GAME IS TERRIBLE TO WATCH AND WE ARE GOING TO GET BURNED SOONER OR LATER!!! WE NEED TO TAKE THE ITALIAN APPROACH TO FOOTBALL.

- SLOW METHODICAL BUILD UP, THIS INCLUDES THE MIDFIELD PASSING THE BALL BACK TO THE DEFENCE..
- PUSH THE BALL FORWARD TO THE MIDFIELD TO CREATE REAL CHANCES FOR THE STRIKERS TO PUT THE BALL IN THE NET.

kicking the ball all over the place between the midfield and forwards as everyone bnuches in the middle is so sloppy looking and creates chances for give aways.