PDA

View Full Version : Is John Carver a Liar?

kdzb
05-01-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm just wondering, based on what the commish said in this article: http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20090501&content_id=247101&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp
I hope it's the commish who is a liar because I really liked JC.:(

bhoybobby
05-01-2009, 06:34 PM
It's already been stated by Mo that it was him {mlse) that wanted JC on the bench.

They're just making nice as part of the departing agreement. In any event, JC should've focused on coaching, as for Mo..................... why bother.

JC's gone, Cummins is the man, end of story

TFCREDNWHITE
05-01-2009, 06:37 PM
yeah.....I guess it was MLSE that wanted him pitchside.....

wzhxvy
05-01-2009, 06:38 PM
I honestly dont see the point in bashing Carver or Mo any further. Its clear that there were internal issues at TFC, and that Mo and Carver agreed on a financial settlement and otherwise to attempt to move forward, and bury it.

Carver is gone. Mo is still here...so lets evaluate how he does going forward with our team.

trane
05-01-2009, 06:40 PM
I agree with the general sentiment. Carver is gone, I do not think anyone can say he did not give it his all while he was here. He left for whatever reason. Leave it alone.

kdzb
05-01-2009, 06:43 PM
I honestly dont see the point in bashing Carver or Mo any further. Its clear that there were internal issues at TFC, and that Mo and Carver agreed on a financial settlement and otherwise to attempt to move forward, and bury it.

Carver is gone. Mo is still here...so lets evaluate how he does going forward with our team.

With all respect to both of them we are not bashing anybody.
Just as a matter of respect to the fans (us) we wanted to know the truth.
That's the least we can have.
Tomorrow I will be on my seat in section 220 cheering my lungs out for Cummins and the squad nothing changed in my books.:flare:

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-01-2009, 06:43 PM
If JC said it was the league..then it was the league...Garber is the Liar here....It would make no difference to MLSE if JC was up top or down on the field as long as the results were there and JC was getting them,

trane
05-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Both sides should just let it go already. I respect JC as a man, but his time is over.

There will end up in a fight over a manager that has left. Can we move on?

boban
05-01-2009, 06:52 PM
If JC said it was the league..then it was the league...Garber is the Liar here....It would make no difference to MLSE if JC was up top or down on the field as long as the results were there and JC was getting them,
I guess if JC told you the earth was flat you'd believe that too.
:rolleyes:

LucaGol
05-01-2009, 06:55 PM
This story is not going to go away .... and here's why.

MLSE and JC came out with a story saying that the MLS required Carver to be back on the touchline after his one game hiatus.

By Don Garber saying that this is categorically not true, he is not only calling into question the integrity of John Carver, but MLSE as an organization.

Someone is lying here, ok. It's not even about John Carver anymore. MLSE went along with the story, that's what they told the media and the fans.

I told everyone this would happen, that MLS would eventually have a say. Guess what, they have.

It's funny how things snowball out of proportion when you're not honest.

Believe me, I wish we could stop talking about Carver, but this is not the end of this story. The Toronto media (who are becoming increasingly infatuated by soccer) will begin asking questions.

This situation will end up looking pretty bad: Only question is, will it be for Don Garber and the MLS or JC and MLSE?

trane
05-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Luca, ti capisco, pero,

I have a question, is Danny OK to start, and will we keep our form? If so we shall win. I do not like the MLS and I think that they are only a vechile for our growth, sooner or later we will outgrow them. So I take all their shit with a grain of salt.

LucaGol
05-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Luca, ti capisco, pero,

I have a question, is Danny OK to start, and will we keep our form? If so we shall win. I do not like the MLS and I think that they are only a vechile for our growth, sooner or later we will outgrow them. So I take all their shit with a grain of salt.

Pero niente.

MLSE are too proud an organization to be called liars.

And yes ... Daniele will be just fine. Lui e un uomo di grinta e determinazione. A little injury won't slow him down. :)

trane
05-01-2009, 07:09 PM
^
Dacordo. Questo lai deto bene.

I agree. I just to not care for MLSE one way or the other, and while the question has some validity, there is no reason to get into potentialy divisive debate. Having said that the way you framed it, that it is between the MLSE and MLS and not about Carver, it is a more sensible and less divisive debate.

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-01-2009, 07:10 PM
I guess if JC told you the earth was flat you'd believe that too.
:rolleyes:
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ................Yep

Yohan
05-01-2009, 07:18 PM
ok. i'll put on the tinfoil hat too.

1. Was JC mistaken when Mo told him to go back to sidelines, assuming that it was MLS FO behind this?

2. Or did MLS FO told MLSE to get a grip on JC

3. What does MLSE gain from forcing JC to go back to sidelines?

4. Why didn't Mo clarify that it was MLSE, not MLS that's telling him to go back to sidelines when JC flipped his lid?

5. Or this is all an elegant cover story? If so, for what?

Jack
05-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Luca, non hai visto questo che Mo ha detto?

"John wanted to sit upstairs, we wanted him to sit downstairs," Johnston said after announcing the appointment of Cummins and the elevation of Canadian Nick Dasovic to be TFC's first assistant coach.

Kevvv
05-01-2009, 07:27 PM
He did indeed detto that. Whether John thought MLS, MLSE, John Ferguson, Sven, or the voices in my head wanted him downstairs doesn't make any difference.

If Paul came on tomorrow and told us the whole story, or whispered it in Jack's ear, would it change anything? Would you buy less beer, less gear? MLS is what it is, so is Mo, so is MLSE. They should have said it was John's health or family reasons and just left it alone. I've detto'd my last on this.

wzhxvy
05-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Ok so I cant help myself and I will say it...but Mo doesnt want another coach sitting upstairs if you know what I mean :-) Also, its clear that someone made changes to the lineup/formation and imposed that on Carver, but I agree...this is not about where he sat...where he sat was more of a symptom...

Jack
05-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Well said, Kevvv.

We have a match against the Who? tomorrow!

LucaGol
05-01-2009, 07:31 PM
^
Dacordo. Questo lai deto bene.

I agree. I just to not care for MLSE one way or the other, and while the question has some validity, there is no reason to get into potentialy divisive debate. Having said that the way you framed it, that it is between the MLSE and MLS and not about Carver, it is a more sensible and less divisive debate.

Fair enough.

LucaGol
05-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Luca, non hai visto questo che Mo ha detto?

Scusi. No ho vista quella notizia.

Ok. I digress.

And yes ... very excited about tomorrow. :scarf:

No more JC talk. I promise. :)

ensco
05-01-2009, 08:39 PM
OK just one more point and I'll let it go too.

Garber called out the Toronto media there, and that's worth pausing to think about. For all the posts/blogs/threads on this topic, very little was said about what a truly terrible job our media did with this story. (Major exception - Ben Knight.)

OK. Columbus. I'm there!

Kevvv
05-02-2009, 12:15 AM
OK just one more point and I'll let it go too.

(Holding you to this)

Raging Reggie
05-02-2009, 12:20 AM
Carver is gone, its history, it is allllllllllllll ova!

How about we get off this topic and start showing our new coach the love and appriciation that we have shown Carver?

Ladies Love Julius James
05-02-2009, 12:23 AM
Wow. 2 sides to every story. I'll take the Commish's. Fuck that In Carver we Trust shit LOL

Sonny Cheeba
05-02-2009, 12:25 AM
i still think that carver would have put up with the MLS bullshit if it wasn't for the idea that he can easily return to Newcastle and have fun in the championship

Ladies Love Julius James
05-02-2009, 12:28 AM
i still think that carver would have put up with the MLS bullshit if it wasn't for the idea that he can easily return to Newcastle and have fun in the championship

Agreed. Anyway I think the truth is essential for the credibility of the league. If people here want the league to grow and succeed then easily dismissing this issue isn't the way to go. There are 2 sides to every story, we've heard both sides, why sweep it under the rug?

grimm
05-02-2009, 12:32 AM
In my opinion, Carver was probably misinformed. Not sure why MLSE would do that :( Well, here we go, MLSE gonna run another team like the Leafs... right into the ground.

druid
05-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Maybe it was just a slip of tongue. MLS, MLSE...

Or a manner of speach. Carver was thinking MLS vs England rather than TFC vs everywhere I've ever worked before. Maybe he misheard Mo. Maybe they had the conversation by cell phone and one of them had a crap connection.

There are a hundred different explanations and the vast majority are boring as hell.

Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompotence.

Phil
05-02-2009, 01:28 AM
Maybe it was just a slip of tongue. MLS, MLSE...

Or a manner of speach. Carver was thinking MLS vs England rather than TFC vs everywhere I've ever worked before. Maybe he misheard Mo. Maybe they had the conversation by cell phone and one of them had a crap connection.

There are a hundred different explanations and the vast majority are boring as hell.

Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompotence.

I think that solves it. I liked him... some didn't. No worries, we love our team and will support them.

Lets put this behind us and look forward.

Cashcleaner
05-02-2009, 01:31 AM
We may never get the real story behind Carver, so I agree it's best to concentrate on Cummins and watch him do his thing. So far, I don't have any problems with him at the helm. He had a good interview on The Score recently that really lifted my spirits.