PDA

View Full Version : Gerry Dobson - June is soccer month

denime
05-31-2008, 05:07 AM
June is soccer month

I know, I know.

Many of you are wondering why it took so long to get the Brazil-Canada match on television. I know it’s frustrating. But I also know these things are never easy when the sports calendar is already so full to begin with, and when many rights deals are done for most properties well in advance.

The problem with airing international friendlies is that they become available after our programming schedule has already been filled out. We've known for months that we would be carrying a Blue Jays game from the west coast on the evening of May 31st.

Fortunately we've found a way to get this match on Sunday morning at 10 a.m. local time on all Sportsnet channels.

It’s a great kick start to a very busy month of June for soccer on Sportsnet. Euro 2008 starts next weekend and with our partn

Read more (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/05/30/dobson_june/)

Bender
05-31-2008, 05:11 AM
that's a lot of futbol... looking forward to it. I just wish i had sportsnet, hopefully I can stay at a friends place for a month lol...

Cas87
06-01-2008, 06:01 AM
At least the WCQ in MTL was announced as actually being broadcasted. (The 1st leg I think we all assumed wasn't being broadcast.)