PDA

View Full Version : Question? What would they have TFC and TFC Academy play at the same time?

Red CB Toronto
04-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Question for the front office? Why would they have TFC and TFC Academy play at the same time? The Academy opens up their 2009 season in the Canadian Soccer League at Esther Shiner Stadium at 3 pm on May 16th, one hour before the Reds play at BMO against Chicago.

If the wanted to get the youngsters any sort of exposure why are thing doing this. I went to a few Academy games last year at Lamport and had a good time, the crowd was anywhere from say 200 to 800 depending on who they were playing, so I am not saying by any means these games are a big money maker, but at least give them a chance.

It also appears that both teams are playing at home on May 23rd and June 6th, so make some changes please.

BuSaPuNk
04-30-2009, 03:27 PM
Would be great if like the reserves they played after the TFC game. I would stay around for that.

Suds
04-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Would be great if like the reserves they played after the TFC game. I would stay around for that.

Yeah, at least for the games where the schedules of each team allowed for this. It would be a nice treat to check out the odd academy game after TFC plays. I think a few games a year promoted well would get a number of people to stay and watch.

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-30-2009, 03:41 PM

i was saying this last year...come on TFC pull it off....or have in on a saturday afternoon before a tfc match.

BuSaPuNk
04-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Yeah I think it would also, can't go wrong with even charging like $5 bucks extra to see another game?