PDA

View Full Version : GK Jersey

Gixmo
04-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Any idea where I could find? I've been trying for weeks and the search is fruitless - The product name would help to start!

Specifically, I'm looking for Frei's Black/Yellow - I'm not overly concerned if it is Toronto crested or not, it's for recreational play. If it is crested, all the better!

Thanks!

sulfur
04-29-2009, 02:54 PM
It's the adidas Tiro 3/4. Black base. Runs about $55 or so usually.

http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Ne=178&N=4294960223+458&Product_Id=474973

You can't get it with BMO/TFC crests unfortunately, but you can get the plain one.

Gixmo
04-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Awesome, countless searches got me no where!!!

Thanks a bunch!

ilikemusic
04-29-2009, 03:33 PM
That keeper shirt is a huge improvement over what Sutton was wearing the last two years.

It looks totally freakin badass. :D

sulfur
04-29-2009, 04:41 PM
As an aside, not available via adidas Canada.

I'm putting some feelers out to try to get ahold of a few right now.

111_DrummerBoy
04-29-2009, 06:20 PM
I'd be interested in getting my hands on one.

TK88
04-29-2009, 06:37 PM
You can get the red and white version at sportscheck.

massive_magpie
04-29-2009, 06:45 PM
I've actually seen someone in the stands at BMO wearing it (with BMO/TFC on the front) in yellow and black.

Gixmo
05-02-2009, 04:14 PM
I've ordered one in 3/4 length and am working on getting the rest. I've obtained the crest, flag and MLS badge, now to wait for it to show up and get it stitched and crested. It would be nice on warmer days, but black lol :) I hope no one gives me stick for wearing it one day. I may use it as a rec jersey to be honest...

Magpie - That's why I asked initially, I seen someone at my first game this year in a Frei kit..

If someone is interested, there is a brand new one on Ebay.ca for $32 CDN plus shipping, Large SS

Yeoman
07-16-2009, 01:29 PM
revive from the dead here (why start a thread when you knew there was one)
someone said they saw one in the stands?
now i never do look at the merch available at BMO; but has anyone seen one for sale there? or anywhere at that?

Boudge
07-16-2009, 01:31 PM
When I was in MTL and Frei was giving away his jersey I wanted to jump on the field and snatch that shit.... The Yellow/Black jersey is so nice!

Phil
07-16-2009, 01:32 PM
revive from the dead here (why start a thread when you knew there was one)
someone said they saw one in the stands?
now i never do look at the merch available at BMO; but has anyone seen one for sale there? or anywhere at that?

The one in the stands is probably Frei's brother. He has one on for every match.

I have never seen one for sale, I would assume you have to make your own.

Check the adidas store or a proper soccer shop for the regular jersey without crests.

Krazy_kid
07-16-2009, 01:32 PM
they don't sell the jersey at the merch stands at BMO or CentreSports

Yeoman
07-16-2009, 01:35 PM
well that sucks
hmmmmmm.............wonder if anywhere in london sells em
guess i'll have to make some calls!

King Tut
07-16-2009, 02:04 PM
I've ordered one in 3/4 length and am working on getting the rest. I've obtained the crest, flag and MLS badge, now to wait for it to show up and get it stitched and crested. It would be nice on warmer days, but black lol :) I hope no one gives me stick for wearing it one day. I may use it as a rec jersey to be honest...

Magpie - That's why I asked initially, I seen someone at my first game this year in a Frei kit..

If someone is interested, there is a brand new one on Ebay.ca for $32 CDN plus shipping, Large SS

Where did you get the flag (assuming it's the exact same flag they have on TFC jerseys) and MLS badge? Where's a good place to get the BMO sponsor done too?

Cas87
07-16-2009, 02:05 PM
they don't sell the jersey at the merch stands at BMO or CentreSports

I say force ably suggest to the FO to at least get a long sleeve t-shirt set up like Frei's jersey and sell it for like $25

People will buy it, assured

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 02:06 PM
The best bet, but expensive, is to buy a jersey (or any shirt with the crests) and cut them off then get them sewn on the new top.

do the letters at BMO, and get the BMO done at any shirt printing shop.

King Tut
07-16-2009, 02:07 PM
The best bet would be to talk to Stefan Frei himself and trade him a scarf for a jersey...:D

Parkdale
07-16-2009, 02:11 PM
yeah, but then he would suffer the wrath of Kit Man Malcolm, and I wouldn't wish that on any of our boys.

King Tut
07-16-2009, 02:14 PM
yeah, but then he would suffer the wrath of Kit Man Malcolm, and I wouldn't wish that on any of our boys.

They could always give away some of the Sutton jerseys left behind, and try to get the name taken off, re-printed with Frei 24....:D

anto7
07-16-2009, 04:25 PM
:drinking:Everytime I see Frei's jersey makes me wanna drink a pint of Strongbow Cider !

Yeoman
07-16-2009, 06:33 PM
edit; i'm an idiot
found it, it was somewhere else
smooth move yeoman, smooth move
will pass along when i get answers back

Yeoman
07-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Thank you for contacting Customer Service at www.mlsgear.com.

We searched our website to see if we had these items available.
Unfortunately, we do not carry this item at this time. We are always
adding new products to our online store; however, due to manufacturer's
schedules, we are unable to provide estimated arrival times for product
replenishments unless otherwise indicated on the website.

The below listed link shows all the Toronto FC items we currently have
available in stock:

http://www.mlsgear.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=715475&clickid=leftnav_fanshop_txt (http://www.mlsgear.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=715475&clickid=leftnav_fanshop_txt)

We operate a real-time inventory system that updates our web store
catalog according to what is available in our inventory. If an item,
size, or color is not available, we remove it from the Internet store to
avoid any confusion. In addition, we do not have the ability to view
the inventories of other retailers or our land-based stores.

We appreciate your interest in our online store. Please periodically
check back with us to see if we are carrying the product you inquired
about. Do not forget to sign up to be on our mailing list if you want to
be notified about our sales and specials. See details on our homepage.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and
thank you again for contacting Customer Service at www.mlsgear.com.

Sincerely,

Emilee B.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service at www.mlsgear.com

If you have additional questions, please visit our online Help Desk.

THIS IS THE FUCKING RESPONSE I GET?!?
I'm fuckin calling tomorrow and raising hell.
THAT is NOT an answer to my question at all!
maybe you could tell me if I'm allowed to?
or perhaps show me a contact to a manufactuer?
seriously; what a fucking joke

Phil
07-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Good luck with phoning them. Their agents seem to be stationed at an office called 'home' and have frequent crashes of the applications on their computers.

They also may try to negotiate with you about shipping fees - last time I checked they wanted $75 USD to ship a $50 product to 'Canada'.

If you are really lucky they will have a security breech and your credit card number will be compromised like all the ones from a couple of years ago.

Honestly, this was my experience from dealing with them, I would suggest trying a flea market over dealing with them.

nascarguy
07-16-2009, 10:55 PM
you could not pay me to buy anything from mlsgear.com bad Customer Service and it take to long for them to ship out anything

Phil
07-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Just to be specific, this is what you are after:

http://www.just-keepers.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/E87718.jpg

ADIDAS Tiro Jersey Black/Sunshine

Yeoman
07-16-2009, 11:49 PM
okay sounds like i'm going to have to burn down something tomorrow then eh?
fucking beauty.
fuck it, i'll just buy another damn kit and rip the shit off of it.
instead of frei maybe i'll put 'i ripped all these fucking logos off another kit since i couldn't get this kit for some stupid fucking reason'
edit;
order one off of worldsoccer
hopefully i can get everything done in time for the real game

sulfur
07-17-2009, 07:50 AM
In the MLS over the last few years, you could only by GK kits from two teams. And _only_ at their stadium. Houston and San Jose.

Sadly, the Tiro 3/4 isn't even available in Canada (very frustrating), but the Tiro SS is. Amusingly, it's a completely different look and style.

Regardless, the MLS (and adidas in general) just isn't that interested in selling decked out GK kits.

TFC Tifoso
07-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Thank you for contacting Customer Service at www.mlsgear.com (http://www.mlsgear.com).

We searched our website to see if we had these items available.
Unfortunately, we do not carry this item at this time. We are always
adding new products to our online store; however, due to manufacturer's
schedules, we are unable to provide estimated arrival times for product
replenishments unless otherwise indicated on the website.

The below listed link shows all the Toronto FC items we currently have
available in stock:

http://www.mlsgear.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=715475&clickid=leftnav_fanshop_txt (http://www.mlsgear.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=715475&clickid=leftnav_fanshop_txt)

We operate a real-time inventory system that updates our web store
catalog according to what is available in our inventory. If an item,
size, or color is not available, we remove it from the Internet store to
avoid any confusion. In addition, we do not have the ability to view
the inventories of other retailers or our land-based stores.

We appreciate your interest in our online store. Please periodically
check back with us to see if we are carrying the product you inquired
about. Do not forget to sign up to be on our mailing list if you want to
be notified about our sales and specials. See details on our homepage.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you, and
thank you again for contacting Customer Service at www.mlsgear.com (http://www.mlsgear.com).

Sincerely,

Emilee B.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service at www.mlsgear.com (http://www.mlsgear.com)

If you have additional questions, please visit our online Help Desk.

THIS IS THE FUCKING RESPONSE I GET?!?
I'm fuckin calling tomorrow and raising hell.
THAT is NOT an answer to my question at all!
maybe you could tell me if I'm allowed to?
or perhaps show me a contact to a manufactuer?
seriously; what a fucking joke

hey yeoman.....do not deal with mlsgear....EVER!.....guaranteed to be the worst experience you've had.

CoachGT
07-17-2009, 08:27 AM
I've actually seen someone in the stands at BMO wearing it (with BMO/TFC on the front) in yellow and black.

That is probably Frei's brother. He's worn it at a few road games, too.

Yeoman
07-17-2009, 10:11 AM
i could have sworn you could get sutton kits last year
i must be huffing some really high class glue, or low class, i'm not sure which
yeah maybe i won't even bother phoning them.
maybe i'll just take pics and write a letter. but i'm sure they'll fuck that up somehow too.
*sigh* well off to go destroy a perfectly good TFC kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/TORONTO-FC-MLS-IRON-ON-SOCCER-BADGE-PATCH-CREST-NEW_W0QQitemZ130294678564QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_ Fan_Shop?hash=item1e562b0424&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A2149%7C 293%3A1%7C294%3A50
is that look like to everyone else a proper badge like on the kit?
i don't want to jump and find out i'm wrong

Southsider
07-17-2009, 10:50 AM
It looks correct to me.

sulfur
07-17-2009, 11:24 AM
i could have sworn you could get sutton kits last year
i must be huffing some really high class glue, or low class, i'm not sure which
You couldn't buy 'em officially. Parkdale and I made a few up ourselves unofficially.

Yeoman
07-17-2009, 01:01 PM
ah seen
i knew i had seen them before!
you know what?
i'm going to shoot an e-mail off to TFC just to see what they say as well.
huh all those phone numbers and not on e-mail contact? weird

07-17-2009, 05:33 PM
I'm currently getting all 3 of this year's Keepers jerseys made up. (The black&yellow tiro, the grey&blue tiro and the logo-less grey&blue tiro). I've had luck over the past couple seasons getting the first 8 keepers jerseys re-created...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39804770@N03/?find=touch_em_all_joe%40yahoo.ca

...but I'm having to go a different route this season. I had to pay quite a bit to set up the BMO templates at JMT Metrosport, but future pressing will be much, much cheaper. I swear, with the money I pay to get the blank jerseys over from Europe, and then the patches off eBay, I'd far rather just buy them from the merch shoppe. I'm sure TFC could sell an easy thousand. Can't figure out their reluctance.

Yeoman
07-19-2009, 08:36 AM
....................I wasn't talking to you yesterday was I?!?
I had someone in line with me when I was getting my ricketts (yeah laugh) on my shirt and someone was getting Frei on theirs.
they couldn't find any of the flags or MLS patches for this year.
after a few more loops; mlsgear got back to me. they apparently don't know how to get ahold of those patches
but talking to Craig (is that who it was yesterday that was saying hi to us yesterday in 112?); I asked him, and he said to give them a ring to see about getting something done. so I'll be giving TFC a ring tomorrow and seeing if they can help out.

07-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Please let me know if you find anything out about the patches from TFC. This year, I've had to resort to replicas off ebay = (MLS, Flag, Crest)

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAJOR-LEAGUE-SOCCER-FOOTBALL-MLS-PATCH-2008-09_W0QQitemZ320399836304QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_F an_Shop?hash=item4a99518490&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1240%7C 293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/CANADA-OBLONG-FLAG-WORLD-EMBROIDERED-PATCH-BADGE_W0QQitemZ230328517123QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_C ollectables_Badges_Patches_MJ?hash=item35a0a64203&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1240%7C 293%3A1%7C294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/TORONTO-FC-IRON-ON-PATCH-SEW-SOCCER-MLS-BADGE-CREST_W0QQitemZ260403521215QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_S M_Fan_Shop?hash=item3ca14266bf&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1240%7C 293%3A1%7C294%3A50

But would obviously love the real McCoy's, if they became available.

My friend also saw that Frei jersey at the jersey-trailer at BMO yesterday. I was wondering if they were adding anything else besides numbers and names to it.

Cheers,
Martyn

sulfur
07-19-2009, 06:11 PM
They won't add anything more at the trailer than names and numbers.

Yeoman
07-19-2009, 10:07 PM
think if i can use your info to keep using that bmo template ;)

Gixmo
07-19-2009, 10:15 PM
Yeoman, like I said I took a Columbus jersey and carefully cut the patch out. The flag I found at a local shop and kept. The lettering I have yet to tackle. The jersey is a pain to find in my size, there are some on ebay here and there in large. Roogsy posted the right picture.

I have one of last years model as my rec jersey, The 3/4 sleeve is the best I've worn, I love it. Doesn't interfere with my glove straps at all :)

I would love to see more in the stands, as a keeper Stefan is a fave of mine, He's just nuts... So agile & a brick wall. I don't know what I would do if I was able to get a real kit from him, immense!

Yeoman
07-20-2009, 05:49 AM
i just about jumped out of the fucking stands to get his in montreal
i shall be giving TFC a ring today to see if I can score anything off of them.
just don't all you be calling this week about it as well if i can somehow pull this off lol

07-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Hey Yeoman,

I'll get my first batch back from Metrosport next week. (The 3 GK jerseys they've worn this season)

If they look good, I'm sure they'd do the "BMO" for you at a reduced price.

I paid a fair bit of money to get the white BMO, and the grey/red BMO created, but now that they've been created, I think the cost might be $30-ish for the set up, and $10-$15-ish per BMO. They told me that they'd hold onto my templates at the store, so I'll ask them if it's okay if others use my templates.

I'll post later this week once I get them in my hands!

Yeoman
07-20-2009, 03:39 PM
coolio ;)
update for logo; nothing from TFC side
their jerseys come into the stadium like that from adidas canada.
now off to adidas canada!

rocktml
07-20-2009, 03:42 PM
The only reason why the GK jersey looks so good is cause Frei has the body for it. Sutton was a tooth pick compared to Frei. Frei stands in goal like a beast!

Yeoman
07-20-2009, 03:51 PM
that' or the jersey actually looks pretty nice
but who's keeping score on that :noidea:

Gixmo
07-20-2009, 05:32 PM
i just about jumped out of the fucking stands to get his in montreal
i shall be giving TFC a ring today to see if I can score anything off of them.
just don't all you be calling this week about it as well if i can somehow pull this off lol

I emailed the team many moons ago asking how I could get one, and that I was a GK etc and Frei was a hero etc, I didn't get anything back :(

Like I said aboe, Frei is immense and an idol to keepers around!

Gixmo
07-20-2009, 05:34 PM
117 - If you can get the Black/Yellow Tiro in Medium, crested with the BMO I will gladly send full payment tonight lol... I dont need the MLS crest or Canadian Flag etc, Just the BMO on.. I have the rest...

PM me if u can make it happen & the cost... I'm in 100%, Thanks... Those kits you have created so far are great, I really enjoy those. Very very nice!

Yeoman
07-20-2009, 05:37 PM
heck the only time i ever played goalie was back in my younger days
looking back now, maybe i should have stuck with it
they do say the weirdest guys on the team, are the goaltenders

Gixmo
07-20-2009, 05:43 PM
hahaha I wouldn't have it any other way, 25 years between the sticks for me and love it.... Sadly, most of my peers have no understanding of football which leaves me kicking balls off walls for practice...

Yeoman
07-20-2009, 05:54 PM
well i just gave adidas canada a ring
i figured there wasn't a 24/7 line but i left my name, number, and a message describing the situation.
odds are, i'll be giving them a call back at some point tomorrow (since I hide and pretend to be doing things at work these days), and hopefully i'll get another update tomorrow on operation; i hate you MLS, make me a god damn goaltenders kit

Gixmo
07-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Good luck, keep me in the loop man, I'm totally committed if you can get a hook-up here. There has to be a supply somewhere of the kit at least, I don't think we are going to find a few of them lol.. never know... We'll hope for the best.

I'm gonna check Ebay...

Wait, Looky what I found...

http://nscaastore.com/departments-goalkeeping-goalkeeper-jerseys-adidas-tiro-3-4-goalkeeper-jersey--black-.html
Nothing shows out of stock that I can see... So there is the kit at least, but its still a home brew operation so far...

Gixmo
07-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Found it online in several places now actually, but all from USA. Sizes seem to be available across the board. If your path doesn't lead to fruit, then we can at least start with the base.

Yeoman
07-20-2009, 06:23 PM
while i still remember
when i was calling Toronto FC and telling them my predicatment
'yeah I was attempting to call MLS and mlsgear first, but apparently to them there's no team in Canada or something'
'yeah I've heard that before'
whomever that gentlemen for whatever extention it was I called, and if you read this, I totally owe you a beer.
I've got a jersey coming regarless. i mean really, how much further can I go other then adidas canada?
maybe I need to call up ol 'bama to throw his presidental skills down

Gixmo
07-20-2009, 06:31 PM
So wait, you found a complete kit and it's on route?
Totally jealous now lol..

Yeoman
07-20-2009, 06:37 PM
no just the 3/4 shirt with no patches on it
sorry for the confusion
still working on the patches
I got the TFC patch from ebay, going to check it out when it comes with my kit. looks to be the same though.

Gixmo
07-20-2009, 06:41 PM
no just the 3/4 shirt with no patches on it
sorry for the confusion
still working on the patches
I got the TFC patch from ebay, going to check it out when it comes with my kit. looks to be the same though.

lol I almost had to come find you.... There are a few TFC patches on Ebay and 1 or 2 are really close in my eyes. The MLS patch that was posted above is fairly close, I want to measure it against my LS to see how accurate that is and maybe I will get one of those rather the transplanted one. The Flag def is an option above, little bright but it'll do the trick

if 117 can get them complete I'm in 100% with him, his kits from his Flickr stream are quality, top notch! Hopefully this works out, I would love to rock a Frei kit to my next game with a Frei 2 Stick!! I'll come find you.. Won't be hard haha

SilverSamurai
07-20-2009, 06:44 PM
I'm curious now...
I'd like a black and red one...
Well does it even come on that combo?
Keep us posted...

Yeoman
07-20-2009, 06:59 PM
i'm almost positive the patches on ebay, are the old design.
almost positive
they look completely sewn unlike the new one that has that well, weird felt look to them.

Gixmo
07-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Ya, They def are not the right size at all, just compared.

So, I would suggest this : take a sharp knife and carefully carve around the patch on a discarded kit (I suggest a Crew kit like I used) Just trim it nicely and get yourself to the sewing machine.

The Canadian flag / BMO crest are easy.

SilverSamurai - I have yet to see anything on the pitch other then the yellow/black and grey/blue... Although, the red/black is very nice.

BTW Yeoman quality signature, A fellow Gooner myself... You made it to the Emirates on your tour right? .. ass lol

Yeoman
07-20-2009, 07:15 PM
that flag you showed earlier, is the exact same one though?
that had my head scratching
red/black would be pretty nice. not too thrilled with that grey/blue, i think it just looks like crap.
yes i did make it to Emirates, definetely bad ass. hope to make it back out there in May for a match this time instead of a tour

Gixmo
07-20-2009, 07:19 PM
The kit I use for recreation games is last years Blue/Grey.. nice kit to play in, not the most fashionable lol. Anyways, the flag is not the same - Notice the almost reflective type material on the real jersey.. plus I think the red is a bit bold, not a bad thing.

I will visit the Emirates someday, not this year maybe next since my Fiancee is from Portugal and flights are cheap :)... It looks pristine, pictures from friends amazing. I just hope the lads are able to string together a strong, consistent run this year.. The last few runs have been painful.. Oh, and later Adebayor..

Yeoman
07-20-2009, 07:26 PM
well if i ever do decide to start playing goaltender again, i'll probably go with something like that.
not enough people to play in a gentlemens league around this base
boooo

Yeoman
07-21-2009, 03:18 PM
well does anyone know where these kits are made?
like the address of the factory in thailand?!?
lame
i'm calling MLSE and seeing what they think about this. I wonder if they would have any control about this?

Technorgasm
07-21-2009, 03:20 PM
well does anyone know where these kits are made?
like the address of the factory in thailand?!?
lame
i'm calling MLSE and seeing what they think about this. I wonder if they would have any control about this?

Koh San road - Bangkok. .

Yeoman. . you Motor boating son of a bitch!

Yeoman
07-21-2009, 03:54 PM
please tell me you made that up techno

Gixmo
07-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Still no luck on my end brother...

Yeoman
07-21-2009, 05:58 PM
well you know what?
i'm going to give adidas usa a call tomorrow, and MLSE hopefully as well
lets see how many people i can confuse the hell outta
adidas usa; there's an mls team in toronto?!?
mlse; we own an mls team?!?
https://www.mlsemarketing.com/Speak.jsp?cid=155&scid=19
maybe if we get a few people to send some e-mails off to see if we can get the ball rolling on this one?

Gixmo
07-21-2009, 06:27 PM
I am reaching out to my Acct Rep as we speak.. :)

If needed, I'll find where Stefan lives and knock on the door lol... I hear the Cora's on BlueJaysWay is a good spot to run into the team.. I've already met Chad and Marvell there.

Yeoman
07-21-2009, 06:33 PM
hey can i just get recognized by the RPB's again?!?
no reason for needing for the field pass

Yeoman
07-22-2009, 03:10 PM
so they said 'it's something we'll be looking to discuss in the future proceedings'
aka
fuck that noise, there's not enough money in doing that!
*sigh*
well I guess it's off to destroy a perfectly good tfc kit.
or someone can just give me a field pass, so I can just ask Stefan if I can buy his kit off of him after the game :noidea:

Gixmo
07-22-2009, 09:18 PM
Bummer dude, bummer.... Perhaps 117 will come through. This will happen somehow, guaranteed.

Yeoman
07-23-2009, 05:55 AM
no i just need someone that has awesome search skills to tell me exactly where the factory in thailand is and we'll just go there and buy a shit load of the patches.

Yeoman
07-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey Yeoman,

I'll get my first batch back from Metrosport next week. (The 3 GK jerseys they've worn this season)

If they look good, I'm sure they'd do the "BMO" for you at a reduced price.

I paid a fair bit of money to get the white BMO, and the grey/red BMO created, but now that they've been created, I think the cost might be $30-ish for the set up, and $10-$15-ish per BMO. They told me that they'd hold onto my templates at the store, so I'll ask them if it's okay if others use my templates.

I'll post later this week once I get them in my hands!

what was the turn around for getting this done?
a week?
i was hoping to drop em off next weekend and having them in time for the real game.

Yeoman
07-24-2009, 11:43 AM
jersey showed up
dang it's pretty thin material and runs tight
and definetely a game day only jersey lol

07-24-2009, 12:16 PM
It seems to be about a week and a half.
I expect to get a call from them early next week, for pickup.
Cheers!!

Yeoman
07-24-2009, 01:50 PM
coolio thanks boss, maybe i'll get the room mate to drop that off for me in a couple of days when he's down in To then.

Dirk Diggler
07-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Is there a full long sleeve version of the exact same jersey? That would be my preference.

Yeoman
07-24-2009, 05:01 PM
they do exist yes, but not in the goaltender kit style

Yeoman
07-28-2009, 03:18 PM
okay so i've made my calls
117; that place you're getting your BMO stuff done at, has told me they can do same day stuff. i brought it up today. so hopefully i can give them a ring again on thursday, just to make sure that they've got everything ready for me on friday.
i recieved my TFC crest today in the mail.
it will suffice. it's a clear difference when put up side to side with the current TFC crest on the jersey. the one of the jersey looks to be silk screened, with the one i have looks to be sewn together. i'll attempt to take pics tonight to show the differences. very minor, unless someone is pretty much looking at each crest beside each other, i doubt anyone would care.
i guess i'm going to have to cut up my long sleeve kit and sew those two things on the jersey and bam! got my frei kit

08-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Got the 3 new Keepers jerseys from this year back yesterday...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39804770@N03/?find=touch_em_all_joe%40yahoo.ca

I've got the black and white Tiro SS on order (from Wednesday's game)!! It never ends. :)

ArmenJBX
08-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Where do you get your Jerseys customized!? :O

And how much is it usually for a name and number?

08-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Hey TFCSuperFan,
The last batch (3) I got done at JMT Metrosport on Warden. I had to supply the TFC badge, MLS badge and Canada Flag, and they created the white BMO and the red/black BMO for me. I got the jerseys from soccer.com. I haven't put names and numbers on the back of any of my jerseys.
Hope this helps.

BTW, this is the one I ordered (Wednesday's kit vs. PRI)

http://www.soccernetstore.com/departments-teamwear-adidas-jerseys-adidas-tiro-soccer-jersey--blk-wht-.html

Not sure where I'll get the CONCACAF CL arm patch yet.

Cheers,
Martyn

Gixmo
08-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Martyn, Absolutly sick man.. Where do you live so I can come steal the Black/Yellow :)

ArmenJBX
08-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Isn't there a place I can get the name and number done on game day?

And if not, where should I go?

Yeoman
08-02-2009, 12:11 PM
you can get it done at BMO field, takes like a half usually
117; i went to the jmt metrosport in missisauga, and all i got was a deer in a head lights look from the guy behind the counter about getting a BMO crest done.
i paid to get the name on the back. they said it would be done yesterday, still waiting for that call.
if i can get my jersey done in time, i'll just get the place in pet to do it i suppose. couple more bucks to do it, but oh well.

08-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Martyn, Absolutly sick man.. Where do you live so I can come steal the Black/Yellow :)

Thanks, man! I was really stoked about how the new ones turned out!!

08-02-2009, 01:48 PM
you can get it done at BMO field, takes like a half usually
117; i went to the jmt metrosport in missisauga, and all i got was a deer in a head lights look from the guy behind the counter about getting a BMO crest done.
i paid to get the name on the back. they said it would be done yesterday, still waiting for that call.
if i can get my jersey done in time, i'll just get the place in pet to do it i suppose. couple more bucks to do it, but oh well.

Sorry about that. It's the JMT in Scarborough. 777 Warden only. I paid the money to have the two templates done up (all white, and black/red). None of the other locations would have these templates, per say.
(416) 752-8070

Gixmo
08-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Argh, and Frei's brother pops up in a PR thread wearing a kit too.. Gawd, so arousing :) I love that kit!!!

08-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Argh, and Frei's brother pops up in a PR thread wearing a kit too.. Gawd, so arousing :) I love that kit!!!

I know what you mean. I saw a guy at the game on Wednesday wearing a year one keeper jersey

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39804770@N03/3660345114/

with Djekanovic on the back of it. I can only assume it was a gamer. Love seeing the keeper's jerseys at the game!!!

Yeoman
08-03-2009, 09:49 PM
Sorry about that. It's the JMT in Scarborough. 777 Warden only. I paid the money to have the two templates done up (all white, and black/red). None of the other locations would have these templates, per say.
(416) 752-8070

ah, seen
well, i'll see if i can get someone i know down there to do this up for me.

Yeoman
08-29-2009, 12:51 PM
jersey is done :)
next home game i attend, i'll be rocking it
just need to destroy a perfectly good tfc kit for two bloody patches
what a crock of shit

MKR
08-29-2009, 06:45 PM
i found a store in Kensington Market that sells TFC logo patches for $5. They look really good IMO. I used one to make an old-school adidas track jacket - and i plan on making a keeper's jersey soon.

Blazer
08-29-2009, 07:20 PM
2 people had his (Frei) jersey in New England, and it was totally frickin' badass indeed!

http://sn102w.snt102.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=bfa56732-edbe-4005-bdc0-c0da0e27f14e&Aux=14|0|8CBF71F7B8642D0|

sulfur
08-29-2009, 08:38 PM
One was his brother, the other was another pseudo relative. :)

Blazer
08-29-2009, 08:43 PM
^ Is he a NE lad? Or is he truly Swiss/German just getting an education/scholarship (NCAA) over here last season?

sulfur
08-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Frei's brother (Michael) is going to school in NYC if I recall correctly. So, NE isn't that far away.

keeperno1
08-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Hey 117
I've got the gray keeper jersey. Have had number and crest put on. Think it would be okay to use your BMO logo at JMT?

08-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Hey keeperno1,
It's cool by me. I told them that some of my friends might call and use the template. It's the JMT on Warden. Give them a call, and ask for a template. Tell them you wanna use Martyn's away BMO template. (red and black).
Let me know if you have any issues.
I've gotta go back myself soon and drop off the black and white tiro short sleeve that Frei wore vs. Puerto Rico!!