PDA

View Full Version : An Idea

RedsYNWA
04-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Mods I do not know where to post this, so feel free to move where appropriate.

We All know its recession time. I was thinking about donating extra tix to people that we know can't afford them, not just kids, but people that have fallen on hard times. It would be nice to get away from the drudgery of the daily grind and provide our GTA community with an afternoon of good times.

I would gladly give away, no charity receipts to those who would love it be they 8 or 80. I hope the RPB can pull something together

flatpicker
04-28-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm sure there is some sort of charity out there that would make sure your tickets got to some less fortunate people.

Other than that, I'm not sure what process you would use to determine who has fallen on hard times.

Suds
04-28-2009, 08:49 PM
I'm sure there is some sort of charity out there that would make sure your tickets got to some less fortunate people.

Other than that, I'm not sure what process you would use to determine who has fallen on hard times.

If something like this were to be done that would be the way to go. Big Brothers/Sisters, United Way, and many many local groups.

egoodwin
04-28-2009, 09:04 PM
On Account Manager, there is an option to forward your tickets to charity... afterall you can donate without making a big show out of it

What is the Toronto FC's designated charity?
Kids Up Front is the Toronto FC's designated charity.The Toronto FC Account allows you to e-mail tickets to virtually anyone! To donate a ticket(s) to Kids Up Front, simply forward the ticket. Kids Up Front will receive your ticket electronically via e-mail with our secure ticketFast® technology. Using Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 (free), Kids Up Front can print a forwarded ticket from any standard printer.

How to Forward Your Tickets:Log in to Toronto FC Account and click "Get Started."
Select the tickets that you'd like to donate, and click "Forward."
Under "Choose Forwarding Options," select "Donate Tickets to Charity.

The delivery information for Kids Up Front will automatically be filled in. Once the ticket has been forwarded to Kids Up Front, your original ticket will no longer be valid.
Any standard Authentication and ticketFast® Fee will be paid by the Toronto FC

How do I know the donated tickets have been used?
Select "view history" on the Ticket Management page to see this information after an event has passed.

rocker
04-28-2009, 09:05 PM
you can donate your tickets on Account Manager.

H Bomb
04-28-2009, 09:07 PM
This'd be a tough initiative...by definition I've fallen on hard times...but I also know I dont deserve free tickets!!! But this is a good idea....perhaps something similar to Doc's Kids or whatever it's called from the Bluejays. The take kids from sick kids and take them to games

MUFC_Niagara
04-28-2009, 09:54 PM
i've taken tickets to my local big brothers before.....they have a pool of tickets that big brothers can use to take their little brothers to games.....they have always been used.

RedsYNWA
04-28-2009, 09:56 PM
My whole point was do give them to people we know, the supporters, not the big charity groups that have tons of cash with CEO's making more than 500K, just a low level grass roots type of thing for people we know are supporters, want to be but can't afford it etc.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-28-2009, 10:00 PM
My whole point was do give them to people we know, the supporters, not the big charity groups that have tons of cash with CEO's making more than 500K, just a low level grass roots type of thing for people we know are supporters, want to be but can't afford it etc.

alright, alright.....lets cut to the chase here.....How much do you want for the pair of tickets!??

What section are the seats in???

:)

egoodwin
04-28-2009, 10:01 PM
in that case why not just give away your tickets to, or sell for a drastically reduced price to people looking for tickets, you deem worthy in the ticket trader here?

it's really simpler than you're making it out to be...

rocker
04-28-2009, 10:02 PM
i give my tickets to a charity ---- ME!

VoxPopuliCosmicum
04-28-2009, 11:35 PM

I'm with you, but until things get really bad here in Toronto I think pride is going to stand in the way of people admitting that they've fallen on hard times, so it will be difficult to get a fix on who to give tix to. Then, when things have gotten bad enough that there's no stigma in admitting that you've fallen on hard times, the MLS will have folded.

But I'm open to suggestions, 'cuz I sometimes have extra tickets and I think you're right about the cheering up.