PDA

View Full Version : Interim Head Coach Announcement Wednesday @ 1:00pm

jayeden
04-28-2009, 03:25 PM
If it is anyone besides Chris Cummins, I will be sort of disappointed. 2 wins in a row with him on the sidelines, why change something that works?

Gixmo
04-28-2009, 03:31 PM
It 'sounds' like someone new, but I think that could be a guise for bringing Cummins in FT. He certainly has earned it so far.

AdamZ
04-28-2009, 03:35 PM
I would be fine with Cummins. He knows what he's doing and appears to have helped the team build character. At least give him a shot and let him coach the team for a month or so.

InTheCrowd
04-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Everyone says not to get pissed after only a loss of two, however then you shouldn't get all happy after 1 or 2 wins either. I'm not even so sure Cummins did the coaching against Chivas.

mclaren
04-28-2009, 03:55 PM
It's obviously going to be Cummins for the time being until we find someone.

Super
04-28-2009, 03:58 PM
I doubt they would've been able to find a replacement this fast. Sounds like they're making it official that Cummins is new head coach.

Batman
04-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Decision must be closely held. Surprised we haven't heard a few leaks as is normal.

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-28-2009, 06:39 PM
any tv coverage (gol) of this event?

felipe
04-28-2009, 06:58 PM
You heard it here first. Man comes out to press conference with a paper sack over his head, then rips it off to reveal...John Carver...to great applause!

Ballard always was a genius.

sulfur
04-28-2009, 07:09 PM
Well, MoJo already said that it would be CC or Daso on an interim basis... so... I expect to see... CC or Daso. Likely CC, since Daso came in as the second assistant.

Batman
04-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Definitely cc or daso as interim for sure but just surprised nothing's leaked.

JDG
04-28-2009, 07:26 PM
You heard it here first. Man comes out to press conference with a paper sack over his head, then rips it off to reveal...John Carver...to great applause!

I'd actually be OK with him quitting to get everything off his chest without fear of reprecussions, and then starting fresh this weekend :D

MrHawk
04-28-2009, 07:36 PM
This isn't the WWE people.

It's not like that stupid Higher Power angle, where Undertaker answered to a "higher power" and it was Vince McMahon.

Or when he lost to Austin in a retirement match and Austin was the only one who can re-instate him.

AL-MO
04-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Well, MoJo already said that it would be CC or Daso on an interim basis... so... I expect to see... CC or Daso. Likely CC, since Daso came in as the second assistant.

I'd prefer CC.

AL-MO
04-28-2009, 07:40 PM
This isn't the WWE people.

It's not like that stupid Higher Power angle, where Undertaker answered to a "higher power" and it was Vince McMahon.

Or when he lost to Austin in a retirement match and Austin was the only one who can re-instate him.

LOL :smilielol5:

gtaguy
04-28-2009, 07:47 PM
cummins to me is the natural choice.. I don't believe the front office is about to spend a ton of money on another coach especially on such short notice..
And as a bold prediction watch how Danny D slowly begins his transition to coaching . Going into 2010 he will eventually be torontos assistant coach.. you heard it hear first..

Jeffro
04-28-2009, 07:49 PM
I will tell you there have been some massive names mentioned and some interviews have taken place. I expect Cummins to be announced tomorrow, but there could be a big announcement in the next couple weeks.

H Bomb
04-28-2009, 07:52 PM
please tell me it's sven!!!! We'd be world famous on Special 1 TV!!!!!

sulfur
04-28-2009, 07:59 PM
That's the only reason I'd want Sven here to be honest. :)

TFCREDNWHITE
04-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Its like Sven doesn't even coach anymore, he just sits back, stares blankly and yawns every once in a while....

He's boring....and he couldn't do shit with Mexico....

mastermixer
04-28-2009, 11:06 PM
It seems a little odd that a press conference will be held for something that already exists. Why not just send out a press release saying "Chris Cummins will remain as the interim"
Could it be something bigger?

TFCREDNWHITE
04-28-2009, 11:11 PM
I will tell you there have been some massive names mentioned and some interviews have taken place. I expect Cummins to be announced tomorrow, but there could be a big announcement in the next couple weeks.

could you please elaborate?? maybe a hint...Was i warm or cold with Sven Goran Erikson

InTheCrowd
04-29-2009, 06:27 AM
Why does everyone think we're getting Sven? And out of all of the great available coaches why Sven?

ensco
04-29-2009, 07:28 AM

That has the ring of plausibility.

Mark in Ottawa
04-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Everyone assumes that Chris Cummins (Note to GOLTV that is Cummins... not CumminGs) wants the job.

If he does and accepts then does TFC need another coach to assume whatever duties CC had before?

Hey... CC... I have always liked CC (Canadian Club that is) with a little ginger ale :drinking:

arbogast
04-29-2009, 08:12 AM
could you please elaborate?? maybe a hint...Was i warm or cold with Sven Goran Erikson

I heard Mancini was seen on College dining at Cafe Diplomatico and Klinsmann was spotted at the Bier Markt too :rolleyes:

C'mon MLSE won't spend a dime while the stadium is full and the cash tills overflowing.

drewski
04-29-2009, 08:13 AM
any tv coverage (gol) of this event?

it'll be on TFC TV at least

Ossington Mental Youth
04-29-2009, 08:15 AM

thanks for the info.
curious to see whether the second announcement hinges on how well Cummins does....
I think Cummins deserves a go, hes been coaching for a long enough time and i suspect might be a breath of fresh air for the team and league

Pachuco
04-29-2009, 08:22 AM

Hey Jeffro,

you have proved before that you have inside info. But what I don't get with this is why would they announce Chris Cummins as the interim coach today, and then in a couple of weeks make a huge announcement. The announcement we are getting today is who will be the interim coach for the remainder of the year no?

Unless they are only saying today that Chris is interim until a new coach is hired. That doesn't show much confidence in Cummins though.

crozack
04-29-2009, 08:40 AM
Cummins will be the next coach 100%.
If not, and the rumours of him leaving without the title would create a huge problem for Mo and MLSE. I cant see Mo letting this happen because his job will be on the line after this season as well.

I find it interesting though(maybe someone can explain) Nick Dasovic was brought in around this time last year as head of the academy only to then become assistant coach?.....Was he that good in his first half season that they promoted him? ....Was it JC who promoted him from within or Mo???..

Makes you wonder if Mo was thinking of a change very early on.

Does this make any sense at all or am i in left field?

Pachuco
04-29-2009, 08:56 AM
If not, and the rumours of him leaving without the title would create a huge problem for Mo and MLSE. I cant see Mo letting this happen because his job will be on the line after this season as well.

I find it interesting though(maybe someone can explain) Nick Dasovic was brought in around this time last year as head of the academy only to then become assistant coach?.....Was he that good in his first half season that they promoted him? ....Was it JC who promoted him from within or Mo???..

Nick Dasovic signed on with TFC as Head Coach of the Academy AND second assistant to the senior team. So he was never promoted, they just relieved his duties of head coach for academy team. I assume so that he could concentrate more on the senior team.

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-29-2009, 10:44 AM

Left field...Dasovic will make a good asst but lets not make him a full manager we need someone from Europe/South America for the managers
job and maybe its time we look to south america...Guve Cummins till the all star break..by that time MO can look around South America for the right candidate.

Pachuco
04-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Left field...Dasovic will make a good asst but lets not make him a full manager we need someone from Europe/South America for the managers
job and maybe its time we look to south america...Guve Cummins till the all star break..by that time MO can look around South America for the right candidate.

What the hell does it matter where the coach comes from? I would take Sigi over any coach in the world right now and guess what? for all intents and puposes the guy is american. He wasn't born here, but he's american as it gets.

Get me the right coach and I'm happy, if Dasovic is the right coach then great.

dantdot
04-29-2009, 11:55 AM
The feed is up with an annoying hi pitch tone.

denime
04-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Who needs the feed when you have NP:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=12804

JDG
04-29-2009, 12:00 PM
The pitch seems to be gone. There is no audio at all at the moment.

Nuvinho
I see 4 name cards on the table - Winsper, Mo, CC, Daso, and Tosh

KidToronto
Everyone says not to get pissed after only a loss of two, however then you shouldn't get all happy after 1 or 2 wins either.

Too be honest I don't even know where to start with this post :noidea: LOL

I think what people mean is stay positive through the bad ..........
With that said when its good and where winning.... Don't change anything & GET EXCITED !!!!!

KidToronto

Lucky Strike
04-29-2009, 12:04 PM
It's Cummins per official TFC site.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/

flatpicker
04-29-2009, 12:05 PM
press conference is now on live...

Brooker
04-29-2009, 12:06 PM
story time! gather around!

JDG
04-29-2009, 12:07 PM
LOL!

H Bomb
04-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Story time indeed. Good for him man...This is just a media opportunity. But that's a good thing.

Pachuco
04-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Don't know what it is, but I find Cummins engaging. I'm hoping he gets a fair shot at being the coach and hoping people don't write him off right away just because he doesn't have head coach experience.

flatpicker
04-29-2009, 12:10 PM
well, if he is as good a coach as he is a public speaker, then we will be alright!
:)

H Bomb
and we'll always know he's being honest with us :D

Nuvinho
Don't know what it is, but I find Cummins engaging. I'm hoping he gets a fair shot at being the coach and hoping people don't write him off right away just because he doesn't have head coach experience.

I agree.....he seems a pretty funny guy!!

btw, didn't he bring up Ashley Young from the Watford academy.

Pachuco
04-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Awesome message for Mo to send out to Cummins. Chris is the guy and he's not looking for anyone else.

mclaren
04-29-2009, 12:14 PM

What a SHOCKER!

Pachuco
04-29-2009, 12:14 PM
Hahaha, Winsper's nickname is Windy? too funny

LucaGol
04-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Good for CC. He's made a good first impression on me, is confident and speaks the game well.

I look forward to seeing what heights he can take the team.

rocker
04-29-2009, 12:18 PM
so Jeffro said they are interviewing other coaches right this minute.. and Mo says he's looking at nobody else.

Nuvinho
04-29-2009, 12:18 PM
We needed a presser for that? hahaha!!! But its a good way to get the names in the sports pages.

denime
04-29-2009, 12:19 PM
I agree.....he seems a pretty funny guy!!

btw, didn't he bring up Ashley Young from the Watford academy.

Yes ,he coached him

LucaGol
04-29-2009, 12:19 PM
so Jeffro said they are interviewing other coaches right this minute.. and Mo says he's looking at nobody else.

I doubt Mo would admit it, but the mere fact that Cummins only has the interim tag seems pretty clear that they are going to pursue other candidates.

If Cummins succeeds and the team thrives, he stays. If he cannot deliver the goods, a new man will lead the charge next season. The beat goes on.

TFC_Chris
04-29-2009, 12:20 PM

HE IS??? I'M SHOCKED!!!! :jaw:

Well, I guess I shouldn't have bet the farm on Maradona being the next coach.
DAMN THOSE FAVOURABLE ODDS...

spezz44
04-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Cheers to the new coach good luck.:drinking:

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-29-2009, 12:23 PM

if he loses Saturday...he should be gone!!;) well thats what fans said about JC after the first loss...we have not got worse with Cummins,just dont know if we got better. time will tell

drewski
04-29-2009, 12:24 PM
congrats Chris. Do us proud!

Carts
04-29-2009, 12:26 PM
I doubt Mo would admit it, but the mere fact that Cummins only has the interim tag seems pretty clear that they are going to pursue other candidates.

If Cummins succeeds and the team thrives, he stays. If he cannot deliver the goods, a new man will lead the charge next season. The beat goes on.

I don't think I agree with the first line... Interim doesn't make it clear Mo is pursuing other candidates at this time... He says he's not, I take him for that...

The 2nd line, absolutely. If he succeeds he's here to stay, if he doesnt - then Mo will look elsewhere...

Based on the number of "trial" players we have seen come and go, it seems to be in Mo's nature to give guys a "trial" period...

I really like what I hear from Cummings. He says "I like to play attacking football" - I really like the sound of that! Best defence is a great offence...!!!

Carts...

denime
04-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Well, you know how they say:

Interim coach is hired to be fired by the end of the season,unless .....

Technorgasm
04-29-2009, 12:33 PM
WELCOME TO THE FRONT OF THE PACK CHRIS!

(waiting the 2 weeks before there are 100000 fire Cummins threads)

STICK TO OUR MAN!

KIll the crew!
bash their butts!
at their hearts!

Carts
04-29-2009, 12:36 PM
WELCOME TO THE FRONT OF THE PACK CHRIS!

(waiting the 2 weeks before there are 100000 fire Cummins threads)

Gambiac is probably working on them now...

Carts...

DOMIN8R
04-29-2009, 12:38 PM
May I suggest that all the anti TFC coach posts be added here? That way we can get all the "fire CC" stuff out of the way now and we don't have to wait for our first loss under Chris.

We will loose the occasional game. I hope we don't but we probably will.

So let's get all the hate out now children.

colman1860
04-29-2009, 12:41 PM
http://torontofc.theoffside.com/uncategorized/the-future-has-cumm.html

Cashcleaner
04-29-2009, 12:54 PM
cummins to me is the natural choice.. I don't believe the front office is about to spend a ton of money on another coach especially on such short notice..
And as a bold prediction watch how Danny D slowly begins his transition to coaching . Going into 2010 he will eventually be torontos assistant coach.. you heard it hear first..

Wouldn't be surprised in the least. Maybe he'll spend some years with the academy first, but I'm sure we'll see him back on the touchline someday.

Detroit_TFC
04-29-2009, 01:02 PM
May I suggest that all the anti TFC coach posts be added here? That way we can get all the "fire CC" stuff out of the way now and we don't have to wait for our first loss under Chris.

We will loose the occasional game. I hope we don't but we probably will.

So let's get all the hate out now children.

Cummins has been in charge for almost an hour now.

As far as I can tell things look exactly the same as they did at 1:00 p.m. Where's the leadership? Has he lost the dressing room?

;):D

Oldtimer
04-29-2009, 01:03 PM
The obvious plan:

If Cummins gets us into the playoffs, he stays.
If he fails, Mo will have already scouted other options.
If he fails, Mo will get a free pass, because of JC leaving.
If he succeeds, the "5 year plan" will be on track.

SweetOwnGoal
04-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Some hack's take (http://www.24thminute.com/2009/04/shocking-head-coach-announcement-for.html)

MUFC_Niagara
04-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Good for CC. He's made a good first impression on me, is confident and speaks the game well.

I look forward to seeing what heights he can take the team.

Agreed, thank you for you service John Carver, let the Chris Cummins era begin.

Yohan
04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
but giambac isn't going to like him for being English... ;)