PDA

View Full Version : DeRo making good progress; coach announcement tomorrow at 1 pm

DangerRed
04-28-2009, 12:44 PM
News inbound: DeRo has started light jogging and will have to fight his way back into the lineup once he's fully fit, Cummins says. Also: tomorrow at 1 pm is when a coaching announcement will be made. Live on Toronto FC TV.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20090428&content_id=245588&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

C.Ronaldo
04-28-2009, 01:36 PM
he has to fight his way in?

one of the only guys that can actually hit the net has to fight his way in?

Pachuco
04-28-2009, 01:39 PM
he has to fight his way in?

one of the only guys that can actually hit the net has to fight his way in?

It's a good message to send to everyone. No one gets special treament. Everyone fights his way onto the team. Nothing wrong with that.

Nuvinho
04-28-2009, 01:42 PM
We complain too much about stuff. I think it will take one loss, and we'll be all over the new coach about everything and anything.

We have a winning formula right now - so for the next game go with the same lineup.

reggie
04-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Dero has to fight is way in, wtf is that.
sounds like carver all over again...

JonO
04-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Dero has to fight is way in, wtf is that.
sounds like carver all over again...
It's proper team management. He's not saying that DeRo won't play, he's saying that he can't expect to waltz back in from injury and expect to be inserted into the starting lineup. To me it reads: If DeRo can show he's fit he'll play, otherwise he'll sit...

DangerRed
04-28-2009, 01:53 PM
It's a good message to send to everyone. No one gets special treament. Everyone fights his way onto the team. Nothing wrong with that.

I think you're totally right. They're playing well and De Ro needs to know he'll get no special treatment. ESPECIALLY when he has as many goals as Chad "Can't Hit It" Barrett.

Pachuco
04-28-2009, 02:01 PM
It's proper team management. He's not saying that DeRo won't play, he's saying that he can't expect to waltz back in from injury and expect to be inserted into the starting lineup. To me it reads: If DeRo can show he's fit he'll play, otherwise he'll sit...

Exactly. Cummins is not doubting Dero's abilities, he's just asking Dero to prove that he is 100% fit and that he can be effective before he throws him in the lineup.

Something people are forgetting is that this team is deeper then last year, there's really no need to rush Dero onto the field right now.

BuSaPuNk
04-28-2009, 02:22 PM
We complain too much about stuff. I think it will take one loss, and we'll be all over the new coach about everything and anything.

We have a winning formula right now - so for the next game go with the same lineup.

Completely agree said the same thing to my buddy the other day. We don't want to pull a leafs in the playoffs here. Sundin was out for the entire Islanders series comes back and they blow it. If the team in messing well on the field and the way it looks playing pure simple football why screw with a good thing?

Super
04-28-2009, 02:26 PM
I like the rhetoric coming from Cummins. Whilst we all know that DeRo is too good for the bench, no single player should be above having to prove himself week in and week out. I'm sure he will of course, but it's good to have it on the record that team comes first, individuals second.

Nuvinho
04-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Completely agree said the same thing to my buddy the other day. We don't want to pull a leafs in the playoffs here. Sundin was out for the entire Islanders series comes back and they blow it. If the team in messing well on the field and the way it looks playing pure simple football why screw with a good thing?

ooooooh.....bad memories.......I remember that too!!!

James Oliphant
04-28-2009, 03:21 PM

Sundin was also injured when he came back...they rushed him back and relied too heavily on an injured player.

Not quite the same situation as what we're dealing with here.

Yes, we're playing well...but we could still be playing better. For me, the biggest improvements have been on the defensive side of the ball (Velez especially, but also having both Robbo and Cronin in defending-mid roles). De Ro being an offensive-minded player, what's the harm in inserting him into the lineup for Barrett?

Blizzard
04-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Sundin was also injured when he came back...they rushed him back and relied too heavily on an injured player.

Yes, we're playing well...but we could still be playing better. For me, the biggest improvements have been on the defensive side of the ball (Velez especially, but also having both Robbo and Cronin in defending-mid roles). De Ro being an offensive-minded player, what's the harm in inserting him into the lineup for Barrett?

Hopefully not the same situation. Let's just make sure that DeRo is not being rushed back.

That said, agreed. In for Barrett when the time comes ... and yes, Robbo and Cronin directly in front of the four backs seems to be the answer to our three year long struggle.

flatpicker
04-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Damn right he should fight his way back into the lienup!
In fact, I would suspend him for 3 games for his poor level of fitness that led to the injury!

felipe
04-28-2009, 07:02 PM
The world really is ending. This marks the second time ever that I've agreed with Pachuco. I'm scared for the fate of the world if there's ever a third time.

BuSaPuNk
04-28-2009, 08:59 PM
ooooooh.....bad memories.......I remember that too!!!
Yeah I know wish I didn't have to remember it.

I know it's not the excact same situation but I still think if were playing like a soild unit like we have in the Chivas & KC games there really is no reason to bring DeRo back in 100% or not. Hammy injurys are very touchy and the more rest DeRo gets the better.

scooter
04-29-2009, 08:30 AM
actually lets not rush him back let him get properly rested and fit---its going to be a long season and then playoffs
hamstring injurys need a lot of time to heal properly or it will reoccur and next time it could be 6-8 weeks
dero is a valuable member of this team please please dont rush him back

Jamaicanadian
04-29-2009, 09:55 AM
actually lets not rush him back let him get properly rested and fit---its going to be a long season and then playoffs
hamstring injurys need a lot of time to heal properly or it will reoccur and next time it could be 6-8 weeks
dero is a valuable member of this team please please dont rush him back
No doubt scooter, 5 months remain.....no need to rush him back!!

Competition at EVERY position!...Nothin wrong with that in my books....That's the way you get the most outta players and build a hungry squad!!

Oldtimer
04-29-2009, 10:18 AM
I'd wait and bring him in as a sub for the Vancouver match.