PDA

View Full Version : KKKrew's line up for Saturday

Dozitwin
04-28-2009, 12:24 PM
I thought this was interesting,

Hejduk and Hesmer out due to injury and Pedule suspended for Saturday's match. 3 important pieces to the Crews defence missing....

Discuss if you're so inclined.

Injuries

COLUMBUS CREW
OUT: FW Jason Garey (R ankle sprain); MF Cory Elenio (L hamstring strain); DF Frankie Hejduk (R hamstring tightness); GK William Hesmer (L knee sprain); QUESTIONABLE: DF Andy Iro (L quad strain); PROBABLE: DF Chad Marshall (facial contusion); MF Robbie Rogers (L hamstring tightness)

Discipline

Gino Padula
Columbus Crew
Suspension/Fine: 5/2/09 vs. TOR, $250
Reason: Red Card: Red Card: Serious Foul Play

Pachuco
04-28-2009, 12:43 PM
If we could only break SChellotto's legs before the game starts

Ageroo
04-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Maybe the stiff Toronto wind will knock him down a flight of stairs....:)

Joe Kool
04-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Hopefully Schellotto will just get frustrated and ask to be substituted off early just like last time they were here. That amused me and would love to see it again.

Yohan
04-28-2009, 12:51 PM
I am going to be so irate if TFC loses

No way in hell TFC can't get 3 pts against a depleted Crew lineup.

Well, I suspect Shitlicker will dive his heart out and get 2 penalties or something

Carts
04-28-2009, 12:55 PM
Discipline

Gino Padula
Columbus Crew
Suspension/Fine: 5/2/09 vs. TOR, $250
Reason: Red Card: Red Card: Serious Foul Play

No Dero and now no Padula - who's going to combine to score for us...? :D

I joke I joke...

Carts...

DOMIN8R
04-28-2009, 12:57 PM
^^^ Now that's funny

Blazer
04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
If we could only break SChellotto's legs before the game starts

Was thinking the same myself. :grouphug:

Dunkers
04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Hopefully Schellotto will just get frustrated and ask to be substituted off early just like last time they were here. That amused me and would love to see it again.

There was a spectacular youtube montage done to some les misirables song, but allas youtube and copyright enfringements have ruined my fun :(

backbeat
04-28-2009, 01:53 PM
here's the thing - - i'd really rather beat their full side than an excuse riddled one. it's sort of like saying let's play all the academy teams and show how great we are - i'll take their top line-up anyday.

Oldtimer
04-28-2009, 02:22 PM
here's the thing - - i'd really rather beat their full side than an excuse riddled one. it's sort of like saying let's play all the academy teams and show how great we are - i'll take their top line-up anyday.

I'd rather win.

We had our own excuses last year. Doesn't get you very far.

Pachuco
04-28-2009, 02:31 PM

We don't have Dero, so we have our excuses as well. Let's call it even.

TFC Cityboy
04-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Hesmer is a big loss for them. Let's 'ave 'em!!!

Azerban
04-28-2009, 02:39 PM

it doesn't matter if we win or lose, just that everyone played fair and had fun!

Oldtimer
04-28-2009, 03:00 PM
it doesn't matter if we win or lose, just that everyone played fair and had fun!

http://www.swemsa.com/images/timbits.gif

sully
04-28-2009, 03:14 PM

who cares about feckin' fun.. A Toronto win is all that matters:D that's my fun.:drinking:

kdzb
04-29-2009, 07:54 PM
If Dichio, Vitti and Barett put the same pressure on the defence of the crew like we did against KC, I'm confident we can get a "W"

rocker
04-29-2009, 10:00 PM
I'd rather win.

We had our own excuses last year. Doesn't get you very far.

ya and nobody remembers the details later anyways... just the wins and losses.

you could probably find championship teams that beat injury riddled teams in the finals, but nobody remembers the circumstances.... just that the team won the championship.
i'd love to see as many injuries to key players on Columbass as possible and we get the 3 points and keep in first place for another week :)

ExiledRed
04-29-2009, 10:17 PM

squads are rarely at full strength during any given game in the season.

You want us to prove decisively that we are the better side, and I'm going to tell you that we aren't that good, have coaching issues and a lack of depth.

We can actually match them excuse for excuse, so just enjoy the game and stop worrying about the validity of a win we haven't gotten yet.

twistedchinaman
04-29-2009, 10:43 PM
No Dero and now no Padula - who's going to combine to score for us...? :D

I joke I joke...

Carts...

Lawl! :D

twistedchinaman
04-29-2009, 10:45 PM
We have to hit and hit hard. The more we target and neutralize Shitlotto the more we can control the pace. Have Serioux seriously get under Shitlotto's skin, draw a card (pick your colour) and he'll wussy out.

backbeat
04-29-2009, 10:49 PM
hey - i don't worry about it at all - just said if i had my druthers i'd rather beat a full strength squad - i only said this because at the beginning of this thread there were a number of posts hoping for broken legs or this or that player out - it was no big deal just saying that my preference is that rather than breaking someone's leg et al - i'd rather beat them with our team playing better football.....no more, no less....:noidea:

colman1860
04-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Last time people were going on about whether an upcoming win would be valid with opposing stars injured, we were shown up by a Montero-less Seattle. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

TorCanSoc
04-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Maybe the stiff Toronto wind will knock him down a flight of stairs....:)

correction. "...a flight of stair". It won't take that much to make him fall down.

Keystone FC
04-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Last time people were going on about whether an upcoming win would be valid with opposing stars injured, we were shown up by a Montero-less Seattle. Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

True.
Look at us. DeRo absent and we lost a coach and still win. It all depends on who shows up and who wants it more. That's the bottom line.

twistedchinaman
04-30-2009, 01:09 AM
True.
Look at us. DeRo absent and we lost a coach and still win. It all depends on who shows up and who wants it more. That's the bottom line.

Therefore, we must fire them up to WANT to beat the KKKrew. They've done enough winning over the last two years. Time to dole them a taste of their own medicine! :D

Nuvinho
04-30-2009, 07:19 AM

bingo!!!!!!

Just over a week ago, we were saying we were going to lose to Chivas, we would of beein happy if we kept the game close, etc.

The Crew are a desperate team....just like Dallas was, and what happened?

If we play our game, now that we have 2 CDM's helping to contain GBS, we just need to play on the counter attack. Don't forget Marshall is a beast, but a slow beast.

sully
04-30-2009, 07:38 AM
So is it confirmed that DeRo is out? Initially it was said that he would miss the last two games but may be fit by now.

Nuvinho
04-30-2009, 07:44 AM
^ DeRo may be fit for Saturday as per Cummins.

Toronto Gunner
04-30-2009, 07:44 AM
My sister saw DeRo at the Pizza Pizza signing yesterday and apparently he says he's playing Saturday

sully
04-30-2009, 08:02 AM
My sister saw DeRo at the Pizza Pizza signing yesterday and apparently he says he's playing Saturday

:D i hope it's true..

Lucky Strike
04-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Though Chad Marshall is listed as injured, I would figure he’s likely to play as he was in the line-up last match. Fortunately, Marshall will be too busy trying to negate the big man (successfully or not) to pay enough attention to the other attackers.

rocker
04-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Chad Marshall has been playing, hasn't he? he got injured one time and they thought it was a concussion but then it turns out it wasn't.

Darlofletch
04-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Though Chad Marshall is listed as injured, I would figure he’s likely to play as he was in the line-up last match. Fortunately, Marshall will be too busy trying to negate the big man (successfully or not) to pay enough attention to the other attackers.

Marshall completely owned Barrett in the game at Columbus, Dichio will be much tougher on him. Not trying to criticise Barrett there, he should never be used as a target man for long balls, that's just not his game.

Yohan
04-30-2009, 09:40 AM
Marshall completely owned Barrett in the game at Columbus, Dichio will be much tougher on him. Not trying to criticise Barrett there, he should never be used as a target man for long balls, that's just not his game.
To be fair, Chad Marshall is probably the best defender in MLS right now.

But with the Man occupying Marshall's attention for most of the game, Barrett if he plays should have more joy against whoever random dude Crew has playing

I mean, Barrett pwned Jimmy Conrad last game. That's no small feat

Darlofletch
04-30-2009, 09:45 AM
To be fair, Chad Marshall is probably the best defender in MLS right now.

But with the Man occupying Marshall's attention for most of the game, Barrett if he plays should have more joy against whoever random dude Crew has playing

I mean, Barrett pwned Jimmy Conrad last game. That's no small feat

If Hedgeduck's out, barrett could have a lot of fun on the left wing.

greatwhitenorf
04-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Heard Led Zeppelin's Livin' Lovin' Maid the other day and couldn't help but think of one particular player when I heard the chorus:

Doo Doo Da DoDo Da Doo Doo Schelotto
Diving!
Moaning!
He's just a woman!

Doo Doo Da DoDo Da Doo Doo Schelotto
Bitching!
Groaning!
He's just a woman!