PDA

View Full Version : Section 109 ?

tfc007
04-28-2009, 10:32 AM
Who sits in 109,did you get the pep talk from the stewards saying its seating section only.I am in row 15 about halfway up and a couple rows behind me the whole section stands up the whole game.In front and around me everybody sits.If your in this section what do you prefer?

boomcha
04-28-2009, 10:49 AM
I have my seats in row 29. I had some old bastard tell me to sit down because the children behind me can't see. I pointed to the 6 seats to the left that were empty and told them you can move there. They ended up moving there. I left 109 at just before half time (before the stewards came) because I like to support my team. Not sit and do f*ck all or stuff my face with shite food for the entire game.

Pachuco
04-28-2009, 10:56 AM
My seats are in Row 17 in the middle. I'm probably very close to you. I stopped standing this year our of respect for the rules. But I hate it :)

tfc007
04-28-2009, 11:12 AM
pachuco,I sit in seat 18,19,if your close introduce your self,I would like to meet more supporters in my section.

LucaGol
04-28-2009, 11:15 AM
They really need to make the supporter zones bigger.

Either by giving the supporters control of an expanded south end or a brand new north end.

It's probably becoming annoying for the people who run BMO to deal with these things on a game to game basis anyways.

TFC Fan
04-28-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm in the top row, nobody sits in that area.

I missed last week's game, are they trying to make the entire section sit? or just the lower rows?

Cobblers
04-28-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm in row 32 and we've been standing there for 3 years. In fact, we decided not to move closer in section 109 because we didn't want to deal with the hassle of people telling us to sit down.

There's a fair amount of standing and cheering in th109 so ideally it would be next on the list to be considered a "supporter's section"...

mastermixer
04-28-2009, 11:39 AM
they do the same thing in 108. When you show them your ticket beforet the game they make sure to tell you that you are in a seating section blah blah. I sat up for an extra 10 seconds after an exciting play last week and the old fart behind me poked me and pointed to my seat. Kinda ruined my mood, but what can i do.

TFC~Vatreni
04-28-2009, 11:47 AM
I've been a supporter since day 1 and know the frustrations 109 is going through now because I'm a top-half 110'er. All we did was make sure everyone was supporting for the full 2nd year and just like that, they recognized the top-half of 110 as a Designated Supporter's Section this year. My advice would be to just stick to your guns and rally the troops, if everyone in your section is consistently standing, they will recognize that and hopefully designate it as well.

Pachuco
04-28-2009, 11:52 AM
pachuco,I sit in seat 18,19,if your close introduce your self,I would like to meet more supporters in my section.

Man, you are directly in front of me, 2 rows up. I'm usually the one standing as much as I can. And I'm loud..haha

EDIT: I think I'm usually in seat 17, but I could be wrong. We have 4 seats so I haven't looked at the numbers in a long while.

Afra
04-28-2009, 12:00 PM
I am in row 24 and it seems that we are the first row standing throughout the game and all of the rows behind us are standing. We were asked to sit down by some casuals behind us (it is a different group every game). I was asked to respect the children behind me and that is cool - so I also pointed to some empty seats in front of us and offerred to switch seats (what is 2 or 3 rows). They didn't switch with me and I do not think that they moved - but they didn't ask again. I am hoping that the back half of 109 is the next supporters section - everyone behind us is up for most of the game and singing and chanting and such.

lintberg
04-28-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm at the top (row 32) of 109 on the aisle to 110.
We stand all game, and because we are on the aisle to 110 get pretty loud chanting etc.
It would be great to see the top of 109 become an official supporters section next year! Fingers crossed...I was speaking with my TFC rep a couple of weeks agi and he said they were considering that as an option!

TFC~Vatreni
04-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm at the top (row 32) of 109 on the aisle to 110.
We stand all game, and because we are on the aisle to 110 get pretty loud chanting etc.

I must know you then, I'm right in 110, 31, Seats 1-3 (right in front of Sparta Fab).

lintberg
04-28-2009, 12:17 PM
Yep, we must be right across the aisle from you.
Say Hi on Saturday, row 32 seats 30 & 31.

I must know you then, I'm right in 110, 31, Seats 1-3 (right in front of Sparta Fab).

Pookie
04-28-2009, 12:32 PM
We are normally in 110 but when I bring my son or daughter we pick up tickets through the exchange.

Ended up in 109 last weekend and found it relatively quiet. I can see both sides of the standing issue.

I love it in 110 but with kids, they can't see the match unless they stand on the seat which isn't practical for a full 90 minutes.

The "no standing" in 109 enabled him to see the game, watch the plays develop and see some moves that he might try to emulate in his own game. We had a blast. Which is the point.

The "no standing" policy obviously didn't apply to any of Vitti's near goals, Dichio's game winner or other key moments during the game.

I don't think there will ever be a solution that will appease everyone.

For those that haven't used the exchange yet, it may be a great way for you to get into the section you really want to be in.

Suds
04-28-2009, 12:40 PM
I'm in Row 30 and I prefer standing for the match ... but I have only made it to my seats once this year :D ... you could stand my my seat if I'm not there. Seems the higher up in 109 you go more people prefer to stand.

The fact is Section 109 is not a designated supporters section so if people behind you want to sit you have no choice. I guess it depends on who is in 109 on the given day.

Afra
04-28-2009, 12:52 PM
It can be tough if you have kids there. I will have my boy with me next game and may jump around a bit if people are standing and we cannot see. Or I will put him on my shoulders in the beer garden for a bit. I am hoping that they make the back part of the section a supporters' section - it seems like the next logical choice (mainly because I have tickets there and not at the bottom of 110!).

tupalev
04-28-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm down near the front of 109 (seats in rows 11 and 7 near the aisle with 110) and have been since the start - I'd love to stand every game but I know it is not going to be possible, especially with an ever rotating group of people around me. It was great to see so many in the section standing for the home opener and on the rainy nights last year when we lost the casual folks. But like others have said, I know this is not a supporters section so that's fine - 109 is a great spot to be to watch the game and we all have our reasons for being where we are. If I really wanted to stand I would have relocated to one of the other sections this year (which would have been cheaper too as 109 is friggin' expensive)

You can see the singing and chanting making its way over little by little, and the back half of 109 is really bringing it this year - here's hoping it continues to creep over, we'll do our best to help it along.

sulfur
04-28-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm not in 109, but you'll find some more 109 people in this thread:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=156

boomcha
04-28-2009, 02:31 PM
I understand the people with kids, but what exactly happened with the stewards? Did they come to row 15 only or more rows?
I think we should try to pressure it so that it become a supporters section as well.
I don't like sitting down during the games and I like to chant and cheer the team on. There are a bunch of guys in row 27 that stand all game and chant and most rows above that are standing as well. The exception seemed to be a bunch of seats on row 30 that is a father and his kids and some older polish gentlemen as well. Now I try to not be a dick because I understand old age and all that but if no one bothers to learn chants or get involved in the game then whats the point of coming. Watch it at home.

I know the guy next to me is ok with standing all game too so lets rally the troops and stand and be heard.

Afra
04-28-2009, 02:39 PM
How do we 'pressure' them to make it a supporters section? If we could figure something out I would be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie. May be treat it like a supporters section sending people who want to see while sitting dow the section to exchange with people who want to stand? Fill up the back with a bunch that stand and chant etc. so picking the next supporters section is easy for them to do?

Last weekend game the steward came up pretty high but never really said anything to us in row 24 - they made it to maybe row 17 or 18.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
04-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Im in row 31 and love the fact we can stand and cheer all game. Almost took the bait to get row 8 behind the visiting teams bench but my mate told me we would have to sit and be surrounded by a bunch of silent bobs.

I believe we at least get the top four rows standing for the match. Hopefully next season we get designated as a supporters section.

The only killer part of being at the back of the bus in 109 is having to endure the line up at half time and full time. Its killer if you need to relieve yourself and I have been tempted many times just to relieve myself off the back deck in row 32.

GIZ GUNNER KR
04-28-2009, 07:11 PM
i'm in 109 row 23 near the middle of the row. i'm right in the middle of sitting or standing.if i stand people cry, if i sit i cry.. i hate sitting..the way i see it if i wanted to sit i would stay at home and watch the game. my way of thinking isnt seen by the people around me most of the time. i try to move to the top of 109 if i can find a couple empty spots.

i wish people would stand in 109..i find the game more exciting standing....

Blizzard
04-28-2009, 07:31 PM
Im in row 31 and love the fact we can stand and cheer all game. Almost took the bait to get row 8 behind the visiting teams bench but my mate told me we would have to sit and be surrounded by a bunch of silent bobs.

I believe we at least get the top four rows standing for the match. Hopefully next season we get designated as a supporters section.

The only killer part of being at the back of the bus in 109 is having to endure the line up at half time and full time. Its killer if you need to relieve yourself and I have been tempted many times just to relieve myself off the back deck in row 32.

LOL. Memories of Varsity. I never did it but some of the old H-Block crowd would piss into the eves trough of Varsity Arena as it was right behind the last row of the east stand. Pretty smelly at the outflow I imagine.

TFC Fan
04-28-2009, 08:14 PM
If 109 gets designated as a supporter's section that would be fantastic, they should price it as a light grey as well..

Also the view of the pitch from the upper 109 seats is sweet, you can see the entire play develop and cheer/make noise all game long.

anto7
04-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Quit your whining will you, this is a non-supporters section so play by the rules !
I am just kidding really.
Just that a couple of weeks ago after the Dallas game a similar thread was started about section 104 & 105 and the same sitting/standing debate. An awful lot of people on here offered little sympathy to our section yet I do not see the same type of responses here.
I wish you guys look with your situation, with your close proximity to the other supporters sections you should have a good chance.

TFC&Gunners4Life
04-28-2009, 10:13 PM
My wife and I sit in row 19 seats 7-10 and and have had no issues of standing (knock on wood.). It allows you to engage in the game alot more and stay a little warmer when the weather is a chilly this time of the season. We have held this seats from day one and have seen the atmosphere in 109 getting better every season. I think 109 is ready to request supporters section status.

bob
04-28-2009, 11:29 PM
I think you will have a good chance to make something happen in 109. The problem with 104/105 is that we're scattered and not that many of us are on the boards.

Plus I spoke with my account rep a couple weeks ago, trying to figure out a solution for 105 and he told me that a lot of 109ers (..or possibly 110ers?) migrated over to 105. The migrated people being those who'de prefer to sit and were getting fed up with the standing.

Unfortunate for us in 105 BUT good for you 109ers. I think next season we might need to take our crew and move down there....we'll see as the season unfolds :)

Afra
04-29-2009, 06:01 AM
The best way we could have a shot at becoming a supporters' section in 109 is to bring it every game. We can then request when renewing tickets, and hopefully those that are like minded move in and those that want to sit move out during the seat exchange. If the back part is almost full of people who want to stand, it makes it easy for FO to designate the section.

Pookie
04-29-2009, 07:07 AM
If 109 gets designated as a supporter's section that would be fantastic, they should price it as a light grey as well..

Also the view of the pitch from the upper 109 seats is sweet, you can see the entire play develop and cheer/make noise all game long.

Yep. I'm sure they will go for lower the price on an already sold out section by $20/ticket.

Question, if every section became a standing section are you not in essence banning kids from the games?

While that probably suits a few of you just fine, recognize that for the club to grow it's market share and be a viable franchise, it needs to grow its fan base.

The problem for a number of teams is that they ignored the younger generation. As their fan base aged, they stopped going in the same numbers they used to. They are now scrambling.

Afra
04-29-2009, 07:46 AM
Yep - there is no way that they will lower the ticket price.

With regards to kids, that is why I think the back part of 109 makes more sense than the bottom of 110. At least then, you can have the front part of the section available for the little ones. The problem without designated sections is that this tickets get spread all around. If they were to make a effort to funnel those who want to stand to the tops of 109 and 110, and place those up there that want to sit further down it may work. The mahority do not want to stand so it seems easier to have them agree to move closer to the pitch and those that will be standing anyways to move up further than the pitch.

Suds
04-29-2009, 07:48 AM
The best way we could have a shot at becoming a supporters' section in 109 is to bring it every game. We can then request when renewing tickets, and hopefully those that are like minded move in and those that want to sit move out during the seat exchange. If the back part is almost full of people who want to stand, it makes it easy for FO to designate the section.

I don't think they'll be expanding the designated supporters sections again next year since they just expanded them this year.

I think they'll keep it as is for another year, see how relocation goes, and then assess the situation after next year. That puts us at the end of year 4 going in to year 5. If there are any real plans for expanding BMO they'll be closer to a decision on that and will factor that in when deciding on expansion of supporters sections.

The easy option is to designate the top 1/2 or 1/3 of a section for supporters. You can stand and it does not affect the people in front.

Suds
04-29-2009, 07:49 AM
Yep - there is no way that they will lower the ticket price.

agreed ... not a chance they would lower a ticket price

Afra
04-29-2009, 07:52 AM
The easy option is to designate the top 1/2 or 1/3 of a section for supporters. You can stand and it does not affect the people in front.

That is my thinking. Displace the fewer that want to stand and save the seats closer to the pitch for the majority that want to sit. As long as it is from row 24 up, I'm good.

Suds
04-29-2009, 08:00 AM
That is my thinking. Displace the fewer that want to stand and save the seats closer to the pitch for the majority that want to sit. As long as it is from row 24 up, I'm good.

I'd be good too :D

wilddog
04-29-2009, 08:02 AM
not sure

Afra
04-29-2009, 08:05 AM
There 32 rows, right? So the top 3rd (from 24 back) seems reasonable to me. I want to bring in flags!

boomcha
04-29-2009, 08:06 AM

Sounds perfect to me!

tfc007
04-29-2009, 08:10 AM
One game ago,A guy sitting next to me asked if I was a season ticket holder,I said yes of course.He told me that he worked for Jack Astors and his seats were given to him.He also said that Jack astors owns quite a bit of seats in section 109.Can you smell ACC all over again.Corperate seats,Maple Leaf Sports and GREED!

Afra
04-29-2009, 08:21 AM
It is just a matter of time. . .

The good thing about TFC is that, for the most part, the footy fans bought early and will typically face amputation before they would give up their tickets. Now that an atmosphere has been established and people want in, the Armanis are stuck on the outside looking in. The danger is that if the team becomes very competitive and the atmosphere gets even better and the waiting list gets impatient, the prices will continue to go up until the Armanis and corporations are the only ones who can afford them (ACC) and blue collar guys like me have issues hanging onto 4 tickets.

If we could get the back 1/2 of 109 as supporters, at least then we do not have to sit down or shut up (I have been told both). Then we don't need to worry about it unless there is a BMO expansion.

Suds
04-29-2009, 10:03 AM
One game ago,A guy sitting next to me asked if I was a season ticket holder,I said yes of course.He told me that he worked for Jack Astors and his seats were given to him.He also said that Jack astors owns quite a bit of seats in section 109.Can you smell ACC all over again.Corperate seats,Maple Leaf Sports and GREED!

This will be the test for MLSE moving forward. They are a business and their end goal is profit for the owners of the corporation. To do that they have to provide a good product that people want to buy. Part of that good product is the atmosphere the fans bring to BMO. They're selling the whole experience.

It will be interesting to watch this over the coming years and see how MLSE balance keeping the atmosphere, which is part of the product they sell, and the drive to increase profits which are easier to gain from corporate/group sales.

Pookie
04-29-2009, 12:34 PM
It is just a matter of time. . .

The good thing about TFC is that, for the most part, the footy fans bought early and will typically face amputation before they would give up their tickets. Now that an atmosphere has been established and people want in, the Armanis are stuck on the outside looking in. The danger is that if the team becomes very competitive and the atmosphere gets even better and the waiting list gets impatient, the prices will continue to go up until the Armanis and corporations are the only ones who can afford them (ACC) and blue collar guys like me have issues hanging onto 4 tickets.

If we could get the back 1/2 of 109 as supporters, at least then we do not have to sit down or shut up (I have been told both). Then we don't need to worry about it unless there is a BMO expansion.

I agree with you on the back half as that seemingly offers the solution with the most compromise.

As far as "Armanis on the outside" I think you have to also acknowledge that 1,000 STH's signed up on the day Beckham announced he would play.

As those buyers come to realize that this is not a star driven league I think you'll see some movement in the ticket base.

At the same time, MLS has an inherent advantage if you are afraid of corporations getting deeper involved.

The cost structure and single entity nature helps put a cap on rising costs and ensures that the league is strong through revenue sharing, etc.

The NHL absolutely has to target corporations because their salary system is built on a false economy. They are a gate driven league who gambled on the ability to secure NFL like TV contracts. There are no TV contracts. They need to sell seats to the corporate market and they are alienating their fan base in the process.

The MLS has no such worry at this stage. They are investing in youth initiatives and are growing at a grass roots level. What's more, their cost structure ensures that profits can be made while selling to this market.

That isn't to say that greed won't take hold but for the moment, they appear to be going in a different direction which is good news for the average fan.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Who sits in 109,did you get the pep talk from the stewards saying its seating section only.I am in row 15 about halfway up and a couple rows behind me the whole section stands up the whole game.In front and around me everybody sits.If your in this section what do you prefer?
From my experience, having been in those sections a few times, everyone in the first 15 rows or so sits (likely because the vast majority of those seats are owned by scalpers) and behind that everyone stands. I'd definitely rather stand.

dag
04-29-2009, 06:07 PM
My seat is Section 109 Row 15. I frequently sit during the game, as the immediate rows behind me do. I shouldn't obstruct their view. But when people in front of me stand, so do I. It typically depends on what is occurring in the game.

GIZ GUNNER KR
05-03-2009, 07:51 PM
everyone in 109 was standing yesterday..it was great.im sure for the most part it was due to the rain.. i hope it rains every game if thats what it takes to get people to stand

Afra
05-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Heads up - I was speaking with my ticket rep the other day and he doubted that any new sections will get the supporters' tag. He also said that the complaints are rolling in heavily (esp for 109) so they have to increase their efforts to have everyone follow the rules. If the stewards come up and you to sit, you probably should. I would imagine that they will throw people out to address some of the complaints.

flatpicker
05-22-2009, 01:19 PM
I actually hope they do not expand the supporter sections any more.
I would rather they find a way to get Supporter Group Members into existing supporter sections.
And get those who aren't interested in that kind of thing into more appropriate sections.

- if they want to make all of BMO standing and flag friendly then fine.
- but supporter sections are plenty big...

Afra
05-22-2009, 01:26 PM
It would be ideal but they have to figure out an effective relocation process. It doesn't help that the supporters' sections are basically the cheap seats. People may not want to stand but they will put up with it for $30 less per seat per game (depending on what section you are comparing it to, of course). If you hear of 2 or 4 coming up, let me know!

Boudge
05-22-2009, 01:49 PM
I sit in 109 and I got the talking to aswell, I usually sit in row 23, even though my seat is in 28 because my buddies all sit in row 23.

But it looks like I am going to be moving up to my seat in row 28 from now on because everyone stands in 28 and if we all do it they really can't do anything.

I would Looooooooooooooooove to trade seats with someone in the south end as I see this section dying slowly but surely.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
05-22-2009, 01:51 PM
Thank Feck Im in row 31! We havent had to deal with this bs. I love to stand at a match and being told to sit would sour my passion for TFC

Afra
05-22-2009, 01:53 PM
Boudge - are we your buddies? Nice.

Are you going to behave tomorrow or get all of our asses thrown out? Oh, and it is row 24.

Boudge
05-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Boudge - are we your buddies? Nice.

Are you going to behave tomorrow or get all of our asses thrown out? Oh, and it is row 24.

Haha you guys are my new buddies :P

But ya if they ask me to sit down I will just move up to row 28 where my actual seat is and stand up there and make some new friends up there.

We definately do good things for that section; you four guys in row 23; us three in 24 and everyone behind us.

We really need to address this situation somehow.

Because I love to :drinking: and :drum: and :scarf: ALL GAME!!!

brad
05-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Thank Feck Im in row 31! We havent had to deal with this bs. I love to stand at a match and being told to sit would sour my passion for TFC

They will eventually. I'm at the back of 105 (row 31 as well) where a bunch of us were allowed to stand - up until last game. They are now enforcing it in the entire section. They'll do it to you as well...

Boudge
05-22-2009, 02:03 PM
They will eventually. I'm at the back of 105 (row 31 as well) where a bunch of us were allowed to stand - up until last game. They are now enforcing it in the entire section. They'll do it to you as well...

If like 30 people all near the back refuse to sit down; really what can they possibly do???

We have to stand strong.

ALL FOR ONE

:scarf:

brad
05-22-2009, 02:09 PM
If like 30 people all near the back refuse to sit down; really what can they possibly do???

We have to stand strong.

ALL FOR ONE

Force them all to sit down or eject you. We had similar numbers at the back. The group in the front of our section had even larger numbers. They did it.

They will also grab you and eject you go for a beer, or go to the bathroom.

I feel your pain, and encourage you to stick to your guns, but you have no say in the situation, trust me...

Afra
05-22-2009, 02:24 PM

We have to stand strong.

ALL FOR ONE

Try it and see. I will wave when they kick you out. I have been arguing it with my brother for a half an hour now. He is going to wait for the warning. If you get one, great. But they do not need to warn anyone considering the rules are printed and our responsibility to know them. Just keep your wits about you because the complaints are rolling in.

Yohan
05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
I will reiterate my solution to this standing problem

make top half of every sitting section a standing section. you want to sit, move to bottom half of the section. you want to stand, move to top of the section

Afra
05-22-2009, 02:30 PM
You would get a lot further switching seats with people behind you who want to sit. It could help with the amount of complaints coming in too if we can resolve it ourselves this way.

Yohan
05-22-2009, 02:34 PM
You would get a lot further switching seats with people behind you who want to sit. It could help with the amount of complaints coming in too if we can resolve it ourselves this way.
yes but that requires effort, and people willing to talk to strangers.

and we're not talking one or two people having issues; seems to be be maybe hundreds who aren't getting what they want

c'mon FO. sort out the SSH and move people accordingly!

C.Ronaldo
05-22-2009, 02:43 PM
this conversation again?

lol

You guys must have not been reading about the other sections that this happened to first.

its a shame, it will kill the atmosphere if not dealt with correctly.

C.Ronaldo
05-22-2009, 02:45 PM
Boudge

entire left side of 120 was standing, and 3 row of people were moved in a hostile manner.

MLSE & security could care less, if you break the rules, your getting tossed like a hooligan.

We were threatened with arrest

Redpunkfiddle
05-22-2009, 02:51 PM
My seats are in Row 32 so the standing has been good so far. At the Chicago game a Client Services guy came through, on what I imagine was some kind of spot check for untoward behavior. I didn't speak to him, but he was relaxed and friendly and just seemed to be looking around.

If for some reason an issue around standing comes up for us in the back few rows, I really hope we deal with it properly. Do not flip out on anybody, point out we aren't blocking anybody that wants to sit, offer to switch up if anyone happens to need to sit up there. Yes that means-gasp-talking to strangers- if we can yell arcane football chants in french, we can speak reasonably to another person.

If security is acting further down where most people prefer sitting, then I'm afraid that we are out of luck. Come on up top and I'll always make space (which there often is anyway).

Boudge
05-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Ya I hear ya, I might have to cause a scene though if this happens tomorrow. I weigh like 240lbs, I throw that dead weight down... Good luck dragging me out of there.

;)

orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I might just conform and do what they say.

we'll see what kind of a mood I wake up in. hahaha

Suds
05-22-2009, 04:28 PM
I hope good judgment prevails here with both security/guest services and fans.

So far this year everyone in the last 2 or 3 rows of 109 has stood. Security has come up and asked if everyone was cool with that, and when everyone said they were, people were allowed to stand. (since you're not blocking anyone's view in the last rows)

But I also hope that people in the section don't be dicks or argue with security or guest services if they tell you you have to sit. That is not going to help anyone in our section. Remember, they very well could have received a complaint which you are not aware of.

spark
05-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Just be careful man - as the other have said, they'll get you when you go to the bathroom or for food. Or they'll send the fluorescent cops up to get you as they've done in 105.

If you're gonna get booted then do it for standing and singing and cheering so in the end it makes MLSE/BMO "guest services" look ridiculous. Don't give them anything else like you were a waste case or assaulting security!

STAND UUUUPPPPpp ... eerrrr I mean SIT DOOOOOWN FOR THE TFC!!

Boudge
05-22-2009, 04:50 PM
I would never assault security or anything stupid like that. But I will make them look really bad in a smart way.

Afra
05-24-2009, 07:27 AM
So how did it go for everyone. Boudge - you said at the game someone was thrown out but that was for migration, right? I sat first half (which kinda sucked) and then some of my brother's buddies came over to the empty seats in front of us and they stood - so I had to stand to see the game. The top part of the section from about 27 or 28 up were standing all game - any issues?

Boudge
05-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Ya those dudes apparently were sitting in 105 or something and were told to sit down so they came over to our section and started standing. The security mus have followed them because like 2 mins after they came over security was there telling them to get back to their respected seats.

As for us at the top no one was sitting down and security came over and casually said to sit down from the aisle; everyone just ignored and he just walked off didn't see him for the rest of the game.

All in all I was happy they just left us alone.

Great game as well, first amazing win in the gorgeous sun!

So happy yesterday!!

BRed
05-24-2009, 04:42 PM
PROBLEM: 240lbs of dead weight.
SOLUTIONS: Bring out the taser boyss.....

Boudge
05-24-2009, 04:44 PM
PROBLEM: 240lbs of dead weight.
SOLUTIONS: Bring out the taser boyss.....

hahahaha imagine! If they ever did something so stupid I would never have to work another day in my life.

:D

Afra
05-24-2009, 04:58 PM
I would so stand there and watch them tasser you. Just once. I swear I wouldn't let them tasser you more than once. Unless it was really funny the first time.

Toronto_Bhoy
05-24-2009, 09:52 PM
If people really wish to stand for the entire game they should be allowed to...in a designated supporters section!

TFC have been extremely good in offering those who wish to stand...what about those who wish to sit?

My father's in his late 70's he can't stand for an extended period of time. The attitude by some here and at matches is too bad old man.

I had a good friend take his two boys 9 and 11. He's a hockey guy but his boys are footy mad. I told him the kids will love it! He goes and is sitting at the back of 105 or 106 and four huge guys are standing in front of them. The kids start on the seats but one slips and my buddy asks the guys to sit down. And they tell him to "Fuck Off". He asks again 10 minutes later and they ignore him. My buddy left before the half...and probably won't be back.

Sad.

If you want to stand do it in a designated area and let others who wish to support TFC in there sits do so...its called respect.

Boudge
05-24-2009, 11:30 PM
I've been in 109 for the past 3 years and this year it has become really lame due to people selling there seasons tickets to scalpers. e.t.c

I pay good money to have these seats, I love how you like to generalize because at the top of 109 there this is strictly season ticket holders who go to every game. Don't see how that situation could arise.

All I am saying is that security has been coming and telling people to sit without and complaints. Just because.

If there were ever kids behind me I would accommodate. But to come and start enforcing rules that make no sense for no good reason is ridiculous.

BMO just needs to reorganize the seats.

Afra
05-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Toronto Bhoy - too bad to hear about your buddy and his kids, not cool.

This is something that will probably never go away in that it is impossible to please everyone. However, I am sure it will get better over the next few years.

prizby
05-25-2009, 05:51 AM
They really need to make the supporter zones bigger.

they need to know who "are the supporters" and put them in the same area, seems like they are spread out.

Toronto_Bhoy
05-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Toronto Bhoy - too bad to hear about your buddy and his kids, not cool.

This is something that will probably never go away in that it is impossible to please everyone. However, I am sure it will get better over the next few years.

Unfortunately lack of respect isn't a TFC problem…its a social problem.

I had to speak to a couple of people in my section about some borderline "ethnic chatter" and most realize that if someone calls you on it you've probably crossed the line…it happens…couple of beers…couple of buddies. But if a person asks you point blank…you gotta think to yourself…am I being fair…

KdotOdot
05-25-2009, 04:53 PM
Yep. I'm sure they will go for lower the price on an already sold out section by $20/ticket.

Question, if every section became a standing section are you not in essence banning kids from the games?

While that probably suits a few of you just fine, recognize that for the club to grow it's market share and be a viable franchise, it needs to grow its fan base.

The problem for a number of teams is that they ignored the younger generation. As their fan base aged, they stopped going in the same numbers they used to. They are now scrambling.

Pookie strikes again. Stay in 109 and stay off the boards. Please.

brad
05-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Pookie strikes again. Stay in 109 and stay off the boards. Please.

Interestingly enough, now that it has happened to him as opposed to others, he seems to have changed his tune...

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=13686

3 posts down.

rocker
05-25-2009, 05:50 PM
My father's in his late 70's he can't stand for an extended period of time. The attitude by some here and at matches is too bad old man.

my dad's the same. he just can't stand for 90 minutes, and he has asked people to sit down but the young, strappling lads with the healthy bodies give him a look like he should get lost.

angelo_rotondo
05-25-2009, 05:52 PM
im not in the section but if i was sitting there, i would chose to stand up the entire game!!!!!!!