PDA

View Full Version : Red or black tape over the mls logo ?

nascarguy
04-28-2009, 08:58 AM
so guys this is what we should do put red or black tape over the mls logo and put john carver on it.

cover up any mls logo's

NOTE: you do not have to put Carvers name on it if you do not want to

Carter
04-28-2009, 08:59 AM
i already have his name on the back of my jersey so i win!

jabbronies
04-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Black - represents death

drewski
04-28-2009, 09:07 AM
black, or maybe black and white stripes a la Newcastle?

I don't think red would show very well on a red jersey

ED: "for as long as it take ..." to do what?

TFC Bhoy
04-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Im like the black tape. The black tape and white stripes is kind of cool but would be hard to put John Carver on it and be able to see it without looking like a jumble

Nuvinho
04-28-2009, 09:17 AM
I am going to go buy an armband.

menefreghista
04-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Why would I even bother, I'm happy the way things are now.....

ensco
04-28-2009, 09:20 AM
We don't have grass, we don't have a DP, the team is 2-0 since the coach left....and this is what you want to channel your energy into?

Enjoy yourself.

S_D
04-28-2009, 09:23 AM
You could print off a little picture of JC and stick it over the MLS badge with double sided tape.

TFC Tifoso
04-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Hey, how about honouring the new coach (whoever it may be....Cummins hopefully), who seems to have so far inspired the team to play exciting soccer, rather than continue this post-mortem of a mediocre coach who quit on the team. I think that's a good idea.

Technorgasm
04-28-2009, 09:29 AM
I'll do it for one game.

But Im not about to rally around a guy that Left us.
He Quit . plain and simple, no matter how well he was loved by us,
the players, the ownership and management. He is GONE.

moving on.

I will give this ONE GAME out of Respect for what he tried to do.

But Im not going to circle the wagons for a guy who got on his steed and fled.

drewski
04-28-2009, 09:29 AM
for me its not so much mourning JC as it is using him as a figurehead for my general feeling towards the MLS

Roogsy
04-28-2009, 09:30 AM
We don't have grass, we don't have a DP, the team is 2-0 since the coach left....and this is what you want to channel your energy into?

Enjoy yourself.

Hey, how about honouring the new coach (whoever it may be....Cummins hopefully), who seems to have so far inspired the team to play exciting soccer, rather than continue this post-mortem of a mediocre coach who quit on the team. I think that's a good idea.

Wow...how much effort is it?

Don't wanna do it? Fine...is anyone forcing you to?

But I am tired of all of you who shit on other people's ideas. Nascar and others identify strongly with the reasons why Carver left and they wish to voice their opinion. Who the hell are you to stop them?

I will give your opinions some respect when I have seen some initiative from you guys.

TFC Bhoy
04-28-2009, 09:36 AM
for me its not so much mourning JC as it is using him as a figurehead for my general feeling towards the MLS
I agree for sure. I am still kind of upset that he took off like that, but I do respect his reasoning so I cut him some slack on that as I don't know how I could deal with that situation.

But I think its a good way of letting MLS know that some things they are trying to control is just ridiculous and try to get some notice. More of a stand up against some of the MLS higher ups I think

Roogsy
04-28-2009, 09:37 AM
Kev...you should've put an option for the next game. Some people agree with Carver's frustration and are willing to show their displeasure with MLS, but aren't fond of Carver's departure either.

FluSH
04-28-2009, 09:42 AM
I do not approve of this poll...

Nuvinho
04-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Don't forget, MLS FORCES teams to make trades to accomodate certain players. That should not happen.

TFC Tifoso
04-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I will give your opinions some respect when I have seen some initiative from you guys.

Have a look in the north end next game during Dichio 23:13.....there's a 10 foot reminder of my initiative to the club and to the people who leave their balls out for the team. ;)

I don't need or want credit, but please don't question my commitment to our boys.

Mikey
04-28-2009, 09:45 AM
IF you cover up the MLS patcxh on your jersey, make sure you use aluminum foil so that their GPS tracking satellite cant see you anymore.

Oooooh eeeee ooooh :cool:

menefreghista
04-28-2009, 09:46 AM
I love how this is an excuse for everyone to vent their frustrations at the way MLS is run.

Newsflash: it is very likely that MLS is way less corrupt than the old world league you also follow.

nascarguy
04-28-2009, 09:46 AM
this does not haft to be about john carver.

this is about the mls refs not getting the right training.

I'm right to just rip off the mls logo and burn it

I'm not putting any name on it.

FluSH
04-28-2009, 09:51 AM

Every team, in every league in the world can make the same case above...

This is what's beautiful about soccer... no tape replays... no video decisions...

You just have to live with it... besides there are how many other teams in the MLS on the same boat as us?

Batman
04-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Where is the option NOT to do it?

Carts
04-28-2009, 09:58 AM

Agreed.

I loved JC as head coach - but I simply don't want to ruin my brand new $150 jersey with having black tape gunk residue on the MLS logo when I take it off...

If someone made a banner saying "...HEY MLS, KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT OF OUR COACHES!..." or something (far more creative) I'd be all for it...

Carts...

backbeat
04-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Agreed.

I loved JC as head coach - but I simply don't want to ruin my brand new $150 jersey with having black tape gunk residue on the MLS logo when I take it off...

If someone made a banner saying "...HEY MLS, KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT OF OUR COACHES!..." or something (far more creative) I'd be all for it...

Carts...

wear a black arm band - simple

nascarguy
04-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Agreed.

Carts... you
make the banner then.

BRed
04-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Anyone who says this is a stupid idea or move on, just doesn't GET IT, plain and simple. This is about standing up and letting the league know that it can't be a dictator. You want to support your new coach? that's great but how about when he wants to look at things from the press box to see how things are working? Is he going to get a phone call from MLS head office as well? What if he wants to go take a piss during the match? Should he call MLS FO to ask permission first?.....and so on....

B

Mikey
04-28-2009, 10:40 AM
This is a stupid idea, move on.

Carts
04-28-2009, 10:43 AM
wear a black arm band - simple

The arm band works indeed - but maybe a grey or dark blue (as long as the logo is covered over)

Black arm bands are usually a sign of respect when someone passes away...

Carts...

Carts
04-28-2009, 10:44 AM
you
make the banner then.

Be more than happy to help out (like I have in the past)...

I don't have the facility to do such a project, so it would have to be a group effort etc...

But always willing to paint & have a beer with fellow RPB's...

Carts...

boomcha
04-28-2009, 10:46 AM

+1! FTW

Move on, we are winning. Seems like the team is refreshed.

Boris
04-28-2009, 10:57 AM
this is a lil low...i wouldnt use black foir the obvious reason of what it means....

H Bomb
04-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Carver was right, this is a shit league run by fools. I'm sad he left but I get why did, why on earth should he just exist within a cesspool. It's doesn't happen in "every league in the world" as I'm very happy with my other leagues that I watch, the refereeing is sometimes terrible but that's only one reason of many Carver left. Since day one I've always thought it's a bout this club and fuck MLS even if they are the only league around and a big reason we have a team, cause they are shit and wont change because it's the same in other American leagues. If mexico would let us in their league I'd go in a second, Carver's right, they don't know what they are doing.

grizzle
04-28-2009, 11:02 AM
I kinda see this as a pointless protest. I think a big banner that says something along the lines of FUCK MLS (You made Carver do it - or something else in smaller writing) would be more effective as it would be more visible on TV.

RedsYNWA
04-28-2009, 11:18 AM
+1! FTW

Pointless

Every other Coach lives with these rules, Carver walked He did not lead the team to ANYTHING, Honour What????? someone who does not want to play becouse he did not like the rules???
Thats like wearing an armband for the kid that took the ball home
or the chick who left you holding your dick in your hand:eek:

pekduck
04-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Carver is the sacrifice to make a point to the league. Without people standing up to point out the nonsense there won't be any improvements. Rules need to be abided if it makes sense to majority of poeple, yet MLS made no effort to improve officiating and prevents a coach doing his job. Just because others suck to the crap doesn't mean it is right. Else mankind would still live with monarchy or slavery since those were the rules.(okay, not as bad but just to serve a point).

Of course concensus will not be reached on the board as everyone entitles to have own opinions. At least I'll do what I can to make a point and pay tribute to Carver.

TFC~Vatreni
04-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Wow that poll is ridiculous. How about an option for "Zero games". Is JC's reasons given enough for you to forgive him for leaving the club 6 games in? For me, "personal reasons" or "MLS issues" is not good enough. I'm a TFC fan first, not a JC fan. Yeah he's a passionate coach, etc... but let's not jump on the "I hate MLS" banwagon. Just my opinion. Cheers.

Jeffro
04-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Hmmm red tape or black tape.... hmmmmm

NO TAPE on my jersey

thanks

Fort York Redcoat
04-28-2009, 12:50 PM
I agree with J and Carts.

Black is for death. What if, God forbid, we wanted to honour someone who passed away. It cheapens it.

I suggest 2 strips of tape like an X over it. Don't plan on participating myself but it's an alternative for those that want to.

TFC Via Buffalo
04-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I'd like to change my answer to one game. A banner would defiently be more vocal and then be done. Honestly, after reading, almost ad nauseum, about Carver, it's time to just let this pass. We're playing great, we still have a good staff, and our support doesn't waver. Everything is clicking. Let's just leave this be after Saturday and focus on the rest of the season.

Cheers to Carver and Cheers to the new staff. :drinking:

BoltonTFC
04-28-2009, 01:55 PM
Is MLS a mickey mouse league in many respects? You bet. But they have the right to make whatever decisions they want. Carver disagreed and quit which is his right too. I say get behind the new man instead of wasting energy on a pointless protest towards the league.

nascarguy
04-28-2009, 02:30 PM
I have a banner idea only rpb menbers can see it
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=12629

raj100
04-28-2009, 02:43 PM
why must everything that happens, that we the fans do not like have to be protested on?

Mikey
04-28-2009, 03:26 PM
why must everything that happens, that we the fans do not like have to be protested on?
Enhances self importance, validates meaningless existence, and it's what teh internets is for!!

InTheCrowd
04-28-2009, 03:27 PM
I have a banner idea only rpb menbers can see it
http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=12629

Could you maybe describe it?

troy1982
04-28-2009, 05:04 PM
+1! FTW

+ 2
JC did nothing for the team, was a bad coach with bad tactics, who either blamed the refs or his players for his own failures.
JC has done more to harm soccer in this city than the Ref ever could with his endless long ball tactics and no possession game plan.

Chevy
04-28-2009, 05:14 PM
+3. Great Guy. Average Coach.

Section 110
04-28-2009, 05:18 PM
What a luxurious life we live if the biggest political statement we make concerns the way a sports league carries on its business. This sort of energy should be directed at other, dare I say more important things (I'm sure I don't need to list the great # of sobering and terrible atrocities going on around the world).

I love my team and I agree that the MLS is as dictatorial as sports leagues come but come on guys! Get a grip! And besides, don't you think Carver is being a bit of a suck; he quit the day before a game, and if this is all it takes to get him to throw in the towel then boy oh boy, he's soft.

Black, red, it doesn't matter. Arm bands as though someone has died? Please. I know I'm only a registered user but I've been a season ticket holder since day one and I love this thing like everyone else, but it's sport and it's embarrassing to think that fans will go to the trouble of covering the MLS patch in protest, while they largely ignore other more vital and humanitarian interests. I won't say another thing on this subject, I promise.

AL-MO
04-28-2009, 05:40 PM
I hear what you are saying 110, but we aren't a politically motivated group. Other than a few charitable interests, we focus on supporting the team.

And I likely won't be participating in this. But you guys do what you like.

bhoybobby
04-28-2009, 05:59 PM
I dunno guys, something doesn't add up.

Either JC's telling the truth, which would mean he's not mentally strong enough

MLS has a policy of no coaching from above, news to me

This has just been spun to benefit MO, JC & mlse.

I dunno, all I know is he's gone, let's move on

nascarguy
04-28-2009, 07:55 PM
What a luxurious life we live if the biggest political statement we make concerns the way a sports league carries on its business. This sort of energy should be directed at other, dare I say more important things (I'm sure I don't need to list the great # of sobering and terrible atrocities going on around the world).

I love my team and I agree that the MLS is as dictatorial as sports leagues come but come on guys! Get a grip! And besides, don't you think Carver is being a bit of a suck; he quit the day before a game, and if this is all it takes to get him to throw in the towel then boy oh boy, he's soft.

Black, red, it doesn't matter. Arm bands as though someone has died? Please. I know I'm only a registered user but I've been a season ticket holder since day one and I love this thing like everyone else, but it's sport and it's embarrassing to think that fans will go to the trouble of covering the MLS patch in protest, while they largely ignore other more vital and humanitarian interests. I won't say another thing on this subject, I promise.
we need to do a banner for nothing but nets

Carter
04-28-2009, 08:09 PM
+ 2
JC did nothing for the team, was a bad coach with bad tactics, who either blamed the refs or his players for his own failures.
JC has done more to harm soccer in this city than the Ref ever could with his endless long ball tactics and no possession game plan.

A few words in JC's defence....

1) everybody who ever played for him, with the exception on Jeff Cunningham, had a world of respect for John and played as hard as they could. JC got the most out of his players and inspired them.

2) having seen the majority of training sessions conducted by the team since the first season, I can tell you that John improved the team's work habits significantly compared to the first year when Mo was in charge

3) He was in the private box for the Chivas game, but he wasn't watching as a spectator. He was in constant communication with Chris and was coaching the team.

4) the 4-4-3 was John's baby. Chris and the rest of the staff may have voiced an opinion (thus making it as "group effort"), but trust me, it was John's baby. They've used that formation in training a lot before so it wasn't as bold a departure as some think.

5) John had spoken about his frustrations with MLS with myself and several other reporters who cover the team closely, so this was brewing for quite some time. Had he not decided to quit, he'd be coaching the team until the end of the year - he wasn't going anywhere, and certainly wasn't going to get fired (barring a catastrophic losing streak).

6) He will be missed by reporters such as myself. He was fairly honest, charming at times, and good-natured. I didn't always agree with John, but he was good for Toronto FC, totally changed the culture of the team and was a positive influence on the club.

John Molinaro

Yup and thats what she

Limani_Ole
04-28-2009, 09:19 PM
Wow this thread is delusional.. Last time i checked it was carver that quit on us..

BeachFC
04-28-2009, 11:37 PM
To me, Carver coached the Chivas game from the stands as a protest to the leagues meddling and fines. MLS didn't like his actions and ordered him back onto the field. MLS meddling once again. JC feels he's right to be critical of the league and it's officiating, this league however is all about image, and it can't have one of it's coaches being critical of the product. Carver always showed he had a passion for this team, these players and this game. Chances are that he was also passionate enough about his criticism of the league that he was willing to walk away, once pushed too many times.

Many people like to tout the current winning streak, and exalt at how much better the team is without Carver. "OMG the new coach plays 4-3-3 and has 2 wins!" Well the first of those wins was JC's, he was still coaching up until that point, he put the work into preparing the lads, he chose the formation. And we should credit the 2nd win to him too, because there is not much that Chris Cummins could have done to revolutionize this teams training in his first day at the helm. We have a good team, the last two games I've watched the refs have been trying to give the other team the points, but are squad has been up to the challenge. Refs can be unprofessional, he was getting tuned out, and maybe our team was even getting punished by the refs, maybe his walk helps us. So as far as I'm concerened JC did good on us and left us with a first place club (in the East).

I have no problem standing up for Carver against the meddling of MLS. I will cover my MLS patch.

Now that I've said that I will direct my energy at other more important causes.

Cashcleaner
04-29-2009, 01:06 AM
Wow this thread is delusional.. Last time i checked it was carver that quit on us..

So I guess you're saying that you haven't checked anything in a while. :rolleyes:

Seriously people, let's put things into perspective here.

We have lost a coach because of interference from the league. You can argue all you want about how good or bad of a coach Carver was, but you're an idiot if you somehow think its acceptable for the league to tell him how to run his team.

If you think there's nothing wrong with that, then I would suggest you simply don't understand the game.

Dirk Diggler
04-29-2009, 01:53 AM
If we lost our coach because of the league than we should be thanking them. Given the choice between a winning record and John Carver .... my pick would be a winning record 100 times out of a 100.

Once again, no player or coach is greater than the team.

s2cazz
04-29-2009, 02:07 AM
I'm in ... Don't care what anyone says... those wins were done by Carver's team... changing the man in the technical area does not wield results overnight and if you think it does your delusional... only time will tell if the new guy is any good (wether its cummins, schMo, or the special one)...

black tape over the mls patch... consider it done

off topic: fell free to do something with my Carver banner that is in storage for this cause.

Cashcleaner
04-29-2009, 03:43 AM
If we lost our coach because of the league than we should be thanking them. Given the choice between a winning record and John Carver .... my pick would be a winning record 100 times out of a 100.

Once again, no player or coach is greater than the team.

Well then, if that's the attitude, let's not play any soccer at all!

Why cause undo wear and tear on the playing surface if we can have the league arbitrarily decide what teams win and what teams lose? I mean, if they're telling our coach how he should manage the squad on gameday why stop with where he can sit or stand and how he can interact with the officials? Let's just skip the middle man and run a computer program. Maybe we can pick up some points by expanding our server capabilities?

After all, we just want to win, right?

nascarguy
04-29-2009, 06:31 AM
it's going to be a cold day this saturday so the mls logo is going to be cover up anyway

drewski
04-29-2009, 06:45 AM
why is it people assume you can only do one thing at a time? be it protesting the league on this issue, taking a political stand on other issues or supporting our new coach and the team as it stands now?

I can only speak for myself, though I would hope its common, but I for one do support other causes while supporting TFC and whoever the coach/team is at the time.

Mikey
04-29-2009, 08:14 AM
Can't wait until Garber see those MLS patches taped over and has to go running back to Carver begging him to come back....oh yeah.:rolleyes:

Limani_Ole
04-29-2009, 02:48 PM
So I guess you're saying that you haven't checked anything in a while. :rolleyes:

Seriously people, let's put things into perspective here.

We have lost a coach because of interference from the league. You can argue all you want about how good or bad of a coach Carver was, but you're an idiot if you somehow think its acceptable for the league to tell him how to run his team.

If you think there's nothing wrong with that, then I would suggest you simply don't understand the game.

We have lost a coach because he wants to coach Newcastle in a few months..

you obviously dont understand how MLS operates.. they have always kept a tight leash on all teams even pre-Toronto (which you wouldn't know for obvious reasons).. MoJo knew and Carver has been told plenty of times how this league runs..

1st.. the league HAS to fine coaches on officiating comments to the media.. happens in every league in the world.. so really a non-issue

2nd.. the league ordered him back on the sideline..
you really think he was in the box to watch the game from a different angle? im pretty sure he has never done that before.. it was an obvious jab at MLS at the team's expense..

MLS isn't telling him how to run drills or what formations to play.. they are telling him sit in the sidelines with the team, which I dont think is unreasonable.. They like everyone else with half a brain recongnizes he was taking a jab at the league when he sat in the stands.. and knowing the league's track record he can not act suprised at the response...
and then quit over it..

he is a QUITTER.. an you are the idiot for supporting a coach who leaves your team because he cant swallow his pride, doesnt finish what he started, and puts himself first over the team..

if anything the MLS should be commended for telling the whinner to be a man and sit next to his team.. win or loose

Fort York Redcoat
04-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Every league in the world does not respond the same way to comments on officials. The vocabulary used can be very precise not to insult but imply.

He said he was upstairs to get away from the officials as well.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-29-2009, 04:04 PM
where's the choice....for not interested in this at all?

TFC RealDeal RPB
04-29-2009, 08:43 PM
^^^^ I know ! Not interested at all.

TOBOR !
04-29-2009, 08:47 PM

This is pretty much what it comes down to.

The UK article linked to elsewhere mentions that the league had CCTV trained on him for a complete game.

While Carver is involved in this it has become somewhat less about him and more about Big Brother : Major League Surveillance

You'd better behave !

http://www.holidayforeveryday.com/wp-content/vendetta_07.jpg

troy1982
04-29-2009, 09:03 PM

Then you should protest the CSA and USSF as they are the ones who train the refs in MLS not the league.

Cashcleaner
04-30-2009, 12:55 AM
We have lost a coach because he wants to coach Newcastle in a few months..

So it's been confirmed? Funny, I haven't read anything about it. Just speculation and such.

you obviously dont understand how MLS operates.. they have always kept a tight leash on all teams even pre-Toronto (which you wouldn't know for obvious reasons).. MoJo knew and Carver has been told plenty of times how this league runs..

You're not denying the interference, so I'm guessing you mean to say that yes, MLS does interfere with clubs and coaches, but thats okay in our case because Carver knew about it beforehand?

1st.. the league HAS to fine coaches on officiating comments to the media.. happens in every league in the world.. so really a non-issue

Yes, it does happen all the time, I agree. Can't think off the top of my head of a coach elsewhere getting a fine for clapping, though.

2nd.. the league ordered him back on the sideline..
you really think he was in the box to watch the game from a different angle? im pretty sure he has never done that before.. it was an obvious jab at MLS at the team's expense..

Again, the league ordered him back on the sideline? Ummmmm, I wasn't aware they were calling the shots. Again, if the coach doesn't have the freedom of coaching as he sees fit, why bother hiring management and technical staff at all?

MLS isn't telling him how to run drills or what formations to play.. they are telling him sit in the sidelines with the team, which I dont think is unreasonable.. They like everyone else with half a brain recongnizes he was taking a jab at the league when he sat in the stands.. and knowing the league's track record he can not act suprised at the response...
and then quit over it..

Then you and I disagree on what is reasonable. I have never in my life heard of a soccer league demanding a coach sit on the sidelines instead of a box or wherever the heck he wants.

he is a QUITTER.. an you are the idiot for supporting a coach who leaves your team because he cant swallow his pride, doesnt finish what he started, and puts himself first over the team..

if anything the MLS should be commended for telling the whinner to be a man and sit next to his team.. win or loose

By all means, argue that he's too full of himself or a whiner any of that. That's a valid point of view. But don't tell me that a coach is being unreasonable for wanting to coach his team the way he sees fit.

Damien
04-30-2009, 07:06 AM
Why not use duct tape?

http://media.canada.com/canwest/143/rgreen.jpg

Mikey
04-30-2009, 07:52 AM
While Carver said in an interview this week the "last straw" was being ordered by MLS to return to the sidelines after spending a game coaching from a private box atop BMO Field and "out of the firing line" of on-field officials, TFC general manager Mo Johnston yesterday said it was Toronto management who made the request.

"John wanted to sit upstairs, we wanted him to sit downstairs," Johnston said after announcing the appointment of Cummins and the elevation of Canadian Nick Dasovic to be TFC's first assistant coach.

"John had numerous things going on that had to be taken care of," Johnston said. "That wasn't the breaking point."

So does this mean you guys will be sticking tape across the TFC patch instead now.....:rolleyes:

Fort York Redcoat
04-30-2009, 08:00 AM
He said he had no problem with TFC or MLSE. Who's fibbing?

CoachGT
04-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Cash's points are valid. Regardless of how you feel about his coaching, if nothing else, Carver wears his heart on his sleeve. If he says that he hasn't got a job to go to, based upon his comments that he has made publicly, I for one believe him.

Coaches in most professional leagues take time to step back and view their team from afar, but are usually right in the mix as well. A baseball manager gets thown out of the game? He stands in the tunnel to the locker room and passes instructions through a messenger. NHL teams always have coaching eyes in the pressbox passing along information, or have you not noticed the headsets on one of the bench coaches. When was the last time you saw Sir Alex at ManU stand on the sideline for an entire game - he's nearby, but not always on the field.

We've talked at length on these boards about the deficiencies of MLS officiating. We've also bitched and moaned about MLS (just see the thread about which is worse, Garber or Bettman). Carver has stepped up and done something about what he believes.

Step back, take a breath. There is not always a conspiracy at play - some things should be viewed at face value.

CoachGT
04-30-2009, 10:09 AM

If you do take his words at face value, then he has put the team ahead of himself. He believes, rightly or wrongly, that perhaps the league and officials were more focused on him than on the game. This has been known to happen in other sports, too, but not very often with coaches. Players have calls made because of reputations, both ways. C. Ronaldo gets many calls with his perceived dives, but has many taken away as well.

The same thing can happen with coaches - I've seen them receive warnings before a game begins, warnings about playing style or their comments. Referees speak amongst themselves, usually on forums very much like this one. Reputations spead like wildfire, often on perception as much as on fact.

Are Carver's claims possible? I believe so. You may not and you are welcome to do so. But If his claims are true, then he is truly putting the team ahead of himself.