For TFC, he is now a domestic player :)

Yohan
04-27-2009, 04:43 PM
congrats Danny!!!

hah. was wondering about that

rocker
04-27-2009, 04:45 PM
i think he should stick around on the roster next year.. forget this retirement stuff.
even if it's just as a super sub.

Nuvinho
04-27-2009, 04:52 PM
I am starting to think the same thing.

I am sure he is taking it one year at a time.

bhoybobby
04-27-2009, 10:31 PM
I am starting to think the same thing.

I am sure he is taking it one year at a time.

Why not, he's playing well, is a treat to watch & scares the shit outta the opposition:canada:

Roogsy
04-27-2009, 10:34 PM
ONE MORE YEAR!

Come on Danny...do it.

bhoybobby
04-27-2009, 10:47 PM
I bet he'd be a good sweeper as well

Markham_RPB
04-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Great videos on his site !

" What he was thinking when he was celebrating "
" Does he have a seat cushion "
AND

" Does he sing along with the fans"

Super Cereal
04-27-2009, 10:53 PM
ONE MORE YEAR!

That's be a great thing to chant at the games.

Inklink
04-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Now .. can he play for our national team?:canada::canada:

Yohan
04-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Now .. can he play for our national team?:canada::canada:
I believe Dichio declared for England and unless he reverts back to amateur status, he cannot play for Canada

Jeffro
04-28-2009, 12:28 AM
I bet he'd be a good sweeper as well

Haha and people worry about our defence now giving up penalties and getting sent off :D

maninb
04-28-2009, 06:53 AM
Does he live in Thornhill?

Red CB Toronto
04-28-2009, 07:51 AM
I believe his would be in the position of being counted as domestic player as he now has status in Canada that is unrelated to the fact he is playing for TFC. Danny has never capped for England at the senior level, so playing for the Red and White might be something that could happen.

sulfur
04-28-2009, 08:37 AM
I believe Dichio declared for England and unless he reverts back to amateur status, he cannot play for Canada
Doesn't matter who you declare for.

I declared (just now) for the Belgian squad. But since there's not a rat's chance in Hell that they'll actually select me (which is what counts), I'm still eligible to play for Canada or England too. :)

Yohan
04-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Doesn't matter who you declare for.

I declared (just now) for the Belgian squad. But since there's not a rat's chance in Hell that they'll actually select me (which is what counts), I'm still eligible to play for Canada or England too. :)
i thought you had to pick which country you want to play for when you turn 21 with governing body?

MUFC_Niagara
04-28-2009, 09:05 AM
congrats Danny!!!

He's not a citizen though....how does he count as domestic?

jabbronies
04-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Danny Dichio breathes Fire

sulfur
04-28-2009, 09:12 AM
i thought you had to pick which country you want to play for when you turn 21 with governing body?
You do... but you can change that all you want until you're actually selected.

He's not a citizen though....how does he count as domestic?
A domestic player is one who does not need a work visa to work in that country. For example, a Honduran holding a Green Card is considered a domestic player for US purposes (ie... Amado Guevara). A permanent resident is considered a domestic player for Canadian purposes.

ensco
04-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Anyone remember the reaction on these boards when Dichio was signed?

We'd played three of the worst games in soccer history, zero goals for, 9 goals against. Mo signs Dichio, and this board goes nuts. 75% of the comments were along the lines of "Dichio's a useless, never-was has-been who can't get on the field at Preston".

He comes out on the field against KC and there was something about him, we just knew it. He picked up two hard fouls in the first 5 minutes of that first game at BMO. You just knew - that is what a football player looks like.

And it still feels that way.

C.Ronaldo
04-28-2009, 09:38 AM
i love dichio

but i think he should call it quits at the end of the year.

open up our cap space, and have him begin his coaching career.

Last thing you cant to see is him seriously hurt b/c he decided to play one more year. He has a family and future to think of

MUFC_Niagara
04-28-2009, 09:19 PM
You do... but you can change that all you want until you're actually selected.

A domestic player is one who does not need a work visa to work in that country. For example, a Honduran holding a Green Card is considered a domestic player for US purposes (ie... Amado Guevara). A permanent resident is considered a domestic player for Canadian purposes.

Ok, that makes more sense now...

rocker
04-28-2009, 09:21 PM
open up our cap space,

he doesn't take up that much cap space. and if the cap goes up after the CBA negotiations, he's taking up even less space. 100K or so for him (around 4% of the cap) isn't a problem.