PDA

View Full Version : Solid Footy- finally

trane
04-27-2009, 04:30 PM
The game was not perfect, but for the first time in the long time, I am acctualy excited, to see the product on the pitch on Saturday. I always look forward to games, clearly. But to be honest to often what was happening on the pitch was painfull. I know I am not alone. Now I am exctually excited to see some footy. It is a work in progress agreed, but the promise of what could be is realy interesting. Is this the dawn of the new era? I hope it is. We will see. A third solid game will go a long way to convince me.

Ladies Love Julius James
04-27-2009, 04:35 PM
Agreed. I've been suprised these last 2 games. Usually I bash the team any oppurtunity I get because of their ownership but these last 2 games I got nothing negative to say.

ExiledRed
04-27-2009, 04:35 PM
To be fair,

At this point last season we made the same claims, about us playing exciting football and looking more professional.

We were 3-2-2 then as well, we even got to 4-2-2.

Not pessimism, but apprehension.

trane
04-27-2009, 04:36 PM
^ I know were you are comming from , I cannot blame you for the apprehension. There is certainly reason for it, in our history. We do need to see it for a little longer.

rocker
04-27-2009, 04:39 PM
hey, we had a good stretch in season 1 too... before it all fell apart due to injuries.

the key thing is not how this team does in any one stretch, but how it does over the long hall. As long as we don't fail to score for hundreds of minutes, or lose a whole bunch of key players to international duty or injury, we should be able to gain points consistently and look pretty good doing it.

Don Julio
04-27-2009, 04:52 PM
The key is to see how other teams react to our new formation. It was only 3 days old when it was last tested. Without Wynne or Brennan we'd be in big trouble.

flatpicker
04-27-2009, 04:53 PM
... Now I am exctually excited to see some footy. ...

when I first read that I thought you said you're "sexually excited to see some footy"

but no... thank goodness...

trane
04-27-2009, 04:57 PM
^ I shuold count my daily typo count, it would exceed my posts that is for sure.