PDA

View Full Version : Game 8 - TFC vs Columbus Crew : Sat May 2 4pm - BMO Field

Technorgasm
04-27-2009, 01:45 PM
http://www.burlingtonsoccer.com/pub/images/TFC%20Logo.JPG Vs http://www.footballcrests.com/ColumbusCCrest1.gif

TORONTO FC- 3-2-2
Last Week: Beat Chivas USA, 1-0, on Wednesday; Beat Kansas City, 1-0, on Sunday.
This Week: vs. Columbus Crew on Saturday (4pm, Direct Kick)
Outlook:John Carver's resignation came as a surprise, but Toronto FC's play under interim head coach Chris Cummins has been stellar. The once-fault back-line is suddenly limiting chances while the midfield is starting to play up to its potential. Throw in Danny Dichio's sudden boost in form and Toronto finds itself in first place with a home date vs. Columbus to come.

Columbus Crew - 0-2-4
Last Week: Tied Chicago Fire, 2-2, on Saturday.
This Week: at Toronto FC on Saturday (4pm, Direct Kick).
Outlook: The Crew just can't catch a break. A suspect red card issued to Gino Padula opened the door for the Chicago Fire to battle back from two goals down. As tough as that result was to take, it can't be ignored that Columbus is playing much better than it was earlier in the season. Beating a suddenly-hot Toronto FC squad at BMO Field will be a tall order.

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/Crewwin2008e76.gif

Should we be worried about Crews' s Offensive threats so much that we abandon the now hot formation with 3 target men upfront?

With Dichio Red Hot, is anyone worried about burning ot our main-man and not having him down the stretch ? (god forbin another 5 week injury for Danny)

Harmse and Rickets as subs this past week. . .will w see more of them or will Cummins play it safe with the great wing combos like KC?

Can our back provide the same stellar shut-down we saw vs Kc against the like of Moreno, Schelotto, Hedjuk and Rogers?

Trillium Cup up for Grabs, will this be the game to put us out of reach?

Finally have Visiting SUpporters at BMO - What do YOU have planned? (see I can rap about support. . .sometimes)

KNOW YOUR ENEMY: Crew GK: William HESMER (its all your fault!)

Ageroo
04-27-2009, 01:47 PM
I know my enemy! Hesmer will get abuse from me........but we will see if he starts. Looks like he has an injury...did not start their last match.

sully
04-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Although a win against Montreal at BMO is number 1 for me, if we pull out a win against Columbus, i.e. the first ever, it'll be the best result of the year for me, unless we make the play-offs and then every game is the most important ever likely..

Pachuco
04-27-2009, 02:49 PM
I REALLY REALLY want this to be our first game where we win by more then 1 goal this year.

Technorgasm
04-27-2009, 02:55 PM
oh, say it aint so?! HESMER? you twat, I have bene waiting for you.
good or the team if he doesnt start but. . . .not as much fun for me personally.

=============FREI============

WYNNE == VELEZ == SERIOUX == BRENNAN

=== CRONIN = ROBINSON = GUEVARA ===

BARRETT ======= DICHIO ======= VITTI

+ ADD DERO:

=========== ROBINSON ==========

==== CRONIN == DERO == GUEVARA ====

========BARRETT = VITTI ==========

Sub in Danny, Rickets,

I know DD is totally on fire, and nothing would please us more than to get 3 over eastern competiton, ESPECIALLY Trillium CUp fuck tards CREW.

I am just worried that we will get too much from him too soon
when we will REALLY need him down the stretch.

Yohan
04-27-2009, 03:11 PM
good or the team if he doesnt start but. . . .not as much fun for me personally.

hahaha. you really hate this dude? lol

Anyways, my little scouting report from the other pregame thread
The Crew dont have much of a striker force other than Shitlicker and Moron. Shut them both down and Crew has to relie on their reserve strikers. (Although Noonan may make an appearance and he deserves to be watched)

Boogers is a danger on the flank, but he is coming off of injury so who knows how effective he'll be (although apparently he played for the Crew reserves this weekend) The Crew still relies on Ekpoo who is a natural winger trying to play attacking midfielder slot and still havent found his game there yet.

No Paduhla due to suspension and Heyduck possibly due to injury means their defence is exposed. This Zaynerd dude has been not so good and Hesmerde may be out also.

The stars may be aligned perfectly for first Reds victory against Crew scum. Seriously. We need this one.

My formation for this weekend

-------------Frei
-Wynne---Serioux--Velez--Brennan
-------Cronin---Robinson
----------Guevara
----Vitti-----------Barrett
-----------Dichio

Dunno if DeRo will be match fit, and I don't see why risking DeRo when the last game's formation worked well. If it's not broken, don't try to fix it.
I suspect DeRo could use an extra week to heal up and be fully fit

Technorgasm
04-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Padula got the RED CARD!~!!! - forgot! oh that is sweeeT!
shame really, as he has already chalked up a goal for us!
no Hedjuk either is also quite a blessing!~

====== My Word about Supporters =========

Away fans make the game SO much better!
. . . .and they should be welcome in our city.
No hard feelings outside of the 90 mins. . .
thats MY view, and I hope it is the official view of the RPB as a whole.

Its tough, there has been some major flame wars,
so much bullshit its piled up in rail cars outside BMO
but, for me personally, welcome is the way it SHOULD be.

Let the people who can not be charged as an adult worry about being bad-asses,
but dont let anyone drag the name of our squad and our group through the mud.

Diplomacy is the high road, where we belong.
We will win on the pitch
We will win in the stands
we will win off the field

WELCOME CREW!
(cant wait to destroy you! and make you cry for your momma as we take OUR trophy!)
signed your friendly neighborhood
Technorgasm

kitchener-TFC
04-27-2009, 03:38 PM
Supporters Bus Trip to Toronto May 2nd Crew Supporters Union, Hudson Street Hooligans and La Turbina Amarilla have teamed up to put together a bus trip to Toronto for the May 2nd match.

Price: The cost of the trip is $100.00 for members and $140.00 for non-members. So if you're interested in making the trip but have not become a member of one of the supporters groups it makes sense to join!

Included: A ticket to the match. Transportation to and from Toronto on a luxury tour bus with TV's and a lavatory. A box lunch from Cafe del Mundo along with beer and liquor on the ride up to Toronto. Lodging at the Global Village Backpackers Hostel on Saturday night.

Hostel: We have booked rooms at the Global Village Backpackers Hostel (http://www.crewunion.com/index2.php?option=com_yanc&act=stats&task=click&cid=65b9eea6e1cc6bb9f0cd2a47751a186f-47d1e990583c9c67424d369f3414728e&Itemid=&no_html=1) in downtown Toronto. There are currently 8 private double rooms set aside for couples with the remaining beds in quad rooms. We will have a portion of the hostel set aside for our group that includes a private lounge with sofas and a flat screen TV just for Crew Supporters.

Availabilty: There are only 54 seats on the bus with each supporters group allocating 18 spots. Please contact your SG representative to reserve your spot ASAP.

:eek:They're coming on a bus that has TV's and Lavatory:eek:. They mean business!:rolleyes:

ilikemusic
04-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Columbus Crew - 0-2-4

:hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump:

Keystone FC
04-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Even though the Crew are winless they are still dangerous regardless who is coaching them. Against Chicago they had a 2 goal lead going into the 86'. Not to mention they scored all of our goals in CBus this past time.
I just want us to give the Crew what we gave Dallas. Any team can be dangerous on any given day. With that said our new formation is creating goal opprotunities that I have never seen before. This along with our obvious home advantage makes me believe that this will be our 1st victory over the Crew. I say TFC 3 Cbus 1 with an own goal coming off Cbus (They're pretty good at it.)

Keystone FC
04-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Supporters Bus Trip to Toronto May 2nd Crew Supporters Union, Hudson Street Hooligans and La Turbina Amarilla have teamed up to put together a bus trip to Toronto for the May 2nd match.

Price: The cost of the trip is $100.00 for members and $140.00 for non-members. So if you're interested in making the trip but have not become a member of one of the supporters groups it makes sense to join!

Included: A ticket to the match. Transportation to and from Toronto on a luxury tour bus with TV's and a lavatory. A box lunch from Cafe del Mundo along with beer and liquor on the ride up to Toronto. Lodging at the Global Village Backpackers Hostel on Saturday night.

Hostel: We have booked rooms at the Global Village Backpackers Hostel (http://www.crewunion.com/index2.php?option=com_yanc&act=stats&task=click&cid=65b9eea6e1cc6bb9f0cd2a47751a186f-47d1e990583c9c67424d369f3414728e&Itemid=&no_html=1) in downtown Toronto. There are currently 8 private double rooms set aside for couples with the remaining beds in quad rooms. We will have a portion of the hostel set aside for our group that includes a private lounge with sofas and a flat screen TV just for Crew Supporters.

Availabilty: There are only 54 seats on the bus with each supporters group allocating 18 spots. Please contact your SG representative to reserve your spot ASAP.

:eek:They're coming on a bus that has TV's and Lavatory:eek:. They mean business!:rolleyes:

Forget the Lav, there's nothing that says 'HARDCORE' than a box lunch from Cafe del Mundo.:D

jloome
04-27-2009, 03:56 PM

+ ADD DERO:

Sub in Danny, Rickets,

I know DD is totally on fire, and nothing would please us more than to get 3 over eastern competiton, ESPECIALLY Trillium CUp fuck tards CREW.

NOOOOOOOO!

Don't screw with the Cronin-Robbo midfield Dm pairing. Our current shape is a big part of why we're winning. If we have to bring on Dero, take off either barrett or vitti and play him wide/inside (those aren't true wide roles and he'd easily adapt). Chad's a strong lad, he can play wide or as the central guy when Dichio isn't around. So sit him in favour of DeRo.

Technorgasm
04-27-2009, 04:31 PM
^agreed.
Commenting purley on our form and lack there of for crew
This is shaping up to be a stellar chance for us to shut the doubters up

IT'S COMIN HOME!!!!!!

trane
04-27-2009, 04:34 PM
4-2 , at the back is a must. Debate evreything else, but we need the 4-2. I still would not take Dichio off, but I have a bias toward him.

We ride the present formation, and adjust as needed, the players are comfertable with it, plug in players, make adjoustments, but I am with Jloome.

mastermixer
04-27-2009, 04:49 PM

+ ADD DERO:

Sub in Danny, Rickets,

I was thinking the exact same +DeRo formation, except maybe put DeRo up front for the 4-3-3
Sub in Dichio for Barrett early in second half.

Nuvinho
04-27-2009, 04:55 PM
here is my reverse logic:

Don't break what is fixed.

trane
04-27-2009, 04:58 PM
^ Exactly.

crozack
04-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Maybe replace Vitti upfront for DeRo when he comes back?....Although i really think DeRo will be out for a while. Hamstring injuries are always tricky.

I agree with not tinkering with a winning formation but lets face facts.....we have too many games over the next mth and they need to cycle in fresh legs as much as possible.

Yohan
04-27-2009, 05:55 PM
Maybe replace Vitti upfront for DeRo when he comes back?....Although i really think DeRo will be out for a while. Hamstring injuries are always tricky.

I agree with not tinkering with a winning formation but lets face facts.....we have too many games over the next mth and they need to cycle in fresh legs as much as possible.
I think in Voyageur Cup you'll see more rotation.

Though not Jimmy B. He's made out of steel ;)

Kevvv
04-27-2009, 06:17 PM
KNOW YOUR ENEMY: Crew GK: William HESMER (its all your fault!)

Klezmer sucks

Hesmer sucks

GlenM
04-27-2009, 06:18 PM
The Crew can EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT IT!

SCREW THE SCREW!

GlenM

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-27-2009, 06:22 PM

after the way Vitti's been playing...no way...lets keep him in, he will
back some goals and Columbus is a good start!!

Turbo
04-27-2009, 09:29 PM
C---R----E...W, ....what an excuse for a $%$% Crew.

Can't wait till Saturday!

bhoybobby
04-27-2009, 09:53 PM
-----------Frei
Wynne---Serioux--Velez--Brennan

-----Cronin---Robinson
----------Guevara
----Vitti-----------Ibbe
-----------Dichio

An easy 3 points with this line-up

Heathen
04-27-2009, 10:16 PM

We will win on the pitch

WELCOME CREW!
(cant wait to destroy you! and make you cry for your momma as we take OUR trophy!)
Technorgasm

Yeah I met some nice Crew folks in Columbus but any of those HSH bastards, I've got no time for them whatsoever.

Brooker
04-28-2009, 03:52 AM
i saw 2 weeks ago that they were offering free liquor and free food on the bus trip down

they can't be all that bad...

but it's kinda sad that they have to advertise that to get 100 or so people to come.

btw. did anybody see Chicago's away support at Columbus? well, it wasn't much but atleast they tried.

Technorgasm
04-28-2009, 08:20 AM
ITS COMIN HOME:

http://blackandgoldstandard.com/Images/2008/09/trillium-cup-branded.jpg

TFC Bhoy
04-28-2009, 08:27 AM
Ya I would keep the same line up that has gotten us 2 straight clean sheets except for switching Barrett out for DeRo. I love Chad's work ethic and busts his balls but I think this formation with DeRo out there instead would be MUCH stronger!!

Really looking forward to kicking the Crew's ass!! Gonna be a great game!

Yohan
04-28-2009, 09:30 AM
i saw 2 weeks ago that they were offering free liquor and free food on the bus trip down

they can't be all that bad...

but it's kinda sad that they have to advertise that to get 100 or so people to come.

btw. did anybody see Chicago's away support at Columbus? well, it wasn't much but atleast they tried.
I believe Crew FO is subsidizing some for this trip as well

Keystone FC
04-28-2009, 10:45 AM
C---R----E...W, ....what an excuse for a $%$% Crew.

Can't wait till Saturday!

F L U clapclap K E clapclap that's what your trophies mean to me!:D

trane
04-28-2009, 10:48 AM
-----------Frei
Wynne---Serioux--Velez--Brennan

-----Cronin---Robinson
----------Guevara
----Vitti-----------Ibbe
-----------Dichio

An easy 3 points with this line-up

You realy prefer Ibbe to Barrett and De Ro?

Rochdale
04-28-2009, 12:11 PM
This was on The Fan 590 website. l didn't know that Toronto FC was playing Columbus Blue Jackets this Saturday.

Saturday, May 2nd

http://www.fan590.com/images/static/onair_tfc.jpg 4:00pm - 6:30pm
Columbus Blue Jackets @ Toronto FC (http://www.fan590.com/onair/more.jsp?content=20090317_100612_8260)

Dan Dunleavy

Technorgasm
04-28-2009, 01:34 PM
yR-D9oSMLBw

What you lookin at NERRRrd?

I thought it was my mothers old douchebag. . . but thats in OHIO

TFC Bhoy
04-28-2009, 01:40 PM
This was on The Fan 590 website. l didn't know that Toronto FC was playing Columbus Blue Jackets this Saturday.

Saturday, May 2nd

http://www.fan590.com/images/static/onair_tfc.jpg 4:00pm - 6:30pm
Columbus Blue Jackets @ Toronto FC (http://www.fan590.com/onair/more.jsp?content=20090317_100612_8260)

Dan Dunleavy

I think Rick nash and co. would do better on their skates then the Crew will!! haha. I would even be more nervous if Mason was in net for them too haha

kitchener-TFC
04-28-2009, 03:24 PM
Assuming that the Crew's "Crew" will be sitting in the Away supporters section, we need to make sure that we take care of them, volume wise. The NEE is right across from them....(thinking nice thoughts)

sully
04-28-2009, 06:49 PM
make whatever you want/will of this:

Average bookmaker odds at the time of this post are:

Toronto win: odds 1.74, making the probability of a victory 49.9%
Draw: odds 3.26, making the probability of a draw 26.63%
Columbus win: odds 3.7, making the probability of a victory 23.47%
http://www.wosb.com/betting-tips/toronto-fc-vs-columbus-preview-predictions-betting-tips-2-may-2009

AdamZ
04-29-2009, 02:03 AM
this is still on CBC at 4 ET right?

bob
04-29-2009, 07:49 AM
What you lookin at NERRRrd?

I thought it was my mothers old douchebag. . . but thats in OHIO

sweet clip :) miss that movie.

Can't wait to have visitors come by. I stand by what Technorgasm said earlier, I always make it a point to at least grab a few visitors at the end of the game and thank them for coming down to Toronto (win or lose).

It'll be good times for sure this Saturday.

CoachGT
04-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Can't wait to have visitors come by. I stand by what Technorgasm said earlier, I always make it a point to at least grab a few visitors at the end of the game and thank them for coming down to Toronto (win or lose).

Agreed - I will be doing the same. Regardless of the outcome. It is how I hope to be treated when I'm out on road trips.

Afra
04-29-2009, 08:42 AM
One of the trips they made (I cannot remember when - I have slept tooo many times since) they parked right in the tailgate section and it was all good. There was some yapping and chanting back and forth but nothing harsh or seriously confrontational. I do not see why this should be any different. As long as no one gets drawn into any fights like once previous, we should be fine.

Walnut
04-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Columbus Crew crew-crew
Bottom of the league,
Oh so sad!

Columbus Crew crew-crew
Cannot win,
That's too bad!

They were good, now they're shit -- and Schelotto likes to cheat!
Come and see them get beat by the mighty T-F-C!!!!!

* To the tune of Agadoo (Blace Lace)

Technorgasm
04-29-2009, 11:41 AM
ok, enough with the nice nice for now.

WHERE IS THE TFC VENOM!!?

Can not wait to beat what is left of their squad into a bloody pulp.

My Guess at their probably formation. . (andnhow we have every answer we need)

-----------Gruenenbaum------------
Zayner--Marshall--Brunner--O'Rourke
-------Oughton-----Carroll----------
Gaven-------Schelotto-------Rogers
--------------Moreno---------------

Schelotto and Moreno will look to make cute passes up the middle. and pound our middle.
Brennan and Wynne as wide backs will have rogers and Gaven to deal with.
with overllapping coverage coming from Velez and Serioux - ATTACK SQUASHED!

Their only hope is for a disposession deep in their end while we are forward. . . a charge up the wing past brennan might see them through (not Wynne) serioux and velez if beaten will leave them free to shoot. . enter - FREI - ATTACK SQUASHED.

I wouldnt expect Zayner and O'R to come foreard too much.
If we keep our 4-3-3, they will be too busy cleaning up, or hopefully doubnle teaming one of them. ATTACK WIN

long balls over the top will not work.
Marshall and Brunner will be able to head it clear past the center line. . . which wil fall to Guevara.
our creativity and options going fwd at this point could see Vitti, Barret or DAnny clear at the top ofthe box - ATTACK WIN.

other theories?
lets hear it!

CoachGT
04-29-2009, 12:15 PM
TFC Venom? Hell, I've assumed that 3 points would be coming from this match!

Same formation as over the weekend. Bring DeRo off the bench. While I appreciate that he is "healthy", I'd rather not take the chance and put him in for the strain of a full game. Keep the momentum, any extra time he's off will make him more fit and better able to withstand times when he is needed more.

Keep the ball in the ground, much the way it was on Sunday. Nice, easy passes, play possession, and hopefully not have balls hit Vitti in the back or on the heels. Vitti is playing his heart out for a goal and deserves one, the first of many this year.

Strong defence with very little clout the ball out, again, more of the short, crisp passes. make Columbus run from man to man chasing.

One thing I'd ask be done differently - when defending, close up a bit more. We seem to be giving a bit too much space at times, giving opponents room to move. Either that or we are too close. Two to three years, always ready, stay in front and limit their options. Less guessing and leaving ourselves exposed.

Final result - 2-0 win, Vitti and Barrett, both set up by Dichio.

Technorgasm
04-29-2009, 02:04 PM
I hope Rogers does not start. . . he is a monster.

SMELL THIS ONE NERD!!!!

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/CREWnerds1db8.gif

Shep
04-29-2009, 02:16 PM
I hope Rogers does not start. . . he is a monster.

SMELL THIS ONE NERD!!!!

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/CREWnerds1db8.gif

This needs to be blown up into a 5' x 5' placard

edit: except that makes us the alpha betas :( I want to hook up with an omega mu!

Technorgasm
04-29-2009, 02:17 PM
http://content.imagesocket.com/images/Schelottodiving541.gif

Yohan
04-29-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm already infuriated by this douchebag and the game hasnt even started yet!

Technorgasm
04-29-2009, 02:49 PM
http://content.imagesocket.com/images/mr_tba1.gif

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-29-2009, 04:25 PM
A win puts us in good shape....for our first CUP! ;)

WITH A win on saturday!! DOES this make for a large turnout back in COLUMBUS for the clincher??:)

Even though the CUP means squat! It would still be nice to hoist it in that f'in Stadium! ;)

LUFC
04-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Will it be hard to get ticks for this game?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
04-29-2009, 04:44 PM

check the ticket thread..always tickets showing up right until game day!

Keystone FC
04-29-2009, 06:37 PM

I hope you're talking about the game at BMO.
:D

mclaren
04-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Columbus would feel at home in this league: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D97SBRAO0&show_article=1

Sorry, couldn't resist.

mclaren
04-29-2009, 08:03 PM

Speaking of Schelotto and diving, I found this complaint thread quite ironic:
http://crewonespot.blogspot.com/2009/04/42809-pathetic-divers-deserve-all-abuse.html

J .
04-30-2009, 12:57 AM
What time is kickoff

Keystone FC
04-30-2009, 12:59 AM
What time is kickoff

4pm!

Technorgasm
04-30-2009, 08:39 AM
I was down
drinkin at the legion,
I met a girl
she was nice
she was pretty and pleasin'

I was going to fly the fuck home

. . . . Until I remembered we play the CREW on SAT!

Yohan
04-30-2009, 08:42 AM
I was down
drinkin at the legion,
I met a girl
she was nice
she was pretty and pleasin'

I was going to fly the fuck home

. . . . Until I remembered we play the CREW on SAT!
this is false.

I've never met a pretty girl at a legion. unless you're into fifty something yr olds ;)

Technorgasm
04-30-2009, 09:06 AM
But I did!

I was down
drinkin at the legion
She walked in
I was drunk on Gin
Dancin with my lady friend.

she said hey Boy
You better fly the fuck home
I said no
cuz of 5 little words I could have sworn I said to you.

I LIKE LIQUOR AND WHORES!

DPPKwAN2VQg

2 more sleeps!

BuSaPuNk
04-30-2009, 01:59 PM
^ That was a classic video!! Can't wait for Saturday!!

MartinUtd
04-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Video? lol

Anyway.. I see us going with this:

---------------Frei
Wynne---Velez---Serioux---Brennan
--------Robinson-----Cronin
-------------Guevara
-------Vitti----DeRo----Barrett

Result: 2-0

Wildgreek
04-30-2009, 03:07 PM
A box lunch from Cafe del Mundo along with beer and liquor on the ride up to Toronto.

I hope they get pulled over and/or searched by a Police officer/customs agent. Once the officer sees open alcohol in a vehicle he give them plenty of tickets.

God bless Canada and our strict Liquor Laws.

:canada::canada::canada::canada:

BuSaPuNk
04-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Video? lol

Anyway.. I see us going with this:

---------------Frei
Wynne---Velez---Serioux---Brennan
--------Robinson-----Cronin
-------------Guevara
-------Vitti----DeRo----Barrett

Result: 2-0

Yeah there was a video with that chick in it...hilarious as hell....can't seem to find the link for it though.

Stryker
04-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Surely we need to turn the table on their "you suck asshole" goalie chant.

MartinUtd
04-30-2009, 05:07 PM
110 has been saying Twat! You're shit! AHHHH on goal kicks for a good while now.

deltox
04-30-2009, 05:37 PM
yeah....and it sounds fantastic. if the south end did it as well, it would be intense.

because it doesnt require the clock as a queue to start and everyone can see the goalie, everyone would be in sync.

lets try it at the next game for the south end......

BuSaPuNk
04-30-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah there was a video with that chick in it...hilarious as hell....can't seem to find the link for it though.

Found them:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1905836
&
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...39690660220257 (http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-4981339690660220257)

Stryker
05-01-2009, 10:12 AM
All your whores are belong to us Columbus

Platts
05-01-2009, 10:25 AM
Glad your making the trip Keystone

See you at the tailgate

MG42
05-01-2009, 10:32 AM
now. . . .bring on the LIQUOR!!

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/Crew_TFCff9.jpg

:lol:

herpes transmission in 3..2..1..

Technorgasm
05-01-2009, 11:09 AM
http://content.imagesocket.com/images/crewfanlovestfc903.jpg

EAT IT

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/Eatit_6_unit127.gif

no seriously. . Im makin this.

swan
05-01-2009, 04:48 PM
where is all the trash talk from crew fans that we always get before our teams play.... did they stop because they suck

FluSH
05-01-2009, 05:14 PM
wtf? is this for real? and whose the TFC supporter? i'm not sure whose wasted more. him or her? talk about fraternizing w/the enemy.
lumpy

I'm pretty sure this is the chick that flashed everyone... YUP just saw the post above... she's the one.

stretchthetruth
05-01-2009, 05:16 PM
^^ i always miss the good stuff!!!!! geeeeeeez...

TFCREDNWHITE
05-01-2009, 05:25 PM

We will win on the pitch

WELCOME CREW!
Technorgasm

Agreed. +1

I fully agree, i can't wait!

:scarf::scarf:

:scarf:

Gixmo
05-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Oh, The teacher.... I wondered whatever happened to her... lol!

AL-MO
05-01-2009, 10:26 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3472/3387277873_d50c2862d1.jpg?v=0

AL-MO
05-01-2009, 10:26 PM
dont mind me.... :D

Yohan
05-01-2009, 10:32 PM
I want this win so bad!

C'mon you reds!

Barth Bagge
05-02-2009, 12:08 AM
I won't be satisfied with nothing short of complete dominance by TFC. 4-nil, 5-nil would do nicely. Pile on the misery that has been the KKKrew season thus far.

grimm
05-02-2009, 12:18 AM
I smell hardware!!!!!!!!!! and also nice teacher titties :D

twistedchinaman
05-02-2009, 01:12 AM
I want this win so bad!

C'mon you reds!

Twisted's Birthday Wishlist Item #5: Beating the shit out of Columbus.

I really want this one, bitches -- especially after losing my first game at BMO!!!!! :D

ilikemusic
05-02-2009, 02:34 AM
So when we win tomorrow, will the team be presented with the Trillium Cup?

grimm
05-02-2009, 03:28 AM
No, there is still a game left in Columbus I believe...

twistedchinaman
05-02-2009, 03:48 AM
So when we win tomorrow, will the team be presented with the Trillium Cup?

There's a return match July 25th, but winning tomorrow will go a long way.

TFCmatty
05-02-2009, 06:34 AM
wow!
just woke up, could barely sleep...i'm buzzin just thinking about the match today! let's bring it today boys, TORONTO TILL I DIE!

TFCREDNWHITE
05-02-2009, 07:24 AM
wow!
just woke up, could barely sleep...i'm buzzin just thinking about the match today! let's bring it today boys, TORONTO TILL I DIE!

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Yohan
05-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Hmmm... DeRo most likely not starting.

Oh well. DeRo can be Mr Money in the Bank. 2nd half gamebreaker :D

LucaGol
05-02-2009, 07:43 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3472/3387277873_d50c2862d1.jpg?v=0

That.

Is.

Amazing.

Chevy
05-02-2009, 07:45 AM
^ Out with one JC, in with another. The circle of life.

AL-MO
05-02-2009, 09:07 AM
FYI - that banner won't be there today. That was for the away game on the 28th. Columbus security took it off us before the end of the game.

Just wanted to express my thoughts on our opponent today :D

Keystone FC
05-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Glad your making the trip Keystone

See you at the tailgate

Not going to be there, sorry. I will be in Pittsburgh during the match (or on my way to Pittsburgh). I will be in T.O. on wednesday for the CCC match against the Vandy Camps. I WILL be with you in spirit for todays match. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want a win against the Crew and get that monkey off our backs.
:scarf::flare::scarf::flare::scarf:

colman1860
05-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Game Preview on my blog:

http://torontofc.theoffside.com/uncategorized/can-the-reds-keep-on-crewsing.html

Comments/criticism/flame wars always welcome :)

Inklink
05-02-2009, 02:49 PM
"...To be honest with ya'..."

:)

zeelaw
05-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Should we open up a live chat for this?

Krasno.pL.
05-02-2009, 03:02 PM
anyone else see the emptiness?

tml
05-02-2009, 03:05 PM
yeah where are all the Fans??????? :( :(

Gixmo
05-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Give it a few, it'll fill up

Anyone notice the tough guy in a cut off shirt lol..... Tough...

Krasno.pL.
05-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Come On You Reddsssss

tml
05-02-2009, 03:08 PM
the seats should be filled by kick-off...no excuse to be late..WTF!!!

tml
05-02-2009, 03:09 PM
LOL @ the rain on the camera lens....HORRIBLE!!!

Inklink
05-02-2009, 03:11 PM
We need windshield wipers!

manic.street.preacher
there are spots on my tv!!!

Krasno.pL.
ahah the damn camera guy wont wipe it clean!!! UGHHH

MrHawk
05-02-2009, 03:12 PM
It looks EMPTY.

I guess everyone's going home.

manic.street.preacher
05-02-2009, 03:12 PM
wow the east side is EMPTY

Krasno.pL.
05-02-2009, 03:14 PM
at least the southend is pumpin!!!

manic.street.preacher
05-02-2009, 03:16 PM
lol did anyone catch what the 2stick with jason alexander said?

zeelaw
05-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Yo boys I set up a live chat on my blog if you guys want to join

http://www.thesubsbench.ca/?p=1030

Hopefully its not a problem with the mods

Inklink
05-02-2009, 03:17 PM
LOL Schellotoo is stupid

manic.street.preacher
05-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Yo boys and girl(s) I set up a live chat on my blog if you guys want to join

fixed! ;)

zeelaw
05-02-2009, 03:19 PM
fixed! ;)
haha of course girls are welcome... encouraged actually
http://www.thesubsbench.ca/?p=1030

Inklink
05-02-2009, 03:31 PM
From pregame show

L56J_IXCr_o

twistedchinaman
05-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Was that Loyal with Gina Bucci?

TFC USA
05-02-2009, 03:36 PM
This game will end 0-0.

RealG-TFC
05-02-2009, 03:38 PM
so boring....

SilverSamurai
05-02-2009, 03:40 PM
CBC link working for anyone?

RealG-TFC
05-02-2009, 03:44 PM
yepp

manic.street.preacher
05-02-2009, 03:49 PM
we're pretty lucky we're not down a goal right now

SilverSamurai
05-02-2009, 03:49 PM
Frig this sucks...
Im stuck with the damn Gringos...
Grr...

Mojo
05-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Anyone notice how the sun came out right as Brennan elbowed Ekpoo in the face? Pathetic fallacy at its finest.

dantdot
05-02-2009, 03:56 PM
Damn, that was some ugly ass soccer.

AdamZ
05-02-2009, 03:56 PM
That was pretty brutal.

SteeltownBhoy
05-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Jesus I don't remember watching a worse half of footie in along time.

manic.street.preacher
05-02-2009, 04:00 PM
stronger than my mum's koolaid? wtf, who are these fools?

Gixmo
05-02-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm still concerned about the HSH in the cut off TShirt up top in 104 - He looks 18, and tough... Someone better call Flush...lol

Was it just me or did GBS turn sideways during the anthem, not in uniform line with his team? Is he that big a douche?

Not a pretty half, Monsoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooonnnnnn where did everyone go, you wussies!!

Nice and loud on TV though! - All the action in the south end today it seems, 2nd half Toronto shall play different!

twistedchinaman
05-02-2009, 04:05 PM
We're lucky to escape the half still at love-all.

2nd half needs to be tighter and more aggressive.

Inklink
05-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Hopefully the 2nd half doesn't put me to sleep.

Inklink
05-02-2009, 04:10 PM
DeRo is subbed in, Dichio off.

SilverSamurai
05-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Damn these announcers suck.
I miss the CBC!!!

Inklink
05-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Crap

TFCAlbertaGirl
shitty!

manic.street.preacher
fuck

ExiledRed
05-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Why the fuck is Dichio off, while Sir crampalot stays?

Danny didnt have a great first half, but the whole team looks crap without him there.

DRock
05-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Man, this is pathetic, what the hell's with the team today? They're better than this!

MrHawk
The team looks bad regardless today.

This has been a boring game.

manic.street.preacher
the referee's a wanker :D ... if nothing else, at least we can hear the chants

Ladies Love Julius James
05-02-2009, 04:27 PM
This is our house.

SilverSamurai
05-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Game died on me..
damn....

TFCAlbertaGirl
05-02-2009, 04:28 PM
K finally got the kit, scarf and pint glass going....

DRock
05-02-2009, 04:29 PM
|Fuck Yeah!

Inklink
Barrett scores!

GREAT cross!

manic.street.preacher
hell yeah!!!

MrHawk
Finally................

Barrett's 2nd.

I honestly never saw this coming with the play today, but good on them.

TFCAlbertaGirl
LOL never watch with out the kit!!!!!! GOAL!!!!!

DRock
And that's why Cronin starts every game!

manic.street.preacher
05-02-2009, 04:30 PM
cronin's been a monster for us :D

Gixmo
05-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Barrett can't miss...

.... With his head.. Yee Whoooo.. Much better 3 mins there.. too bad it took 62 minutes to get to that run of play!!!

Great service from Cronin, Nice dummy and great cross. Under appreciated in the 'star' perspective!

ilikemusic
05-02-2009, 04:31 PM
Thank god!

Cronin has probably got the best crossing ability on the team.

DRock
05-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Ha, O'rourke, you tool, you went headfirst into Vitti

SilverSamurai
05-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Now thats I cant see they score!!!!

Davenport
05-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Cronin did brilliantly.

Gixmo
05-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Life has returned to BMO - It was always loud, but it is now rocking... Noise brought!!

Inklink
05-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Moreno: Serioux just owned you.

manic.street.preacher
05-02-2009, 04:36 PM
wynne is a BEAST!

Inklink
05-02-2009, 04:36 PM
MARVELous

MrHawk
05-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't say it was loud.

Not like now or the start. Granted, they really didn't have much to cheer for.

manic.street.preacher
05-02-2009, 04:38 PM
super frei

Gixmo
05-02-2009, 04:43 PM
I just mean louder in the sense that it's not a ghost town and the supporters are carrying the atmosphere..

Is the girl doing the fan-poll suffering from some sort of a handicap? She's confusing

The Leafs should talk to Mo about Frei, What a goalkeeper!

Serioux messes up, The universe is out of wack!!! It's ok, He's allowed

Inklink
05-02-2009, 04:43 PM
WTF Serioux. Saved by Frei!

manic.street.preacher
05-02-2009, 04:44 PM
wow frei ... just ... WOW

ExiledRed
05-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Frei's going to the big leagues

Inklink
05-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Guevara off Ricketts on

MrHawk
05-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Columbus have made that the most pathetic attempts at goal I have ever seen.

MrHawk
05-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Oh great, Ricketts is on.

David_Oliveira
05-02-2009, 04:49 PM
I've really been impressed with the ref today. good job so far

MrHawk
05-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Except for that Ricketts dive.

LucaGol
05-02-2009, 04:58 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Inklink
05-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Still winless!

MrHawk
05-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Well this 90 minute snooze fest is over.

Neither team deserved to win to be honest. Flat performance by both teams, but we can thank Columbus' horrible striker for the score being so close.

manic.street.preacher
05-02-2009, 04:59 PM
boring match ... MoM is Frei for me

SteeltownBhoy
05-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Take the point, throw up later.

LucaGol
05-02-2009, 05:00 PM
What a dreadful game of soccer from both teams.

Poor, poor, poor.

Cronin, Frei and Wynne had positive games ... everyone else .... better luck next time

Boondaddy
05-02-2009, 05:01 PM
thank you stefan for the point!

twistedchinaman
05-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Except for that Ricketts dive.

Not bad refereeing, boring game, didn't cash in on our chances. :(

Boondaddy
05-02-2009, 05:07 PM
first half was brutal but the second was much better....quite a few chances at both ends...it wasn't a complete snore fest. I've seen a lot worse!

AdamZ
05-02-2009, 05:11 PM
The second wasn't a bad half of football, I think some are overreacting in stating how poor it was from TFC. Have you forgotten our first two seasons yet?

Frei was the man of the match for me, TFC played with character in the second half even if pretty much everything could've been done better. I don't like DeRo on the left, just seems like a waste to me. The Crew weren't playing all that well really, our players just needed to string a few passes together and once they started doing that it was already a bit late in the game. Not making excuses, but I think some of tonight's rougher spots can be considered bad luck, looking forward to the Whitecaps game.

I sound like a naive optimist. I dunno, maybe I've watched too much bad football in my life to think this second half was THAT bad. The first half was dreadful though.

Gixmo
05-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Thank You Stefan, I'll make you a 2 stick now - You deserve it. Man of the last 4 matches in my books.

A draw is the best result for TFC, did not really deserve the win there. Columbus, may I suggest some shooting practice. Match Stats are heavily weighed towards the Spew. GBS is a pathetic excuse, did not like the 'Bunker treatment at all. 60 minutes of "football" out of that guy .. Geesh..

Crowd was loud(er) as game went on, get out in the rain you pansies.

Turning Point - Dichio off? Why... Injuries complications? Let's hope not.. I can't see why you would otherwise.. The 4-4-2 in the second half was a bit better flowing, but school yard football today folks...

Shakes McQueen
05-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Man, Jimmy B got torched by Ekpo on that Columbus goal.

- Scott

Stryker
05-02-2009, 05:25 PM
They had a chance to pull in alot of new fans today playing on the heels of the Pens game and they pissed it away with a poor performance.
Thank god for Frei. Trade Ricketts ASAP

Beach_Red
05-02-2009, 05:31 PM
They had a chance to pull in alot of new fans today playing on the heels of the Pens game and they pissed it away with a poor performance.
Thank god for Frei. Trade Ricketts ASAP

Ricketts? After that game you complain about Ricketts?

Gixmo
05-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Let's be fair, monsooooooooooooooon to start :)

Shakes McQueen
05-02-2009, 05:47 PM
How is "trade Ricketts" the one thing you pulled away from this game? haha.

The following players had an off-day today:

- Brennan
- Serioux
- Guevara
- Vitti
- Dichio

- Scott