PDA

View Full Version : TFC Players for All Star Game 09

Pachuco
04-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Hey guys,

I know it's only 7 games into the season, but we are pretty much half way to the All Star Game. As it stands today, which TFC players do you realistically think should be at the game? Let's be realistic and keep in mind other players in the league (in the same position) when choosing.

here is my take:

1. Stefan Frei
2. Adrian Serioux
3. Robbo Cop

Honorable mentions: Amado Guevara and Dero (these guys could go either way at this point)

I'd be interested in seeing who you would put out there.

Parkdale
04-27-2009, 12:36 PM
dero, serioux, vitti (if he starts scoring)

I'd like to see Frei in there, but I just doubt a rookie keeper would make it.

Nuvinho
04-27-2009, 12:37 PM
^

Keller and big Zach will get the nods as of now.

Oblio2
04-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Robbo

Parkdale
04-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Robbo

over Joseph from NE?

(putting team loyalty aside and just thinking of their play)

Pachuco
04-27-2009, 12:40 PM
Robbo

Shit that's a good point. I shouldn't be forgetting about Robbo, this man is solid everytime around. Alot of the work he does goes unnoticed because of the position he plays in. Add Robbo to my list.

TFCREDNWHITE
04-27-2009, 12:41 PM
^

Keller and big Zach will get the nods as of now.

True....

but what if TFC go on and win the next 7 games in a row and Frei posts 4 clean sheets during that run.....?? LoL wishful thinking...

Pachuco
over Joseph from NE?

(putting team loyalty aside and just thinking of their play)

Well he may not start, but he's probably the second best in DM and probably deserves a spot no?

Cashcleaner
Picking a first-year rookie keeper for the All-Star Game is madness! MADNESS!

But he's actually my pick as well. :D

Not sure about Serioux, but I agree Guevara and DeRo would fit well into the roster. Has Robbo been mentioned?

Yohan
04-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Robbo wont make it, because he's not as 'flashy' as other midfielders

Tremendous game on Sun, but All Stars dont get picked because they do the dirty work

Nuvinho
04-27-2009, 12:43 PM
Please!!!!! don't pick Frei for the All-star game!!!

Here is why:

- The international team the all-stars will play against, might see Frei play, then want to sign him.

Pachuco
04-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Please!!!!! don't pick Frei for the All-star game!!!

Here is why:

- The international team the all-stars will play against, might see Frei play, then want to sign him.

hahaha, that's true.

Parkdale
04-27-2009, 12:44 PM

maybe we can get him a 'Hartman' jersey to wear?

nfitz
04-27-2009, 12:49 PM
Shouldn't we be keeping all our players out of the All-Star Game? The game is on Wednesday July 29th. Not only is there a game in Boston on the following Saturday, but the first leg of the preliminary round of the 2009/2010 Champions League will be on the 28th, 29th, or 30th (and we had better be there this year!)

Red Bulls and DC United will also be playing those days.

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Funny, I was actually just thinking about it this morning. So far in my opinion our best candidates based on performance are Wynne, Serioux, Vitti (provided he keeps this up) and Frei.

Darlofletch
04-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Definitely Serioux.

Frei's been great, but is too young, De Ro hasn't done enough this season, Robinson's been good, but not flashy enough for this sort of thing.

Chad Barrett?:hide:

Parkdale
04-27-2009, 12:57 PM
So far in my opinion our best candidates based on performance are Wynne,

how did I forget him?

Wynne should be on everyone's list.

We all dream of a team of Marvell Wynnes

Pachuco
04-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Definitely Serioux.

Frei's been great, but is too young, De Ro hasn't done enough this season, Robinson's been good, but not flashy enough for this sort of thing.

Chad Barrett?:hide:

He would have an impossible task of beating out McBride, Cooper, Emilio, Donovan and even Robbie Findley. Unless he starts scoring like crazy.

Darlofletch
04-27-2009, 01:20 PM
how did I forget him?

Wynne should be on everyone's list.

We all dream of a team of Marvell Wynnes

Wynne would fit in with the all star game quite well, he looks really good going forward, and it's impressive when he comes from nowhere to catch up with their left winger.

Now if only he had the footballing sense to realise he's a right back, and not constantly go missing, and he wouldn't have to make as many of those runs.

Looks good, but doesn't do his basic job all that well, he's like the anti-Robinson.

nfitz
04-27-2009, 01:22 PM
So I'm the only one here that's concerned that if any of our players are in the All Star Game, they are going to miss a Champions League match?

Stouffville_RPB
04-27-2009, 01:23 PM
The whole starting xi!!!!

It's way too early for this. I honestly don't care if any of them make it as long as they keep getting results.

werewolf
04-27-2009, 01:24 PM
Shouldn't we be keeping all our players out of the All-Star Game? The game is on Wednesday July 29th. Not only is there a game in Boston on the following Saturday, but the first leg of the preliminary round of the 2009/2010 Champions League will be on the 28th, 29th, or 30th (and we had better be there this year!)

Red Bulls and DC United will also be playing those days.

:rofl:

only in the MLS!

kitchener-TFC
04-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Robbo. Why? Because it's Robbo! He does all of the dirty work, and should be commended for his work.

sidvan
04-27-2009, 04:12 PM
They will pick Keller as keeper anyway. Frei is safe here at home.

Yohan
04-27-2009, 04:15 PM
They will pick Keller as keeper anyway. Frei is safe here at home.
you can pick two keepers for all star game
Fat man Thornton is having a good year, so is Hartmann

trane
04-27-2009, 04:18 PM
I would love to see Dichio to go on a goal rampage, and get into the all star, just to add to his legend.

grimm
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
I'll go Robbo, Serioux... and if he keeps it up.... wow..... DD!!!!!!! :D

ExiledRed
04-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Here's my annual 'fuck the all-star game' post:

fuck the all-star game, it's pointless shite, takes players out of practise and puts them at injury risk.

Get rid of this crap and MLS will have a much easier time of scheduling games around the international calendar.

ensco
04-27-2009, 05:16 PM

fuck the all-star game, it's pointless shite, takes players out of practise and puts them at injury risk.

Get rid of this crap and MLS will have a much easier time of scheduling games around the international calendar.

Yeah I agree with this.

The only thing I'd consider is to play it on the Saturday before the MLS Cup.

It wouldn't have the players from the two finalists on the teams, but you'd have a good event as all the league's top players would be together on the ultimate North American soccer weekend, with no cost in terms of the competitive balance. You could get them to play a good Mexican team, or maybe Zenit. It's not much worse than playing West Ham or Villareal.

Broadview
04-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Yeah I agree with this.

The only thing I'd consider is to play it on the Saturday before the MLS Cup.

How about the Saturday after the Cup? NFL Pro Bowl-style. Makes the most sense to me.

ensco
04-27-2009, 05:33 PM
How about the Saturday after the Cup? NFL Pro Bowl-style. Makes the most sense to me.

I don't know why they do it that way. Nobody cares, once the championship is decided.

I think the NFL waste the weekend before the Super Bowl - they should have that game in the Super Bowl city the weekend before. Similar to what I'm suggesting.

NateDoGG
04-27-2009, 06:22 PM
robinson, guevara, and i dunno...

mighty_torontofc_2008
04-27-2009, 06:25 PM
Frei, Serioux and Robinson

Calvin
04-27-2009, 06:43 PM
maybe we can get him a 'Hartman' jersey to wear?

he would need some bukkake on his head to disguise himself.

Calvin
04-27-2009, 06:45 PM
1) Dero
2) Guevarra
3) Adrian "Shade or Colour" Serioux
4) Robinson

Oldtimer
04-27-2009, 07:01 PM

I hope none of our players get chosen. Let other team's players get injured.

As far as who is likely to get chosen from TFC? Only DeRo. Guevara won't as he's known as a "head case" (although he plays just fine for us). Serioux is a possibility, but there are a number of decent defenders from US squads who would likely get the nod first. Robbo is a great player, probably the top DM in MLS, but most Americans don't seem to recognise this.

Yohan
04-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Serioux is a possibility, but there are a number of decent defenders from US squads who would likely get the nod first. Robbo is a great player, probably the top DM in MLS, but most Americans don't seem to recognise this.
I dunno. I can't think of many MLS CBs having a great season right now.

bhoybobby
04-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Dichio, Robinson.......................................... ..............Frei, Serioux,Brennan................................... ..Vitti

Give it our MVP DD

I_AM_CANADIAN
04-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Funny, I was actually just thinking about it this morning. So far in my opinion our best candidates based on performance are Wynne, Serioux, Vitti (provided he keeps this up) and Frei.
Oh and obviously Robbo... I don't know how I forgot him. :o

pepher
04-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Frei and Robinson would get a 'must play' vote from me... simply awesome.

Markham_RPB
04-27-2009, 09:50 PM
dero, serioux, vitti (if he starts scoring)

I'd like to see Frei in there, but I just doubt a rookie keeper would make it.

Agreed.
It's going take a GREAT first half for a rookie keeper to play in the ASG !

DeRo and Serioux seem like good choices !

twistedchinaman
04-27-2009, 10:08 PM

+1.

Or get rid of it full stop.

Cashcleaner
04-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Playing the ASG after the MLS Cup would be kinda cool. That's not a bad idea.

I dunno. I don't like the current format, but I don't know if it should dropped either. Maybe once the MLS season gets really crowded it might be good to drop altogether.

I dunno. I kinda like it.

Yohan
04-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Playing the ASG after the MLS Cup would be kinda cool. That's not a bad idea.

I dunno. I don't like the current format, but I don't know if it should dropped either. Maybe once the MLS season gets really crowded it might be good to drop altogether.

I dunno. I kinda like it.
how North American of you ;)

I like ASG too, but not when it conflicts with league schedule. IIRC TFC has a game two days after ASG!

Cashcleaner
04-28-2009, 01:11 AM
I know you're just joking, but some people actually use that as an insult on these boards.

Ya know, because the last thing we want to do is operate our league even marginally different than the EPL. :D