PDA

View Full Version : Who is listening to 590?

trane
04-27-2009, 12:18 PM
I was just thinking what you guys though about their comments.

flatpicker
04-27-2009, 12:19 PM
^ and what would those be?

Krasno.pL.
04-27-2009, 12:21 PM
love Dobson
but that other donkey Wheeler just sounds , the way that he talks like a complete douche.
umm and yea we should have Started with a Winning MLS Championship coach. but damn, we made some mistakes that first year.. Were getting it right, and we'll get there :D
Dunleavy is a good man as well.

Carts
04-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Just turned it on when I saw your post...

Thanks for posting this...

Carts...

trane
04-27-2009, 12:22 PM
^ That is why I was asking if you were listning, too much said for me to type down. I am in the midle of finishing some work and cannot not spend too much time typing.

Pachuco
04-27-2009, 12:23 PM
^ That is why I was asking if you were listning, too much said for me to type down. I am in the midle of finishing some work and cannot not spend too much time typing.

Ok but post if there is an announcement around a coach, DP or Grass :)

Krasno.pL.
04-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Ok but post if there is an announcement around a coach, DP or Grass :)

nothing about the grass..
just finished..
Dobson thinks we need that CB and wants to get rid of Edwards or Sutts.

as for Wheeler.. thinks we need more fire power up front due to all of us not reallly knowing how bad Dero's hammy is. and i do agree about the injury having myself problems with the Hamstring for 2 years straight. but more fire power.. i dont really think we need. we need to finish which a DP would maybe bring.. but i still think we need a Dp CB first.

trane
04-27-2009, 12:26 PM
love Dobson
but that other donkey Wheeler just sounds , the way that he talks like a complete douche.
umm and yea we should have Started with a Winning MLS Championship coach. but damn, we made some mistakes that first year.. Were getting it right, and we'll get there :D
Dunleavy is a good man as well.

Dunleavy is pushing TFC and footy in general. Witch is good, the only thing that I disagreed in Dobson, and only in a minor manner, is that he was exressing some lack of confidenence in the current formation. While I agree that time will tell, it is seems like the natural formation for the tallent we have. I think you stick to it, and tweak it as needed, making look more like a 4-1-4-1 at times, and a 4-2-3-1 at times, we are just not getting the out and out wing play that we need for the traditional 4-4-2- or 4-5-1. However, maybe Barrett may be able to play out and out winger, and RR may return to for. We will see.

Nuvinho
04-27-2009, 12:29 PM
The firepower will come once Vitti gets more and more accustomed to the league.

DeRo, let than hammy heal for a period of time. We have 2 league games, and 2 Cup games. Don't play him in the cup games. I'd leave him on the bench for Saturday, but if we need a boost and can play, we then put him in.

Krasno.pL.
04-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Dunleavy is pushing TFC and footy in general. Witch is good, the only thing that I disagreed in Dobson, and only in a minor manner, is that he was exressing some lack of confidenence in the current formation. While I agree that time will tell, it is seems like the natural formation for the tallent we have. I think you stick to it, and tweak it as needed, making look more like a 4-1-4-1 at times, and a 4-2-3-1 at times, we are just not getting the out and out wing play that we need for the traditional 4-4-2- or 4-5-1. However, maybe Barrett may be able to play out and out winger, and RR may return to for. We will see.

Agreed. he was right about the whole thing about any team beating any team on any given night. pointed out Seattle.. Columbus.. and i agree with that. Clownbus will start winning, seattle ups and downs.. just like MOST teams will go through

go Look at TFC's homepage. Picture of Barett and Velez. Classic Referee Moment hahhahaha

cmonyoureds
04-27-2009, 01:05 PM
Dunleavy also starts rumor that Mike Ashley to sell NUFC for 120 million pounds if they go down this year. Thinks MLSE would be good owners. LOL. Could you imagine....MLSE hires John Carver to coach again.....

On a more reasonable note, Dobson INSISTS, quite strongly that the 4-3-3 that's having success right now was input from Carver. Totally owned that idiot Wheeler on that point. He also strongly believes it was in fact Carver vs MLS, not MLSE that was the straw that broke his back.

ensco
04-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Dobson INSISTS, quite strongly that the 4-3-3 that's having success right now was input from Carver.

This is too funny. He must be kidding.

Krasno.pL.
04-27-2009, 01:09 PM
Hey if MLSE wants to buy NewCastle im for it. But i just dont think there gonna spend money on players like a Chelsea and ManUtd and Arsenal and Man City doo.
there cheap! lol :P nahh but id love it.
Shearer runs the show.. Carver can be a First Team Coach!

cmonyoureds
04-27-2009, 01:10 PM

Nope, Wheeler tried to call him on it and Dobson steamrolled him. Totally, 100% no joke on it.

JonO
04-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Never understood why everyone assumed it wasn't Carver's choice. I'm not saying it was him, but unless you have inside sources you can't know the opposite either...

Stouffville_RPB
04-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Never understood why everyone assumed it wasn't Carver's choice. I'm not saying it was him, but unless you have inside sources you can't know the opposite either...

What makes me believe that the 4-3-3 wasn't Carver's idea is that since he came here he was always talking about how he wanted to play a 4-4-2. Then the first game he isn't behind the bench it's changed.

ensco
04-27-2009, 01:26 PM

Well, all I go by is what I see, not by what anybody says. So I'm really not interested in what Mo, Carver, Dobson or Dick Cheney are spinning on this....

Here's what I see: Carver wouldn't play more than one of Vitti, Barrett and Dichio at the same time. He never once, even when we were behind late, put 3 forwards on the field at the same time. Not once in his 40+ game tenure would he do that.

I'm especially wary of people that "pound the table" and shout down others who are making reasonable points, just because they "know" and you "don't know". You've got to watch out for those types. Dobson's a blowhard.

Dobson supported Joey Saputo's juvenile MLS expansion tirade. Didn't matter to him that Montreal soccer fans got sold down the river for 10 years by that. Dobson would be better off viewing his readers/viewers as his customers, rather than his sources.

You go ahead and believe what you want.

Pachuco
04-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Well, all I go by is what I see, not by what anybody says. So I'm really not interested in what Mo, Carver, Dobson or Dick Cheney are spinning on this....

Here's what I see: Carver wouldn't play more than one of Vitti, Barrett and Dichio at the same time. He never once, even when we were behind late, put 3 forwards on the field at the same time. Not once in his 35 game tenure would he do that.

Dobson's a blowhard. He lost me when he supported Joey Saputo's juvenile MLS expansion tirade. Dobson would be better off viewing his readers/viewers as his bosses, rather than his sources.

You go ahead and believe what you want.

I'm in agreement with you here. Carver didn't show once that he was willing to play that formation, so why believe it was his influence now that he is gone?

MUFC_Niagara
04-27-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm in agreement with you here. Carver didn't show once that he was willing to play that formation, so why believe it was his influence now that he is gone?

Fair enough, but neither one of you knows exactly who it was. Here's a thought, Carver is gone, and we support TFC. Carver is no longer a part of the club so why don't we all get off the Carver bashing and move on. Everyone has made their point and its getting rediculous now.

MUFC_Niagara
04-27-2009, 01:35 PM
What makes me believe that the 4-3-3 wasn't Carver's idea is that since he came here he was always talking about how he wanted to play a 4-4-2. Then the first game he isn't behind the bench it's changed.

I doubt very much that Carver told Cummins to do what he wanted against Chivas.

ensco
04-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Fair enough, but neither one of you knows exactly who it was. Here's a thought, Carver is gone, and we support TFC. Carver is no longer a part of the club so why don't we all get off the Carver bashing and move on. Everyone has made their point and its getting rediculous now.

You're wrong. This is a pretty significant event in its own right, and is a window into the operation of the team.

This is a much better use of time than the next "Christanval is about to sign" thread.

ilikemusic
04-27-2009, 01:46 PM
You're wrong. This is a pretty significant event in its own right, and is a window into the operation of the team.

This is a much better use of time than the next "Christanval is about to sign" thread.

Or the inevitable 'lets take all this energy and focus it on Columbus!' thread (probably to come from a Carver apologist).

Because we all know how focus on the RPB boards results in improved play on the pitch. :p

Kevvv
04-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Chivas game, Carver wants to watch from upstairs, so Cummins gets to run the show. He doesn't want to stand there handing out water bottles, so he gets Carver's blessing to try the new formation. Carver says go ahead --> there's your input.

Pachuco
04-27-2009, 01:48 PM

Did you really just make up that I was bashing Carver in this thread? We are responding directly to the content in the thread that Dobson is saying Carver had something to do with the 4-3-3 formation. If you can't handle that, then don't come to threads that have Carver's name on them.

ensco
04-27-2009, 01:54 PM
Chivas game, Carver wants to watch from upstairs, so Cummins gets to run the show. He doesn't want to stand there handing out water bottles, so he gets Carver's blessing to try the new formation. Carver says go ahead --> there's your input.

I would call that the rooster taking credit for the dawn, if that's what happened.

elvis
04-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Dobson thinks we need that CB and wants to get rid of Edwards or Sutts.

Do we know what's happening with Edwards? Is he that shite or just not being given the chance?...

Suds
04-27-2009, 01:59 PM

this sounds more probable to me ... whereas the coaching staff have a discussion, someone puts their idea and reasons for it forward, staff agree the idea is a good one, coach makes the call to go with it

ilikemusic
04-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Do we know what's happening with Edwards? Is he that shite or just not being given the chance?...

Hes not shite.

Hes just not Frei.

greatwhitenorf
04-27-2009, 02:26 PM
What's always amusing on the Fan is the polarity between guys who get soccer and those who don't.

Other than some vacuous comments about fans in our first season, I can't recall one single instance of the morning show guys - Don Landry and Two-Forty Gordy - ever talking soccer, even to bash it. It's obviously a deliberate decision and if they don't know anything about the game, then fair play to stay away from it.

Then there's the hapless Mike Toth and Mike Hogan who make some of the most ridiculous and uninformed remarks about the game. Toth wants to dig soccer someday, Hogan sounds petrified, like a guy seeing two teams out there and wondering where the rest of their uniforms are.

Funny thing is, you can't say that about McCown because the biggest story he's ever generated in his entire career - a revealing George Gillett interview that went worldwide - was about soccer and he occasionally dabbles in it with Brunt. To good effect.

Even Norm Rumack has fun with soccer. Whoda thunk that? All of them overseen by Deacon Doug Farraway, a soccer lover. It can only get better.

Nuvinho
04-27-2009, 02:27 PM
^^ They talked soccer a bit this morning.

trane
04-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Gordy, is more open to it, Landry is negative.

GuelphStorm2007
04-27-2009, 03:30 PM
I know that some guys on the Fan590 are not Footy fans, They all seem threatned by the sport, I do not know why. Gordy and Landry I think the reason they do not talk TFC is because there whole world is based on the Leafs 24/7. They have no time to talk about anything else. including soccer and other NHL TEAMS..